Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Werewolf Goes Hunting ((RhiRhi and Scythe))

Started by Sumae, May 06, 2013, 12:24:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sumae

It was early in the morning and Ginn was hunting through the forests.  She was in her werewolf form, the large black she-wolf a sight to behold as she raced over the ground with powerful muscles.  Rabbits and deer went down like they were nothing.  She had a whole pile of dead animals near the edge of the forest where an old rickety carriage and a horse waited for her.  She was a hunter by trade and a tanner and she was getting ready to tan a bunch of skins to trade with. 

She stopped at a creek bed and sat down on her haunches, leaning towards the water to get a drink.  She was kind of hungry, she hadn't allowed herself to eat any of her prey, so when a few fish swam by she cleverly caught them and gobbled them up, not quite filling her belly but satisfying her hunger.  She rolled in the dirt a bit, enjoying the sensation, she had earned a good break by now.

It felt good to roll about in the dirt and mud and quickly she got up and bounded into the creek, giving into the canine pleasure of running around like a nut in the water and mud and just playing.

Scythe-Nova

Iron felt herself stir from the nap she had been taking by the alluring smell of prey, This made her rise from her hiding spot in the forest. She shook off her drowsiness as she took her first lumbering steps towards the source of the smell, and after the drowsiness were gone she took off in a sprint towards her target.

"What is that other smell though?"

She thought as she broke through the foliage next to the carriage skidding out on the road, she were almost in the same height as the horse who she growled threatingly at as she took an intimidating step foward and whipped up some dust with her tail as she readied herself to pounce the horse. Still as she readied to pounce she felt a nagging thought about that other smell which made her simply stand there and consider her move but she stared the horse down to make sure it would not run away.

Sumae

Ginn's horse was a battle horse, (as if Ginn would have any other sort of horse) so when the were wolf came at the horse rather than running, Ginn's battle stead, Kiarra reared up on her hind legs kicking her hooves out threateningly and let out a loud whinny that was a call to her master. 

Ginn shot out of the water like an arrow, her fangs bared, cursing herself for straying to long fooling around.  She broke from the trees and saw another were wolf at her pile of dead beasts and horse and carriage.  Not only was the other werewolf there, but it was threatening Kiarra. 

Ginn steadied herself and snarled launched her whole body at the intruder with all of her powerful muscles and heavy weight.

Rhindeer

Raxta didn't want to be here.

This was a strange, foreign world to her, so different from the jungles she had been whisked out of, captured by a hunter for her skin. But he had gotten more than he'd bargained for, not realizing that she could shift to sort of human form--and that in that form she had dexterous fingers capable of manipulating locks.

But it was too late. She had found herself in a strange new world, and she wanted out of it. Here the colors were all wrong and she stood out like an albino would in the jungles, and there were too few trees, and it was too dry. Even the prey was different, and if all left her feeling more skittish than usual.

She was lounging high in the branches of a tree when it happened, in human form with her back against the trunk and her legs and tail danging down freely. She must have dozed off for longer than she'd planned because the commotion below snapped her awake, ears going flat and tail going rigid.

It wasn't happening directly below her; the battle had broken out just outside the line of trees and, staring, she saw two wolves and a large hoofed beast.

Erk. This was...clearly not a good place to be, and suddenly she felt far too exposed.

Picking herself up carefully, balancing steadily on the branch, Raxta dug her claws into the side of the tree and began to climb higher, eager to disappear into the thicker leaves. But these trees were not like the ones she was used to--they were weaker, more brittle--and when she pulled herself up onto a higher branch, it gave a loud, heart-stopping crack, and with a yowl she plummeted.

It was a less than graceful fall, and the only thing that saved her from snapped bones were the branches below her, which painfully broke her fall. Twisting desperately, she managed to get her body turned around and landed hard on her feet and turned it into a tumble to soften the impact.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Scythe-Nova

Iron were about to launch herself at the horse when her ears caught something comming out of the forest, and as soon as she were about to turn towards whatever it were it had pounced at her. Iron's eyes widened when she saw the other wolf and her nose also registered the smell of a werewolf, and that were as far as she could think before the other wolf crashed into her. But much to the other wolfs dissappointment Iron did not move that far from the chrash, she did not even fall over though she had been pushed to the side away from the horse. The reason fro this were Iron's superior wheight due to her Iron like fur, the crash did not hurt her either but the force imparted would probably give her some bruises.

-"... I do not understand you Homids, playing with other humans and keeping prey as pets.."

She said as she shifted into her human form and turned towards the other werewolf, She looked with hard eyes towards the other werewolf. She were about to speak again but were interupted when something tumbled down from a tree in a fall, Iron did not turn her head towards the new creature that had come into wiew but she looked at the newcommer carefully because she did not want to ignore the other werewolf. This one did not smell of this land but there were still some kind of smell that felt familiar however she could not tell what it were.

Sumae

What the hell?  The werewolf was as hard as iron.  Ginn was pretty sure she was more hurt by the crash than the other were wolf which when you thought about it, really sucked.  She fell onto the ground with a tumbling heap and a startled whine, quickly getting up and attempting to shake it off.  She had just gotten back into battle stance, snarling and trying to figure out some way to get this were wolf away when all of a sudden out of the trees above there came tumbling down a smelled like some sort of were jaguar, but Ginn wasn't sure as she had never come into contact with anything like it.  Which wasn't all that surprising because...this was not exactly a common occurrence in this forest.
Then the other werewolf spoke and Ginn switched her attention back to her. 

"I make a living and have a comfortable life.  Don't you know better than to play with other people's things?" She snarled at her, aggravated because she really didn't have the faintest idea how she would beat something with fur like iron in a fight. 

She turned her attention back to the jaguar creature. 

"What are you doing here?  Trying to make a snack out of my already caught prey as well?  Or my horse?  Vultures, the lot of you." She spat.

Rhindeer

Raxta scrambled to her feet and put her back against the tree, teeth bared defensively. For a moment she considered shifting, but it was a choice between taking the time to undress, or getting tangled in her clothes--and if those wolves were a threat, that was precious time wasted. She could climb that tree faster in this form than she could shift, anyway.

Her tail twitched and her ears pinned back, pupils dilated. Her claws extended, less because she wanted to fight--she didn't--and more because she was ready to climb that tree at the first sign of aggression.

"Vulture? No!" She was certainly not! She growled. "I don't want your meat!"

As for why she was there? She made a frustrated sound.

"And I didn't want to be here."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Scythe-Nova

Iron watched the other creature with them but looked back at the other werewolf when she called her a vulture, She growled viciously as she gave the other werewolf a hard gaze with her clear yellow eyes and clenched her fists hard enough to make them produce a slight cracking sound.

-"Hardly, but you should not leave your prey unguarded, you have no one but yourself to blame that someone tried to take you prey..."

She looked at the pile of dead prey animals on the cart before looking back at the other werewolf and tilted her head, She had almost forgotten all about the other person on the scene until he spoke which made her gaze sideways at the person before looking back at the other werewolf.

-"Besides there's no way you could eat all that meat before it went bad..."

Sumae

"My prey was being guarded by my horse thank you very much.  As a battle trained beast my horse is capable of watching my game for me.  And I'm not going to eat it, well once I tear it open the meat is going to make some nice stew, but the skins I'm going to tan and sell to humans for money.  You do know what money is, don't you?  I live a comfortable life."

She sniffed indignantly at Iron.

She turned her attention to the other creature.  "IF you don't want to be here, then what are you doing here?"

Rhindeer

Whatever quarrel those two had with each other, Raxta did not want to get involved. It was not her business, and though she was a predator, she hated confrontation. Her method was one that relied on stealth and surprise from above, not on taking prey head-on as wolves did.

She shifted uncomfortably, eyes moving between the two as they bickered--at least, until one spoke to her. She stiffened.

"I'm not sure," she answered, rubbing her arm. "I'm trying to get home."

Scythe-Nova

-"Money? No i do not know what that is, but then again i don't care much for the inventions of humans"

Iron said with a huff as she looked towards the horse and raised an eyebrow at it, Battle trained? horses cant be worth much as "fighters" she thought as she crossed her arms and then looked towards the other person who she knew not what she was.

-"What are you? You don't smell like this land"

She asked with a growl after a while as she tilted her head and looked at the much thinner woman with a raised eyebrow.

Sumae

"As if I couldn't tell that you wouldn't know what money was."  She said with a snort.

"She just said she wasn't from here, that she was trying to get home.  No need to be rude,"  she turned to the other woman, "so you are trying to get home?  Well, do you remember how you got here in the first place?  What happened to you?" 

Rhindeer

As a being that was normally a loner, Raxta felt very put on the spot and a little overwhelmed, backed against that tree with two sets of eyes on her.

"Ah..." Oh, the reason sounded so stupid in her head! She still felt foolish for it having happened in the first place! "Hunters," she finally admitted, looking away, her cheeks darkening slightly. "I, um...I got caught? And they brought me here."

It was a blow to her pride, as well, hunter becoming the hunted. Her tail gave an irritated lash. "Where is 'here', anyway?" And then, glancing back at the two, she admitted in a grumble, "I slept through the journey."

Though it wasn't quite sleeping so much as a drug-induced stupor.

Scythe-Nova

-"The humans calls this area Serendipity.."

Iron said when the thin woman asked where here was and looked at her with a calm gaze before scratching behind her ear a bit. She then shifted her gaze to the other werewolf and then back to the thin woman.

-"do you have a name?"

She then asked but she did not direct the question towards just one of the strangers but both of them. She slowly moved her right shoulder as if to check how sore it were after the body slam she had recieved from the other werewolf earlier.

Sumae

"You got caught?  That's too bad.  My name is Ginn.  As I said earlier I've been hunting for hides to make into furs.  It's not so bad around here, I'm sure you could get used to it."  Ginn assured the other woman as well as introducing herself to the entire group. 

Ginn noticed the other were wolf moving her shoulder where Ginn had launched herself at her.  Well, made of Iron the were wolf might be but at least Ginn had inflicted some small amount of damage.

Rhindeer

ooc: Haha, Raxta is more stocky than thin. xD
------

"It's Raxta," she answered, and, still feeling an uncomfortable sort of tension between the two, looked from Ginn to the strange metal one and back.

"Ah...am I interrupting anything?"

Scythe-Nova

-"My given name is Beast in Iron"

Iron said lastly following tradition to give ones name if someone gives theirs to her, Something seemed to bother her about the other werewolf though. A name is not taken but given to one by the rest of the tribe, that's how it was in her parent tribe anyways.

-"No you're not.. But you said that you were here for hunting? Then you did not hear the call?"

She asked and looked at Ginn with an raised eyebrow as she stopped massaging her shoulder since the pain had gone away, The call she were reffering to was a call that signified the forming of a new pack.

((OOC: dunno about the call really but i'll roll with it XD))