Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Bucket of Fish

Started by visualspice, May 09, 2013, 09:05:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

"But the bread was really tasty!" Feni'tat commented, his smile ever growing, but at her question, he tilted his head curiously, and frowned a bit when she then mentioned having to leave.
"Do you need to be somewhere?"
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Eveline

"Not exactly... But I don't exactly fit in here... Plus I may or may not have stolen that guards bracelet..." Grinned tossing him the chain, "Don't worry I didn't really steal that... From the guard at least. I ran into some man after stealing that bread." Laughed "So I haven't made a very good reputation of myself here." She shrugged. If there was no place to hide from prying eyes, the best idea was to leave. That look on his face almost killed her to have to say it though. She just met the kid but already in pained her to go. After what he did for her, she decides to leave him?

visualspice

Feni'tat blinked and caught the bracelet, staring down at it with his eyes going cross-eyed. But then at her mentioning of a reputation he simply nodded.
"I don't think I'm welcome in towns either," he said, rubbing at his shoulder, near to where his black wings connected on his back. "It seems most towns aren't too keen to those who are hungry. Even if you offer to help." He pouted at the idea, his wings wilting a little.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Eveline

A frown worked its way onto her face. She looked at him carefully before speaking "... What are you?" She asked him curiously. His wings were still noticeable even though he had them folded behind his back. Wings like an angel would have, except they were black. And that collar... "And why are you wearing a collar?" Made a face. She stood up and leaned closer to him, looking at the collar again.

visualspice

Feni'tat blinked when the conversation turned to him ( And his wings). He looked at them from over his shoulder, then went cross eyed as he tried to look at his collar on his neck, but said nothing as his eyes drifted away. He was staring at the river now, appearing a lot sadder than usual. After all, this entire time he was rather clingy and bubbly, but it was obvious what he was, and the collar, all of it struck a cord.
But he only shrugged.

"I don't know. I can't remember." He gave a light scratch to the skin on his neck near the metal collar. "I don't remember much about where I'm from. I always thought I was just a normal human until.." his wings twitched nervously as he looked shamefully away. "Well, I didn't even know I had wings. I don't even know what controls them. They just come out from time to time, and disappear just as fast." He then gave a light laugh, his smile returning. "So I suppose that makes me something slightly different than most of the humans, huh?"

Eveline

Eleni notices his frown and sits down looking at the river as well. She knew how he must've felt . She had been raised by a stranger, tossed into the street, and found out she was half demon when she accidentally burned herself and a man when she was 11.
       The demon girl stayed silent, simply watching the water flow through the river. She didn't rip her eyes away from the scene as she spoke. "I remember everything... But... I never knew my parents." She said quietly, "I always knew I was different too..." Eleni finally turned towards him, "I'm sorry you didn't know about that. It's kinda scary at first, huh?" She smiled lightly, "I guess it does."

visualspice

Scary was an understatement...
As he thought back to that fateful day, remembering how he tore those people apart-
the sound of breaking bones, of tearing bodies, the warm smell of blood and battered flesh, he visibly tensed and felt ill. Tears went to his eyes, but he looked away. He had to find a reason to smile again. He did. No, no, no. He could not get upset or angry..
Lest that dormant power come out again.

So he thought about something else..
his wings..
And unfolded them a moment and gave a laugh, though his back was still to her. It would take some time,just a moment, for his tears to fade away.
"Wel, the wings were certainly scary at first, but they can be very useful. I'm not sure how they work exactly, but they definitely helped us out today." he turned to her with a grin. "How are you different?" he blinked, face twisting curiously. "You seem normal to me, or do you have wings as well?" His smile brightened at that. It would be interesting to find someone like him!

Eveline

She smiled, "I, uh..." Her smile faltered. What if he turned on her? Most people did when they realized what she was. "Let's just say I have red eyes for a reason," She left it at that. After all, imagine how he would react if he found out she was a demon. It wasn't a title she could wave around in pride. Demons represented evil- death. She represented the opposite of light; the opposite of hope. Eleni hated it, but she embraced it after a while. There were times it had gotten out of control. Times where she would find herself curled onto the side of a wall covered in blood... Drenched in regret and dread. Nightmares from those times never left her, either. Soon, she could hear their screams in her head; those poor people's pleads and cries clawing at her mind. Lifeless eyes and corpses throughout the silent town... She still saw the blood on her fingertips at times.
     The fist time she realized her powers didn't leave her unscarred either. Literally. Burn marks ran up her arms... And that man...! Eleni shook her head violently, tears forming. All those memories seemed to stay fresh in her mind.
     She couldn't tell him what she had done, what she was. He would run away from her; leave her alone like everyone always did. So, the shaken girl wiped the tears from her eyes and prayed he hadn't seen. She really was weaker than she liked to believe.

visualspice

Feni'tat gave a curious tilt to his head.
"Oh, do red eyes come from another country? Where are you from, anyways?" He had no idea. It wasn't like he could see his own eyes turning red when he transformed to his darker side, but he did notice the tears in her eyes and frowned. Placing a hand upon her shoulder, he asked, "Hey, are you ok? I didn't mean to scare you. If I could put away my wings I would." And they drooped uneasily against his back, making him appear even sadder and concerned than before.

Eveline

"It's fine, it's not your wings." Assures him. After keeping so much locked up, small things seemed to get to her. She turned back to him, a nonchalant look painted across her face again. Her heart ached seeing him look so troubled. The worst part was she knew she has caused it.
      Eleni readjusted her cloak, "I've caused you enough trouble, I'll be going." Announced quietly, taking a step in the other direction.

visualspice

Feni'tat stared at her, sensing her melancholy with a frown. She seemed to avoid the question about her eyes and where she was from. Perhaps she was running away from something? He was too.. well sort of. More or less he was just afraid.. of himself.
Then when she moved to leave, his eyes widened a bit. "But you haven't caused any more trouble than I would have done." ANd he hadn't noticed he clutched onto her hand. He was just used to clinging to people, and he was over whelmed with sadness, and the fear of being alone, that he just naturally clung to her hand. He liked her and well, he was hoping he'd at least find some sort of friend. Although he had been wrong before... he looked up at her with a bit of a pout.
"Are you sure you'll be ok?" maybe he could assist her getting out of the city? This place was being a jerk anyway!

Eveline

The girl looked at him as he gripped her hands. She could see the desperation and loneliness that lingered in his bright blue eyes. Eli sighed. "I'll be fine." She needed to stop this. Staying just a little too long in a place and having someone trick her into thinking they want her around. Honestly, the happy boy amused her and interested her. Maybe it wouldn't be too bad to let him hang around... Oh, she was going to regret this!
"... You can come with me... If you want... You did say you didn't feel welcome here either..." Looks at him hesitantly.

visualspice

Feni'tat's eyes lit up at her invitation.
"I can come with you?" he said, and the happiness was just about exploding from him as he leaped forward and clung to her, his cheek snuggling affectionately against hers as he held her tight. "Thank you, Eleni, thank you!" ANd he gave a few happy thumps of his foot.

Eveline

The girl blushes deeply "I-It's no problem..." She squirmed a bit as he clung to her. She needed to get used to this physical contact thing, Huh? She wondered exactly how this would work out, but momentarily pushed the thought aside. Right now she was still trying to pry the boy off of her...

visualspice

Feni'tat was still clinging to her, snuggling away and seemingly unaware that she wanted him to get off.
"I'm so happy! I rarely have traveling companions. Oh, boy!" And the young man was so full of elation, if he had a tail like a puppy, he'd be wagging it furiously. Though instead, it seemed the wings on his back might do the same, as they remained hanging beautifully against him. They seemed almost like angel wings, if not for the color that was black as night- but still beautiful and perfect none the less, appearing as if not a single feather had ever been ruffled or misplaced.
"So where are we going?" he said when he finally released her from his grasp.

Eveline

Eli has never had a traveling companion. She had given up on trying to make him let go and instead let him hug her, her face flushed. How could he be so happy..? She gave a sigh of relief as Feni let go of her. She fixed her cloak and shrugged "Away from here," She stated simply. She usually walked until she found a decent destination. As long as she found food and water, she was good.
   She looked down the river, trying to imagine where it ended. Her eyes shone, their bright scarlet color glimmering in the light. The demon girl ran a hand through her white hair and sighed looking back over at him.

visualspice

Feni noticed her glancing at the river.
"It's nice isn't it. And pretty in the way it distorts the world, as if taking the colors and making them run, like paints across the waters surface." Bending over, he swept a hand against the tops of the air so that his shadow stroked across the water, but it was too far for him to simply reach down and touch, due to the stone wall that kept it tamed while running through the city. But then he had an idea and perked up and looked over at her.
"Say, we could follow the river!" he said, pointing at it and letting his eyes follow it down the way. "You know," he gave a shrug. "To see where it goes!"

Eveline

A smile tugged at her lips. She peered over the wall looking at the running river "We should!" Her curiosity peaked, "Where do you think it'll lead?" She looked over at him anxiously. The breeze blew across the river making its flow look even more spectacular. He was right. The river seemed to pull everything together... She looked at the water to see her reflection. She frowned a bit as her eyes glowed for a split second before returning to their normal state. Why was it that all she saw in her reflection... Was a monster...?

visualspice

"Maybe it'll lead to a nicer town?" Feni'tat mused as he gave an itchy scratch to his hair. Then smiling, he added while patting her on the shoulder. "Either way, it should prove to be fun. Shall we be off then?" And he tilted his head, giving a happy grin.

Eveline

"Hm?" She pulled her gaze from the water and looked at him "Oh, yeah." She faked a smile and stood up straighter. She stood there awkwardly for a bit before starting to walk down the path that the small stone wall lead.