Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Coming out of the Closet

Started by visualspice, January 10, 2013, 11:27:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

His heart was pounding like a beating drum-

harder and faster as he moved to follow his sister into a fragment of ghosted light.  It was wild and flickering, offering a painful crack of color in a muted world by it's breath of light. And the calling felt real, almost as if there were voices in song, chanting with the beat of his heart; and cradling the adrenaline rushing through his veins.

And All Draven could think of was-
Laighean.
He was in trouble.
And he had to save him.
Sword drawn, the two spilled through the closet, slippign through close and collided with-

"Laighean!?"  Draven was surprised to see his brother, unphased, though smashed beneath the tumbling weight of both he and their sister.  Pushing himself to his feet, his face was consumed only for a brief moment with a smile, before it hardened into a narrow gaze as he turned back to Fiona.
"Fiona!?" he blinked, then turned back to Laighean, hand's to his shoulders after helping his brother to his feet.
"So you're alright then!? Fiona- she made a fuss. I was worried." he blinked and then froze, realizing Laighean was not alone as his brown eyes stared past him and to the violet eyed beauty who remained standing, staring in a white nightgown so fair.

"Laighean!" Draven's face gave way to a naughty smile and blush as she suddenly ruffled his hair. "Charming a fair lady in this other world? I should have known!" he even went so far as to laugh. "And to think, Fiona was worried for yuor life! Perhaps, really, she was worried for hers!"

And all Aella could do was stare...
and stare and stare as two new people toppled into her room.
They seemed to know Laighean and well, that made her all the more scared and confused. Then when she was brought to attention, her entire face turned red and her body froze beneath Draven's handsome stare. 

"Well, aren't you going to introduce us to your girlfriend, Laighean?" his brother jested, jabbing an elbow into his rib.

CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Paradox

"So you're alright then!? Fiona- she made a fuss. I was worried." he blinked and then froze, realizing Laighean was not alone as his brown eyes stared past him and to the violet eyed beauty who remained standing, staring in a white nightgown so fair.

Once free and aided to his feet, Laighean stared at his siblings dumbfounded. "Draven? Fiona? But how-? Fiona said..." He pushed past them and went over to Aella's closet to inspect from where his siblings had come. "It's not supposed to be in the same place..I thought...?" He entered,searched for the gate but it had vanished already. Perhaps Fiona was mistaken? Maybe this particular point WAS the a fixed point of entry. Perhaps the gate DID move but always had a predictable pattern as to where it would show up ? What a fascinating concept.

His thoughts were distracted by Draven speaking to him. Turning away from the closet, he smiled, " It's not what ye think.  I went to look for Fi in the woods, you know. The usual spots by the lake near the Guardian's Shrine and I fell right through the earth...ending up in there." He pointed to Aella's closet.

Now the rest of his tale would have to wait , but Draven needed to know that Fi was right. Laighean WAS in trouble. "Ye should learn to trust in her senses more then, Fi is ...ah...right Draven. My presence stirred up quite a bit of fuss, but that's a long story and let me just suffice it to say that the people of this particular country don't care for two things. " He looked over his shoulder at Aella, "One of those things being a strange man in a noble lady's room and the other being magic. What I'm tryin' to say is...Draven, Fi , meet Lady Aella Avelon, daughter of Duchess Melora of Hellvion. Aella,  this is my brother, Draven and my wee baby sister, Fiona."

Ivory

Fiona had scrambled to her feet with a horrified gasp directed at the man pinned beneath her and her eldest brother.  That horrified expression remained fixed, her eyes on Laighean, until he suddenly introduced them to Aella.

Her expression shifted to something more sullen, and she continued to eye Laighean for a moment before stepping up to the lady in question.  Though never one for the courts, Fi had been raised to be a lady nonetheless, and she curtsied for Aella with a pretty smile.

"Pleased to meet ye, Lady Aella.  Your room is beautiful, and your closet is..."  She turned to regard it with her head half-cocked, as if trying to think of the proper explanation.  "...Spacious."  Yes!  It could hold two Flannchadhs at the same time!

Turning back to the lady, she said, "You have Laighean all over."  It was said with a smile, as though admiring her hair.  She shot a petulant look to her brothers.  "That's what happens when you stay in one place too long.  You get all over other people!"

visualspice

When Fiona stepped forward, Aella finally stirred, gasping slightly and stepping back, almost fearful as she clutched her hands against her chest and stared in wonder as the woman curtsied before her.  Though, her choice of wording confused her as her face contorted and twisted, and she did not have the efforts within her to be able to retort to any of Laighean's claims.
And that's when Draven stepped forward, tall dark and handsome and Aella felt her entire throat closed up. 

But it wasn't his looks that had her stiff, it was the blood color lurking in the depths of his warm brown eyes as the man bowed before her.

"It is lovely to make your acquaintance, Lady Aella. Please forgive us all, for our intrusions and rudeness.  Not all Flannchadh's are as reckless as my dear younger brother, so I hope you don't judge us all based on the merits he warrants." He offered her a brief wink, before rising and turning his hawkish face towards his brother.

"Speaking of which.." his hands went to his hips, eyes narrowing on Laighean. "What SORT of trouble have you started here?" He then glanced across the room-
things HERE seemed to be in order..
His eyes then returned to Laighean, his gaze still skeptical.  "Do I need to drag you back to mother by your ear?"
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Paradox

Laighean tried not to let his jealously flare up when Draven used his charm on Aella. How easily women did swoon over his taller, darker and awesomely bearded brother. Oh how Laighean wished to have such magnetic facial hair. There wouldn't have been a woman in the world that could resist him then!

"Oh sure, ye're always ready t' lay the blame on me," Laighean retorted, his thick accent flaring up any time he became upset, " Ah'm 'ere only cos ye sent me t' look fer Fi. Were ye in me boots, ye'd end up in th' same place an' ye would 'ave frighten'd th' poor lass joost as easily. She made a fuss an' drew attention to me. Ah got meself arrested an' ah was probably goin' t' 'ang. Lady Aella 'elped me escape , but th' attempt dinnae go very well.  " Laighean shrugged, "An' ah may 'ave been a wee bit drastic wit' me plan, but 'twas nae more than a bluff. Ah'd ne'er dream of hurtin' a pretty face. "    He was looking over at Aella as he said that. It was true! He'd never intended to actually hurt her. It was just an act to keep the guards back.

He left out his incessant flirtations that bordered on crude. Draven and Fi , if they could remember, knew how bad he could be where women were concerned. Unless they'd forgotten, but really...these were unimportant details though he found himself regretting his actions. Had he restrained himself a little more, perhaps he'd have had a better chance at...
At what, exactly? Because of what he was , he could never...

He sighed, taking a moment to collect himself before he continued, " Look, just trust me. We cannot stay here , alright? I've made a lot of people angry and not on purpose! It is what it is.There's no sense in standing here and arguing about it. We need to leave. Now. "

ooc: Sudden accent irrationally appearing! SO SUE ME. Not based on mine. Poor attempt at Scottish Highland (based off reading Brian Jacques books) ...DEAL. :d Hehe. I won't be doing this THAT often though just for the sake of my sanity and the rest of the world's.

Ivory

Fi left Aealla to her own devices, moving gracefully -- almost with a ghost's grace -- to her brothers.  She stepped neatly between them with her back to the eldest, giving Laighean a tight hug whether he wanted one or not!

"You are all over her," she repeated softly.  "All over everything.  And you look so pale.  You should not have been here so long."  She released him and turned back towards the silent lady.

"I don't suppose you've seen a tear in the Veil around here, have you?  It seems that your closet is more of an exit, and the spirits of your realm are strangely silent.  Draven wants a giraffe for his birthday tomorrow, so we have to get home."

visualspice

OOC: Draven will never live down the GIRAFFFFFFFFFE

IC:
Draven listened to his brother's rant. His tongue could become increasingly more heavy with accent when he got angry- and well, Laighean was obviously angry.
"Cool your temper, brother. We are in the presence of a lady." And he winked to him after patting his shoulder lightly. "You're just in luck Fiona and I came here to save you." He turned his gaze to Aella, who still remained pale and unspoken. "Well, save you from whatever horrors this pretty little lass might have had in store for you had you stuck around just a bit longer." He nodded to her. "And again, my apologies for my brother's tongue, or if he's scared you. Or if we have."

Then he turned to Fiona who was standing at his side. He hadn't even noticed her approach and listened as she went on about his birthday and the giraffe and the grave concern for Laighean's white complexion (Which to Draven, looked more red like an apple now that he was angry) ....
and he would have commented on all of this but.. well...

Suddenly, Aella fainted, making  simple noise before dropping to the floor.

Paradox

Laighean's face turned an even darker shade of red at his sister's comment which he probably misinterpreted. "All o'er...? N-no! ah..." He hadn't done anything to her! Though the idea certainly tickled his fancy! What man wouldn't? He embraced Fi , still blushing furiously.

But she'd also added that he was all over everything and wondered if her meaning was something different..he could never tell. He nodded, "I do feel a little drained, but I figured it was from the stress."

He shot a sharp glare towards his brother , but said nothing. Lady or not, what right did Draven think he had to treat him like a fool? Had he even been listening to what he was saying? "Draven, I'm not kidding. If anyone finds us here-"

And then, Aella fainted ! Again!

"When will she stop doin' that?" He moved over to her and knelt down beside her unconscious form. He picked her up and gently deposited her on her bed, and his eyes were lingering on her for longer than was appropriate. She really was beautiful and he being a silly young man couldn't control himself!

After a moment, he cleared his throat and looked away, and he turned to face his siblings. " We'll find the other gate later. We need to go." He looked over beyond Aella's bed towards the secret passageway across from the closet, "Supposedly that will take us outside... according to Aella."

Ivory

Fi looked quite alarmed when Aella fainted, though she smiled slightly when Laighean lifted her into  bed.  He really should have married...  But, then, Draven should have as well.  The three of them were quite the pair, weren't they?

Fetching the stuffed bear from where it had fallen, Fi held it out to Laighean expectantly.  "You should put this with her.  She'll want to have a friendly face watching over her when she wakes up.  And kiss her goodnight when you tuck her in."  There was a sort of innocent self-assurance about that statement, as if Fi hadn't thought through all of the implications.

Nor, apparently, would she.  Turning her back on Laighean and the girl, she grabbed Draven's hand and dragged him over to where the secret passageway was meant to be.  Laighean should be able to say his goodbyes in peace, after all, away from the prying eyes of his siblings...  "How do you think this works?" she asked her older brother with a curious tilt of her head.

Paradox

Blinking, Laighean held the stuffed bear in his hands and stared at his sister curiously. The dark crimson color graced his cheeks once more. He assumed that Fiona's intentions were, unlike his, innocent. She had not idea what feelings stirred within him though she knew just enough to pick up on the obvious. This strange girl , this Aella of Hellvion, struck his fancy. He nodded and approached Aella's bedside.

He tucked her in gently as he had done before and set the bear down at her side. He considered leaving her just at that. It was kind of embarrassing to go kissing a strange girl with his siblings watching, but then...who cared? He hadn't been allowed to experience any of these things in a long time...and if he went back home and didn't allow himself just this....he'd probably kick himself for an eternity. 

His face lingered over hers, and he was but centimeters from her lips. He was awfully tempted , but he fought the selfish urge and planted a light, chaste kiss on her forehead and whispered something in her ear before he drew away and walked away to join his siblings. When he reached the doorway to the passage, he paused to cast a look back over his shoulder and sighed almost dramatically.

Guardian she was a cutie! Too bad it couldn't be!

visualspice

Draven folded his arms over his chest, shaking his head at his younger brother.
"Come on, Laighean. Before we catch you stealing a kiss on her lips." Though could he blame the boy? His reputation with flirting was pretty... horrendous, and since they had all been cooped up inside their dieing kingdom for gods knew how long, well, perhaps the young Lady Aella was lucky he wasn't doing more than that!

He gestured for them all to follow as he assumed the lead, pressing open the secret passage way with ease and staring at the narrow passage with a gentle whistle. "Impressive." He turned over his shoulder, taking his calculations based on what he could see outside of Aella's window, then disappeared inside, but not after informing Laighean, "Take your sister's hand." and he guided them through the labyrinth.   It was almost like second nature to him, and after twenty some odd minutes of spiraling about in near darkness, the trio found themselves to the cool air outside in the courtyard, near the stables where the smell and noises of horses was evident.

Though Draven was cautious, he gestured to the others to keep silent and low as he moved forward, pressing himself against a nearby gate.  There were a few foot soldiers at the door. He motioned to Laighean again, gesturing for him to go on the other side-
The two boys could sneak up behind both men and knock them out at once.
Then at his command, he moved forward, tapping the man on his shoulder and when he spun around- is fist met the man's face- and he went out cold.

Paradox

Draven made the catacombs seem as though it were mere child's play. Sure, Draven was the most intelligent of the three remaining Flannchadh children, but this seemed like something that shouldn't have been quite so simple and the layout of the underground hadn't been that straightforward. He had to wonder if the power he'd found had somehow enhanced his mind as well!

He held Fiona's hand until they were outside when Draven signaled him to move towards the two guards. Ne nodded, understanding what his brother intended to do and quietly approached the guard standing on the right.

And he was SO close to his goal when he stepped on a twig that had the audacity to snap so loudly under his weight! Draven's guard was down ,but his intended victim turned around and when he saw the mage he pointed his finger accusingly at him and gasped, "YO-" Laighean's fist hooked powerfully under the man's jaw.

As the guard crumpled limply to the grassy earth, Laighean rubbed his aggrieved hand. He was a bit softer than his brother and better suited for ranged combat. "You poor things," He told his knuckles, "Daddy is very sorry."

ooc: Punching the wrong way can hurt. Hehe. :D

visualspice

OOC: Draven = a cheater XD
And now for some horse whispering skills!
IC:

Draven just gave Laighean a stare. Really, could he not be careful where he stepped? No matter, the guards were down and as Draven access the area, he gestured towards Laighean.
"Take Fiona's hand. We need to procure some horses. Let me check it out. Stay here and wait for my signal." Then he moved away, disappearing into the stables on the far left side of the area.  There was only one watchman on duty.

Draven moved forward steadily and silenced the man (and the guard would wake up with a head ache when he did), and then Draven peeked back out from the stable and gestured for the others to come.

"It seems we'll have a pick of the litter.  Fiona, you can ride with me, Laighean, well," his brother smiled playfully. "Had it been more appropriate, you could have had Lady Aella ride with you." and he slipped himself up and onto a black mare before offering a hand down towards Fiona to help her onto his horse. "Come on, Fi. Let's make quick work and be rid of this place."

Ivory

Fiona allowed herself to be led through the maze of tunnels, remarkably quiet, for once.  She glanced away when her brothers attacked the guards -- violence had never been something she was fond of -- then meekly let Draven lift her onto the back of his horse.

Once in the saddle, however, she smiled and leaned forward to pat the horse's neck.  He was a beauty -- and it had been a long time since she'd seen -- much less ridden! -- a horse.

"Where are we going to go?" she asked, her attention still on the horse though her question, obviously, was directed at her brothers.  "It will be night soon.  And Laighean shouldn't stay here much longer."

visualspice

Draven nodded.
"ANd we need your shoulder to be looked at. That wound looks pretty nasty." He held his sister close and gave his horse a light kick. "Let's be off then. We need to get somewhere safer while looking for another hole in the veil. If we return home.." he frowned, not entirely liking the idea to go back but... well, in the veil- they really couldn't full die...

or so it seemed...

"Perhaps something can be done."

For now, keep your eyes peeled. We could stop at a nearby village. Seek out a doctor for that wound." He kept his eyes to Laighean, then the road, before asking his sister, "Unless.. Fiona, do you happen to see the way back home?"

Paradox

The mention of Aella brought Laighean's mood to something sour. Was it really necessary to rub salt into his wounds? He shot his brother a dark glare, but then shook his head and sighed. Part of him wished that his siblings hadn't found him so soon. He would have liked to flirt with Aella longer. And his thoughts were still on the girl even when he mounted the horse. He didn't even hear his siblings speaking as they rode away, was hardly paying any attention at all...

He couldn't get the girl out of his head. It was always this bad anytime he met one. Especially a cute one. And all he could imagine was the way that nightgown left very little to his naughty imagination and how he would have certainly kissed those lucious lips if his siblings hadn't been there. He'd have gladly let the Duchess hang him if he could tap that fine ....

Oh...his head...he felt kinda woozy. Laighean teetered in the saddle and fell off his horse, dropping into the muddy cobbles with a heavy thud. Then , he blacked out!

ooc : lol....he's such a pain. :3

visualspice

Draven's eyes went wide when he heard the horse beside his give a start, and he turned to watch in horror as his brother's eyes rolled back and his body shifted, wilted and dropped off the saddle.
"Laighean!" he halted the beast, slipping from the saddle quickly and was at his brother's side quicker than lighting.
"Laighean!" and he cradled him, shaking him lightly, heart racing within his chest as his eyes went to his wound. "Guardian, please dont' let us be late."
Returning to the horse, he scooped up his brother, draping him across his lap before giving the horse a heavy kick, it's hooves tearing across the ground.

To Draven, it felt like ages before they got to the town, but as they did he shouted out, asking for a doctor. A few townsmen pointed the way, and with a gracious, hurried thanks, the horse tore across the ground, galloping them to the other side to a quaint, wood and brick building. The symbol of a doctor was shown across the front, and Draven was quick to tether the horse.
"Fiona, help me," he instructed as the pair brought Laighean inside- completely startling the doctor within.

He was an old man, with a crick in his neck, a hunch to his stance, and a bald head with wisps of white gnarling at the ends in tufts, just above his large ears.  Age spots dotted his flesh, and wrinkles sagged them, and his beard was thinning and gristled as he blinked his blue-grey eyes at the bare, exposing a relative few remaining teeth he had.

"Landsakes! WHat's going on?" and his eyes went wide as Draven placed Laighean on a nearby bed. "I say! This man has been wounded."

"An arrow wound," Draven informed. "Can you help him?" he asked, eyes tearing away from hsi brother as he knelt at his side. "We haven't the coin, but we can pay you back in any means you ask."

The doctor gave a wave of his old, large hand and moved forward.
"Now, now, payment later Let me inspect the boy."
Working to remove Laighean's shirt, it was discarded and the wound examined.  The old man rubbed his chin.
"He's lost a lot of blood."

Draven grew anxious. "What can be done? What can we do?" His eyes flickered to Fiona briefly, then back to the old man.

"Let me place some cotton tot he wound, some salve and pressure. Got to stop the bleeding before he runs dry. Then... well.."t he old man shrugged. "Then we pray."

Ivory

Fi was silent until they had reached the doctor's office.  Even then, she simply stared at a painting that had been hung near the door, as though she could climb inside it and disappear.

And it was such a pretty painting, too, of a pair of young girls having what seemed to be a picnic in the forest...a forest that was still lush and green and alive...

Turning away from it, she said softly, "Ye can't stop it.  He's unraveling too fast."  Her eyes followed a ribbon of lifeforce up from her brother, watching as it drifted away.  A whole minute drifted by, and she didn't seem to notice at all; she simply resumed her conversation where she had left off.  "Draven, we need to take him home."

The doctor, of course, would have no idea what she was talking about...

visualspice

Draven furrowed his brow in worry at his sister's claims.

"If it were that simple, Fiona, we would have already tried to make our way home," he tried not to sound impatient, or upset, but he was.  Turning back to the doctor, he watched him finish binding up Laighean with some clothe.
"Do you have any medicine to subdue the pain? Any sort of herb supplements?"

The doctor frowned, but nodded.
"Yes, we have a few. Let me grab what is more potent. Perhaps it'll keep his body relaxed so he won't lose much more blood."  Moving aside, the doctor returned with a clear liquid vial, and moved to force Laighean to drink some.

"He is a bit feverish, too. I dare say it's hard to tell if he'll pull through, though I've seen men in worse condition bounce back." He tried to smile for them. "So don't wear those frowns yet. THere is always hope."

Ivory

Fiona frowned in response to Draven's words like a scolded child.  She sighed quietly and twisted back around to stare at the painting.

He wasn't listening to her.  If Laighean didn't get home, he wouldn't recover at all.  There was nothing but death to draw from here...and she had tried to warn them.  The doorways were a danger she couldn't vocalize...

"Draven," she said quietly, "I'm going to go find the doorway home."