Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Dragon Age (Orphis)

Started by wolfie, April 25, 2013, 09:12:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolfie

It was just like any other day. Alerri had decided it was time to stretch her wings again and not wanting to get caught she carefully made sure nobody was around before changing. She also hid her clothing high in a tree where nobody would look for them. When she was content that all was well she took to the skies heading toward the mountains.

She was soaring along as if nothing was new. She had grown accustomed to solo flights now and again when nobody was looking. She figured it would be one of those days when she got it out of her system and then returned to her human form. She had no idea that today would be different, and how could she.

Just as she reached the mountains she felt she wasn't alone. Someone else was there, and she wasn't sure she liked this. Hello? She thought reaching out with her mind.

Rhythm

Soaring through the cool air of the western Serendipity provinces, Orphis heaved a great dragon sigh, emitting smoke from his nostrils. The fire in his belly filled him with a warmth that contrasted the chill in a most pleasant way. The magnificent creature caught sight of himself in a small lake beneath. Each of the uncountable number of pure-golden scales covering Orphis from head to toe scattered the gentle noon light beautifully, causing the dragon to roll through the skies with a certain pride to his movements and a glint in his eye.

For some strange reason, the dragon's very being felt pulled towards the mountains of the west rather than the rolling prairies of the east. Shrugging his massive shoulders, he allowed himself to float between the huge formations. In the cold, thin mountain air, even Orphis had to struggle to remain airborne. He flapped his wings down repeatedly, creating small gusts of wind in his wake, and began searching for a suitable place to rest his bulk.

A voice touched his mind, and Orphis recoiled on instinct. A moment later, however, his characteristic curiosity caused him to reach out himself and search for the unknown, unseen, unmistakably female creature that had sensed his presence and chosen to communicate. "Hello." he replied, landing atop a mountain with a large thump and twisting his head towards the sky. "Kindly reveal yourself, so I am aware of to what I speak."

(Not my best writing, but oh well >.>)

wolfie

It felt wonderful being up among the clouds again. Something she should really do more often. She sighed when she got no reply back from the other being around. It amazed her how many were actually afraid of dragons, but she often thought it shouldn't amaze her so considering what she could do and what they couldn't. She hadn't mastered fire or ice yet, but then again she wasn't trying to.

I'm a dragon roaming the skies around here. Who might you be? She thought not giving her name. She wasn't sure if that was good etiquette considering this was a dragon she spoke to. It made her happy that he answered her back. She wasn't sure what else to say. It wasn't every day she was speaking to her own kind.

(I thought it was wonderful.)