Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Never Wish, Never Tell

Started by visualspice, April 27, 2013, 09:49:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Artemis listened with interest, but her head felt over whelmed with information, and if she were to listen to much longer, she feared she'd forget something important (or, rather, was already at that point of her own doubt) and followed Bellona's gaze to Dietrich, but didn't catch the meaning behind it.

"I'm sorry if my questions seem silly. I don't know much about your kind," she continued to chew on her lower lip before she sighed, lifting her gaze. "I suppose what I have heard were any stories brewed around the uncivilized sort. Having met Dietrich, I wouldn't have initially considered him.. well... a vampire."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

"Well, that is to be expected, my child," Bellona laughed.  '"Such myths are difficult to dispel, but I think they do more good than harm.  Vampires like the mystery that shrouds them, not in any pretentious manner, but because it keeps meddling mortals where they ought to be, at home.  And being 'civilized' is just a formality, we are just as dangerous as any creature of the night.  Perhaps even moreso because we look so ordinary."

At the comment on Dietrich, she smirked and rubbed her face a little in thought.  "Dietrich is definitely different.  He's a one of a kind even amongst the coven.  He strives to become more than he is because he finds his life, as of now, quite unsatisfying.  When I found him, he was too drunk to remember his own name.  I took pity on him, and gave him another chance.  But I guess some things are meant to stay broken."

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

"Well, he also looked like a completely different person," Artemis added, albeit softly, beneath her breath. She sighed as she listened to what Bellona was saying and glanced over at Dietrich's sleeping form. He was unhappy, even as a human?
"So... you saved his life?" Artemis questioned, not realizing the full context behind what Bellona was meaning.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

"In a way," Bellona said with a nod.  "I think he wanted to die the night I saw him, and he would have if I hadn't intervened, more drunk than any man could handle before falling ill and dying from the poison.  He mad little sense.  Something about a woman, had torn his heart out from it's bearings and it never returned.  Wounds like that do not heal easy, if ever in Dietrich's case.  I tried to help him, to love him.  But he is not an easy man to understand.  There is much I will never know.  Not sure if it would even matter."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Artemis's eyes lit up at the words before she peered over at Dietrich with a frown of pity.
"So you were in love with him then?"
Did this man have a fear of love? Or some terrible story behind it? It sure seemed so as Bellona was pointing out. She, who had only ever dreamed of love, did not fully understand the implications behind it as she sighed quietly before asking, "Are we almost there?" ANd she turned to her. "At the coven, I mean."

Lion

"I tried to love him.  I think I thried to believe that my love was strong enough to help him, but I was wrong.  And he was never really mine," she said softly.  There was no more to say after that and when as last the carriage rolled to a stop on the edge of a narrow mountain pass. Beside the cliff and rocks there stood a small cabin build into the stone work and Bellona was the first to move toward the door, Dietrich sitting up at last from his slumber.  "We there yet?" he groaned.

"Yes," Bellona answered simply, holding the demon book against her chest.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Artemis digested her word with care, even being as tired as she was. She felt pity for the man as she peered over at him. Perhaps he just wasn't very good at love? Not that she could even give two cents on the matter. But their conversation was a nice distraction, so when the coven pulled into view, she had all but forgotten she was being dragged into a pit full of vampires.

Her throat tightened, her eyes widened, and her knuckles turned white from where they were perched within her lap. The fear had already started long before she could steel it away as she swallowed back the knot within her throat and peered over at Dietrich.

Lion

Dietrich sat up the moment he saw that Bellona had the book in her arms and landed on the ground below, waiting for Artemis to follow. 

"What is she doing with the book?" Dietrich hissed in her ear.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Artemis jumped a little at his words and frowned up at him.
"She wanted to see it," she whispered with a pout. "Why?" Should she not?

Lion

Dietrich just shook his head at her and put a hand on her shoulder and nudged her along to follow Bellona as she led them into the cabin.  The room was pitch black and dusty beyond reason.  Bellona lit one match from something on the side and lit a candle within a lantern.  She passed it off to Artemis, but Dietrich reached his hand forth to hold it instead.

Bellona just smirked at him and moved toward a hidden panel in the wall, opening a section of the wall that revealed a darkened staircase below.  She disappeared inside and Dietrich nodded for Artemis to go ahead of him.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Artemis's eyes widened as the staircase was revealed to them. And when Bellona disappeared, she was still staring at it. It was only at Dietrich's gesture did she blink and become broken from her stare. She pressed her lips together and turned back towards the dark stair case, a hand now clutched to her chest as she hesitated, and took a few cautious steps inside.

"Where does this lead?" she whispered, feeling a chilling wind spiral up the stairs and seep in through her clothing as they made their way deeper and deeper down the dank stairwell.

Lion

"To more stairs and more darkness," Dietrich answered truthfully.  "Then after that, an antechamber, enchanted to prevent entry from miscellaneous creatures.  Namely nosy humans."  He gave her a small smirk before proceeding down the rest of the stairs.  "You're not scared are you?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Nosy humans? But why on earth would anyone want to sneak into a vampire's lair? She frowned at the thought, then at his question she answered truthfully, "Yes. Yes I am."
She feared any small noise or movement might make her piss herself, but she tried to steel it. Thankfully they were kept on moving due to the endless spiraling steps, for it hid her shaking well.

Lion

Dietrich softened his features and reached out for her hand.  "Just hold onto me," he said with a nod.  "You'll be all right.  Nothing will harm you if you stay close."  He gave her hand a squeeze but shied from a smile, it was awkward enough as it was.  And proceeded further down the steps after Bellona.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Artemis's stomach and heart were doing flip-flops inside her chest. ANd his words made her only slightly blush, but her hands were too clammy and her skin, too pale from fear for it to stay. But hwen he squeezed her hand, she tensed and squeezed back, and by the time they made it down the end of the steps, she had nearly fallen over for how sore her legs were.
And then she looked up, eyes taking in a massive black door with a carved frame around the knob and key hole depicting a wicked face, like that of a devil. Staring intot he eyes of the sculpture, Artemis felt herself about ready to faint.

Gods.. what had she gotten herself into?

Lion

Once they had descended the stairs, Dietrich's own heart might have been beating loudly and heavily if it still could.  After all, no human had ever ventured down here since he had come several centuries ago.  Anything could happen and he wasn't sure he was prepared to deal with the consequences.  Even with Bellona here to vouch for them - in her own selfish manner - Dietrich did not trust her more than he could throw her.  But she was their only hope, and Cronus, to be rid of the cursed book that plagued them.

The hall at the end of the stairwell was dimly lit with they ventured forth through violet candles.  The hallway opened up to an empty chamber, or so it seemed, for it was wide with a high cavernous ceiling where light failed to reach.  Beneath their feet was a crest carved into the stone, a great dais of what looked almost like a calendar, or perhaps a map, either of which couldn't be specified.

"Wait here," Bellona said to both of them and Dietrich stayed behind at the center of the dais, symbols all around them.

"Try to relax, will ya.  Can't have them smelling the fear on you," Dietrich whispered, but even that gave a sinister echo that resound up through the cavern around them.  "Cronus will be with us shortly."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Artemis couldn't help herself. She was shaking, even as she tried to steel herself. She was cold, and frightened, and this place reeked of death. It was evident no true life forms could live here, but then again- were vampires even truly alive?

Peering over at Dietrich, she frowned.
"You ask me to relax, but this place is as cold as winter. And it smells of the grave."
But at the sound of a door opening, and a whisper of ghosts, she gasped and backed up against Dietrich, clutching onto his arm.
Oh..
It had only been bats.

Lion

"I understand this can all be very unsettling.  And it is very cold," Dietrich muttered, seeing his own breath billow out in a mist.  He smiled at the cloud as it drifted upward toward the cavernous ceiling.  And as he did so, he could hear voices echoing from down the chamber hall.  He patted Artemis' shoulder.  "It's all right.  You might even like Cronus.  He's an asshole, in a good way.  A gentleman of the old days.  But him and me don't really see eye to eye.  I'm sure you can use your imagination why."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

But she couldn't, and she flinched at the thought.
"Dietrich... what if they don't like me?"
This place... it gave her the shivers. She just hoped it wouldn't be her grave.
"Dont.." she moved uneasily from where she stood, before lowering her voice and adding, "Don't vampires eat humans...?"

Lion

"Oh, pffft!  Only humans they don't like, trust me.  I know plenty of vamps that got their claws stuck in a human, in more ways than one," he winked at Artemis.  But his face immediately softened.  "Oh, I don't mean it like that.  I only mean that you're safe as long as you don't make yourself out to be, well, vulnerable.  Which is hard to do considering our circumstances, but relax, I'm here to protect you.  You've got nothing to worry about.  Cronus won't let anyone lay a finger on you, or in you, or taste you."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn