Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Coming out of the Closet

Started by visualspice, January 10, 2013, 11:27:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Draven sighed.
"Do you really think splitting up would be wise? I know you, Laighean, and... this world, though it seems the same as our, is vastly different. The common tongue even sounds different and ..." he sighed, raking a hand through his dark hair as he frowned.
"Do you honestly think I'd just let you go, after all the trouble you caused?" Though after saying it, he frowned at the thought and scratched lightly at the thick beard around his jaw. "Though come to think of it... I do recall you make a lovely distraction..."
But shaking his head at the idea, he frowned and looked back towards his brother.
"No, it is out of the question. We need to stick together to figure a way out." Then to his sister, he asked, "Fiona, do you know of any other way out? Any other way to get us back home? Like the secret door we had slipped through to get here."

Though for all he knew...
there was no more home to go back to, and this was their new destiny, this had been their way out... even as strange as it might be. But he could not say. Their destiny still lay in the winds.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Paradox

Grinning at his sister, Laighean nodded, "Aye, tha' ye are."

Laighean turned to Draven and shrugged, " Ah'm noot a child, Draven. Ah can take care o' meself if ye let me."  The mage folded his arms over his chest. At the mention of his trouble-making, he grinned sheepishly, "Oh, 'twas joost a wee bi' o' fun. Ye worry too mooch. Ye ferget all we've been through. A couple o' boys in tin are hardly gonna stop me. Me magic'll protect me if ah don't 'old back like ah 'ave. Mother taught me t' fight an' ah'm every bi' as capable as you are. "

Then he rolled his eyes and added, "Fer yer information, it's not me fault these people are so damn paranoid an' afraid o' magic. "

But Draven wasn't even going to consider it. Laighean's mood soured, but he said nothing more. Future King Draven always knew best, didn't he? And as the younger brother , he should just do what he was told. 

Ivory

Fi frowned at her brothers a moment, then whirled away and made as though she were about to scoop the cat, ragged and filthy as it was, into her arms.  His arched its back with a hiss, and its tail poofed out so dramatically that it looked almost as though a second cat were standing beside it.  It allowed her to pick him up, however, soon becoming pliant in the girl's arms.  It's purr was loud, made louder by their cramped surroundings, and it butted her chin with its dirty head happily.

With her new friend nestled in her arms, Fi turned to her brothers with a happy, rather vacant smile.  She seemed more focused on the kitty than on their plight, her words punctuated by the occasional giggle or coo in response to the cat.  "The light is brightes' in the dark.  Ye 'ave t' look 'ard t' see the shine.  Meow?  Meow, meow, meow."

"D'ye know tha' a ca' can see t'other worlds?  If we ask 'im, 'e might say."

visualspice

Draven sighed as he looked at his sister, and went pensive a moment as he looked from her, then to the cat. After a moment, his features softened.

"Yes, why don't we ask the cat, Fiona. Does it know any secrets it wishes to tell us? And would you be able to translate what it says?" and he placed a hand gently upon his sister's shoulder. Perhaps the secret to getting out of here was simply trusting the unprecedented thought process of his fading baby sister.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Paradox

"Probably sayin' 'e's  'ungry an' this place stinks like shi-. " Laighean nearly forgot there was at least one lady present here. He coughed and corrected himself, "Er. Bad, very bad." Actually, Laighean couldn't smell a thing in ghost form , but from the look of the place, he was willing to guess that it probably wasn't the cleanest or most pleasant of places to be. 

"But joost fer fun, can ye ask th' wee lil kitty if 'e can take us to a world where Draven isn't sooch a fusspot?"  Lagheain strained his ear as if listening to the cat, "What's tha' , kitteh? Ye say tha' no sooch world exists?" Laighean gave the cat a somewhat disappointed look, " Well, ah s'ppose we'll joost 'ave to do with a world tha' 'as some light and bonnie lasses. And by bonnie lasses ah meant human lasses, not kittehs."

The cat stared at him and then it cried softly, "Mew!"

ooc: My post contributes immensely!

Ivory

Fi giggled at Laighean's antics in spite of their situation.  Then again, whose to say she fully remembered or understood how dire a situation they were in?

"Ah guess 'e does nee' a bath.  An' 'e would be so 'andsome, wouldn't ye?"  The cat seemed to be purring in agreement...or it could have been the vigorous rubbing he was receiving beneath his chin.  "We could dress 'im up in a wee suit an' give 'im a wee sword ta fight evil mice...  An' 'e'd be crowned King o' the mice, and they'd 'ave ta bring 'im all their cheese!"

"Ye know where the' Kingdom o' Mice is, doncha, kitteh?  Go on an' find i' fer us, then."  So saying, she sat the cat back down on the ground, where it promptly turned its attention to washing its ears.

Fi looked a bit crestfallen.

visualspice

Draven frowned.
Well, that tactic proved fruitless. Sighing, he turned away from his siblings to peer down the way.
"We can't stay down here forever," he reminded the pair. "Perhaps now it's time to go." And without so much as a word, he moved away from the pair of them and climbed up a nearby ladder, to where he paused to observe the street above. The coast was clear, that much was obvious as the road was quiet and he couldn't hear a horse or carriage rolling by.

"If we're careful, we can slip out in daylight. So I suggest we go now while no one is up on the streets," and he gestured for Laighean to usher Fiona behind him as he turned back to the grate over head, grunted and removed it before he crawled out onto the empty street.

Paradox

Predictably, the cat was behaving like a cat. "A vain beastie, " Laighean chuckled, "If ah dinnae know any better, ah'd say 'e was a princess." A Connlaothian one because they seemed like a vain and prissy lot. 

He watched Draven leave and then turned to regard his sister, "Well, ye 'eard th' man. Up we go!" He considered the cat now, "Ye comin', King 'o Priss? " The cat was grooming its chest now. Laighean shrugged, "Ah s'ppose 'e 'as more important things t' do! Well, 'ave fun with tha' yer majesty!"

Having bid his farewell to the feline, Laighean scaled up the ladder after his sister and emerged into the world of light.

Ivory

Fiona waved goodbye to the cat, who, frankly, was too busy with his ineffective grooming to really notice.  She scrambled up the ladder, then, sandwiched between her older brothers.

On the street, she paused with a surprised expression on her face.  The quaint little street in which the trio had found themselves was lovely, composed of small, closely-placed cottages with overflowing gardens and flowerbeds.  The sun's light fell on blues, greens, yellows, and pinks, brightening the entire street with a sense of cheer and peace.

Yet, Fi's surprise quickly became confusion, then caution as she spun in a slow circle in the street.  "This isn't righ'," she murmured quietly.  There was an edge of something else creeping into her tone, something entirely foreign to her usual cheer.  It sounded like fear, verging on hysteria.  "We shouldn't be 'ere!  We 'ave t' go!"

visualspice

It was, in fact, a picturesque scene. The sun cast everything in a golden glow, the place was lively, full of cheery, busy sounds and it smelled of fresh blossoms. It was definitely something the group of siblings hadn't experienced for a while, and even someone as stiff as Draven was coming in to appreciate for a spell-

That was, until his sister's sudden protest.
Blinking, he turned back to Fiona.
"Fiona?" he said, furrowing his brow as he took a step near to her. "What are you talking about? There aren't any guards around.."
Or was there something else she sensed or saw?

Paradox

Laighean felt his skin prickle and he shifted on his feet, a look of mild discomfort on his fair features, " Ah cannae say fer sure, brother, but ah get th' feelin' there's somethin' amiss. Anyway, we-" He stopped and stared at something small and furry off to Draven's left. He pointed to it ,"Does anyone else find that just a wee bi' disturbin'?"

The feline sat there staring at the trio. It looked identical in size , shape, and coloring to the cat they'd seen in the sewers. It meowed at them once and then took off down the street.

And Laighean took off running after it!

((To remind you of what we discussed. Chase cat. Cat leads silly humans to the portal though not necessarily by intention. Fi should detect it and....then they can cross through and go home. Feel free to carry this out in whatever fashion pleases. Doesn't have to be so ABC . ))

visualspice

Blinking, Draven looked down at his boots where the cat was snuggling up against in an oh so cuddly manner. It was odd once he realized the markings appeared the same.

"There are strays no doubt, all over town," Draven began to explain. "I'm sure they're all from a similar litter..."
But then, of course, his brother decides to up and make chase and Draven, doing a double take, let out a frustrated growl and called after him.
"LAIGHEAN!" he shouted. "MIGHT I REMIND YOU WE STILL NEED TO BE CAREFUL!"
And with another growl, he took a hold of Fiona's hand and gave a gentle, but forceful pull, "Come on. Let's go stop him before he gets us all killed."

If they could even be killed...

Ivory

Fi started when Draven took her hand, having been lost in her own little world.  She had, in fact, been staring intently at a wisp of purple smoke that only she could see as it danced and wound through the air on the breeze above and around them.  "Killed?"

She looked to Draven, then over her shoulder at where the smoke had been...but whatever spell she had been under, Draven had broken it.

"Wha's 'e bein' killed fer?"

There was surprisingly little alarm in her voice...

visualspice

Draven growled and continued to pull his sister along.
"Just for being Laighean."
Though need he go into detail about how reckless he could be?
"LAIGHEAN!" he shouted, but it seemed his cries were going on def ears. Wait until he got a hold of him, he'd box him one, right on the ears!

Paradox

((oh Laighean...))

"'Scuse me! "

"Oh!" Several lasses were pushed aside as he crashed into the four of them. Some of them bonnie, others not so much! Part of Laighean regretted his hasted. For he would have liked to know a few of them...

"Sorry! Very sorry, ladies but ah 'ave t' catch that little hairball!"

"Ruffian!"

"Scoundrel!"

"What a cutie!"

"How rude!"

Laighean ignored the women and kept running on despite the protests of the women and the even louder protests of his brother roaring behind him. Oh Draven was so cross,  he knew, but he hardly cared. Instinct told him that this cat was unusual. He couldn't explain why. He just knew!

"Fast little bugger, innit he?"  Laighean panted as he closed in on the end of the street. The cat stopped at the end of the street and turned right into a narrow alley.

"Yer not gettin' away!" Laighean bellowed and charged onward after him around the corner but...as he rounded it, he came to find that the alley was clear. The cat had vanished entirely. "Where did the infernal beast go? Here, kitteh , kitteh, kitteh! Come, out kitteh! Laighean joost wants t' 'ave a wee lil chat with ye!"

visualspice

Gods! Laighean was impossible! And to make matters worse, he and Fiona had to push their way through an angry crowd of women. By the time they made it to the other side,  Laighean had all but vanished.
Cursing beneath his breath, Draven growled and was about to turn back another way when he heard his lug head of a brother making 'cat calls.'

"Come on, Fiona!" he said, continuing to drag her away until the pair of them had Laighean trapped.
"Well, I hope your happy you found the end of an alley," Draven said, folding his arms across his chest as he finally relinquished his grip on his sister's hand. "Just what did you think you were doing anyway? You know it's not safe in this world for us."

Ivory

Fiona blinked owlishly from one brother to the other, until something at the end of the alley caught her eye.  Her expression of confusion brightened immeasurably, and she stepped forward to pull free of her eldest brother.

Cooing, she made her way past Laighean.  "There ye are!  'Ave ye bested the mouse king already?" she asked the empty wall.  She paused there, then, turning to smile brightly at both of her brothers.

"D'ye know tha' a ca' can see t'other worlds?"  It was the same question she had asked them earlier in the sewers upon first encountering the cat...

And with that, she stepped into the wall, vanishing entirely back into their own world.

Paradox

"Oh ye 'ave t' be kidding me!"  Laighean gave up on his cat search and turned around to face his brother as the man approached, patronizing him as usual. "What's gonna get me , Draven? The cat? The women..." He suddenly grinned wolfishly. "Ah'd certainly welcome the latter."

It was little wonder his brother was concerned though. It really did seem like Laighean was so reckless and treating it like a joke.

While the brothers were locked in argument , their sister found the cat and disappeared!

Laighean turned away and gasped, "Wha-? Where'd she go!?" Panicking now, Laighean rushed away , "Fi! Fi! Where are ye!? C'mon , Fi! S'not nice t' play games! " He threw his arms up in the air after a couple minutes of searching for her and then whirled around on his brother, "I'm a grown man and ah can handle meself! You need to worry about our lil sister! She's...a wee bit spacey!" He'd never call her 'touched' or 'crazy'. He loved her far too much. "Well, done! Ye've gone an' lost 'er!" He sighed angrily and went to lean back...

and fell right through the wall , seeming to simply vanish from the world!

visualspice

Draven furrowed his brow and growled silently at his brother.
"You can't blame me for this one, Laighean. If it wasn't for your reckless behav-"
And before Draven had gotten a chance to get a mouthful of arguments out on him- Laighean was gone.

For a good long while Draven stared at the wall. If Laighean disappeared here, and before that- Fiona.. and they were all following after some cat....
He continued to study the wall a moment longer, putting his hand through the wall and feeling it pull at his very reality- his flesh.

Her jerked his hand back and looked at it again-
It was still in tact. Then he looked back at the wall and waved his hand through it once more.

"Interesting.." he stated, his eyes never once leaving the unseen void. "Very... interesting.."
And with little else more to go on, he drew in a breath and steeled himself...
Before stepping in through the wall.

The things he did for his family...

Ivory

Even by the time Laighean had stepped through, the cat had vanished as suddenly as it had appeared.  Fi had also, apparently, forgotten entirely about the reason she dashed through the portal to begin with.  Instead, she had settled down in front of the portal, some distance away to watch the portal intently.

Laighean's appearance brought a happy expression to her face, as well as surprise.  "Laighean!  Ye aren't s'posed ta show yeself yet.  Ah 'aven't even finished counting ta 100!"

She rose to her feet when Draven appeared, then, and she approached the pair with a laugh.  "An' now ye're teachin' Draven bad 'abits.  Don't either of ye know 'ow to play 'ide and seek?  Ye're s'posed ta wait 'til I fin' ye!"