Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Master and Servant [Zane]

Started by Scythe-Nova, February 22, 2013, 05:08:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scythe-Nova

In La'marri there lived a famous artisan Agatha Mirran was her name and her craft were Golems of all kinds of shapes and sizes, it was a ancient and unusual craft thus the money in the craft was good and such Agatha lived in a big mansion where she practiced her craft. The mansion were big and mostly made of stone both dark and light stone in a mix that almost gave a homey feeling, it was unusual but Agatha made golems at request for good coin and mostly it was okay to just drop in and order up a golem to be made.

The large front door were made of solid stone and were decorated with half a gargoyle like statue on each of the two doors and their arms crossed eachother thus sealing the door there were also two large clappers on the doors made of metal. It was a fine evening and the sun still hanged over the horizon but it would be dark in a few hours.

Zane

Marth waved his good arm in a dismissive manner for what was probably the sixth time that day. "Johan, please, I'm fine."

"But sir your arm-"

"Is doing just fine in its sling. You needn't worry about me." Every day since they fought that chimera, Johan had been more or less nannying him. It was getting to be a bit of an annoyance.

"But sir," Johan protested, "it was my fau-"

"No Johan, it was the Chimera's fault, and partly my own, the fact that we killed that beast with little more the a broken arm is a good thing. Bones can be mended, lives cannot." Marth said that knowing that Johan had no sound argument to rebuttal the statement.

What had happened was just another day, a village contracted them to kill a troll, but when they got to the troll, a chimera had already killed, instead of keeping their distance, they attacked it. Johan taking the main offensive and Marth preparing to kill it with magic. But the chimera tossed Johan aside like a doll then charged at Marth. It clamped down on his right arm and shook him like a rag doll, breaking his arm in several places. In the end they killed the chimera, found its den and looted it. They didn't have much use for gold, many times the just redistributed it to the village in hopes that they would have a place to stay if they were ever passing back though. But there was a lot of gold in that den. And Marth got had an idea of what to do with it. Currently, the gold was amassed into a brick that was hidden in his sling. It weighed about thirty pounds.

"Well Johan, I think we have been standing here long enough." He brought his hand up to the massive knocker to the door to Agatha Mirran's mansion, knocking once, twice, and a third times.

Scythe-Nova

As the third knock sounded through the door the Gargoyles opened their eyes and looked at the two men in front of the door and narrowed their eyes before their arms let go of eachother and they closed their eyes and then the door creaked loudly as it opened slowly. Behind the door stood a very tall woman in an elegant dress that looked like it was made of frosted glass who looked down on the two men. her eyes were like two large black opals and her skin were like polished Marble, Her body was shaped much like a normal human female except it had no real facial features except the bridge of the nose and her eyes. The golems hair looked like thin strings of silk but behaved just as normal hair did. she stood still for a moment before she gave a simple but very courtly bow.

-"Dost thou seek the misstress?"

It asked as it took a step to the side to allow the two men to enter the mansion, it's voice were very clear and soft given it appearance. The inside of the mansion was elegant and rich in colours, but there were no paintings like one would see in a mansion like this one only statues that stood spread out in diffrent artistic positions.

Zane

Marth returned the bow to the golem, "Aye, I had requested the creation of a golem and was told to come today." In truth, Marth had only ever seen a golem once in the past, be he had heard plenty of stories, if this golem artist was half as good as everyone, it would be worth every ounce of gold. But the sight of the door maiden was promising. Even if he did not have enough, he would part with the gold brick. Art on this level was something that must be upheld, which was not free.

Johan really had no idea what was going on, he was always content to let Marth take the lead. The two became monster hunters nearly ten years prior when they were united by tragedy, a giant attacked their caravan, killing almost everyone. Johan at the time was a soldier in training and Marth was just an average Mage. Johan got a bit of nostalgia just thinking of how far they had come.

Scythe-Nova

-"Then i will call mine misstress, make thineself comfortable while thou wait"

The Golem said as it gave another bow and gestured towards some sofa's around a large stone table that wore in the middle of the room, The golem then made its way towards one of the large wooden doors at the far end of the room. Despite the golem being quite large it's footsteps did not make even the slightest noise. But as the golem were about to open the door it was flung open making the golem stumble backwards to regain it's balance and when it did one could hear something made of stone crack, The one who had opened the door was Agatha herself and she looked happy as she had opened the door but as she heard the cracking sound she hurried over to the golem.

-"Oh Crap! did the floor tile break?"

She said as she grabbed the hem of the dress the golem had and lifted it to reveal that the golem's legs were like two large spikes one that had pierced the floor tile beneath her. The golem looked down at it's master and grabbed hold of the hem of her dress and trying to obscure her legs from the two men in the room allmost as if it were embarassed.

Golem:"Misstress please not in front of our guests..."

Agatha:"Huh? Oh! Sorry Opal"

Agatha let the golem's dress go and looked towards the two men, Agatha had short Brown blonde hair and a slightly masculine face she had a pair of small glasses resting on the bridge of her nose, She were clothed in thick leather overalls and she wore large gloves which were covered in intricate designs and arcane runes of unknown origin. A large leather belt held up her pants and many tools hanged from the belt together with some pouches with unknown contents. Agatha smiled wide at her two guest as she walked over to them waving with one of her hands the other stuck down one of her pockets.

-"Well hello there friends, i guess you're here about a request eh?"

She said as she came closer to the two and held out her hand to shake their hands, Agatha had many requests to keep in mind so it was not unusual for her to forget who her clients were.

Zane

Marth and Johan found extreme interest in the room around them when they realized that the golem was embarrassed, Marth took the artisan's hand when she offered it, the Johan after him. "Hello, My name is Marth Flarehart and this is my friend Johan Rise, I sent a letter about a month ago asking for the creation of a golem, the only criteria being 'Something Unique' and I got a letter a week ago saying to come today. I trust this is your seal?" he pulled a red wax seal from his pocket and held it out to the woman.

He was just trying to be proper about this, it was very seldom that they were ever in mansions, less they were hired by a noble, which wasn't often at all. Johan was content to let Marth do the talking, during his training as a soldier he was taught to act, so social interaction was not his strong suit, but his did manage a to say "it's a pleasure to meet you ma'am" when he shook her hand.

Scythe-Nova

-"A pleasure ta meet yah. Yeah that'd be my seal.."

She replied as she shook their hands and gave them a warm friendly smile, Opal the golem had removed her leg from the floor and moved up besides her misstress and looked at the two men calmly.

-"Hmmmm let's see here now.. Oh yeah rigt that one!"

Agatha said after looking like she tried to remember something and when she did she looked very happy as she turned to Opal and looked up at her with a smile.

-"Opal would you go and get the golem that's on table 5?"

-"Of course misstress.."

Opal gave a respectful bow before moving away towards a door and dissapearing from wiew as it moved through the doors gracefully.

-"I'm actually kinda happy about the results of this golem you ordered."

Agatha said as she turned towards Marth with a wide smile and a proud expression.

Zane

"Most artists judge themselves very harshly, if you are happy with it I'm sure I will be too." Marth himself was very excited, a new addition to the team, a new ally, possibly a new friend. Johan knew very little about golems, about as much as Marth, but in his mind, all golems were made of rock or metal, or water, or ice, on another material of earth. So he was curious when Marth had said the criteria was uniqueness and what the golem maker would come up with.

Scythe-Nova

-"Yeah well most requests i get will be for large battle golem or maybe even some purely for pleasure and sometimes they just want a statue, But now since the only criteria was that it would be unique i could let my artistic sense flow wildly."

Agatha explained very excitedly as she sat down on the edge of the table as she looked at Marth, she made many gestures with her hands as she talked almost as if she practised some kind of movements. Just a little later Opal came through a door carrying something covered in cloth, she made her way towards the table in the room and put down the covered item. from the size one could guess it were about the size of a child and quite thin too.

-"Ah, Here we have the golem"

Agatha said as she moved around the table and pulled off the cloth to reveal the golem, The Golem were somewhat small and had a childlike build she's covered in blue sleek soft fur on most of her body and a stripe of redish brown on her fluffy tail and up her back, her ears look very fluffy and soft and the hair on top of her head is redish Brown like the stripe on her tail and back. She does not seem to be "Alive" for the moment and her irises have a solid and dull green colour that made her eyes look very empty.

-"What do you think?"

Zane

Marth and Johan were a bit taken aback when the golem was revealed, she looked to be a demi-human. Marth looked to Agatha, back to the golem, the Agatha again, then letting his eyes rest on on the golem's face. "What do I think? I think she is better then I expected. Might I ask what she is made of?"

Johan was not certain that the girl laying on the table was a golem at all, she looked a bit fleshy to him, and he had never heard of a flesh golem, never thought that such a thing could exist, he brought his hand to her ankles, he could feel the muscles beneath the skin and fur. Were they about to buy a demi-human?

Scythe-Nova

-"Ah i thought you might ask about that, she's made from a certain organic stone that grows in underwater caves along the coast to the Hivan Ocean."

Agatha explained as she lifted the golems arm and ran her hand along the arm feeling the soft fur, the golem remained unanimated as Agatha put down it's arm again and poked at the golem's belly to show how fleshlike the material was.

-"I don't usually work in this material but this one went very well, it's quite different from working with stones or metals"

She said as she ran one of her hands through the golems hair with a calm expression on her face as she looked at her work, it was almost as if she looked at a child of hers.

-"as the material is unusual so is the maintenance of her too, Opal if you would"

Agatha said as she looked to the side at her own Golem Opal who in reply nodded and revealed that she had also carried some other items which she placed upon the table next to Marth, the items were a ceremonial cup and a small single bladed dagger.

-"Normally to activate a golem you infuse a rune upon the golem with your magical energy, but this one is organic and such has no rune so the only way to boind it to you is to make it ingest some sort of esscence of you... Of course it has to be a potent esscence such as Blood, Flesh or Semen, Your choice of course"

Zane

Semen. She really just said Semen. Marth blinked at the woman several times, and she was completely serious. Johan Looked away trying to hide a blush. "I think I shall go with the former." Marth said very solemnly. "Johan will help me?" Marth took the knife and, in a very swift movement, spun the knife in his good hand, putting a semi-deep cut in his wrist. Johan grabbed the cup and held it under the wound, which was starting to bleed quite a bit. Within a few minutes, the cup was filled and Johan quickly wrapped the cut. Marth then worked his arm under the golem's neck and hoisted her up, she was heavy for such a small frame. Johan parted the golem's lips and poured the contents of the cup down her throat.

Scythe-Nova

Agatha smiled as Marth looked at her but she still held a serious expression untill he decided to drain some blood and she moved aside to see how everything unfold. The blood went down easily into the golem's mouth, after the cup was empty not much happened but after some seconds the eyes of the golem started to shine for a second and then one could see it's green iris fill with life and it's chest heaved a breath for the first time ever. The crystal cuffs she had started to reverberate and glow for a bit before settling down with a clear blue colour. The Golem blinked a couple of times as it looked around her eyes just glanced over Agatha and Johan but locked onto Marth as she laid her feline eyes upon him just looking into his eyes.

-"M-maaster..."

Her speech was a slurry as she really did not know how to talk but that word "Master" was etched into her very being and such she could at least say that. Her body moved as she leaned towards Marth and started to purr allmost exactly like a cat.

-"Ah should've mentioned that, She can't talk yet but she's a quick learner so she'll probably be able to talk good in a day or two, Anyhow the price would be as i specified in the letter."

Agatha added as she went around the table and stood next to Marth with a smile as she looked at the golem before she placed a Cloth Robe next to the golem who still nestled closer to Marth and gave her hair a ruffle,

-"I'll throw in the robe for free"

She said with a laugh.

Zane

"Well hello there" Marth chuckled as the golem leaned into him and started to purr, "aren't you an affectionate one." As Agatha brought up payment, Marth brought his arm around the golem and reached into his sling, pulling out the gold brick. "Thirty pounds, give or take a few ounces, as requested. Johan help me put this robe on her."

Once the golem was clothed, which was as trying task with her constant need to be leaning against Marth, Marth turned to Agatha, "you are her creator, have you given her a name? Or is that up to me?" He had a name in mind but he figured he would be polite and ask.

Scythe-Nova

Agatha smiled as she saw the brick of gold and took it and handing it over to Opal who bent the bar with her hands and then nodding at Agatha who looked back at Marth when he asked about a name for the golem.

-"No, the naming of a golem is an important part of the bonding. Though as she wont be able to respond at an intelligent level just yet you should wait until she asks for a name, it's a way of knowing she will understand that it's her name"

Agatha said with a Smile and looked at the golem who looked up at her master, She did not resist when she were clothed and felt the cloth that she had on her while looking around curiously at her surroundings. Opal who stood next to Agatha looked at the little golem with a somewhat nostalgic look in her eyes.

-"Oh almost forgot, the cuffs on her body is made of a kind of crystal that can absorb magical energy and is what makes her body move, so if they get damaged or break come back here and i'll fix her up for you"

Agatha said and looked at Marth with a somewhat more serious look, She also gestured towards the crystal cuffs that were on her wrists and ankles and Face.

Zane

Marth nodded his acknowledgement, "if one of the cuffs do break I will be sure to bring her back, with some gold of course." Johan pulled a bit of clockwork from his pocket.

"Sir, three hours until sunset."

Marth nodded to his comrade, "it was an honor meeting you Miss Mirran, I simply can't thank you enough for the great work you have done. But we have to go pretty soon. Is there anything else I need to know?" Once the sun sets, monsters roam freely. That is a dangerous time for monster hunters, as they can smell blood of other monsters on the skin weeks after it has been washed off, and they see it as a challenge.

Scythe-Nova

Agatha nodded as Marth thanked her for the golem, She smiled and shook her head as he asked her if there were anything else he needed to know.

-"The same to you friend. Nope nothing more you need to know, I hope you'll have a nice life little one"

She said in response before looking at the little golem and tussled her hair with one of her hands, Part of the reason she did not name golems she would sell were so that she would not get attatched to them, but it still pulled at her heart when she had to say godbye to her creation.

-"Maybe we'll meet eachother at a later time"

She said and walked towards the door out as she talked to Marth, The little golem begun to move as it hopped down from the table and wobbled a bit when it tried to walk about but quickly got the hang of it as it's tail helped her a great deal with balance, She kept close to her master though but not too close.

Zane

"Count on it." Marth said. Leaving the table, he, Johan, and the golem all approached the door to the outside, it opened when they got close. Once outside and down the trail from the mansion, Marth turned his head to Johan, "What do you think? The Inn at La'marri? or should we try to make it to the next town?"

"I think miss Sevanskii would love to see you sir, after all you did save her only child."

"As did you friend, as did you." Marth looked back to the Golem, wondering if he should talk to her or would she start learning the language just from their banter. Perhaps he should have asked about that. "What do you think little one? Should we stop at the inn?" He didn't expect her to talk back, but perhaps his tone could convey the type of relationship he wanted. Marth had never been fond of the words servent, or slave for that matter. His mother was an ex-slave. He wanted the golem to know that if she had on opinion, she could voice it.

Scythe-Nova

The golem girl smiled as they moved outside, she felt the ground beneath her bare feet, everything was so new to her information just flowed into her mind as she processed everything in her mind she almost walked in a sort of trance untill her master talked to her and she immediately snapped out of it to hear her Masters words.

-"Mrr?"

She tilted her head as she thinked about what her master said, it was not in her nature to have a choice. Bur she had not the ability to respond other than smiling wide and nodding as it seemed easiest for her, Her tail wagged back and forth as she kept close to her master looking around curiously.

Zane

Marth returned the smile to the golem, "I'll take that as a yes."

It took about twenty minutes to get to the inn, part of the reason was due to the fact the Cleara Verdad was calling La'marri their temporary home. The guard they stationed at stopped Johan, so naturally Marth stopped as well. Once past the guard, Johan had muttered something about the inn being full. Now inside the inn, it would seem that it was overlooked, except for a man sitting in the back reading a book with swords strewn across the table.

Marth sat at a table near the fire, his back to it, he then pulled out the chair next to him for the golem, Johan sat across from them. Miss Sevanskii was nowhere to be seen, in the back room perhaps?