Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The witch and the whelp. (Tak)

Started by Bedwyr, February 01, 2014, 09:12:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bedwyr

Johnny grunted as he limped forward not sure where he was headed to but sure it was safer than the wolf den. "Dammit.....Why did wolves have to claim that spot....Not like I was hurting them or anything....just wanted to rest.." He said as he struggled to even limp now.

Tak

A house-sized figure appeared on the Horizon.
It was a giant mushroom, with 8 legs protruding from it, for movement. It stopped and looked in the Whelps general direction. A door on the mushroom opened, and out appeared an old fae crone (Faerie Old-person), coincidentally known as Fae Crone.  "What happened to you, dear?"

Bedwyr

".......Yep.....Totally dead..." Johnny sighed. As he looked up at Fae Crone weakly. "Well miss....I was traveling.....Found a cave....Took a nap.....Turned out it was a wolf den..." He said chuckling weakly. "Miss....Do you know where I am?" He asked as he leaned against a tree panting a bit.

Tak

"You're in the Western Highlands. You don't look to good. Come with me." said Crone as she pointed him with her walking stick and walked to her spider-mushroom house. "I have some good stuff for that."

Bedwyr

"Uh....A-Alright..." He responded limping a little forward leaning against the trees for support. He soon managed to find his way to the front door being careful not to track blood onto anything so he just decided to stand there not sure what to do.

Tak

"There's a good one."
She started gathering ingredients, pulling things from shelves. She was 1 third done.
"So what's your name?" asked the With, still gathering stuff.

Bedwyr

"Johnny, Ma'am." He said bowing as much he could given the....circumstances. "I apologize if I any trouble...Didn't mean to...run into your....big....walking....mushroom...." He said trying not to laugh at the sentence he just formed. "I....How exactly is your mushroom moving ma'am?"

Tak

"This is moving the same way that you are moving."
She gathered all the ingredients, but she started mixing some, saying some incantations and mixing herbs. "It moves because it has legs, and it can move because of it."

She was 2 thirds done. "But if you want to know why I have a mushroom with spider-legs, I'd say I grew it."

Bedwyr

"...That is actually very interesting..." He said as he waited patiently outside looking around the inside. "So it's alive? Like it can think?" He asked tilting his head a bit. "But...Wouldn't that mean you hollowed out all it's organs and stuff to make space to live in?"

Tak

"Oh no. This can think as much as a mushroom can. The room and the mushroom are not attached."
She went to a wall and knocked on it. "The inners are harder then the outers. I grew the mushroom around the room, as these kind of mushrooms die every few years. I grew this one a few days ago, actually."

The ingredients slurped together into a bowl, bubbling and sizzling. It was see through, like water, but occasionally it turned a indigo color for a split second. "This is the good stuff. When you wake up , it'll heal all physical damage that doesn't include lost limbs. However, you will need to sleep. Careful, it is quite hot, and it only works when hot, so drink quick."

"Would you like to sleep here for the night? It can grow another bed in half an hour."

Bedwyr

He nodded his thanks gulping the concoction down quickly. "I dunno..I feel as if I already have  been enough trouble as it is." He said honestly. "I wouldn't want to impose any more of a burden then I already have.

Tak

"Nonsense Nonsense nonsense. You are not a burden. You are a treasure. You are a person, and you need to be taken care of. You should be good as goat's milk in the morning."

She got a violet leaf from a shelf. "Chew on this, it halves pain. Just don't swallow, it's disgusting."
The second part was true, however the half-pain claim was simply using the power of belief to make the mind halve it's own pain. However, it would only work if he believed it would.

Bedwyr

He nodded and carefully chewed on it. ".....Taste nice actually..." He said after a while. "I can't thank you enough ma'am....Is there any way I can repay your gratitude?"

Tak

"Gratitude, oh deary? No no no no no. Earth, Air, Water, Fire, they all provide for all of us. I am but a courier of this message of life."

She quickly got some foam and as it solidified... into a pillow. "You can sit there until the bed is made." said the White Witch as she began the bed.

Bedwyr

"..Than you ma'am." He responded bowing a little. "I would bow more..But Injuries and all..." He jested smiling. "Is there anything I can help you with?" He offered as he sat down on the pillow a little trying to keep blood from getting anywhere.

Tak

"No. No. I'm happy with you well, and I don't need any help. Now i shouldn't be long until I get the bed... only a few... half an hour. That should suffice."

Her eyes started glowing a mix of green and blue, and some flowing symbols flowed through the air, before all returned to normal. "That should speed it up a bit"