Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Gliding over all

Started by Looshi, March 15, 2013, 08:56:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zozee9

Jana ran.

Her feet pounded against the forest floor as the sheaths of her two daggers clanked together. She was camouflaged well, in a dark green shirt and brown, leather pants. But her camouflage didn't matter anymore.

She had been out, scouting. Like she did every morning. She had brought two new rangers with her to show them the ropes. But what a horrible job she had done. She could hear the fighting. Feel it, even. And fighting at the base could only mean one thing: Mordecai. How could she have not seen them earlier? The soldiers were bad enough, but letting Mordecai in was unforgivable.

So Jana ran. She had to help. She could distract the Mordecai--lure them away. She was great at that. But she had to reach them to be able to help.

The rangers with her were keeping up, to her surprise. She picked up the pace, anxious to get back. She was now close enough that she could hear the screaming. The armor. The swords.

And then she got close enough to see the bodies.

The two other rangers ran in to help the remaining soldiers.

Jana just stood there, petrified.

Any other ranger would have stayed with her. Helped her. But of course the new people didn't know better. They hadn't felt with her in these kinds of situations.

It used to be worse. Jana used to scream, collapse, and cry. Now she just froze up. She couldn't think. No, she couldn't process. She could think. But she could only think of Reagan and the poor, dead soldier and how bad she was.

So she didn't notice the cowardly soldier sneaking up behind her. All she could see was red. Red, red, red.
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

Art Thread: Here! | deviantArt Profile: Here <3

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

visualspice

Though not a man who wanted to get his hands dirty, he couldn't just leave the Free Folk to get slaughtered. Having gone to leave but quickly having turned back around, (and it seemed just in time too!), Trest Arristaire came around back to jam his sword clean through the soldier who could have easily taken Jana's head.
THe man made a noise, a hurled grunt as the sword thrust through him, but quickly the bloodied blade was kicked out from his torso before Trest's blue eyes went to Jana as he gave her a shrug.
"It's a battle. Best to keep your eyes on all sides of your person."
Though he spoke the words in nonchalance.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Looshi

Torri let out a roar that would have shook any birds from the rooftops of the ramparts. Cut down in front of her was the last of the invading soldiers. The woman who had the last strike looked around, her hands shaking on the hilt of her bloodied sword. Torri sat back on her haunches, and allowed her self to breathe in her human mind. They had won. But still she didn't change back, her hackles still raised and her instincts flaring. It was for caution than for anything else. The woman in front of her dropped her sword and fell to her knees, exhausted. There was a slash to her shoulder, and the blood slowed down her arm in a dark red stain.

How many of their own did they lose?

Jon took the offer for Jinai to help him. His chest felt like it was on fire, and he was worried he had broken a bone. A couple of ribs. He could still stand, but not up straight, and his hunched form made its way out from the middle of the battlefield with the help of the pretty woman. His face couldn't stop from turning a bright red.

The wounded were tended to the best the Free Folk could, with the lack of any true medical supplies or a healer that had magic. The merchants on the roads wouldn't be making as many trips as the dead of winter approached, their help was limited. Old healing ways were applied - herbs and salves, as well as prayers to Ansgar, which some scoffed at. There was a number of dead to deal with; more in the leathers and armour of the military than those of the battered cloth of the Free Folk. They couldn't bury them. They didn't have the space, and the graves would lead too much evidence if anyone should come looking for the unit. That was where Torri's mind was when she walked back out into the courtyard, back in clothing after having shrunken down to her womanly form once more.

She had given orders before she left, and they were being seen to. The soldier's bodies were stripped of anything the Free Folk could use - such as the armour and weapons. Torri had sent scouts out to look for a nearby camp - there could be another attack on the horizon, and they had to be prepared. Wards had been set up along Home's perimeter once more, and they glowed along the walls with a warm blue. They would mask the smoke in the sky. Torri had a piece of cloth wrapped around her nose and mouth, as did many of the Free Folk, not that it would do much. The smell of burning flesh was strong.

They didn't bother with funeral rights. All the bodies were set into a pile with stones ringing it and lit on fire. Daylight was fading, and the orange glow lit up their faces.

Deanthelis

As Kolo walked the simple dirt road, he stared at the muddy path ahead of him with disdain, thinking about whether or not he should've stayed at the little hut he made a mile back, or gone on to the old castle he saw from the hill. It was too late now, he thought - the herbs he'd gathered wouldn't keep very long, and he was halfway there. Besides, a proper if leaky roof was better than none at all, he supposed.

The old sage's thoughts wandered as he walked. The past few villages spoke in hushed tones of the great 'civil war' going about. Preposterous, he thought. What war is civil? Are there great battles consisting of men glaring at one another over tea and painfully polite conversation? Nay, he thought, no war can be civil! It would make too much sense.

Kolo was pulled out of his thoughts when his head bumped into something he couldn't see. He'd arrived at the castle for sure, he thought - why, the gate to the courtyard was right in front of him, wide open - but upon closer inspection by way of careful prodding with his cane, he found there to be quite a rigid barrier in front of him. He looked back at the wet ground and noticed something peculiar - footprints, a great many of them, and parts of the dirt and mud where it looked like something heavy was dragged, and... blood?

Kolo bent and inspected it. Dirty blood. Fresh, but dirty, and mixed, too. Something was terribly amiss with this castle. Haunted by spirits of war? No, spirits didn't bleed real blood. Kolo mindlessly tapped at the invisible barrier with his cane while he thought, making quite a bit of racket without particularly realizing it.

Eventually Kolo's cane missed the invisible barrier - had it moved? - and he nearly fell, but caught himself with a frantic flap of his wings. Paranoid now of these invisible walls, he poked around where the door would be if it were closed and took tiny steps forward. As he crossed the threshold, he found himself suddenly face-to-face with a rather frustrated-looking young woman with her hands on her hips, his cane poking her in the foot.

"Erhwa? I... er... Pardon me, miss, but where am I, and how did you appear before me so suddenly?" he asked politely, carefully lowering his black wood cane to the ground and resting his hands on it. He smiled up at her, hoping he hadn't incurred her wrath.

It was then he noticed the smell. And the pile of burning corpses. And the wounded men and women, the weapons and armor, and the fresh, dirty blood mingling in the dirty courtyard.

"Excuse me, madam. If that man there doesn't remove that arrow, it'll get the green-rot and he'll lose his foot." Kolo pushed his way past the entirely flabbergasted woman and knelt in front a young man with an arrow sticking out of his shin who sat by a wall.

"Don't be alarmed, lad. This is going to hurt for a moment, but you'll get to keep that foot of yours." Kolo reached into his pack and took some of the herbs he'd gathered that morning from his pack as well as a pestle and mortar. He quickly crushed them and mixed them with water to create a paste. He tasted it, grimacing at its bitter flavor, deciding it was good enough. He took a roll of cloth bandages from his pack as well and grasped the arrow-shaft. "Don't worry, son. You're in Kolo's hands. Good hands. I'll take it out on the count of three, alright?"

The young man nodded, confused by the weird-looking man but wishing desperately to have the arrow out of his shin. "Good. One. Two." Kolo pulled the arrow out smoothly. "Three. See, that wasn't so bad, eh?" He applied the herbal salve to the bandage and dressed the young man's wound. "You'll be fine, my boy. Just keep off that foot for a week or two, and change those bandages three times a day. Wash it, too, if you want to keep your foot."

Kolo clapped the youth on the shoulder and stood. He turned to face the crowd of Free Folk that had watched him do this. "Ehm... Hello there." He itched his head. "Is anyone else wounded?" he asked, smiling up at the crowd.

Paradox

With the return to consciousness there came the incessant, drumming of exquisite pain at the forefront of his skull. Though his nose detected the overwhelming stench of burning bodies, and could hear the cries of Free-Folk who mourned for those whom they had lost, Alastrom's attention was seized by an almost unbearable mental agony that drove his thoughts dangerously close to the contemplation of self-termination. Aside from being a holy man, these headaches were the reason he preferred to avoid using his abilities. Manipulating the composition of earth and metals with one's thoughts was no small feat and it came with a heavy price, one that he did not regret paying in this instance .

"Al, are you okay?" He heard Alanna close by along with a small group of children that commonly followed him around because they were either fascinated by his abilities or had parents who mistakenly thought he was the local babysitter. Had he opened his eyes, he would have seen that Alanna was kneeling down next to where he was laying on the earth in the exact same place where he'd initially lost consciousness in the courtyard. No one dared move him for fear of the mage mistakenly lashing out subconsciously. Of course, no one understood how Alastrom's powers worked or they would have known that where there were headaches, no magic would follow. Alanna, on the other hand , never really paused to think about these sorts of things. She was a bit fearless in that sense, but more than that she simply trusted her guardian and never doubted his control over his magic.   

He felt a small hand slip into his and squeeze it. Groaning softly, Alastrom opened an eye and turned his head sideways in the direction of Alanna's voice. He saw her worried face and smiled weakly, "Yeah. Just a little tired."

Alanna hadn't seen anything , but she'd overheard people talking and she couldn't help asking, "Did you really squish a man?"

At this question, Alastrom frowned but nodded.

Now she frowned because she knew what happened whenever he used scary magic like that, "Does your head hurt really bad?"

He lied, quietly, "Just a little. Don't worry."

Alanna rocked back on her heels and made a pouting face at him. "So, are the bad guys all gone?"

"...I don't know. It seems to look that way for now." He winced and his expression twisted with pain.

"Liar. Your head does hurt. " She half-turned and waved at the other children gathered in a circle around him. "Back off , you guys! Al needs some space!" In truth, she was the one who was irritated by their hovering.

zozee9

Jana flipped around as she heard the grunt and the sound of the sword entering the man's body. Her eyes  went wide and her mouth soon followed suit. He was dead, obviously, and she thought about the man she killed. She had stabbed him, too.

She wasn't against killing. She knew what had to be done had to be done. And the soldier had planned on killing her—he wasn't good. But she couldn't bring herself to do it... or to witness it. It just brought back those horrible memories of that poor soldier she killed. All he was doing was following her wretched father's orders. So even when she wanted to help her new family, there wasn't a single thing she could do but freeze.

Trest's voice took a few seconds to reach her ears, but Jana did eventually process it. Her eyes flittered as she tried to clear her head. She had to move, she knew that. "Thanks," she mumbled, wondering if Trest knew about her hemophobia. Almost everyone from the guild did. But Trest wasn't really from the guild. "I'm sorry, I still can't deal with situations like this... would you mind helping me inside? I'm afraid I will throw up if I stay out here much longer." And she knew she would probably end up collapsing if she tried to walk through or around all the dead bodies.
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

visualspice

Trest hesitated a moment. He hadn't meant to stay here, but with the fighting finally at a cease, he simply nodded at her request. And he couldn't help but smile a little as he offered Jana his shoulder. Wouldn't Torri scold him for this one? He shook his head of it and grunted as he let her weight lean in on him.
"Here now, easy does it, just lean on me alright and I'll get you back inside."
And once he had her more secure, he moved with her in awkward strides before they were inside the secured building, and it wasn't until he found her a more comfortable spot did he held her to sit.

There was chaos everywhere, bodies bleeding and people groaning in pain, but Trest didn't seem to realize he had taken the hemophobic woman and dragged her from the bloodied battle field into the bloody recovery area.
"There, easy does it. Think you might be alright now?" he asked, giving her a boyish grin as his blue eyes were shining- for the man seemed hardly phased over the attack, but then again, he was used to such things where Jana, albeit she had been a soldier, might not have the stomach for.

And while Trest was attending to Jana, Jinai was looking over Jon. She made a face at the other's wounds.
"Those look like they hurt," she said with a gesture, frowning over the blood as she glanced around. but the place was in dissaray, and she knew the place hadn't a solid healer amongst them- just a few with minimal medical knowledge, if any at all. So she did the best she could, scouting nearby for some supplies when a peculiar, new voice was heard. Kolo.
The man must be new, but at the offer of help she waved towards him.
"Over here! We've got someone wounded!" she said, hoping to flag the man down. "Here's hoping this old bag can help you," Jinai muttered to her companion as she stayed at Jon's side.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

zozee9

"I'll be bloody perfect," Jana muttered under her breath to Trest's question once they were inside. Nonetheless, she was grateful for his help and took a seat. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath before more clearly responded, "Sorry, I'm in a rotten mood. Blood doesn't go over well for me... it's a long story, but let's just say I'm a bit hemophobic. And seeing the dead bodies of my family wouldn't please me very much even if that wasn't the case. Especially some of the younger, less prepared ones. They remind me of my siblings back home."

Leaning back, she sighed. "Lovely people, they are. But you had better help the others." She didn't want Trest to waste time on herself, especially when she had no real issues. She just had to keep her eyes closed and tune out the wails around her and she should be fine. In five minutes or so, she would be well enough to return to the woods and make sure there were no other soldiers coming. Until then, she would need other people to keep an eye out.

"Trest?" she called, a few seconds later. "Will you do me a favor and get some experienced rangers over here? Some that aren't injured would be nice... and thank you. For saving my life and, well, my sanity I guess."

visualspice

Trest cocked his head to one side at her inquiry.
"Do I look like your maid?" he jested, grinning at her playfully, despite the whole situation of the after math. Then again.. this was Trest. He was pretty good at remaining cool under pressure. Also, he had entered the fight a bit late, so he wasn't as worn down as the rest might have been.
"But what do you need rangers for? And you might want to look into that whole 'don't like blood' sort of thing. I don't think we're the sort of people in a line of work that can avoid that sort of thing." And then at her last comment about saving her life, he shrugged and gave a partial roll of his eyes. "And you don't have to thank me. I just hope someone would do the same for me, is all." And at such a clever retort, he gave another clever grin.

Looshi

Torri made her way into the courtyard once again, fully clothed this time in her furs. She hated having to destroy the ones that she had been wearing before hand, but she couldn't help the necessity to shape-shift; to embrace the bear. The cold lingered, but was filled with a grim warmth. The smell had risen throughout Home; of burning hair and bodies. That too was a necessity.  She made her rounds, her lips turned down into hard lines. She counted their wounded, and her mind any number was too many.

At the sight of the man with wings, walking so easily through their illusions without the words, her hand went to the dagger at her side - her knuckles whitening as she gripped the hilt. She strode over, and soon found out that the man was named Kolo and he was a healer. She thanked him and set him to heal others.

Jon had managed to drag himself off to the side, his chest full of pain. He was readying to vomit, but nothing came. He laid back on the ground, the cold and the snow flooding through his clothing and seeping into his skin. He welcomed it. Jon's face was paler than it usually was, but his nose was red from winter's brush. He had closed his eyes then, trying to get the picture of the rising smoke out of his mind. He was drifting off then...

A voice. Her voice. Jinai.

There she was looking over him as he opened his eyes. Jon felt a blush rise to his cheeks, but felt too weak to try to hide it. The new healer didn't seem to hear Jinai call out.

"I'm all right..." He said, his voice a little quiet, sitting up he winced. "It hurts, but I don't think anything is broken. That's uh.. Not my blood."

Unable to keep upright any longer he laid back down. "I'm just... I'm just going to lay here for a bit."

visualspice

Jinai made a face, wrinkling her nose. She wasn't going to buy Jon's lie.
"You look like shit." She picked herself off the ground when she spotted Torri. "I'm going to see if we can't get you something, hold on." And she jogged over to where Torri now stood, eyes sweeping and accessing the damage. Someone else seemed about ready to approach her, but Jinai just shoved them none too gently aside.

"Torri!" she said, stumbling to a halt before her. "Do you know if anyone with healing knowledge survived? We got a lot of wounded around here. Jon's among them. I put the boy over there- but he's insisting he's not as hurt as he is."
THough she knew she'd do the same, she wasn't about to just let the by wither away and possibly die... 'for nothing'.

zozee9

Jana scoffed and bitterly replied, "Angsar knows I try, Trest. Angsar knows I try." It seemed like hemophobia wasn't the kind of thing that left easily, though. One of the soldiers cried out and Jana winced. With her eyes closed, she could only help but imagine the scene around her. The soldiers—no, most weren't even real soldiers—the people trying to get up and realizing that it wouldn't be as easy as normal. That they would be scarred forever. That their life was forever changed... again.

"And I need rangers to help scout more. It's possible that the noise attracted others, or that there were more soldiers following soon afterwards. I can't let anyone else get hurt. But make sure the rangers are good... I'm going to need more help than usual, it seems."

Paradox

((Assuming that Kolo is um...really busy attending to people))

"Don't move, Al." Alanna told her guardian sternly

Alastrom sighed and assured his young charge gently, "I'll be fine."  It was a lie, of course, but as far as he knew, there were no such things as healers who could soothe his aching mind and it was simply better not to tell a child such because it would only cause her further upset.

But Alanna knew something was wrong and the little girl was determined to get help. "I'll go get help!"

"Alanna...wait-!" But as loudly as he protested after her, there was really no telling that girl what to do when she set her mind to something. He sighed and muttered under his breath, "Kid never listens. My beard will turn grey before I'm thirty if she has her way of things..."

Alanna made her way through the courtyard, pausing to stare and gasp at all the bodies of the dead , dying and injured. The sight terrified her and she wanted nothing more than to turn around and run back to the castle and hide away from it all but no. She had to help Al! And so, bravely, she continued to move forward winding her way through the crowd of people who amassed around Torri and the strange new man, Kolo.

She had immediately thought to go to Torri because Torri was always the person she ran to when she couldn't run to Al. Try as she might, she was just too small and weak to wriggle her way through the crowd. She looked around for someone else to ...

Well, the person she saw couldn't help Alastrom, but maybe they could help her fetch someone else who could.

And she saw Jon lying on his back off to the far end of the courtyard. Oh yes. She knew Jon well. She could spot the dummy from a mile away and she honestly wasn't surprised to find him in such a position because, honestly, it was Jon and being Jon meant being kinda lame and hopeless. Sometimes Alanna felt sorry for him. He was so awkward and dumb that she wondered if half the time he couldn't help himself and was simply born that way. Maybe the dumbness ran in his family. Probably on the dad's side because , as everyone knows, all boys are dumb...

"Jon? Hey, Jon! What are you doing down there?" Probably being lazy and dumb. She smirked, but as she drew closer that expression wavered. Was that blood on his clothing? She rushed over to him and knelt down beside him. "Is that...your blood?" She fought to maintain a calm tone and expression because she was rarely nice to Jon and it hurt her pride to show that she actually cared about him. Well, if he died on her who else was she going to torment!?

Looshi

"Jinai!" But she didn't hear him. Jon let his arm sink down to his side, and grabbed a hand full of snow. It was cold, yet felt good after all that adrenaline pumping through him from the fight. It was quieter now, and still the sounds of swords and screams rung in his ears. He wouldn't admit it out loud - nightmares were soon to come.

Torri was making her through the courtyard, trying to find Alastrom when she was stopped. She turned, her face serious, and her mouth pressed into a thin and unwavering line.

"You know we have Odray." She said to Jinai. The man claimed to be a former medic of an army, but she had her doubts about his true origins. He was an odd fellow to say the least, yet she couldn't say anything worse about them - he had helped them in dark times, as he was doing now.

"We're all busy, if it's not severe, Jon will have to wait." It may have seemed cold, and it was. Jon was new, and inexperienced. Worth less than the other Rangers with more time under their heels. It was the hard way of the world.

Said Jon was dozing off when he heard a familiar high pitched voice. He opened one eye, and then the other, and frowned.

"Oh it's you." He said, they didn't exactly get along. "I'm fine. It's not my blood."

At least he hoped it wasn't.

visualspice

Jinai cut her a look.
"Odray? That fool survived?" She shook her head, hoping that, while she was out running her typical 'errands' for the Folk, he had been replaced. Or someone better came along. But being as it seemed Torri was not about to oblige, her frown deepened.
"Fine. I think I got a few thing that'll help him."

Her drugs were supposed to be used to keep pain down anyways, even if it might make the boy loopy, so she returned to his side and ignored the boisterous young girl and shoved a vial of opiates in his hand.
"Drink half of that. It'll help with the pain."

Looshi

Yes, that fool Odray survived. By cowering in the keep no doubt. The man was not feeble, and he had some skill in combat. But in the end, he had deserted the army and came Home.

Torri had found Alastorm laying on his back in the field. Her frowned tightened and she thought the worst. Brushing her red hair out from her face, she knelt down, her knees crunching in the snow.

"Are you all right, friend?" She asked, with warmth in her voice. "Come, lets take you inside away from the smoke."

Jinai came back to where Jon was laying, and he was glad for a moment that his only company wasn't the little brat. Man, she was annoying. How did Alastrom put up with her? He was like a rock!

The woman shoved a vial into his hands, and he squinted at it.

"What's this?" he asked dumbly, blind to the rumours that surrounded Jinai. But without much further thought, because he was dumb, he downed half of what was in the vial.

visualspice

"Opiates," she told him bluntly. "You'll be feeling twice as better now that that's in your system. Though you might not be able to walk straight for a while. How do you feel? Those drugs reach your head yet?" she asked with a bit of a smirk.

Tags: