Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Coin for an Autograph (Open!)

Started by diphloniusRike, March 15, 2013, 09:55:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diphloniusRike

He was by no means a celebrity, as indicated by the lack of any huge mobs following him around. He never disappointed in the ring however, so Bomani Zaid Ufa had begun to develop a bit of a following. A prominent and honorable gladiator, he stood outside the exit of the arena, in his usual spot. He had a signet ring, made just for these occasions, and a pad of ink ready. He stood tall, smiling and nodding to all who passed by.

Most of the people he met eyes with at least seemed to recognize him. His first visitor of the day however was someone he didn't initially meet eyes with. A tug on his tunic brought his eyes down to a smiling young boy.

"Mister Ufa!" He cheered, holding out a small leaflet and a single coin. "I loved your match today!"

Bomani proudly set the coin on the small table next to him, and stamped the paper the boy offered. "I'm proud to have you cheering for me!" He said with a large and warm smile, patting the boy on the back as he handed him his autograph.

"I always cheer for you!!!" The boy exclaimed joyfully, before being drug away by his mother, who was busy grumbling about him running off.

Bomani couldn't help but chuckle softly. He smiled as the boy walked away, losing his tough and heroic pose for a more relaxed one as he watched the boy being reluctantly taken away.

Aeytrious

From the shadows Ritousaey watched the exchange between the boy and the gladiator. The match had been one of the best he'd seen so far in this place. Perhaps he would be evidence that this world should be saved. The aura was right. He appeared to have honor. But was it an arrogant honor or a humble one.
        He sent to his pack a desire for a leather journal, then reached in and retrieved it from its place on top. Next he sent the need for a small gem, and reached in and retrieved it from right on top. He'd always be happy that his pack was so handy. The laws of science were fairly lose here. He liked that. Makes all the tricks much less noticeable by the locals.
        Clad in his usual warriors garb, he felt he may draw too much attention. He touched his face and adjusted his image. Perhaps a noble would be better. No, he would need a train of followers to properly present that, and as powerful as he was, making people from thin air was not going to be unnoticed. Perhaps someone less conspicuous. As he stepped from the shadows, anyone noticing him would see a middle aged man dressed like a locally successful artisan. The gladiator would know he could afford an autograph so shirking payment would seem unlikely.
        "A well fought match Master Ufa. An autograph perhaps?" Was master the correct title to use for a man of his station? New worlds always required some learning. Rit handed Bomani the leather journal. As soon as the ink was on the page, he took back the book, and handed the gladiator the ruby, worth at least 25 gold coins. "Is your world worth saving Bomani? Someone must give me a reason."
        In the moment of confusion caused by the ruby and the statement, Rit invisibly split the air behind him and stepped back through his portal through time, and out onto a nearby roof, to watch how Bomani Zaid Ufa's aura would change with this interaction.
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
ArjanDirkElijahGeldGulliusHiram
HerewardKheelanKurohanaLex
MalilaMelyndariaMowellesaQuinnlyn
SehrayanahTiberiusValencia
Ritousaey