Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Never Wish, Never Tell

Started by visualspice, April 27, 2013, 09:49:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

At his words about vampires she felt herself growing numb. Oh right..vampires. She still wasn't sure what to believe, but she had seen enough to make her laugh in spite of herself. She simply shook her head.

"Do we have much of a choice?" She turned to him, her eyes wide and the tears finally subsiding. "But even if this would be a demon, you must realize, before today, I never believed in all of this stuff. I never had a reason to. It's just unfathomable all of this came to fruition so fast just by one fateful run through the basement of the old library where I work." Or worked. For all she knew, she'd never work there again. Her future looked bleak as she continued to shake her head. "And how do I know this isn't some sort of nightmare, but if it isn't... oh.. I just don't know." she downcast her eyes, staring down at her feet through long lashes as she sighed.
"I don't even know how comfortable I would feel... meeting more vampires." her lips twitched into an awkward smile that did not keep. "I thought vampires ate humans."She gave another nervous smile. "You know... drinking their blood nad all that." Though when her eyes met to his, she nervously cleared her throat and looked away.  "So... is that what you are?" she asked after a time, a hand gripping herself in a half hug. "A.. vampire?" she timidly raised her dark eyes to meet to his again. Accepting this would be difficult, but if they were to be... partners of sort, cursed one in the same to this book, she supposed she'd have to get used to working with him.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

"You don't believe because of what?  Because it all seems too far-fetched?  Because we are the legends you only hear about in books of wild fantasy and children's fables?  It doesn't matter if you believe in something or not for it to be real, Miss Longfellow, I'm sure you learned that enough tonight." Dietrich said plainly.  "And since we are forced together in this, then perhaps there isn't much room for dishonesty between us."

That was when the magic of his transformation began to fade away.  And his hair transformed into it's original dark auburn and eyes turned back to their normal blue.  Too did his features turn back to their pale, haggard, flesh, tired, wounded, wild and desperate, but Dietrich all the same.  "Now do you believe?  The proof of it all is before your very eyes and still you refuse to open them.  I am Dietrich Chapel and yes I am a vampire.  How I came to be one is a long and unnecessary story.  Furthermore, the man called Cronus is only one possible outlet.  I'm sure there are plenty of others who would know about the book we've come into contact with.  In fact, if we could find one of those other outlets, I would be more than happy.  Me and Cronus are not exactly on the best of terms, shall we say."

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Artemis's face fell, her eyes going wide as saucer's at Dietrich's transformation. She hadn't expected him to be able to change his appearance, or that when his mask was taken off that he'd looked like that. She almost pitied him, and wondered if he chose to hide his appearance on purpose, but then again, that thought was quickly disregarded. Of course he did.
It was a lot to take in, so her mouth hung open a moment longer, moving only slightly as if to speak before she pressed her lips together in a frown.
"So you are a vampire," she released a held breath, it coming out trembling from her lips as she looked away, or more precisely, down at the book with a bit of a pout. It was still hard to swallow, and she had no idea how to respond to any of this. And she was tired, and sore... and just wanted to wake up from this nightmare.
Please let this be a nightmare. was all she could think, but she had a sinking sensation that, naturally, a nightmare this was not. So carefully, she drew in a breath to calm herself and let her eyes raise back to his.
"Please forgive me, I.. I'm still having a hard time swallowing this," and just the act of admitting that set her to tears as she looked away, and recalling the kerchief and began to work at dabbing at her face.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

Dietrich couldn't help the sympathy he felt for this poor pathetic human.  He remembered being very much the same way and he didn't learn to shed his weakness until he died and became a monster.  But perhaps it was just a way of compensating for the gumption he felt he never had in life.  Few people got second chances and those that did often wasted them. 

But he could see that this woman didn't think her tears were sad or pathetic.  It was the only way she could cope in a situation like this.  To each their own, then, he supposed.  But at least the demon had gone back into his book and for now the book laid there, prostrated and tame, the lock having clasped.  But it as only a matter of time before it would move again, he supposed.

"It's all right," he said, summoning the courage to awkwardly put a hand on her shoulder.  His eyes were still hard and he frowned at her.  "But if you want my advice, we should get to someplace safer than this.  The hunters are still after us and no doubt the sun will be rising soon.  I can't linger here much longer.  And I don't know how you can either, considering the stench.  C'mon, we'll find a way out of this."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Sunlight? Oh, dear! She had forgotten how vampire lore worked as she looked up at him with a frown, her eyes searching his, as if sympathetic. She brushed some tears aside as she shook her head.
"But where can we go?" she sighed a second time and glanced down at the book. "And what of the book? Are we to take that with us?" She flinched at the idea, but knew they would have to. She just didn't want to be the one to admit it.

Lion

"I'll carry it.  It's either that or we have it flying toward us no matter where we go.  And I'd hate to have anyone else come by and become involved in this whole mess.  The last thing we need is some stupid beggar coming down here and poking his nose to where it doesn't belong."  Dietrich frowned and patted her shoulder again.  He leaned down and plucked the book from the ground.  It felt like it was breathing, and heavily, labored breath as if tired, tortured and punished.

"We have to get out of the city.  We go to Cronus, Cronus doesn't come to us.  I hope you don't have any prior obligations."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Artemis frowned.
"I do have my family," she said hesitantly. "And my job." she gave a sheepish rub to her arm and sighed. "But I'd hate to get either involved, but I can't just abandon my family." She glanced up at him, not knowing much on what to do. "They need me to work in order to survive. We can't live on just my brother's income and my parents are too sick to work, and my sisters, too young to get jobs that pay all that well and we're trying to get them to learn some schooling at home and, and.."
She shook her head. "Gods, what am I to do!?" but she didn't expect the vampire to have a solution. SHe felt she was at wits end and knew full well her family would suffer if she remained, and would suffer while she was gone on whatever sort of dark adventure this may become.

Lion

Dietrich raised his brows, taken aback.  He honestly didn't expect such a small librarian to have so much trouble.  But everyone had problems, it was a fact.  For him, it was just a small matter of hunters and sunlight and the need to feed every so often.  And power struggles between lessers in the coven, but those were a dime a dozen. 

"I'm sorry.  I didn't know," he said genuinely.  "We'll figure this out.  And we'll get you back to your family in no time.  It must be hard.  But there's not much else we can do but figure this out and either exorcise the demon or kill it entirely.  Demons are...bad stuff.  C'mon let's get out of here, you can cry and walk at the same time can't ya?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Artemis shook her head with a sad smile at their predicmanet, trying to brush her tears away.
"I suppose I can," she admitted, laughing despite herself as she groaned. "Gods, what have I gotten myself into?" She sighed and stared over at the book as he held it. "I don't know if this will be as simple as you say. If I don't show up by tomorrow morning, I might not have a job." she lowered her eyes defeatedly. "They were down sizing, after all. I was to take a pay cut starting next month."

Lion

"Of course it won't be simple and it might take longer than we hope, but it's a start and that's what counts," Dietrich said.  He motioned her to walk along with him as they began down the tunnel again.  He turned and glanced at her searchingly when she mentioned her job at the library and frowned again, hating that he was feeling so much pity for someone so pathetic.  Could he really kick her when she was down?  Yes, of course he would, but he needed them to be on working terms if they were gonna get through this and insulting her now would be counter-productive.

"I don't suppose he offered himself for a pay cut.  No?  I didn't think so.  Economically, speaking, there are plenty of ways to balance the books without taking your pay away.  Maybe they ought to make you work more hours...but well, now look what happened just when the library was closing.  Well, y'know, I...have always had an interest in books and the arcane...perhaps I could 'donate' something to your library.  I'm sure we can come to some sort of arrangement to allow you to keep your job.  Or at least give your family a nicer house.  I imagine it's some rundown little shack."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Artemis was numb to his words, walking along behind him and simply nodding as he spoke. It was hard to tell if she was even registering what he was saying at all. Her mind was on a million things at once, and part of her knew he only mentioned donations to make her feel better. He probably didn't have the funds. And why care? Besides, the library would just gobble the money up. Besides, what sort of money would come from a vampire anyway? And now she was getting a head ache and sighed as she rubbed at her temple.

Lion

"But well, that's a bridge we'll cross if we survive this," Dietrich said with mild sympathy.  It wasn't that he didn't want to give up the fortune he'd amassed during his adventures.  Even the undead had use for money, and if he didn't feel so damned sorry for this woman, he wouldn't have even bothered offering some.  Even if the library just sucked it all up, at least she'd have a job, and maybe a little more because of it. 

As they neared a part of the tunnel that opened up to an aqueduct that spilled out into the city, he noticed a slime, covered ladder beside him and motioned for her to climb up.  "Don't worry about the book, I've got it."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Artemis was still numb, but nodded, registering him asking her to climb up the ladder. Though she had only made it up a few steps when she slipped upon it and fell down, smashing into Dietrich with a yelp.

Lion

Leave it to her to slip and fall.  Thankfully he suspected as much and took a step back to catch her as she fell.  He had an arm around her waist and when he felt she had her feet securely to the ground did he let her go.  "Be careful.  You could hurt yourself."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

OOC: Hey! He's the one that told her to climb up that slimy ladder XD

--------------------------

Artemis's heart was beating a mile a minute. It took her a moment to calm, and it was only when he was holding her did she realize... "Your hands.." She blinked and looked over at him. "They're cold." Her brow furrowed in concern. She was not accustomed to how vampires were, to her, she feared he was getting sick or something... little did she know!

-----------
OOC: Also hope its ok I assumed his skin would be cold >.> though if I'm wrong with how you rp him as a vampire, I can correct it XD

Lion

"Yes.  That happens.  And so are yours.  There is a draft in here after all.  It's very cold in here."  H gripped her hand and felt her pulse there and swallowed hard, containing himself as best he could.  Asaa vampire his skin would be cool to the touch but downhere it would seem almost as cold as death.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

As he held her hand, she felt her cheeks flush.
"I.. I suppose you're right."S he looked away, tucking in her lower lip before glancing up at the ladder. Drawing in a breath, she attempted to climb it again, but her shoes were too slick and she barely made it to the second wrung this time when she slipped and fell once more with a squeak.

OOC: I couldn't resist |8*

Lion

Dietrich grabbed her again and laughed, "I can see this isn't going to work.  Maybe you should just climb onto my back and I'll climb up."  He approached the ladder and motioned for her to put her arms around his neck.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Artemis's face was as red as a beat.
"Er, I think my shoes are too slippery," she admitted with a pout. Though at his suggestion to climb onto his back, she hesitated, staring at him before looking around, then back down to him.
"Well, should I also hold onto the book as well?" she offered, flinching as hse stepped near her, still afraid to just.. wrap her arms around some strange man. Bus she suppose she had little choice. Drawing in a breath, she muttered something to herself before wrapping her arms around him, keeping her face shy and as tucked away from his as possible as she nestled her chin into the back of his neck and left shoulder.

Lion

"No I got it," Dietrich said clutching the book firmly in one arm as he grabbed the slippery rung.  He was strong enough to hold the book and climb the ladder as they went, balancing her as well as the book.  He could feel the awkwardness in the air but thought nothing of it.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn