Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Never Wish, Never Tell

Started by visualspice, April 27, 2013, 09:49:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Fear was evident in Artemis's eyes at what Bellona had revealed. No human had ever set foot there..a nd for that long!?  She felt that fear grip at her heart, and for a moment, she had forgotten how to breath. Instincts had her eyes going over to, Dietrich, her eyes pleading with him. Did she really have to never show an ounce of fear!? What sort of place was he taking her to!? And naturally, she was too afraid to ask, her jaw still gaping open before she pressed her lips together and tried to swallow the knot tightening within her throat.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

"Artemis," Dietrich looked at her now.  "Of all thing, Bellona is right about that.  It is our coven.  A vampire coven.  And Cronus' sacred home.  Don't fear, I'll protect you.  Just don't speak to anyone that you don't have to,  They'll get the wrong idea.  Do you trust me enough to let me do this for you?"

For some reason he felt he had to ask, that at least on person on this carriage actually had a degree of trust toward him.  After the people he'd hurt, and those that hurt him, that he migt look up at last with some dgree of forgiveness.  That he might be able to forgive himself.

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Artemis hesitated, her mind going number over the question. She had come this far, she had agreed to see this man. They had to look into this curse; they had to find a way to break it. So with a nod of her head, she agreed in silence, before answering softly, "Yes." All the while her heart beat was still hammering inside her head.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

"Good," Dietrich nodded to her and even gave a trying smile to Bellona.  The other woman just smiled at him and  turned to gaze out the window.  The carriage rolled along and bolted down the road at breakneck speed, racing the dawn.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Artemis hadn't expected the carriage to move so fast, so when it lurched forward, she let out a yelp and came crumpling to the floor. Now in a heap, she blushed and scrambled back onto her bench, and clung onto it until her knuckles went white. She only realized the severity of the sunlight hwen she peered outside the carriage window.
'Oh, no...' she thought 'Can we make it there before the sun comes up and burns Dietrich?'
And she chewed nervously on her lower lip, silently praying that they would.

Lion

Dietrich had drawn curtains over the windows.  No vampire ever left proper safety before traveling so long and so far abroad as Bellona did on this night.  He said nothing more to anyone else inside the carriage, seeing no reason to as the night gradually passed.  The motion eventually lulled him into something that resembled a slumber, one he didn't get much of that morning and relaxed against the corner of his side of the carriage.

When she was sure, he was no longer responsive, Bellona turned to Artemis and eyed her up.  "Now that our respective companion is a little drowsy, why don't you tell me the truth about how the two of you met, darling?  Dietrich can be a little - how does one put it - pushy, at times and can make a girl quite nervous.  I'm sure he's been a little more than brash in your time together, has he not?  I've known him his entire life, well, most of it.  It's almost sad, how he's become.  But some adjust to eternity much better than others."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Artemis frowned.
"I don't believe I understand your question." She looked from Bellona, the timidly over to Dietrich as she tucked back some of her hair. "We.. we met at my library." She shuffled uneasily, not sure quite what to tell her. "He.. he had come in late. It was nearly closing time." She sighed, looking down at the book on her lap ad hesitated, uncertain what she ought to tell her. Would Dietrich be mad if she gave any more details then had been presented? "Things had just gotten crazy, and we ended up being chased into the basement..."
And as she phrased it, she dind't realize she had left out key parts and that it sounded a lot differently with some of the descriptions she was omitting...

Lion

Bellona gave a chuckle.  "I think you mentioned something about hunters as well.  That does sound like Dietrich.  He's always running after legends and stories, tomes and treasures.  Though why he would pick a demon book, I don't know.  That doesn't sound particularly like him.  He doesn't particularly become attracted to things that are my powerful than he is, they don't - click.  Don't be shy, darling, I'm not here to hinder or harm you in anyway.  What library do you work for?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Artemis felt her hands sweat a little as they itched over the book's surface.
"Uth.. Uthlyn... the Library in Uthlyn," she found herself saying with a bit of a pout. Tucking back her hair again, she down cast her gaze. "Yes, there were hunters, though this book wasn't the reason he was there. We.." she hesitated, chewing on her lower lip. "We came upon it by accident when we were being chased."

Lion

"Hmmm," Bellona replied thoughtfully, casting her gaze out toward Dietrich for a moment.  She blinked at him, taking in this new information before looking back to Artemis.  "Then the book was hidden away on purpose.  That much is apparent.  Would you let me see it?  Demon books rarely like to be distanced from their possessors, but I hope you will be willing to make an exception.  Perhaps there's something I can decipher from it."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Artemis hesitated at the woman's request. She chanced one look over at Dietrich, then over at Bellona before slowly nodding her head. If Dietrich trusted this woman enough to transport them, she might as well let her have a look. So with uneasy hands, she handed the book over to her.

Lion

Bellona took the book delicately in hand and barely gave the slightest breath of touch.  Instantly she could feel it flinch and quiver with an impotent rage, the words of its ward still powerful upon it.  She looked at the runes engraved on the cover and her breath caught, the portait of a devil consuming the bodies of children and men alike.

"Kazi-Kalla," Bellona whispered.  "That's what these letters spell out.  I'm assuming that is the name of the demon.  Demons fear their names because identifying them allows you to discover their weaknesses.  It corners them and makes them vulnerable.  That also makes them very very dangerous.  But I see from the other proctective runes on here that this book is meant to contain it within its covers.  And at the same time the demon has made his home here.  This is both his fortress and his prison."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"Kazi-Kalla?" Artemis repeated, then blinked curiously down at the book. She digested what the other told her with a curious frown.
"So.. if the book is it's prison... why was it after us?"

Lion

"Like all demons, they are tricky things.  They want to find mortals foolish enough to obey them, or fear them so that they can free them from their prisons and wreak whatever matter of havoc they can upon the world.  It's very simple really.  Well, others are.  In this case, the book chose you because I imagine you were one to make contact with it.  All demons test you for vulnerabilities, where your fears lie, your sorrows, anything they can think of to try and get inside your head," Bellona explained.  "That's all I can think of for this moment.  Just don't tell Dietrich I'm lending a hand, he wouldn't like that."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Artemis frowned as she took in what Bellona said. Fears and vulnerabilities..
and she was chalked full of them. She released a held breath and looked down at the floor. What was she to tell Dietrich anyways? It wasn't like she could hide the fact Bellona would know at least something about the book. And as mucha s she wanted to ask for the book back, she really, really did not want it near her.
A book housing a demon..
it made her shiver.

Lion

Bellona held onto the book and rewrapped it in Dietrich's jacket.  Her hands ran along the familiar feel of leather and stitches and a smile touched her lips.  "Don't worry, Miss Longfellow.  We willhelp you get out of this.  Even if Dietrich is a butt head."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Despite the joke,  Artemis frowned. " It seems Dietrich trusts you enough to help us." She bit into her lower lip. "What sort of help can you provide? What can you do? Is there some way we can destroy the book or, for lack of a better word, to put the demon to sleep? You see... It sort of..."  She chewed on her lip again. "Clings to us... Following us like a lost child. That's why we haven't just left it behind... We can't."

Lion

Bellona's eyes widened at the revelation and made an 'oh' with her mouth.  "Hm, yes, that is quite typical of demons once they pick a 'favorite'.  They will cling to you and torment you for as long as they want until you do what they say.  Some make physical contact very easily, some can even physiaclly attack you.  The only thing tangible I may do is perhaps give you some wards that will help shield you from Kazi-Kalla's influence.  Talismans.  But Cronus will be able to tell you more on how you might defeat him.  Such a demon...may only be squashed by someone greater than him.  And I don't think that's Dietrich.  As much as he'd like to believe he is."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

It was a lot to take in as Artemis frowned. "Are... Are vampires... Related to demons?" She asked with sheepish uncertainty.

Lion

Bellona smiled at the question, however quaint.  She could understand this young woman, despite her better instincts and what Dietrich was doing with her in the first place made her question eve her own judgment.  She seemed sincere enough; and genuiniely terrified at her circumstances. 

"Vampires are, in a way.  We are each individuals in our own right," she said slowly.  "Vampires in creatues of the night.  Most who do not learn to control their hungers end up feral and rabid.  And then there are those that come together for protection, form a coven to guide ourselves and our lessers.  Perhaps we are just more civilized than your typical demon.  But some crave power more than others, some would rather not to leanr to steel their desires and run rampant like wild children."  At that she cut her eyes to Dietrich and gave a small smile.  "But like I said, we are all individuals in our own right."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn