Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Diamonds and Dragons (M)

Started by Lion, February 19, 2013, 03:09:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lion

"Perhps it would be more prudent if I helped you, Lady Acaulian?" Stephanie called back to her.  Doryx was too busy laughing when he peered back at her and gestured her to do so.

"Please," he said.  "By all means.  We're late as ever regardless.  What's a few more minutes.  And it might be quicker with your help."

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Once Lady Acaulian was dressed, the group finally made it's way out of the hotel, and Melissa Stephanie was quite surprised when they had to make a pit stop at the tailor's and while she was waiting for DevaniƩe to get fitted, she gave Doryx a questioning gaze.

"Do I want to know what happened to her dress?"
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

[XD Who the heck is Melissa and what is she doing in Serendipity?]

Doryx just gave a laugh and let his eyes smile as they got his wife fitted for a new gown.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

OOC: LOOOL
oops I meant STEPHANIE, oi. Seems like I tried to drag in Melissa (the dress maker npc) from the Urich/Victoria thread 8D whooops

----------

It took nearly an hour to find the right style, but a soft, egg-shell satin lilac dress caught her eye. It brought out the colors of her eyes, and in certain lights appeared to transform colors between lilac and pink. Though as she was trying it on, another,  dress caught her eyes. One in a soft sea foam green with accented pearls and small diamonds embroidered down the front and was interwoven throughout the skirts. It seemed the perfect dress for a sea-side dance. THough she wasn't entirely sure it was her color.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

"The white one darling. It accents your hair without detracting from anything else," Doryz said thoughtfully. While the green dress was  lovely, perhaps this wasn't the right occasion for such a statement.  It seemed more busy than it had any right to be.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

OOC: lol, I didn't mention a white one but I'm sure she would have tried one on XD
and ladies of that time period were trying to be flashy if they were wealthy enough to flaunt it, they would x3

-------------

Turning around in her dress, she frowned over at her husband.
"You'd think I'd look good enough in a burlap sack," she commented, her frown deepening. Then she sighed and looked into the mirror.
"We're coming all the way from Darken Vei; and I'm to represent you and your land. I can not simply appear in such a simple dress."

Lion

[Obviously.  And I know she didn't try on a white dress.  In a man's eyes, egg shell white is just white, which is what I was getting at |8]

Doryx smirked at her and stood behind her, putting his hands on her hips. "Yes, but a burlap sack wouldn't do you any justice.  If you really want to impress, why don't you wear the colors of House Acaulian."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

DevaniƩe visibly pouted.
"But those colors are dreadful." and her frown deepened. "And that would certainly be too over the top. It's not like we're in direct line with the Queen, so I'd hate for us to appear over prideful." she sighed. "What else does this shop have to offer?" and she moved away to rummage through the other half of the sea of dresses on display.

Lion

Doryx sighed.  "It won't be if we pick the right shades and at this point we'll never find the right dress.  What exact message are you trying to send, darling?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

She sighed.
"The colors that look decent on me are the soft, pale colors- like spring." She gave a sniff, casting her husband a soured look before pressing onward. "Darken Vei's colors are bold and proud. I do not look well in reds and silvers." Then she gave another sniff. "And indigo might be pushing  my luck." And age. She felt darker colors brought out any forming wrinkles on her face and for now,s he wanted to appear as dainty and lovely as a flower.

"What about this?" she said, pulling out a soft, pale yellow dress with a layer of white lace and pearls." OR do you think that's too much yellow against my hair? Or how about this?" she picked up a soft, pale pink dress with a multi-layered skirt heavily embroidered in gold.

Lion

"If you want to recapture your youth and dress like a bridesmaid, then choose the pink one.  What about this lovely ivory number over there, the one with the gold trim?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"White would be lovely, but I'd be afraid I'd soil it well before we'd arrive in Summervale," she replied with a sigh. Stephanie gave Doryx a look, but remained quiet, but it was evident what she was thinking, and time was ticking away. They would be incredibly late for the ball by the way things were going.

Lion

Doryx rolled his eyes.  "In case you've forgotten, we're already in Summervale!" he said with a light chuckle.  "I'm sure you'll look lovely with whatever you choose.  Now listen here, you pick a dress, one dress, and put it on.  I shall not watch and when you come out of that room, that is the dress you pick.  And I promise you'll be the most stunning high lady there."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"I know we're in Summervale," she said with a huff. "But I meant it's capital." ANd she turned away, pink cheeked at his 'compliment' but it seemed, as usual, he was going to be no help. So she ignored his claim about 'selecting' one and went back through the sea of dresses. When she returned, she now dawned a white dress, with both silver and gold embroidered detail, with just a faint shimmer of diamonds encrusted at the boarders against her chest, and on the bottom of her dress where it swept around her legs in a feathered, 'mermaid' style. White gloves to match came with it as the seamstress helped laced her up in the back, and Stephanie Gray was helping DevaniƩe fastened on her earrings and a necklace to match. A pair of white dress shoes from her own collection was being used, but the seamstress had talked Lady Acaulian into purchasing two decorative clasps to match. Both were in silver, crafted into a small flowered designed that pinned directly onto her shoes. A few diamonds embedded made it sparkle, and it was accented in gold, with a few gold beads to act as buds on the flowers.

With just a hint of more rouge, Lady Acaulian was finished, and the last touch was a small hair clip in the same fashioned as her shoes, though added to it was a few trailing pearls and gold and silver beads that fell lightly against her hair. She turned around, the light catching the details in her dress that made her sparkle as she stared over quietly, and with her chin held high towards her husband. Gold powder accented both her lips and eyes, and her lashes were painted long in black. They stuck out stunningly, her eyes having a doe like quality as her golden lips gave way to a soft pout as she asked, "How do I look?"

She raised her arm, a like, sheer white shawl, that was cuffed around her arms, came up with it as she adjusted a few curls away from her face. With all the work she put into finding a dress he finally liked, she was hoping her husband would give her some sort of feedback aside from his grumblings and urgent rushings from earlier. It had taken her nearly an hour to finally get a dress, and they'd be well over an hour late for the ball.
Thankfully, Summervale knew how to throw a ball, so it would last well into the morning...
Or so she assumed.

Lion

Honestly, Doryx had fallen asleep while he was waiting for Devaniee to appear.  He didn't complain to anyone, didn't utter a word and was barely even snoring when at last his wife emerged from the sea of taffeta and silk and satin.  He was kicked in the leg by one of the seamstress' assistants (the girl smiled graciously and apologized by bowing her head).  He finally looked up to see a figure before him clad completely in serene white, silver, and gold.  He just peered her over and stood up.

He said nothing for a good long minute, and he could feel each second slip by as he whirled around her, circling her like a wild mountain cat stalking his prey.  He finally stood in front of her and gave an approving smile.  "Now you look like a High Lord's wife.  And it's honor to carry you on my arm," he said with a bow and offered her his elbow.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

DevaniƩe elbowed him in the gut before accepting his arm in one smooth motion and stepping up against his side. Her lilac eyes peered up into his.
"I think it's about time we get to the ball, Lord Acaulian. Lead the way."

Lion

He growled at her and scowled when at last she took his arm.  Did everything have to be such an insult to her?  He rubbed his side when at last they could be on their way.  Still he met her gaze with a smile and roll of his eyes and finally led her back outside the store and too the carriage with Stephanie Gray in their wake.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

How long would it take for them to get to the ball? Would the travel be safe and easy?
Sadly, it was, and all the while DevaniƩe remained nervous, twirling her hair and wiping off the sweat collecting on her hands. As the scents and sounds of the ocean came into view, she held her breath in anticipation.
It was show time- finally a ball for the Acaulian's to show face and attend.

OOC: This thread has ended and is continued here, in the thread labeled: Dancing and Dragons