Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Coming out of the Closet

Started by visualspice, January 10, 2013, 11:27:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

OOC: Poor Lughead! I mean, Laighean!

It wasn't until Laighean had found himself trying to hide away in the hallway that Aella began to awaken.
A soft murmur escaped from her lips but once she realized she was dangling, she let out a gasp, then turned her head to see the man from the cell, holding her over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes!

OOC: sorry this is short but...
I can't make her react much more than this lest she alert the guards XD
and I think she's done enough damage <3
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Paradox

He felt Aella stir on his shoulder and glanced up at her,  " Good, you're awake." He whispered and set her down, " I think I might be in a wee bit of trouble. The guards know I've escaped and, well, getting out is going to be a little tricky. Do you think you could make some sort of distraction?" He was asking a lot from her, but well, she was part of the reason he was even in this mess to begin with!

He licked his lips, "Maybe you could tell them I got away. Outside and let you go. They , uh, think I'm trying to kidnap you." He grinned at her sheepishly.

visualspice

Aella gasped at their situation and his suggestion.
"So you've kidnapped me!" she said, flinching as she realized she spoke a bit too loud, and looked around, as if panicked.
"But what would you have me do? Oh, dear, I must've fainted!" she went on, running fingers nervously through her hair. She shook her head, turning to Laighean. "You!" she said after a time, and very accusatory. "YOU kissed me!" and all she could do was stare at him in shock!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Paradox

"What? No!" Laighean's hushed voice, raised slightly by an octave. He slapped his hands over his mouth and pressed his back against the pillar. Lowering his voice he insisted, " I certainly did not kidnap you!  You fainted and I didn't want to leave you there in a place where you'd probably get in a lot of trouble for being..."

Now she accused him of kissing her? He blinked , "So?" Honestly, what was the big deal about that? "It was just a peck on the cheek. My people do that all the time. It's just a gesture of gratitude or affection. I was just thanking you. Not trying to get into your skirts. " He shook his head, "Why are we even having this discussion at a time like this anyway? Just go find that walking tin can in the fancy armor and lie. Tell him I'm NOT here! Tell him you saw me leave. I was running towards...well, wherever is far from here. Maybe they'll go looking for me elsewhere and I'll be able to slip out easier. "

He'd rather not have to rely on his magic again. 

Then , he had a thought and grinned, " Or would you rather that I kidnap you and hold you hostage? It would certainly ensure my way out. "

visualspice

Aella merely stared at the man, her eyes growing as wide as saucers. Her lips even fell open as she stared.
"You're asking ME to LIE to one of my mother's knights?" her voice also hitched at the end, eyes fluttering. "I.. I don't even think I could try to lie! My mother says I'm a terrible liar! Even when I try to fib to get dessert first, she won't have none of it!"

But then at his last statement she gasped, then grew angry, hands to her hips.
"You would NEVER!" she huffed. "I just got you out of jail!"

Paradox

Laighean shrugged and smirked, " If you can't help me, then I'll help myself by whatever means necessary. I don't intend to die here. My family needs me, " He grabbed her,  " And time isn't on my side anymore so, please forgive me but taking you hostage seems like the most effective of choices, it seems. " He held her close, in front of him so anyone who spotted him would see Aella first. He concentrated, his mind reaching out and touching nature...it wasn't quite as simple casting indoors.

"Give me any trouble and I'll be forced to make you a pretty little ice statue, understand?" He whispered in her ear and then lightly pushed her ahead of him. He didn't mean it, of course. He would never do that to girl! Especially a cute one!

As they moved out into the open, some servants spotted them and gasped. One girl dropped a tray stacked with tea and gasped. "Gracious ! "

The noise attracted some guards and when they saw Aella with a man, a strange foreign man standing behind her with  one hand gleaming a bluish-white, they drew their weapons, but warily advanced. They were but ordinary men and they knew not what this mage was capable of.  "A mage!" A corpulent maid gasped and fainted right on the spot.

"Keep your distance!" Laighean cautioned them. "You will let me pass or your precious Lady Aella will become the newest addition to your decor! " He threatened, " A lovely ice statuew, perhaps? "

"Fiend! " One of the knights spat maliciously at him. "Release her this instant and face us like a man! "

"Seven to one? I hardly call that a man's fight." Laighean retorted. "This is my ticket to freedom and I'm not stupid enough to give it up until I have what I want. Now, I suggest that you back off."

The knights kept their distance, allowing him a clear path outside. And he didn't waste time leaving!

visualspice

Aella gasped. She couldn't believe this turn of events as she was forced to walk down the halls. How insulting! How infuriating and after they had gotten so far, just barely pass the guards she suddenly stopped, stomping a foot and turning around.
"NO!" she spoke, violet eyes hot with anger. "You can not use me like this any longer! I had aimed to help you! But I will play this game no longer!"s he cried out, then suddenly pushed away from him, only to trip suddenly as she fell into a side of drapes, tearing them away from the wall and exposing a secret entry way.  Aella only stared at it in wonder.. and also.. in horror!

The knights seemed to hear the lady struggle and shouted down the hall-
"Lady Aella! We're coming!"
She braced herself, head spinning with what to do!

Paradox

"This, " Laighean snatched her by the wrist and yanked her up to her feet, " isn't a game to me!" Now there was an angry edge to his tone. "This, my lady, is an act of desperation and , like it or not, you're caught up in it!" He eyed the newly revealed passageway. " Where does this lead to?"

ooc: Haha short!

visualspice

Aella gasped within his clutches. "You're hurting me!"t hen turned towards the passage with a frown. "They lead out the back," she informed him softly, wilting away as she turned her face away. "Go that way if you must, lest we never see you here again."

Paradox

He let go of her immediately, "I'm sorry I didn't mean to-" There was no more time for conversation. The knights had arrived and they were armed well. One of them had a bow and wasted no time taking shots at Laighean. The first arrow would have struck him true, right in the heart but Laighean used his magic to freeze the thing moments before it could pierce his chest. It fell harmlessly to the ground, encased in heavy ice. The second arrow, however, struck him in the shoulder and the mage spun away , stumbling toward the exit and leaving a trail of dripping blood in his wake.

"Got him now, boys! " The bowman crowed triumphantly.

Stumbling down the stairs, Laighean entered the passageway. The knights weren't far behind him!

visualspice

Panicked, many shots whirled about her head- emotions swelled through as she let out a cry the moment the poor man was shot.
He had apologized-
he had a family-
and here she was, sobbing about the sight of blood.
As the knights rushed towards him-s he suddenly blurted out the commands, "STOP!"
and the knights clunked to a mighty halt, just feet away from their prize.

Slowly, steadily, she made her way towards the passageway.
"Do not harm him!"s he commanded, and the knights all tensed, lookign to one another before one finally had to ask.
"But the villian is getting away!"

"The man was no villian!"s he called out. "Just a simple mage having stumbled into unfortunate circumstances, now if you'll please allow him the dignity to leave, he just needs to get back to his family!"
Here, she stomped her foot.
"It was I who released him from jail. Now heed my orders at once! I am the lady of this castle and you will obey me!"

It took an awfully long time, but finally the man whimpered back at her command," Y-yes, my lady." and they only spared one glance towards Laighean before disappearing back up the stairs.

Paradox

In his haste to leave, he tripped over own boot and fell tumbling down the stone steps, landing on his rear only when he reached the bottom. Disoriented , he sat there for a moment and listened for...

Wait. He heard Aella speaking now? What was she saying? Whatever it was, the guards were no longer pursuing him! Had she saved him again somehow? He was so grateful that he might have run back upstairs to kiss her again if he didn't know better!

The pain in his shoulder was difficult to ignore. The arrow would need to be removed and the would dressed, but he had nothing here to take care of such things. He'd need to continue down this narrow, dimly lit passage towards wherever it led. Before he proceeded though he looked back over his shoulder one last time as he rose to his feet. "Thank you, " he said quietly to a lady he never expected to see again.

visualspice

It would be chaos for a while, for sure. The men, now obeyed Aella's command, shrunk back and the girl stole only a glimpse at Laighean's fleeting form before turning back to her men, shoulders square, chin raised, pretending to be headstrong.

"Now, if anything, you mean should see to it that he gets out of here alive. He had meant us no harm. There was just some silly confusion over the whole ordeal."

"But Lady Aella.."

She raised her hand.

"And further more, I can inform my mother herself.  So please hold your tongues until we have spoken over this matter."

The guards were shocked at such a request and hesitated, but finally answered.
"Y-yes, my lady."

"Good, the we are at an understanding. Please, if you would, call the servants and maids to clean up this mess. If anyone sees that gentleman on the premise, please see to it he is kindly escorted out."

Paradox

It was quite dark and dank within the underground passageway. At the bottom of the steps, his path split into three directions. "Uh...Aella, a little –" He heard the stone door sliding loudly closed behind him and the light that had been filtering through from the passage's entrance was blocked out completely, leaving him in an oppressive darkness that was just dimly illuminated by a single torch. "Help...?" Laighean finished with a sigh.

Reaching with his good arm , he pulled the torch from the wall and held it up so that he could examine each path choice that lay before him. Forward, left, or right. All of these choices looked the same. Narrow, dark and creepy. "Well, it would have been nice to give me a map." He commented aloud to himself humorously. "Wouldn't it be ironic if I ended up right back where I started?" He chuckled and turned left with a shrug, " One direction's as good as another, I suppose. Hopefully, my sense of direction isn't quite as terrible as Draven's sense of humor."

Speaking of Draven, he thought as he moved forward, slowly moving through the passage that was just barely wide enough to accommodate him, he wondered if his brother would be panicking over his absence by now.  Just how long had he been away?

Moss and mold clung to the stone floor and wall, the air was heavy with damp and smelled of dust and mold. Spiderwebs were draped high along the wall and some hung low, clingy to the young mage as he passed through. An occasional rat did scamper by, crossing his path which split multiple ways, multiple times and presented him with far too many choices.  Laighean tried to keep his direction simple, but there were so many turns, so many intersections and winding passages that  , in the end, he felt as though he were lost in a maze.

All in all, the trip was extremely confusing but uneventful and when he at last found a door and decided to risk pulling it open. And as the light flood into the passage and he poked his head through the entryway, he did a double take!

Ironically, he was back to right where he started in Aella's room!

"You have got to be kidding me," He was going to be in SO much trouble! '

Ooc : We knew I couldn't resist the ridiculous.   

visualspice

The place was in disarray and it took some time for the young lady to calm down her people and after it was all said and done, she excused herself to her room.  After all, this was really FAR too much excitement for the girl for one day and as she slipped the door open, she politely thanked her maids, shaking her head before closing the door behind her and stepping out into her room- where she gave way to pause....

OOC:AAAAAAAAAAND, you can decide what she sees <3
lol

He's totally a stalker
JUS' SAYIN'

Paradox

The room was empty, but he heard noise just from beyond the door. Approcahing voices and footsteps just from beyond the hall. "Oh Guardian," he looked about for a place to hide. He started over towards the closet , but didn't make it far enough across the room when he heard the door starting to open. He dropped down on his hands and knees, then flattened his body against the floor and slipped under her bed which was, well, generously large. King or Queen sized , he assumed. It was twice as large as his bed was!

These Connloathians sure are spoiled, aren't they ?

Now the door pulled open and he heard someone walk in. He held his breath...

ooc: Yes. YES he is! :3

visualspice

Aella only knew of one thing that could calm her nerves, and it would have been her clothes she'd drop at her feet that might indicate to the man beneath her bed what was going on.

"Lady Aella, your bath waters are ready."

She nodded to her maid and stepped away from her fallen dress, walking across the room and towards the back room where she slipped behind a screen and nestled into her bath.  Some murmuring of words was heard, then the maids departed as Aella let out a sigh.

It felt good to be alone.
ANd good to finally be able to think by herself. Her head was spinning. And what was she to do!?
her mother was going to kill her! And soon enough, she found herself in a fit of sobs that echoed beautifully and soft across her room.

Paradox

At first he thought nothing much of it. He could see the familiar violet material, the dress crumpled on the floor just a few inches away from him. It wasn't until he head a maid announce that the 'Water was ready' that it clicked.

He was in a lady's room!

While she was undressed!

For a bath!

This was hardly appropriate at all!

He wasn't supposed to be here! She would kill him if she knew he was here now! The guards would kill him! Her parents would kill him!  His own family would want to probably murder him too...

By the Guardian, EVERYONE would want to see him dead!

He should have been afraid, but instead he was excited! A naked lady! Here? Might he be able to take a little peek? No, no! He wasn't that pathetic! Though he hadn't known a woman in a long time. A LONG time. The thought of NOT taking advantage of a situation like this would drive him mad!

Just one little peek. Won't hurt anyone.

However, when he heard her crying he found himself feeling guilty. Though he had no way of reading her mind, he suspected that he might have had something to do with those tears. He  lowered his eyes and felt a wave of shame wash over him.

visualspice

After a time, Aella's tears subsided and she tried brushing them away, eyes peering off in thought towards the ceiling. She frowned. Too much has happened today- and she had a feeling her once perfect life was about to change. She shivered and soon stepped out of the bath, calling for her maids as they dried her off nd draped her in towels, then she asked them to fetch her her nightgown, and she was swaddled in them and wrapped up with care.
The ivory material trimmed in last was most beautiful and striking against her body, ad fit her well.
With soft slippers on her feet, she moved back over to her bed and took a seat on it, eyes drifting off in deep thought.  She was alone now, and had, once again more time to reflect on the day's events, before kicking off her slippers and slipping into bed, but not before she turned the candles out.

Paradox

When Aella got into bed, things became slightly more cramped. Then the lights went out and he felt himself grow cold and numb again. No longer could he feel the plush of the rug beneath him.

Wonderful. Now I REALLY can't let anyone see me.

Though one question did remain. Could anyone see the phantom prince? It was probably better not to attempt to find out. And so, he waited for Aella to fall asleep. He lost track of time , but he waited little over a half of an hour before he slipped out from underneath her bed and rose to stand.

He lingered by her bedside and gazed down at her sleeping form. It was highly inappropriate for him to be viewing her in such a state of dress , but he couldn't help himself. She was quite breathtaking and that nightgown looked far better on her than a some silly poofy dress that hid away all the voluptuous curves...(ooc: I don't even know if she is but oh well!)

Behave yourself, Laighean. You're a gentleman! Shaking his head, he went over to her night table and lit a candle. The light caused him to become corporeal again so that he could lean over her and tuck her in, gently pulling the sheets up snugly over her. He found her stuffed bear and set him close by in case she had need of something to snuggle.

He set the candle down on the night table and turned to move away. He needed to leave. It would be pretty easy under the cover of night.