Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Checking Progress (Flora)

Started by Zero, March 14, 2013, 02:53:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zero

Tatsu didn't move at first, thinking of what she had said. She wished to see trees, but he was sure she didn't really understand the scope of the forests he was going to show her. Then again, did she really fully grasp yet the enormity of the world outside of Essyrn? It was unlikely. Even he had been shocked to find just how much was out there that he hadn't known about when first fleeing from his home.

"Where we are going there are forests where the trees are so close together you can barely walk if you stray from the road or paths. Does it bother you when I rest like this?" The question was sudden, but she seemed unsure about even talking to him.

Passifloraceae

Aliyah's head shook lightly, though her eyes did not move from where she had been staring. "No, forgive me. I had thought that perhaps you were spiritually recollecting or perhaps waiting to commune, so I was not really expecting an answer. And I was surprised." She closed her own eyes, trying to imagine the scene he had laid out in front of her imagination. "How does the Sun touch the ground when the trees are so close together? Is that not dangerous?"

Zero

Tatsu closed his eyes lightly, pondering that observation. Perhaps he did look as if he was engaging in some form of religious prayer. Humans and their unusual ways. "Meditation is a wonderful tool, but this is my comfortable sitting position. I like to remain balanced and centered. Do not worry about disturbing or interrupting, I am always available to you, Madame."

He shrugged his shoulders slightly. "In some places the sun only touches the ground in the winter when the leaves are dead and fallen. It can be dangerous, but you have no reason to fear with me by your side. I will see you safely to our destination."

Passifloraceae

Her brow furrowed, and she contemplated this strange phenomenon. "That seems unnatural..." Aliyah responded slowly, hesitance evident in her voice. "The Sun and the Moon...the stars....their faces do not shine upon the land under these trees, then. Surely these lands, then, are cursed, abandoned by the Skies as they are." Her eyes fluttered open, and she looked to Tatsu curiously. "What did they do to turn the eyes of Fate away from them, I wonder?"

Zero

He honestly wasn't sure if she was being serious. Pale eyes regarded her curiously, as if trying to puzzle out her true meaning. Abandoned by the skies? Cursed? They were just trees. Humans were so strange and so very easily spooked.

Tatsu sighed and shook his head. "They did nothing, and they aren't cursed. I'm afraid it is natural, sometimes the trees just grow so thick and close that it feels as if the world is closing in around you. Don't worry, we aren't going to go to a place with the trees covering that thick."

Passifloraceae

Ooc: I'm so sorry about this delay! My computer went to computer heaven, and I finally got my new one all set up and good to go! :(

"That sounds terrifying." Aliyah shook her head firmly and reached to scratch her nose underneath her veil. "I feel sadness for those blocked from the sun as these trees have made so. I have never thought about the land being so harsh." A humorous statement from one accustomed to the desert.

Zero

"I do not find it frightening. People that live in and near those forests have just become used to such an environment. Elves and other types of fae are usually drawn to live in such places. Those that live there would probably say that this land was the one that was harsh. It is really just a matter of perspective."

Tatsu had seen so many places, but Aliyah was going to have to go through a lot of culture shocks as she transitioned from place to place until he found somewhere for her to settle comfortable and permanently.

Passifloraceae

"Of course." She smiled apologetically. "I will work to see these places from another....perspective." Aliyah's words trailed off for only a moment before she turned back around to look at him. "Let me take the reins again, Sir, and you should sleep. If we are traveling in this one direction for a while, I can keep us going just fine while you rest up a bit!"