Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Lady and the Beast (M)

Started by visualspice, January 08, 2013, 02:49:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

OOC: So when I first read this, I thought he called her a damn bag.. X3

----------------

Victoria turned, only to observe Urich's swiftness of the water, flinching some as the water splashed a tad onto herself. And then the woman reacted, and she flinched again at the crack to her fiance's cheek. Frowning, she raised herself to her feet. There was not much to be done with the woman, nor her dead husband as she sighed. She moved swiftly to URich's side, digesting what the waitor mentioned mentioned turning her eyes about. Then she looked back to the waitor, fetching onto his arm.
"You will tell me where the cellar is immediately. We'll need to inspect the other drinks. And tell the kitchen staff to hold off on serving any of their food. We don't need the entire staff and guests to keel over dead. We've got a murder on our hands. The poison was used intentionally and we've got to find out why. Now, direct me to that cellar at once!"

The man shrunk back, shaking a bit as he pointed towards a door that lead to the kitchen.
"Through there, mum."

Victoria's eyes narrowed to a glare at the word 'mum'.

"I mean, ma'am, er.. miss. Through there. You have to pass through the kitchen!" he called the last part after her, as Victoria was holding onto her skirts and storming across the dance floor. "Come along, Urich. I need your nose." Then back to the waitor she barked out the order. "See that nobody leaves. Even the servants. Anyone is a suspect."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

[Ha!  She needs his nose!  Also, when is Mr. Mummy Detective Dude going to show up?]

Urich, frankly, was quite impressed by how easily Victoria took charge of the situation.  But he was just as concerned that he wasn't getting in over her head.  Urich would just as well not bother to get involved and returned to their quarters.  however, he had an inkling feeling that the man that died was not the intended target for the poisoning.  And if that were the case, they'd have a true conspiracy on their hands.  And that didn't exclude neither him nor Victoria from being possible targets.

He only nodded to he as he followed her through the kitchens and to the cellar that, following the scent of the waiter they came to a staircase that led below.  The kitchen staff just stared at them as they passed through but Urich only stared back that told them to go on about their business as if they didn't see them.

Urich walked passed her as they entered into the dim lightning, his night vision kicking in.  He sniffed the air, tracking where the server had gone through and found the case of champagne and moved the pried lid away from it, revealing a dozen minus one bottles in there, all sealed and fresh.  "This is the case...but there's only one missing, probably the bottle he'd been serving."

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Victoria leaned over, gloved hands on her knees as she blinked, examining the champagne bottles. Then she looked up at Urich. At the angle she was bent over, she was nearly bursting out of her dress, exposing so much of her assets it was rather curious that she seemed unphased by it, or even got drafty.
But she simply blinked.
"Are any of these bottles poisoned?" she inquired. "Or any other ones here?" She eyed the empty location, noticing a hair and examining it. It was a long, black curly peace of hair. Though she wasn't sure if it was of any consequence she turned back to Urich. "What do you make of this? Shall we have you sniff out the kitchen?"
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

Urich had sniffed the crate and was carefully examaning the other bottles when Victoria's bosom clouded his view nicely.  But he only furrowed his brows at the distraction.  He needed to focus if they were going to figure this out, and he immediately regretted making her wear that silly red dress. 

"I don't smell anymore poison.  It was just that one bottle.  But how could have they known that that particular bottle was used...?  It doesn't add up.  Unless they switched them...  Perhaps they poisoned the bottle after it was opened.  Perhaps the server is the culprit this whole time...and he's just a well-trained actor." 

He stood up and stared at the hair Victoria managed to pluck from the crate.  "No....I don't think scouring the kitchen will be necessary.  Have you seen that chicken!?  I'm glad they gave us cheese.  But this hair...it smells.....it smells undead."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Victoria blinked.
"Oh, do you think it's one of Frederick's?" she asked, though his hair was more of a dark brown- though this couldn't possibly...

"CONFOUNDED! What do you mean I can't leave? Don't you know who I am? Who ordered such a ridiculous arrangement? What do you mean some woman? What!? She's int he cellar!?" bellowed a voice from upstairs. It was so loud it made Victoria jump and turn around, her eyes seeking towards the cellar steps. She turned to Urich.

"Seems one of the guests are getting antsy. I wonder if he's the culprit?" she thought outloud, a smug grin stretching across her lips. Moving quick, she held onto her skirts and raced upstairs, just as the man was racing down the steps and the pair quickly collided and soon Victoria and the man was tumbling down teh last pair of steps in some peculiar, painful looking dance until the pair of them both seemed to grip onto the railing at the last second-

And Lord Amalin was hanging over her, curly dark hair across his raging brown eyes;
and Victoria leaning back, barely gripping onto the railing while her own, equally raging brown eyes were looking back at him. And her chest was heaving angrily beneath it's confines, that of which was only a momentary distraction for the Lord who bent over her and quickly righted himself.

"Who are you to give such orders against the Hotel?" the man demanded.

Victoria was taken back by his rudeness.

"I say, not even an apology!"s he started at him with a sniff. "I'll have you know we have a murder on our hands and anyone, even yourself, my good sir, could very well be a culprit!"

"Culprit!?" the man looked at her as if she were mad, fury broiling inside hsi eyes but- GOD'S BE DAMNED! Why was she wearing such an attractive dress!? His eyes kept going down and he found himself havin ga hard time keeping focused on her. But God's, she was infuriating.  "I'll have you know I've been working on this case all week and-"

"And what!? If you were plotting to kill someone we already have incriminating evidence that you were the one promoting such atrocities!" Victoria spat back.

Lord Amalin blinked.
"What the devil has gotten up your skirts, woman? My fingerprints would be all over this damn place. I've been here the past week chasing after a man dabbling in some severely acute poisons! Now I asked you a question!" he pressed, angrily backing her up against a wall. "Your name, madame!?"

Victoria gave a start when she found her bare shoulders pressing against the cold stone of the wall of the cellar, but when her lips went to speak- she couldn't say anything as this man's eyes were now glued to her chest. Anger flooded through her as she begna to suddenly clobber him with her purse.

"I am Miss Victoria Armani, and I'll have you know you can not just publicly stare at me like that or I'll have my fiance clobber you once, then twice to the moon!" she shouted, smashing her purse into his skull again and again.

At first, Lord Amalin had cowered away as the purse was painfully smashed into his head, but then thrust his hand outward, latching onto the purse and yanked the woman forward, his hair a dark, moppish mess about his face as he held her fiercely within his grasp so that NOW her breasts were bulging eve more beneath their constrictive confines.

"CONFOUNDED WOMAN! STOP THAT!" he roared,a nd threw her damn purse aside as it clattered open and the contents scattered about across the floor. Then he shook her. "Do you have any idea what you're even dealing with!?"

"And apparently neither do you!" the woman cried, realizing all of a sudden why the hair smelled like undead- THIS MAN! He reeked of embalming oils! And suddenly her purse was too far away, her enchantments too far out of reach and her hat- OH HER HAT! If only she had a means to be rid of this despicable man-
But instead of waiting for Urich to do something, she tried to beat on the man with her fists.
"UNHAND ME NOW!" she roared.

Lord Amalin growled as her fists smashed into his face.
"LORD, WOMAN!" he bellowed, grabbing onto her wrists and yanking her forward, so that Victoria was forced to press her hand to this man's chest lest they...
well.. let's just say they were in too far of an intimate looking and compromising position that Victoria began to wonder what had become of her fiance... whens he suddenly shouted.
"URICH! GRAB THE LIPSTICK IN MY PURSE! AND BE CAREFUL! IT"S ENCHANTED!" she commanded. "He's an undead! I can simply use my powers on him to render him-"

"Wait- what do you mean powers.." Lord Amalin began, when suddenly he was clocked again.

"URICH!" she wailed, stumbling but Lord Amalin still held on fast to one of her arms.

Wait..
His mind began to think back, to deduce when suddenly-
"GOOD GODS!? You're the Victoria Armani!?"

Lion

Frankly, Urich was taken aback by the entire display.  He just watched, with some fleeting fascination as Victoria tumbled with another man and proceeded to pummel him and give him all the mouthful she could handle in that one heated moment.  He just stood back, leaning against a rather large cask nonchalantly, grinning wider just a little each time Victoria got more and more angry.  Oh, how lovely it was to watch her become so frustrated.

"URICH! GRAB THE LIPSTICK IN MY PURSE! AND BE CAREFUL! IT"S ENCHANTED!"

He visibly laughed.  "Like hell I will.  I'm not touching that thin," he said and scoffed.  "You're doing fine all on your own, darling."  He was surprised as well, just how calm he was during the whole situation, considering the other man's hands were all over his fiance.  But for some reason he didn't find any reason to believe this man was any particular threat to Victoria.  She was more than capable of defending herself after all.

Even as the other man had her in a rather - well, compromising position - Urich said and did nothing, not even bothering to touch that enchanted purse. And when at last the man that grabbed onto her realized who she was, it was only then that Urich finally nudged himself off the cask and waved his hands as the mediator, carefully prying the strange man's fingers off of his fiancee's wrist.

"All right, now, both of you need to calm down," Urich said.  "Now, sir, first off, who are you and what are you doing down here?  Perhaps instead of complaining about being unable to leave, maybe you can be of some assistance to us.  I don't know if you saw the dead body lying on the floor in the middle of the dining area, but we are trying to figure out the precise reason for his untimely demise.  I imagine since you've said you were investigating a man who had a taste for poisons, perhaps you could lend a hand instead."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Victoria glared at Urich for his impotence! This was a serious matter and her blood was boiling.

"Yes, I am Victoria Armani and we've had yet to be introduced to you!" she spat.  Though as Urich went on, she felt her irritation only growing and prickling throughout her entire body as she glared daggers.  Whirling around, she glared at her fiance. "Like hell we'll have him help us! He might be a suspect, or even the murderer himself!"

At those claims, Lord Amalin barked out a laugh.
"Please.." he adjusted his lapels, smoothing back his hair as he gave a shake of his head.  "If I were a murderer I'd be far smarter than this gentleman I've been chasing down. I've been tracking him these many months for conspiracy against the Council, dabbling into poisons and the likes and-"

"Wait- you know about the Council?" Victoria asked, taken back.

Lord Amalin grinned.
"Why yes. THough I suppose now I ought to introduce myself, yes?" he bent down in a bow, then took Victoria's hand and kissed the top of it softly. "I am Lord Amalin."

Victoria was taken back, yanking her hand away, disgusted. "The mummy!?"

Lord Amalin visibly flinched, wearing a soured grin. "Yes.. the mummy."  Then righted himself, he continued to fix his suit, eyes going to Urich. "And I presume this is Urich Renqvist?" He tilted his head. "Considering he hardly looks like your fiance, Gerard Regnald... was it? Your cousin... I believe the rumors said? Though from what I hear he's now a pawn for Prince Adelaram. Though you know how gossip goes." He waved it off in nonchalance.

Lion

Urich grinned at the man before them, completely amused at the situation and that Victoria was becoming even more appalled and infuriated than before.  She almost couldn't believe that another related to the Council could find themselves here.  But it was nice, for once, to finally deal with someone who knew what they were talking about it seemed than to have strange mortals that knew nothing of the reality of the wider world but their stupid, stuffy, intrusive laws.

He would more than welcome the aid of this... Mummy, was it?  Urich wasn't quite sure what an exact mummy entailed but it must have been something dead and otherworldly.  And it was enough to piss Victoria off.

"Yes, sir," Urich said, extending a hand and pulling it into a strong shake.  "I am Urich Renqvist.  And Victoria here is my fiancee as you ought to know by now.  I'm sure you know the details of the little fiasco with Gerard.  Quite a nuisance really.  But, sir, if you are willing to help, I'd more than welcome it.  Even if Victoria here does not."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

(Would be funny if they became best friends XD)

----------------

Lord Amalin raised his brows at the man's introduction. He pressed his lips together curiously, looking from him to the fuming Victoria, then back to Mr. Renqvist. Tilting his head, he cleared his throat with a brief cough, "I do apologize. I hadn't realized she had retracted her engagement. Though I try not to stick my nose into gossip unless it pertains to something important."

'Something important indeed,' Victoria thought with a growl as she stepped up beside the men.

"Well now-" Victoria began, but was abruptly cut off by Lord Amalin as he turned his back to Victoria, now addressing her fiance as she was taken a bit back by this rude gesture.

"Well, I suppose I could use some help. Wait- did you say Renqvist?" he though the name over and was taken back, and was actually laughing. "Oh, so you're the Mr. Urich Renqvist. So, perhaps her tarred reputation did chain you two together after all?"

Victoria's face was red as a cherry.
"I say!"S he began, stomping an angry foot forward. "We hardly did anything so salacious as you might be implying, sir-"

"I guess I have picked up on some of the gossip,"he said, pickign at his ear with a wriggle of his pinky finger as it dug in- Victoria's short remark was more like a bark and stung at his ear drums. Shaking it off, he shrugged. "So you're a were wolf.." He rubbed his chin.

"Yes, he's a werewolf-" Victoria began, but was cut off yet again as Amalin continued.

"We could definitely use a good nose. There's a few things I might want you to look at. Though my bag was left in my carriage and the infuriating hotel staff won't let me pass."

Lion

At the remark, Urich boiled but he managed to maintain his composure.  He still smiled at the confirmation of his wolfish state.  Why did he have to mention the fact that Victoria had a 'tarred reputation'  as if that were the only reason any man  might take pity on her and propose?  As if this had all been done because she couldn't find anyone else.  It was an insult even if it was merely gossip.  But the very fact that he would believe it didn't instill much confidence Urich's thought of the man.

"Yes, of course," Urich said, nodding to Amalin.  "We'll get those things for you as soon as possible.  But first things first."  Then Urich's fist slammed hard into the jaw of the strange mummy man that called himself Lord Amalin.  He struck him hard, with enough force to knock him back.

"You seem to be a man of decent intelligence, so I'd ask you, kindly to please refrain from believing such nonsense.  Gossip is gossip, I understand.  But it wouldn't hurt to show a little more respect in front of a lady, particularly one of the council," he said, dusting off his hand.  "Now, I apologize for striking you, Lord Amalin.  But that is all I ask, and if it is too much, then we have no reason to work together.  With all due, respect, sir."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

The shot to his jaw was enough to down the man to his knees, causing Victoria to take a step back, but her grin to grow as wide as the ocean and as content as the sea as she could have purred over this sort of victory. But instead of rubbing his nose in it, she simply remained quiet and folded her arms across her chest, still smirking.  Well, that was one reason to add to many why she loved her werewolf.  She gave Urich an appreciating glance while Lord Amalin began to rise.

Lord Amalin rubbed at his jaw, shaking it off as he got to his feet. That would smart tomorrow- oh no wait, it probably wouldn't. But it would certainly not do well for his decomposing..
which had begun a lot earlier than he would have liked. At least nothing was visibly showing- for now.
Smiling up at Urich, he simply nodded.

"I can't say I didn't deserve that. That's what I get for taking to gossip." he worked at setting his jaw. "Though one can never be too certain if some good information might not come from it." he bowed slightly to Urich. "I apologize for my rudeness."
Victoria angrily cleared her throat, and bristling, Lord Amalin turned around nad forced himself to bow to her.
"I meant no disrespect," he stated, but Victoria hardly looked amused.

Lion

"Calm down, Victoria," Urich said, putting an arm around her waist and stepping in close to her.  "The man apologized and it seems he means it.  He could really help us, if you're dead set on solving who's trying to poison the guests!  Think about it.  Listen to reason.  I'll make it up to you later."

Urich sighed and shook Lord Amalin's hand once more.  "Apology accepted, sir.  Now, to those pieces of evidence you were talking about.  We have work to do."

[Short! D8]

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Victoria held a breath and looked angrily away, nose to the air. That wolf had better be good on his word or he'd be sorry!
Keeping her arms folded, she simply made a noise and just waved them on.
"Well, then be about what you want to say then." she said impatiently, still refusing to look at the man.

Lord Amalin only smirked and looked from Victoria to Urich, raising his brows at the man and seeming to ask him a silent question. After all, this man claimed to be her fiance....
He must like having his hands full.

Clearing his throat, he continued. "Well, there's a lot of complications with the evidence. It's in my carriage, which is conveniently outside and the hotel staff refuses to let me retrieve it. That, and well, I think we have a ghost on our hands."

Victoria was taken back.
"A what!? What do you mean a ghost?!"

"It's exactly as I say it. The murderer is dead. And he's intending to kill again from beyond the grave."

"Well, let me just get my things! This looks like a job for the council. I just need to find my things and enchant a few items and-"

"Really, no- the Council should not interfere..."

"And why is that!?" Victoria asked angrily, hands to her hips, bosom thrust out.

"Er- b-because this was a private paid investigation!" Amalin pressed. "And I will not have my client's will marred by the reputation and laws of the Council-"

"What do you mean marred!?" Victoria snapped, growing furious.

Amalin groaned, rubbing his brow. "I knew this would happen!" and he began to storm away. "I'll just see to this case myself! Please tell your woman to stay out of my hair!" Amalin said, glaring over at Urich before he began to race up the steps.

"HIS WOMAN!?" Victoria was pissed, and tore off after him- fully intending to raise hell.

Lion

His WOMAN!? Ha!  As if he'd ever be able to tell 'his woman' what to do!  Urich almost wanted to laugh at loud but had a little too much tact to just burst out in laughter when Victoria suddenly stormed after him.  Oh, he had to see this!  As much as he wanted to intervene, the very thought of Victoria raising hell on someone else was a much relieved change and it would be fun to witness yet another argument between the two.

Yet, good sense told him that he really ought not to let his fiance make such a scene, not when she was trying to present herself as something of a profession in front of the guests upstairs.  He quickly grabbed Victoria's arm and yanked her back to him.  "Now, Victoria, you said you've been trying for years to earn the respect of the Council and now here comes an opportunity, literally, sprawled at your feet.  Don't squander it by humilitiating yourself out there.  Calm down.  You can take your anger out on me at a later time."

He moved passed her and ran up the stairs after Lord Amalin.  "Sir, please wait!  Now, look.  Personally, I wouldn't give two shits about solving this crime, not with a ghost involved.  I've had enough of those to last a lifetime.  But for the sake of these people, can we at least find common ground?  We don't need anymore victims and as long as Victoria wants to help, I'm going to do whatever i can for her.  And that means making you come to your senses...as well as hers."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Victoria gave an impatient huff, as did Lord Amalin. His eyes flickered between the pair before settling back to Mr. Renqvist.
"The ghost we have on our hands is no ordinary ghost. I believe they are allied with vampires. I'm sure you might both be familiar with a certain Prince Adelram?"

Victoria gasped.
"That vampire, again?"

"Well, the rumors are speculating he's dabbling in affairs outside of vampirism, but one can not say why or for certain. He might just be growing bored," Lord Amalin rolled his eyes. "Damn immortals can never be satisfied." He shook his head and studied the pair for a moment. "Before we procede, I need your word you wont' drag the Council into this unless it is necessary. I won't get paid other wise and well.." he shuffled uneasily. "I'd rather not ruin the alliance I've worked too many years to gain. After all, aiding me would, in effect, benefit the Council anyway, so we'd be doing one another a favor by snuffing out the presence of this ghost together. Now, I don't normally condone working together, however.." he sighed. "This ghost has been rather... evasive, as most ghosts tend to be. But this one is more clever than the rest. At least she doens't moan about like the others do." He rolled his eyes, recalling some of his other assignments before shaking his head. "Look, just.. do something to get them to allow me to go outside, or .. you know.. distract them with your breasts or something." He gestured to Victoria. It was obvious the woman wanted that sort of attention- or why would she wear such a scandalous gown?

Victoria gasped in offense, hands clenching into fists as if ready to sock him one, but instead, turned to her fiance. Really, the wolf had better do something about this arrogant man or she'd pummel them both with her parasol.

Lion

"Understood, Mr. Amalin," Urich said, nodding to their new acquaintance.  "Do you hear that Victoria?  The the Council doesn't always need to stick it's irreputable nose into other people's business.  And I believe we can still help out here without bringing all that extra baggage along, Victoria.  Now, think about it for a minute here before you lose your skull over this.  You've been trying for years to accomplish something that would impress the Council, and just think what this would do for your career.  Finally, something found on your own and you can be quite proud of yourself for it.  It'll be all right, Victoria and you'll need our help as much as we need yours."

Urich smiled at her and gave an appreciative smirk.  "Besides, I see the man has excellent taste.  As do I," he said, shrugging off the comment about her breasts.  They really were glorious, if he could say so himself.  But now was not the time for such nonsense, they could worry about that later.

Quickly he kissed her cheek before moving back through the kitchen, walking through the door and out to the staff that were preventing people from both entering the hotel and from leaving.  "Now, if you please, allow this man through, he's an inspector of sorts and is helping us investigate the matter of the recent death inside.  However, he needs to be let outside to retrieve his things to help further this investigation.  Including particular pieces of evidence that need to be diagnosed."

The man saw the look in Urich's eye, that he wasn't playing games and immediately opened the door for Lord Amalin to pass through.  "Victoria, you stay here," Urich said, as he would follow Lord Amalin outside.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Victoria had the nerve to run a fist through Urich's face, but held her breath instead, glaring at her fiance after he kissed her cheek and left, and just as the pair were heading out the door, she turned around and began barking more orders, sending the hotel shaking beneath her command.
Lord Amalin shook his head and glanced over at Mr. Renqvist as he loosened his collar.
"I've met many difficult women in my time," Amalin began, chancing a glance back at the Armani woman. "And I don't think many could compare to your fiance." He smirked, and gestured for Urich to follow him. "Come, my carriage is just around the corner."

Throwing open the door, he began to rummage through his stuff.
"So, dare I ask how you've gotten yourself entangled with a council woman?" he asked, still keeping his head inside the carriage as he groped about, gathering boxes and bags and a sachel from inside.  "I would think a werewolf would be wise enough to stay clear of those types, though I don't blame you if it was purely attraction, or.." he paused, laughing. "If you're the sort that enjoys that sort of challenge. Or torture."

Lion

Urich laughed at the prodding question.  "You could say I'm a glutton for punishment.  But I do believe that is every man worth his salt is, wolf or not.  But it's quite a long and...aggravating story.  To make it quick, I suppose, she came into my life quite unwelcome.  In fact, I tried to kill her.  Well, she was asking for it, believe you me.  However, fate would have it that she would leave me homeless and I ended up making my home in her house as punishment to say the least.

"I honestly didn't think i could love someone as insufferable as her.  I know how frustrating she can be.  But what fun would there be in a woman without a little fire to her?  I'm sure you can only imagine the kind of passion contained within her."  He grinned a little, in a small pride that he could call a woman like Victoria his own.

"However, her...being a Marchioness, does put a damper on things sometimes.  I hope she never enchants my pants."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Lord Amalin was only half listening, fiddling with this thing and that before he turned around, blinking - one eye larger than the other through a peculiar set of spectacles now upon his face.
But then he quickly barked out a laugh, and kept laughing, shaking his head.
"That would put a damper on things indeed," Amalin agreed, adjusting his pants as he lifted the spectacles off of his face, btu then something caught his eye as he lowered them again and blinked, clicking something on the side while he examined a few things on Urich's shoulder. He plucked off a long strand of hair, then furrowed his brow and looked up at Urich through uneven eyes through his glasses with a blink.

"What floor were you two staying at in the hotel? Or more importantly.. what room?"

Lion

Urich was confused for a moment, as he plucked the hair from his shoulder.  Odd, he hadn't seen it on him!  He stared at it for a good long second before blinking at Amalin.  "Third floor.  Room 112, I believe.  Why?  That hair looks a lot like the one I found on the case of champagne in the cellar!"

"Gods, what does our room have to do with that hair?  Perhaps it belongs to a corpse.  Perhaps the body of the ghost that you hunt."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn