Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Diamonds and Dragons (M)

Started by Lion, February 19, 2013, 03:09:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lion

Doryx moved down the hall toward her tower, but was quite surprised when he didn't find her there.  Perhaps she retired to her bedchamber, it was a more suitable place after all if she was truly down with something.  But with the way she'd excused herself...  She would have shown more apparent signs if it was truly an illness over ill-chosen words.

He made his way to her to slowly and paused as he heard words coming fervently from the other side of the door.  He listened intently and was quiet for a man of his size, shifting to the side, leaning against the wall, listening for at least the last half of the conversation between his wife and Ann.  He knew better than to eavesdrop, and a childish shame came to his cheeks, that flushed them for doing so.

But he waited for a few moments before knocking on the door.  "Devaniée," he called quietly.  "I've come to see how you're faring."  He slowly opened the door.

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Devaniée paled.  Dread consumed her the moment the door opened. No! Her husband was here! No, no, no, no! She hadn't time to compose herself- as then doubt washed over her-
Did he hear her? and if so.. what?

And upon entering the room she found herself frozen beneath his gaze, sweat collecting across her brow and her body going stiff.
Her mind numbed and failed to work and when she tried to will herself to faint, it just would not come- so she simply stood there, gaping looking like a fool before gasping and reaching for her robes ad clothing herself more modest before him.

"Oh, Doryx! Darling, I.."
But she broke off there, tears coming to her eyes.
"I was just going to go to bed. I feel so dreadful!"

And definitely.. definitely awkward...
and horrible, and wretched..
Why did he have to show up now!? She wasn't even done exhausting herself, her vents on Anna nd now she would fester over the unsatisfaction that now broiled within and found herself unable to cling to her masks...
OH! Where were they!? Where was herself!? Where did her strength go!?
At least she would look ill for the part, if not.. pathetic, anyway...
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

She really did look pathetic, and in quiet a state.  Maybe she was sick...or maybe had done something to make her sick.  Whatever the case was, Doryx looked concerned, face sympathetic, tired even but he entered the room despite her flustering.  He looked over to Ann and gave her a nod.  "Would you mind leaving us for a moment please?" he asked nicely, moving over, standing beside Devaniée as she looked stiffened and wretched.

The woman gave her mistress a glance first before calmly bowing and saying, "As you say, My Lord," and took her leave, closing the door behind her as she went.  Doryx watched her as she went and waited by the door for a moment, listening for her departing footsteps before turning on his heel back to his wife.

"I'm sorry you feel terrible, dear," Doryx said, moving to sit beside her.  "Let me feel your forehead.  I'll make you a concoction for you to take.  Where does it hurt?"  Let's see if she was really sick after all.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

She couldn't believe this. She was going to be alone with him, and with her guard down, her anger at it's peak, her facade- strained and breaking-

What was she going to do?
She watched helplessly as Ann left, nodding to her meekly before thinking quickly over what to do, and decided merely to play off of her own feelings and lie with another.
Turning to Doryx, she winced, flinching back when he came near and clutched at her stomach.
"No, it's.. I feel so hot and dizzy and and.. my stomach is in knots."
It was all true, all of it- but she didn't need to tell him why. Maybe he would simply take pity on her and see she really did need rest and leave her alone- but a part of her didn't want that. A part of her wanted him to stay- if not, so she could at least have someone comfort her-
even if it was the man she was so angry with.

She was growing that desperate as her heart lurched inside her chest.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

Doryx peered at her with a raised brow, turning to look at her better as she sat on the bed.  "Really?  I know just the thing for hot and dizzy and stomach in knots.  Let's see...I'll need a bit of witch's wart, some slime-slug, two molded mushrooms, a slice of that wretched cheese the cook insists on keeping in the pantry, a bit of water, a dose of whiskey, and the eye of a roach.  Just boil that in a vat and I'll bring it right up to you.  You'll feel better right quick...if you can brave the stench and down it in one shot.  Is that all right with you?" he asked, looking at her as if he knew her trick...but just in case it was worthy to see her reaction.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

OOC: lol- Devaniée, you're doing it wrong! XD

IC:
Devaniée blinked. She leaned back suddenly. Oh! How could he joke with her at a time like this!?
"Joking over my condition is not in good taste, Doryx!" she retorted with a pout, almost crying because, because she wash having trouble keeping her mask on. Oh! Why did he have to be so.. so...
"Really, all I'll need is rest." she persisted through her teeth.
Really.. seriously.. Doryx, just go away!
She only wanted Ann bck so she could finish venting- she couldn't even get all of her hot words out before she was interrupted! She felt so unsatisfied and so mad, it was almost unbearable.

Lion

"I wasn't joking, dear, but if you believe so, then who am i to trample your convictions," Doryx shrugged with a grin.  He looked at her with dark eyes and shook his head.  "Why can't I make you something to help you feel better?  I don't know about you, but I remember my vows - in sickness, and in health.  So here in your sickness, I'm at your side to help you feel better.  Unless....you lied to me, hm?"

Doryx raised an inquisitive brow at her and leaned over her, eyes turning hard on her.  "Devaniée, you know, there are many things that can make you sick.  Bad food, bad company, bad drinks, ill-advised contact with infected flora or fauna...  But I hardly think any of those things has to do with you, does it?  Perhaps it's something crawling in your mind....  Some kind of dance perhaps?"  Doryx gave her a hard look, as if the jig was up and she couldn't get out of it no matter how she tried.  "Why do you insist on lying to me?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Devaniée kept feeling herself growing angrier and angrier as he spoke. Why did he have to feel he was so smart? All of those dashing good looks and brains and he's only calling her out now about her lies!?

"W-what?" she found herself appalled by his claims, her lips twitching a wretched grin. "Why would you think I am lying to you, Doryx?  Especially over something we've already discussed!" She did not like that accusing, know it all, hard expression on his face. OH! How she wished she could throw wine at him- that cad!

Lion

"Don't try to play coy with me, woman!" Doryx said, feeling himself flare up.  "Don't try to pretend like you don't know what I'm talking about either.  Besides, if you spoke any louder the whole city would have known!  Yes, Devaniée, I heard what you were saying to Ann.  I heard all I needed to hear."

Doryx glared at her, angry that she felt the need to lie to him, to skirt around things that clearly were the opposite of what she said.  Was this how it was going to be with everything now?  Was this how it always was!?

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

OOC: Because I am listening to it - Wide Awake

-----

Devaniée's eyes went wide, her heart in her throat her entire body ceased up.  He knew! He had heard her! And all she could think of was how horrible she felt, how naked, how exposed, how cold.  His anger had never been directed at her, ever. ANd it terrified her.
Would he hate her!? Would he cast her away!? Send her out since she failed at everything it was to be his wife? She wasn't any good at it, wasn't any good for him, and she began to feel herself tremble, eyes blurring with hot tears as she let out a shout, her mask shattering away as her own rage consumed her.

"Then it shouldn't be a surprise then!" she shrieked, rising suddenly from her bed and backing away from him, a hand clenched before her, shaking.  "You were always so smart, but you have to listen in to my private conversation to realize your wife is upset!" Tears swelled inside her eyes, sobs choking her as she continued to back away, fearful of him and angry, feral like an animal caught within a trap. "Of course I want to go dancing, Doryx!"S he spat, unable to stop herself from screaming.  "We met on the dance floor, yet here you detest it. So do you detest me!? Detest me for wanting to go!? You couldn't be bothered! You're busy! You're always too busy for anything but me!"

and that's when she realized what she said and gasped, hands going over her mouth as she stared at him, completely and utterly mortified.
She broke-
and he was there to bare witness to her having her break down as she shrunk away from him, finding her eyes going hot and blurring her vision, blinding her with tears.

Lion

If only she could see that it wasn't the case at all!  But if only he could see the real truth behind her mask.  Doryx hadn't a moment to retort before all her screeching just about woke up the entire city.  And he didn't have a moment to breath before the torrent was let loose, almost whiplashing him in the face.  He blinked at her as if she'd said what she'd really said was really just a dream.

He blinked at her for a good long moment.  And never did he think he would be so angry with her, more livid in all their life together.  Doryx approached her, slowly.  "You want time for you?  You want TIME FOR YOU!?  FINE I'LL GIVE YOU TIME!"  He rushed at her and grabbed her face between his large, slender hands, and held it so that he might be able to crush it between them.

"You come here trying to tell me that I detest you, that I hate you, that I want to make you unhappy?!  I've been running this house long before you came along!  But you're here now, and I'll certainly make time for you!"  He was practically breathing fire and smashed his lips to hers in rage, that melted away into passion.  Hunger and anger all in one.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Devaniée flinched at his words, but faced them, never once looking away as the hot tears continued to fall. She could barely see him when he approached, could barely hear his angered words, and felt herself wince, a whimper escape her lips when his powerful hands came to her cheeks and her lashes fluttered, tears falling as she waited, stomach dropping- breath holding, waiting for him to kill.
But then he spoke again, and she found herself gasping through a series of sobs, gritting her teeth as she continued to cry as he spoke-
then as she went to gasp for more air her breath was taken from her as his lips crashed hungrily against her.

She was so shocked that she froze up, the fear danced within her lungs, her lips pulling away so she could breath as she gripped at his face, pulling him closer, hungrily, angrily but kissed him just the same.

She was so angry with him, so afraid, but all she could do was kiss him. She needed him and she didn't want to let go.

Lion

He should have killed her, but the people frowned upon High Lord that disposed of their spouses in such a manner.  How would he have explained it?  And certainly political opponents would have just as easily used it as an excuse to mark him as unfit to rule.  So, instead of killing her as he would have liked to do, Doryx simply kissed her.

She surprised him by her own need and when her lips came crashing to his, he met her fire for fire, sweeping her up into his embrace, kissing her with increasing pressure.  He moaned behind it, she stole his breath away, just about literally until he pulled away.  "Devaniée," he breathed.  "Do you really want to go to this dance?"  He still held her fierce, tempted to smash his lips to hers once more.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Devaniée only stared at him, her world feeling as if it were hanging around her in tiny, muted bubbles and the only thought was drumming madness inside her head, beating, thumping furious, like her heart. Her eyes wavered as she held onto him, clutching him, knowing if she didn't, she'd fall to the floor, her body possessing no more strength to keep her.  She felt her barriers collapsing, her world on fire, her lips trembling for his.

And all she could do was answer him truthfully.

"Yes."
And her eyes bore into him, hungry and lustful, hazy and weak.

Lion

It seemed like an eternity before she would answer him.  And all the while time roared in his ears, curdling over and over like the crushing sea, bashing and thrashing over the deadly rocks by the boiling sea.  Doryx smiled when she finally did answer him, but it was short-lived, as he mouth came crashing to hers yet again.  He slowed his lips however, devouring her slowly and sensually almost as if he needed to taste every bit of her for the first time over again.

When he pulled away he smiled again, like a devil in silk.  "Very well," he answered softly.  "We'll go.  It'll take a few days to get things ready, but we'll go!  We'll go and we'll have a good time."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"I.." Devaniée began, her mind dizzy from his spell. Her entire body felt heated, face flushed, but so was the rest of her body.  At his words, his easy acceptance to it, she trembled, fingers finding their way onto his cheek, staring at him, studying his face in wonder.
Was it really that easy? He would just let them go- after all she had said!?
She felt guilt twist within her belly, and more tears bubbling into her soft lilac eyes.
"B-but, Doric," she pressed, taking his hand suddenly, fingers curling tightly around his as she peered up into his eyes. "But.. don't you hate me for it? Won't you have a miserable time?" And as much as she was jumping inside, feeling triumphant, even the mask she wore to make herself seem like the woman all about her husband, she couldn't help but feel guilty. Really, he would be miserable! But oh! To go dancing! She could only pray he was not toying with her.
"And I do not deserve it. Not after all I've said." She felt the heat rush to her ears as she peered shamefully away.  After all, she had meant what she said-

and she still hated him-
but still...
She loved him all the same.
Why did he have to be so handsome!? Why did he have to be so damn clever? Lead such an interesting life while she stayed at home as some caged trophy!?

Lion

"I would be lying if I said, what you told me didn't make me angry," Doryx admitted with a slumped head.  But he smiled despite himself and gave a sigh that followed it.  "I had half a mind to turn you into a frog and keep you in a jar on my desk for the better part of a year and a half until you learned better than to keep things from me.  Vaniee...I love you, you're my wife, I want to make you happy and there was something in the way you kept looking at me like you were fantasizing abour raking forks across my face during dinner that made me a little suspicious."

Doryx held her tighter and kissed her forehead.  "I might have a terrible time.  I never liked parties, I never liked balls, soirees...not even during my own birthday, but for you, I suppose we all have to learn to make exceptions now and again.  I'll suffer, for your sake, because I only dread that you might hold a pillow over my face while I'm trying to sleep.  And I have a feeling you would!"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Devaniée only stared at him, going white as a ghost. How did he!? How did he know about the fork!?

And she almost missed the last few things he said before she pulled back from him, giving an angry huff. "That's not fair!"s he said with a stomp of her foot.  "You just can't- can't-" 

but what could she say? She just got everything she wanted and her husband pinned the tail on the nose.

Lion

[XD He didn't really know, he only took a wild guess, but it was close enough!]

"Can't?  Can't what, darling?" Doryx asked, visibly confused as he stepped in again and squeezed his arm around her waist and brought the hand she'd slipped into his own up to his lips, kissing it softly.  He amired how flustered she could get and grinned at her.

"Now, that that matter is settled, do you remember where we were?  It was something about your soft lips, and mine and they were discussing something quite personal," Doryx said, raising his brows and turning his eyes back and forth as if listening for others that might be eavesdropping.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

OOC: YES.. BUT HIS WRITER KNEW. HIS WRITER KNEW!
Now time to put my own rage in this post 8D

IC:

Devaniée tensed and felt the heat rise to her cheeks again when he kissed her hand.
Damn him for being so charming! DAMN HIIIIIIIIIM!!
But she supposed that's why she sought him out in the crowd. That's why she hunted him down, singled him out and charmed him endlessly until he was hers.  He was so handsome. He had so many stories..
and damn was he good at kissing. So good that recalling how good made her..
She was certain she must have looked like a lobster.

Why was he so charming? She felt like putty and in no way wanted to resist any of his advances.  And oh, those words!

"Doryx, you're horrible!" she tried to reprimand but couldn't help but smile.
DAMN HIM! Damn him and his sexiness and and..
she suddenly felt very vulnerable. They had never argued. Like ever.
EVER.
SHe had made sure of it and now, this little spat... this little..
She lifted her eyes to his, not moving, only looking at him.
"Yes.. I.. I think we were," she lamely murmured.

It kind of felt nice to feel defeated, but if only because it lead to a moment like this. And she smiled. really smiled and turned her face bashfully away.

Well, she wasn't going to give her lips up that easily.