Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Princess in the Sands

Started by visualspice, May 09, 2013, 11:00:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Ne'friss gasped when Kaneo stepped forward to assist, but instead of helping her adjust the beads so she was actually made modest, she found he was actually beginning to take them off!

"AYA! WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?" she roared in Essyrni, slapping his hand  and rearing away. Her hands now clutched onto her beaded clothing, forcing the beads to clatter together as her eyes flared with rage.
"Didn't I just tell you NOT to touch me!?" she hissed in common.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Czaranis

Kaneo, now completely bewildered, stepped back, using his wings to balance on the thinner part of the branch. The Essyrni culture must have been very different from his own...he guessed it was probably a good idea to respect the girl's culture, and leave her outlandish, concealing garb alone.
"Sorry," he said. "I - I not right know Essyrn culture. Sorry."

visualspice

Ne'friss narrowed her gaze sharply at the boy, raising up her chin in arrogance, even through the boy's apology. His horrible common was also still grating on her nerves. She wondered if she'd ever get used to it. Probably not.
"Yes, Essyrni culture shows respect. Besides," she said, with a wave of her hand. "I'm a merchant princess." The title came out almost like a hiss. "Men are to look at me, but never to touch. Only I can say when one is allowed." Really, how barbaric was this island nation of people anyway?
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Czaranis

Kaneo didn't really understand what Ne'friss was saying, but he got the gist - he was not to touch her. He nodded, shrugged, and then leapt to a higher, thinner branch, gathering sticks and leaves to make a shelter. After a few minutes, he flew down, and began to build a small teepee, big enough for the two of them, at the base of the branch. There was an opening just large enough for Kaneo to crawl through with his wings, outside of which he left his knife and bag with the remaining fruit and nuts in it. He covered the floor of the shelter with a dexterously-crafted mat of large leaves.

visualspice

While Kaneo worked, Ne'friss was soon growing bored as she idly plucked away any dirt or smudges on her beaded clothing. She wasn't about to lift a finger to help (not that she would be able to anyways, nor was it in her personality to do so) so she simply yawned and leaned back into the tree, until her eyes grew heavy and she had suddenly fallen asleep.

Czaranis

By the time the shelter was finished, Kaneo noticed that Ne'friss was asleep. Gently, being careful not to wake her up, he moved the girl into the shelter and laid her down, leaving enough room for him to sleep. Kaneo left the shelter for a while, and circled the tree for a while, silhouetted against the setting sun. When it finally began to get dark, and he heard the sounds of the night predators beginning to awaken, he landed again. The Yoreiqi returned to the shelter, and curled up next to Ne'friss, being careful not to touch the beautiful princess. As he fell asleep, the last thing Kaneo saw was the final vestiges of the setting sun accenting her beauteous features.

visualspice

They might have been in the tropics, but at night, it had gotten dreadfully cold. Ne'friss hadn't truly awoken, but just enough to find herself snuggling in against Kaneo, where her body settled back into a sigh once she was enjoying his body heat against her own. Then back off to sleep she went, only awakened once by the sudden hooting howl of a night time creature. She sat up in alarm, her head smacking off of Kaneo as she winced in pain and rubbed at her head, swearing in Essyrni.

"What was that!?"

Czaranis

Kaneo awoke abruptly to find Ne'friss much closer than when he had fallen asleep, but angry, asking him about something. The cry of the heotal came again, and he informed her,
"Was heotal. No danger. He only hunt on floor." Kaneo smiled reassuringly in the dark, and tried to go back to sleep.

visualspice

Ne'friss looked around, startled by the cry again as she leaned in closer towards Kaneo.
"Yes, but what is heotal?" she asked angrily. Her heart was racing a mile a minute. How could this man just go back to sleep when something that made such a dreadful noise was a foot!?

Czaranis

Kaneo opened his eyes again, surprised by the question.
"Heotal...large beast. Knife hands, knife mouth. Very fast. Eat meat. But he only on floor, and only at night - eyes hurt with sun. Sometime we fly, laugh him. He no danger."

visualspice

As Kaneo explained, it didn't help Ne'friss feel much better.
"So you're saying some creature with sharp hands and mouth is lurking and we shouldn't worry about it?" Well, to be fair, Kaneohad given her fair warning about why they were sleeping in trees. But she couldn't help herself but worry as she sat there, drawing her knees against her belly as she stared down at the darkness below the trees. And when the howl came again, followed by another monstrous hiss, she found herself clinging onto Kaneo's arm.

"Can't you... you make these creatures go away so we can sleep?" She was pretty sure she wouldn't be able to sleep through the night knowing those things were out there.

Czaranis

Kaneo frowned.
"No...sorry. Need fire, shouts, more wing people. Alone, I only bring more beasts." He looked back at her. "Will be fine. No worry. Sleep?" Despite her earlier demands, Ne'friss was now clinging onto his arm, so Kaneo laid a comforting hand on her shoulder, and smiled, lit by the faint moonlight as Ne'friss looked out, worried, over the jungle.

visualspice

Ne'friss continued to frown. Kaneo's words did not comfort her.
"Then if we're stuck like this," she began, scooting herself closer to him so her skin sealed against his side. "Then you have to stay close and protect me." It wasn't a question, rather an order, and she didn't even bother to glance his way as she cast her green eyes warily out into the darkness of the jungle, her heart still beating fast.

Czaranis

Kaneo, recognising the word protect if nothing else, in his tired state, put an arm round Ne'friss's shoulder reassuringly.
"Alright," he said, "but we need sleep for next day journey, no?" He drew back into the dark of the shelter, away from the opening. "My knife close - we fine," Kaneo assured her.

visualspice

Ne'friss wasn't quite as reassured as he was, but his confidence was at least a little comforting. Sighing, she shook her head, the beads rattling in her hair.
"And just what would a knife do against a beast?" she asked, finally turning to look at him.

Czaranis

"I fly - down, stab, up, down, stab, up, down, stab, up," he told her. "Now we sleep?" Truth be told, Kaneo was getting tired, and just wanted to sleep - he was actually a lot less confident than he said, and kept the knowledge of certain beasts from Ne'friss to avoid scaring her needlessly. Like the ones that could climb.

visualspice

Ne'friss blinked as he explained. She wasn't stupid. She didn't need all of the directions he was spitting out at her as she narrowed her gaze.
"Perhaps you ought to stay awake and be on watch." she siad, pushing him with her arm. "Just to make sure none of them decide to grow wings and come up here and snack on us." She said, tearing her eyes away from him only whens he heard another hiss inside the tree, but for all she knew, it might have just been the wind. Ugh, her heart was beating a million miles a minute, and despite herself, she was clinging onto Kaneo's arm again.

Czaranis

"We fine," he insisted, "and truth, I tired. No danger. Sleep." Kaneo laid down in the shelter, and tried to close his eyes.

visualspice

Ne'friss, agitated over her fear, and this man's blatant ignorance towards it, balled her hands into fists and struck him harshly across the shoulder.
"I command you to stay up on watch!" she shouted, so angry her fists began to shake.

Czaranis

Not really feeling the blow, Kaneo sensed her anger nonetheless and acquiesced.
"Alright, I watch." He sat at the entrance to the shelter, looking off into the jungle. The Yoreiqi planned to go to sleep as soon as Ne'friss did, but he wasn't exactly going to tell her that.

Making the most of the time before she fell asleep, he flew up the tree a bit and broke off a branch about three feet long, and an inch in diameter, and tied his bone knife to the tip with a thin vine, making a spear. If he did need to fight - although Kaneo doubted this would be the case - then this would make a better weapon than his knife alone. He sat outside the shelter again, and waited for Ne'friss to sleep.