Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Mending Feathers (Rhi)

Started by wolfie, May 04, 2013, 05:10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolfie

Hearing his word she checked to see if he was running a fever. He was talking crazy so it made sense. She had a feeling he was joking still. It was the only thing that seemed to make any sense on that.

"Don't worry you're not my type," she said keeping a straight face although how she had no idea.

Rhindeer

"And I don't have a fever," Hatame laughed, waving away her hand. He paused and arched a brow at her. "Do I really sound that crazy?"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

wolfie

She chuckled as she took her hand away from him only nodding. It was strange but felt good to be sitting here laughing as if nothing was wrong. She wondered more about this man sitting not far away.

"Are you a Lord from around here or just visiting?"

Rhindeer

"Uh..." Good question. Which was he? Wait, this was Connlaoth. People here tended to run more on the fair side, right? Besides, if he was from here, she might know the names of local lords and such and recognize his own as phony.

"Visiting!" he said with a wave of his hand. "I'm visiting from Adela, of course."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

wolfie

He hesitated again on a question he should have been able to answer quickly. It was like he was trying to decide the best answer possible without arousing her suspicion. It wasn't working. She decided to play along though see what more she could learn from him. He had been in that alley for a reason.

"What is Adela like?" She asked watching him. He would have to tell her something. She wondered if he had ever really been there.

Rhindeer

Now this was a question he didn't have to bullshit.

Hatame waved a hand. "Oh, y'know. I don't know what all of Adela's like, because I've only been to Ketra, but it's a grand place with a very proud, noble people. Also, they have dragons." He wasn't fond of the dragons, though. Dragons made him uneasy. Dragons and gryphons both had the same love of shinies and sometimes that lead to unfortunate confrontations.

The dragons always won.

"But I suppose once you get right down to it, it's like anywhere else, just with different customs and the like. But every place has different customs, so even that's not unusual."

wolfie

"So you are a lord in Ketra? That sounds amazing having dragons. I'm guessing the crime rates there are low," she said just making chit chat with that.

"Oh yes that I do know. I may be born of this land, but I haven't always lived here," she said not sure why she was sharing this with him. She had a feeling he wasn't completely who he said he was. Something was off the way he hesitated. She thought maybe it was the injuries, but usually that was injury to the head.

Rhindeer

[ooc: He didn't say anything about gryphons. xP]

----

"Uh, yeah! That's what I said, right?" Man. He was going to have to get out of here fast, because she was sure asking a lot of questions. While Hatame didn't necessarily think she was suspicious, he also wasn't willing to take risks on the chance that she was.

With a grunt, he sat up and swung his feet over the side of the bed. "I'm not sure about the crime rates. I'm usually off in my estate, oblivious to the outside world and all that. Anyway, miss! Thanks for your help! But I had better get going before I'm missed and people worry, being important and everything!"

wolfie

[ooc: I fixed that.]

----

She noted he was getting a little anxious to leave. She sighed wondering what he was thinking. Surely he wasn't healed that fast that would take either magic or a miracle. She had heard him grunt as he sat up getting ready to stand up again.

"Is that wise? Are you sure you're ready to travel again so soon? Your wound wasn't that minor I do think you should rest awhile longer. If I'm bothering you I can go make another dress I do have a couple due soon," she said wondering why now he was suddenly so ready to leave. She figured she said something that hit a nerve somehow. It only made him look more suspicious.

"If you tell me who to contact I'll do so and let them know you are alright and where you are."

Rhindeer

[ooc: No worries! xD]

---------

"Oh, pish posh, I'm fine!" Hatame said with a flippant wave of his hand and a too-wide grin in an effort to hide his pained grimace. "But I'd just better be off before my, uh, my wife notices I'm gone and all! It's probably best not to contact the little lady--let's just keep this incident between you and me, hm? No need to worry her needlessly!"

wolfie

She heard what he said. It wasn't something she expected though he had someone else in his life married and all. She didn't believe he was okay though it was the biggest bolonie she had ever heard before.

"Do you have some place to stay nearby? I don't think its wise you travel home just yet. You can downplay it all you like, but I do know you fainted last night. I think you should rest just awhile longer," she said knowing he wouldn't listen. Most didn't. She still wasn't sure she believed the whole lord thing for this guy.

Rhindeer

Crap, she wasn't buying it, was she?

Worse yet, his body wasn't buying it. He struggled to rise to his feet, but pain lanced through his side and had him hissing through clenched teeth. Worse, he was dizzy as hell, and all his effort did was exhaust him. Sweat beaded on his brow and, finally, he was forced to admit defeat and sit back down.

For now.

"Drat," he muttered, rubbing at his face. "I swear it didn't look that bad."

wolfie

She just sat there knowing that nature would help her in this. She waited to see what he would do and wasn't surprised to see him try to ignore her words and leave. When he was down again she didn't give an 'I told you so' in any form. This guy was suffering enough.

"So, who would you like me to contact?" She asked keeping a straight face, which wasn't easy to do.

"Looks can be deceiving."

Rhindeer

Hatame let out an exaggerated sigh and flopped back against the pillows. "No one," he said. "No need to worry anyone. I, ah...I'll just tell dear Mabel I was out drinking again and she'll never know the difference."

wolfie

It was strange. One minute he wasn't any good with coming up with answers to his life so fast and the next he was okay at it. This didn't sit right with her, but she had no proof which she could call him on. All she had was an instinct, and she wasn't even sure about that.

"There is someone here to see you. A guard who says you know him," the girl who watched the counter said appearing just outside the room calling in. She sighed. Time to placate him in knowing nothing of what I stole. Shouldn't be too hard. She thought and got up.

"I'll come check on you again in a few minutes gotta go talk to my friend," she said leaving him alone. She casually walked out to see which friend it was. She had a feeling he was no friend at all, and proved right when she saw him.

"Here for a nice dress I bet I could match those brown eyes with something that would do wonders for your figure," she said always taking every opportunity to hassle the guy. He sighed and shook his head.

"Routine we had a couple of robberies last night. Know anything about that?" He said being his usual stick in the mud. She shook her head knowing they had no proof. Wait he said that as in more than one.

"Sorry I was here sewing as usual the dresses don't make themselves. You sure you don't want that pretty dress might look better than your uniform," she said seeing he hated this. It was pure pleasure for her. She noticed the other guard was trying not to laugh. This couldn't be more perfect.

"You sure you didn't go out last night? I heard you were wandering the streets late," he said fishing as always. She liked that he did some work.

"Ah the gossip mills again. You should find better sources. So what's this about robberies? I know since you are dress shopping they must have already caught the thieves," she said seeing him walk out. It was perfect.

"Just be careful I know a certain somebody who would be upset if anything happened to you or your shop. We won't eat well for a week at least," the other guard said before leaving as well. Once they were gone she returned to her visitor sitting again in the same chair.

"Do you want anything? I might have something for the pain."

Rhindeer

A guard?

Hatame tensed and strained his ears to listen when the girl left, but their conversation was muffled. And then, with a jolt of horror, he remembered the necklaces hanging from his neck and the rings on his fingers. SHIT!

He yanked them off and shoved them into his pockets and then, with a pained hiss, he forced himself to his feet. Guards. There was only one reason he could think of that a guard would waste time visiting a seamstress's shop, unless they were looking for a dress for their wife, and he highly doubted that. News of the robbery would have gotten out by now.

Though he couldn't straighten up completely, Hatame still managed to hobble about the room, searching for a window or an escape route. And that was also the precise moment that Ewara returned.

Hatame jolted, gave a groan of pain in response, and looked over at her. Her question went unanswered; he was more concerned with the answer to a question of his own.

"Are they gone?"

wolfie

She returned alright only she hadn't expected him to be up and about the room. Something was off, then she noted that he wasn't wearing the rings and necklace like before. An alarm went off in her head.

"What are you doing? You should be resting in bed. Where did you rings and things go?" She said taking her seat again. If he wanted to hurt himself like that she wasn't about to rush to his rescue. He had ignored her question about something for the pain. She figured he couldn't be hurting too badly if he was looking around the room for something.

"Who? Oh the idiot yeah he's gone and his sidekick too. I can't ever convince him he needs that dress in the window," she said a smile at the corner of her lips.

"What are you looking for?"

Rhindeer

Hatame smiled brightly, though his posture was stiff. "Oh, just, you know...not eavesdropping!" He took a seat back on the bed and patted his pockets.

"No worries, no worries, everything's still safe and sound, right here. You can never be too careful, you see. And just between you and me," he lowered his voice, "some guards are crooks. Don't let anyone fool you! Guards are still people, after all. A man's got to do what he can to protect his assets, and besides..."

Here he feigned discomfort. "The man that attacked me was in uniform. It was too dark to really see so I don't want to imply anything, but..."

But he was totally implying it.

wolfie

She didn't like what he was saying. Guards crooks? It wasn't like that around her. She had learned about a few of the guards around and knew a couple by name. Some she would go drinking with. None of them had ever attacked her. She wasn't sure exactly why that was, but then again she had a feeling it was a certain lady she had come to know.

"Is that right? What a shame they can't just make their paychecks and go home," she said playing into it. She wondered if she got the guards name if she could see him go without really good food for awhile. Someone like that needed reported.

Rhindeer

"Yeah, such a shame! Now, I'm not saying the guy that attacked me was a guard, you know? Maybe he just stole a uniform. But if he was...well...they oughta start paying the guys more," Hatame said with a firm nod.