Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Never Wish, Never Tell

Started by visualspice, April 27, 2013, 09:49:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

As Artemis watched him abandon her, fear struck her, and she was overwhelmed with emotions. Tears began to well up in her eyes, raining down in warm salty tears upon the book. She had no where to go. She was lost, and this man, this man who dragged her into all of this chaos, was just about to abandon her, just like that. Her job was ruined. For all she knew her life was cursed, and there were potentially undead corpses out to get her. It was just too much to take, so when she Dietrich was suddenly yanked back towards her by some unknown force, she gave a sharp cry of alarm, dropping the book in fear as it muttered something in a deep, demonic tone.

"Wh-what!?" her eyes went wide, before anger suddenly filled her, her hands shaking as they clenched into fists. "You can't be serious! I don't even believe in witches, or devils, or ghosts or other silly things! Even animated corpses who were just chasing us through the catacombs of Uthlyn! I don't even know how to swallow any of that!" SHe shook her head, turned away as she rake a hand through her thick, brown hair, now a mess and falling in disheveled locks about her face. Turning to him, her lips trembled, both with fear..a nd wit rage.
"My job is probably ruined, my family could possibly be in danger, and now you're trying to tell me I'm some sort of witch!?"

She couldn't believe it, and hefted up the book and started to beat him with it square upon the head.

"You're a horrible, wretched man! and I wish I never had met you and that whatever this book was sputtering, I wish It was sputtering at you! I never wanted to be apart of this! I just wanted to get home to my family! The day working at the library was long enough!" She wailed through a sob. "My parents are ill and dying, my brother works long hours in the mines and still we barely manage to scrape by! Why on EARTH would I ever want to be a witch or want this cursed book?" She shook he rhead, compltely in disbelief such a selfish man existed. "You horrible, HORRIBLE MAN!"

and no sooner was she striking Dietrich down with the book did a puff of smoke come out, jolting her and causing her to jump back with a yelp. The book fell between the pair with a clatter, and after a moment, it leapt again, the book opening before snapping closed back onto the ground with a feral and vicious bark.

Artemis's face twisted, a fist clutched to her chest as she peered down at the book curiously. Did it seriously.. just.. bark!?
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

"Hey watch it!  You must have some kind of death wish woman!  I could rip your head clean off and dance in a rain of your blood!"  but the hits kept coming and Dietrich was starting to feel dizzy from the sheer weight of the book on his head.  He shoved her away to give him some much needed space before snarling fangs at her.

"I could care less about your problems.  I've got enough of those myself.  And it's not my fault you understood those cryptic words in the first place!  I hope that book ruins your life.  Nobody that don't have got the gumption to take care of their lives don't deserve it.  It's not my fault your parents had to put up with you taking care of them.  You can't even take care of yourself."

But Dietrich was at a loss for words when the book barked at him like a savage dog.

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Artemis could have slapped him, smacked him some more, and pulled out his eyes for how mad she was, but when the book spoke (or in this case, barked) she was terrified.
She had no idea what to make of it, and as she curiously leaned nearer to it, it began to growl.
Blinking back some tears, she ignored it for now and turned toward Dietrich.

"Don't talk to me as if you understand my problems! You're a heartless criminal, and if I had half a mind, or any sort of bizarre powers, I'd use them to force you how to be a better man!" she spat, hands into fists, eyes nearly blinded by her tears. "But you're not! You're like a spoiled, selfish child! Even an animal has more heart than you-"

And no sooner did her voice rise again...
The book growled, snapping open and closed in a more furious bark as it lunged towards Dietrich,a nd continued to growl, the book shaking as it landed near his feet.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

"You know nothing about me!" Dietrich said defensively.  His face was growing hot and his eyes hotter and he looked just about ready to tear her apart.  "I don't give a shit about you or your problems.  Still looking for a scapegoat I see.  And now you can't be satisfied until you take me down with you.  But you see, even if you are some kind of demon-bride as you said, I don't care.  It's not my problem, like I said before!"

But when the book continued to growl at him and bark and snarl, practically becoming alive, an unwelcome chill of fear coursed through him.  "Gods!"  He carefully reached out for it to try and calm it down when the lid slammed on his fingers.  "OUCH!  FINE!  Fine!  I'll help you, you wretched wench!  It seems this book won't let me go either until we find it what it really wants."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

"I know enough about you from your actions!" Artemis snapped back, but at his other words, her own eyes filled with hot, angered tears. What a cruel and uncaring man! But hten when he decided he wanted to help her, she had enough of this, turning tail and running in tears the other way.

Lion

As she'd left the book with him, the demon book suddenly rumbled on the ground and as she ran the other way, the book flew from it's spot on the floor after her, bashing right into her back and growling all the way.  Dietrich's eyes widened and got up ran after her.  "Are you all right!?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Artemis yelped, and was taken completely off guard, and off balance, as she found herself on the ground. Turning around, her eyes widened in shock to find the book at her feet. Shaking her head, she pushed away from Dietrich, sobbing as she tried to run away again, only to be smacked in the back by the book again, and found herself crumpling to the ground once again.

"What- what is wrong with this stupid thing!?" she said, sitting up suddenly and trying to wipe frustratedly at her tears and as the book growled at her, she cowered away.

Lion

Dietrich had had enough of this and pulled a handkerchief from his coat and gave it down to her and reached below to pull her to her feet.  "You really should stop running, it looks like it'll just follow you all the way home.  Just calm down.  We'll figure this out.  It wants you and it won't let you go unless it gets what it wants.  And I think we might only find those answers unless we read it," Dietrich said, holding her close.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Artemis stared angrily at the kerchief, and as he assisted her to her feet, she tensed. But it was his words, the fact he was trying to calm her after being so cruel to her, that really got to her as she pulled away from him and shook her head.
"Read from it!?" she shook her head again, using the kerchief to dab away her tears. "The thing is cursed! I don't want to even think about TOUCHING it!" But it seemed she'd have little choice as she stared down at the silvery scroll work upon the book's cover and sighed, trembling even as she remained near to Dietrich, but still abrasive.
"There has to be something else we can do!" she said, finding herself back in pathetic sobs again. But she couldn't help it. If she was cursed... she didn't want to think about those consequence as she took the kerchief to her nose and blew.

Lion

If his kindness couldn't console her maybe his cruelty was the only thing that would knock some sense into her.  And knock some sense into her he did.  Dietrich yanked her by her arm and shook her fiercely before smacking her across the face again.  "Now get ahold of yourself goddammit!  It seems we've both gotten into a mess we can't very well crawl out way out of.  Now we just have to make the best of it so relax!  Don't think I won't smack you again!  Don't be one of those sniveling bitches who can do nothing more than cry for their sorry state.  For lack of a better phrase: Be a man!"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Artemis couldn't believe this! He just struck her... again!
Throwing back her shoulders, she was just about to give him a piece of her mind, her brown eyes as hot as the fires of Hell, when the book let out a terribly deafening deep throated laugh. Artemis's eyes went wide as she pressed against Dietrich, cowering away from the book as a massive black shadow began to curl up from the sides of the pages.

"Oh.. my... God.."

And a pair of red eyes began to form, glowing from the shadowy dark, staring back at them as teeth cut out from the shadows, a hand lunging forward, ready to grab a hold of Artemis's arm, and as it did so, it yanked her forward, the shadows solidifying as she fell into them and they poofed away. ANd as it happened, her lips were found crashing into HIS, his being a tall demonic figure with red skin, rippling muscles and gnarled horns set atop of the wild black hair upon it's head.

"Hello mortal mistress.." he cooed between his teeth, his breath rancid, his teeth yellowed and sour as Artemis's face went pale, then green from the smell. "What is that? Is that fear I smell?" he asked, pulling her even closer, harder still so that she yelped as a long, pointed tongue whipped out and began to lap at her neck and cheek. Flinching,s he tried to pull away, but it was to no avail.

"L-let go of me!" she stammered, but the demon only laughed and held strong.

Lion

He didn't know what to think of the sudden demonic shadow that manifested before them and he stood in sheer shock when it snatched Artemis away and suddenly started devouring her with his mouth.  No, not devouring, kissing.  But with the force of it and how large his mouth was, it wouldn't be hard to devour her head first, no doubt!  Dietrich stood back, not quite sure what to do.

But the fear that coursed through him as well was enough to sicken him into bravery.  "No!  Foul demon," Dietrich said, stepping forward.  "Let her go!  Coward...sickens me.  Attacking such a foolish defenseless weak woman.  You've got something to prove, prove it to me, you sad excuse for a demon lord!"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

If Dietrich wanted to get a real response from the demon, he would have to try better as the Demon tossed his head back in a laugh. The sound echoed deeply around them, hurting Artemis's ears as she flinched, though at Dietrich's words, she grew haughty.

"I am NOT foolish!" she shouted, but the demon's eyes only lit up to see her change her tune from fearful to angry as he purred and leaned forward to steal another kiss. Gasping, Artemis reared back and slapped a hand hard across his face, but he only laughed through it and grabbed onto her wrists, slamming his lips to her once again. But then he was intentionally ignoring the little vampire, wondering how much anger he could coax out of the child of the night.

Lion

There was no longer a need for words when at last Dietrich lunged forward and slashed at the tangible flesh, bright red, that clutched at Artemis, licking her clean with his tongue.  His claws dug into flesh that fell like stone and made his nails hurt from the feeling of it, but he clawed down on it and felt like it was clay peeling away underneath, leaving openings for bright red blood to ooze out of him.  The demon howled a laughing howl and released Artemis to trade her for the small pathetic vampire.  He clutched Dietrich around the neck with a fie hot hand and actually made Dietrich sweat.

"What-  WHAT ARE YOU!?" Dietrich growled, trying to claw at the wrist.

The demon bore his eyes into the vampire's and only grinned sinisterly.  "Well, wouldn't you like to know!  You'll be nothing more than my mistress' lackey, you'll follow her and do her bidding.  You'll obey, until I am awakened once again!  You'll never be free."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Once she was free, Artemis watched in horror as the demon slammed a fist and held Dietrich around the neck. And then at his threats, at his words, fear swelled through her and came bubbling out of her mouth as she exclaimed, "NO!" And she rushed forward, only to be stopped beneath the demon's gaze as he laughed.

"You... the reader of the book, the opener of my world," he purred, his tail thumping excitedly agaisnt the floor. He stepped forward, bubbling, black steam rising up around each hoofed foot as he stepped from the pages of the book and onto the ground, the shadowy smoke still following him, black as ink as he walked. Artemis backed away, trembling, whimpering before she found herself up against the wall. Dietrich, who had long been discarded against a cruel laugh, was ignored once again as he was dropped into a crumpled heap as the demon's claws gently stroked across Artemis's face.

"You, the keeper of words. I owe you much," he told her, eyes glowing red. "You, who will become the sacrifice, the awakener of my sleeping bride..." and his claws slid lower, down her neck, then chest, and down her sides to where he smiled as he stared at her, cackling cruelly.
"And even better.. a virgin sacrifice to a demon lord.." he purred, his face but inches from hers.
"A virgin bride."

Lion

Dietrich writhed on the ground, holding his neck where the demon's claws had embedded themselves into his neck.  He turned over, coughing pathetically, as if he were still human, leaning on all fours until he eventually found bearings enough to stand.  He couldn't face something so powerful, not by himself, not with just his body.  He could crush Dietrich like a fly, and why he didn't he didn't know.

Except for the fact that he was to become Artemis' servant in this duty, he had no reason to remain here.  And yet he couldn't run, the demon prevented him from doing so, yanking him back as if he were connected by a chain.  He leaned helplessly against the wall, remember his mortality, his weakness and suddenly he felt as if he were human all over again.

There had to be a way to yank the demon back and his eyes drifted back toward the book he'd walked from on cloven hooves.  Dietrich dove for the book.  The tome was lighter now and moved to his touch as he pulled it up into his grasp and turned the pages frantically.  He found something he did understand at last, not by the words but by the illustrations of the demon's clawing the ground as it was dragged back into the book, and read out loud: "Madi-ach medi'tal esterna nocte!"

The demon dropped Artemis to the ground with a devastating thud and turned around, eyes wide, wild.  He growled and eyed Dietrich with pure rage, nearly charging at him to throttle him.  Dietrich turned the book over, the pages facing him and repeated the phrase.

"Madi-ach medi'tal esterna nocte!  MADI-ACH MEDI'TAL ESTERNA NOCTE!" Dietrich screamed at the top of his lungs.  The pages of the book fluttered back to the one he came from and the demon cried out as he was suddenly sucked back into the pages, clawing the ground much like in the illustration, the tunnel howling with wind all around them, before being slammed into the pages of the book, both covers slamming shut and throwing Dietrich onto his back.  The book rattled and struggled against his hold, but Dietrich refused to let it go.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

When the demon was torn away, Artemis fell against a wall. She leaned against it, unable to move her legs as she witnessed the thing being dragged back into the book. And as it was pounding against it from within, momentarily not threatening either of them, Artemis let herself drop down to the floor, tears coming to her eyes before she broke out into sobs.

OOC: I woke up with a head ache ;_; so figured I'd attempt one little post before going back to bed ><

Lion

Dietrich's free hand fumbled to clasp the lock shut, the demonic mouth nearly severing his fingers in the process.  He dropped the struggling book to the ground and leaned against the wall, holding his hand when he eventually moved toward Artemis.  He just stared at her as she cried, brows furrowed but eventually they softened and he lowered a hand down to her, saying nothing as he tried to coax her to stand.  "Get up," he said in a gentle voice.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

His words broke through the fog of her sadness, gentle and caressing to her ear, a way her father or brother might speak to her. But she did not raise off the ground at first, still letting a few more tears come out before she pushed herself up, but was too weak and leaned against the wall, her eyes lowered as hot tears still slipped down her face.
"What are we going to do?" she asked softly, her voice trembling as she tried to collect herself.

Lion

"There's not much we can do," Dietrich said, letting go of her.  She still had his handkerchief and didn't want to ask for it back considering all the tears and mucus that ended up on it.  She had a hard time not crying.  "He's too powerful for us to fight alone."  He looked down at his feet thinking for a time.  But it didn't take long for him to come to a conclusion.  "I know a man...in my coven who may be able to help us.  We will take the book to Cronus.  He's them most powerful vampire I know and has skill in magics even I couldn't comprehend.  He won't be happy that a human is mixed up in all of this, but he might be able to help us."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn