Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Restless Dead [open]

Started by Nemo, May 11, 2013, 04:13:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nemo

Dark - that was what swallowed her up when... It happened. Even now, Lady Muriel of Adela was having trouble making sense of the events she was sure... Killed her. There was a white-hot flash of pain, then numbness. She'd felt something pulling at her spirit, but the ghosts of Fell did that anyway in the depths so of course she'd resisted. Someone said something to her... He'd sounded so irritable... But she'd put that down to victory. But... Why was there a dull ache in her breast? Why did she feel heavy? She wasnt sure, but pain and heaviness were not usual in these situations. She tried to open her eyes, to move... But she felt so tired... So weak and her armor was so heavy...

Focus! Focus!

After concentration, she finally wiggled a finger and felt like she might die! Good thing she was dead already, supposedly! But this was an odd death... She couldnt be having with this. This was NOT the promised land, that was for damn sure, and she'd be blown if she'd give up for an eternity of this... This... Thisness! She recovered eventually... and tried again... and it was easier this time. And again she tried... and again...

It was some time before the darkness fled... She had no idea how long... She had no measure of time up until that moment, but the sight that immediately met her vision was a terrifying spectral mask of horror, wheezing eerily an hovering midair at about eye level. Being dead was new to Muriel... But some things just come naturally. When the vision shrieked and opened a maw of daggers and tentacles, she lifted her arm... And calmly grabbed a fistful of whatever looked sensitive, tearing at the hellish apparition with a horrible noise, driving the spectral terror to recoil in self defense. It looked shocked, pained, and incredulous at what was supposed to be prey on a stick (she was dangling about four feet off the ground by a blade in her chest - her own greatsword, she realized)

It yammered something insanely, briefly looking female and comprehensible before again twisting into something horrible. Spectral, projectile liquid madness splattered over her breastplate and gear. She couldn't understand... not the language or the apparent flow of the gibberish, but she did understand rage when she saw it, and adjusted herself to get more into position. Could she move her legs? She would find out.

Disgust at the Bhut (mad spirit of a lost traveler) and apprehension at her own mortal state transmuted into anger... and as the vision reached out, sought to harm her, she kicked out and struck the hellish thing squarely in the jaw with a foot that was... absolutely, irretrievably solid for the ghost, just as her ripping hand had been! This knocked it, and a second kick, axing downward, sent the thing to the floor with a spectral crunch, discorporeating it it the moment it hit the ground with a supernatural splat.

"Eat it, sunshine" she hissed "Take that as an item of faith in my complete lack of a sense of humor."

visualspice

The Fell.. by the GODS this was the last place he wanted to be! Lord Amalin was thoroughly agitated, his coats and pants having suffered a lot of grievous stains and tears during his journey, a journey that was sore and long. He knew it would take his maid Tilly even more time to mend them (or curses, he'd probably have to get new measurements and buy another pair. It figured...) So as he continued to press forward, the trail too arduous for the carriage, so he stepped outside onto the rocky terrain and gave a shiver.

Of course the winds were cold. And of course he had to start decomposing a lot sooner than anticipated. He just hoped this place didn't mess up his decomposing cycles (Gods, that would be a mess!) Thankfully, most of his decomposing started on the inside, but he made sure he wore his gloves (the tips of his fingers tended to shrivel up a bit in an unusual, and most unflattering fashion), and he was a bit self conscious about it (and also aggravated by it, but one would think the mummy man would have gotten used to such things, considering he had been suffering with this curse for nearly 3,000 years!)

Other than that, the black haired man looked normal, if not a bit handsome with a strong face, strong jaw, and a sturdy body (that was well hidden behind thick layers of his stuffy clothes, a royal blue suit and ivory cravat). The ends of his hair curled just enough to keep it out from his eyes, and his brown eyes, ever alert, continued to study the world around him when he heard some ghastly noise up ahead. Scrunching his face, he adjusted his leather satchel on his shoulders and crested the hill, only to frown as he observed some sort of woman in armor fighting something.. most grotesque.

-------------

OOC: Hope this intro works XD
Amalin, of course, would just stare at her in distress/ in the middle of a fight and sadly, he's not one to go out of his way to help with a fight (unless he had no choice). So yea like, for now, he has the choice to simply stare at the spectacle rather than participate since neither are attacking him XD
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Nemo

And who should make his way down into the place where she died but... Jack Fancypants. Oop, no, mental correction... someone clearly not accustomed to the rigors of life, who just found a rigor... happening to him. The undead knight, bound to her armor (which was bound to a wall) could only dangle there and glance at him as she was held clear four feet above the ground, a sword through her chest. He could probably tell she was dead, she reckoned... perhaps by the way the blade had clearly gone straight through her sternum and into sheer stone behind her, probably severing her spine... or perhaps by the blue glow that spilled out the cracks, around the blade, and in bountiful supply from the visor flipped down over what might once have been her face.

She only spared him a glance, turning her head briefly to him. Her armor was brilliant red - or had been, once upon a time, and her finery marked her as noble (or probably noble, given that Adelan military knights were elite soldiers, elevated by skill and merit), though much of it was tarnished. Lady Muriel had other things to focus upon though... namely, more... things arriving. She could see them moving in the walls... and she realized they were... she and Mr. Fancypants, both in the serious kak. It could not be worse if it was raining assholes.

She turned her head to the man again, and in a quite-calm voice that carried over the moaning and screams, quickly growing in volume.

"M'lord, do give me a hand with this blade-" she pointed deliberately at the hilt and bit of blade lodged in her breast. "I appear to be dead, and I'm pretty sure-" she tore her attention away from the man a moment when the door on the other side of the room from the man burst in, and shadows started to pile in. She raised her hand, and blue cascaded over the floor and into the door, driving shadows that screamed and cursed insanely out, slamming it shut behind them. Why it was holding them back, she had no clue, but she did look back to the man.

"-Pretty sure you don't want to be as well. These aren't just after my soul.... they're after yours as well."

visualspice

Amalin stared at the woman for a time. At first he hadn't noticed the extremely NOTICEABLE blade jutting out from her chest until, sadly, she drew attention to it. His first concern was seemingly everything else. Though when she mentioned she was dead, that much was clear. And she hardly seemed in any pain. But he was hardly afraid, despite the obvious, shadowy figures looming and threatening to come eat them, no, no, Lord Amalin was now intrigued.

This woman didn't have to KNOW he was (somewhat) dead as well, as he approached her, dark eyes roving over her form, taking in her armor and quite hesitantly peering at the blade, as if it might cut him if he were to touch it.

"So let me get this straight, you're dead, but you're stuck on this blade? Well.." he rubbed a hand down his face, stroking his chin in thought. "What would be the best way to assist you off of the blade? Shall I merely offer you my arm in hopes to pull you off of it, or.." he studied the way it was lodged in her, not sure if he'd be able to pull it out. It looked pretty wedged in there. So he cleared his throat and asked, "Or shall I, er.. just try to yank it out myself?"

-----------

OOC: Sometimes I wonder if Lord Amalin is useful at all looool.
Though he is still a gentleman >.>
Suppose he has SOMEWHAT of an excuse to ask first before helping her remove her erm.. blade. 
<.<
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Nemo

As Amalin looked her over, as he examined her in such a way, she felt... well, dirty, naked. She certainly didn't have a corporeal form (saving her armor, of course), nor did she have anything even close to oggle-worthy, but the reaction was innate. The thought that now she didn't need clothes only served to inflame the situation.

But, she begrudged the man his curiosity, and patiently endured his questions. She did not answer the first - it seemed... seeeemed... rhetorical. And painfully obvious. At least... at first glance. She looked at the referenced blade. Why hadn't she thought of pulling it out? She grabbed the hilt and tugged hard - hard as she could.

Nope.

She simply could not get the leverage - it could *not* be done, not by her.  When he asked his second question, she grunted and gave up, letting her arms dangle once more at her sides, looking up again into that handsome, arrogant face once more.

"You have a point." She said, in response to his question and his doubt. "And that's Pyromancer-forged steel... it won't break in a hurry." she said, feeling the door give a lurch under her control. "Blunted too, I have no doubt.. The damn demon took my own sword and killed me with it! Ugh..." she said, briefly running on a tangent.

When at last she looked to Amalin again, she motioned her head at the blade. "You pull... I'll try and push. If you sort of... hold the blade and stand over me... I'll catch you if we succeed."

visualspice

"Demon?" Lord Amalin made a face. He REALLY didn't want to deal with a demon. Not now. Not during his (hopefully) brief time in The Fell. So when she made her suggestion on how to get it out (after she herself had obviously failed) he simply nodded his head.
"I suppose I could try that." So he moved forward, rubbing his hands together and placing them on the hilt of the sword, though when he tugged, he felt it lodged into her good. So with a few good grunts,a nd a need to put his (once beautifully polished boots) up against the wall for some extra support, he gave three more good grunted pulls before finally he felt the blade come free. But in doing so, he let out a cry as he began to fall backwards, losing his balance as he was headed towards the floor, sword in hand.

Nemo

"Just... gotta... nnhg!" she arched her back against the wall and struggled to pull the sword out of her. It should not have hurt - armor lacks nerves, but his hand was undoing her deathblow - it felt like her world had been invaded by nasty little purple lights that made the whole world spin, and blazes did that light hurt! She cried out when it came loose - a wail of release and anguish that lasted all of a moment, before she turned her attention to the matter at hand!

Her falling savior would be hurt when he hit the ground, and she'd given her word that she would not let him, so after a moment's hesitation in which she planted her feet on the ground, she released the hold she had on the door, and cradled her savior in telekinetic force, just before he hit, and pulled him away from the onrushing wraiths, taking her greatblade from his hands as he passed.

The blade was not magical. It was not made of an exotic material. It didn't glow an eldritch glow. It wasn't even shiny or ornate. What it was was a six foot long, hundred-pound metal stick that, the armor ghost was proud to see, hadn't even lost its edge dealing her her death blow. And that in itself was remarkable - it had actually cleaved through stone. As she wound up to hit the first hideous son of a bitch spirit, she made a mental note to kill another demon for the Pyromancers - son of a bitch she loved this weapon.

An iron sword should not have been able to decimate a spirit. In fact, she recalled now with her sword again in her hands, that had rather been the problem. The wraiths had weakened her because she COULDN'T hit them, the Bhuts had stolen her breath, and the demon only had to stick her up like a bug - she couldn't fight back.  But this iron sword did. This blade... struck the surprised spirit full-on in the face, and four more like it in the blade's inevitable path, cleaving them in two and kicking up dust beneath them as it hurled them full-on into the far wall where they splattered violently into ectoplasm.

The old battle came back to her. The armor didn't feel heavy anymore... her body felt light as a feather, so she let the momentum carry her from the sword's swing, shifting her footing to let the blade continue spinning as one hand left it, her grip shifting closer to the pommel with the remaining. The knight reached for her belt... and was pleased to see that Brand had stayed at her hip.  With her now free hand, she drew it, and the gloom of the room they were in fled. Revealed within, as she swung it trailing the arc of her greatsword Clout's swing, was a blade of glowing, red-hot steel that hissed and spat as it sang through the air, leaving a livid red line in several surprised spirits, their pieces bursting into flame as they flew apart, their corporeal manifestations disseminated. It wasn't a permanent solution, she knew... the priest she'd brought with her had told her that.

She would be interested to see if that mad had survived. Later, she promised herself, she would find out. But, there were no immediate ghosts now. Something of the way their comrades had died got through to them appearantly, and they merely began to cluster on the outer edge of the room... until numbers outweighed cowardice. Lady Muriel turned her head to her savior, the glow of her visor alighting on him, and she brought Clout to the ground, the blade biting into stone easily as she stood straight.

"My name is Lady Muriel of Adela." she said, her voice alto and warm despite its spectral tinge. "Thank you for releasing me... But they will be surging into the room in a moment or two, you can bet on that." She stared at the door again. "May I have the privilege of knowing my savior's name?"

visualspice

Savior? His head cocked to one side at the word. Bah! Hardly he saw himself as that. If anything, he was a fool to have stumbled into some ghostly woman with a spirited blood lust, or rather, a blood lust for the spirited. But he couldn't deny his heart (which was still in tact, despite it pumping sands within his veins), was beating heavily within his chest like a hammer striking furiously to an anvil, and anxiety had prickled at his skin and sent him into a temporary fevered sweat. Removing a kerchief, he dabbed at the sweat collecting on his brow, but then at the proposition of his name, he sighed and tucked the kerchief away, folding it back into his robes and extended out a hand.

"My name is Lord Amalin Tuthmosis the third. A savior I am not, just a traveler passing by who would much rather not be here in The Fell." He adjusted the lapels of his robe with a sniff, dark eyes cleaving the area warily, especially over the fact she said those things would be back. Releasing a held breath, he turned to her, eyeing her up in her armor. "So you're from Adela?" He wrinkled his nose at it. Well, naturally, no Essyrian would be stupid enough to trample here. Yet.. here he was.
He just had to get that damned book! If it contained some of the inscriptions, some of the ancient spells that he needed, or at least another clue, to breaking him of his curse, why, he'd travel to hell himself if necessary (though to him, a place like this was hell.) Though here he was! But then again... there was also the rumor about an ancient jar of spirits, something that might be able to help connect him to those he had communed with long before his magical spell and summoning turned into something like a curse. Ugh. He still had no idea where he had gone wrong.

He was used to dealing with ghosts and demons and wraiths nad things, considering it was ghostly mysteries he solved for the nobles and richman who could line his pockets with gold, gold that fueled his own adventures into solving the mystery of his own bloody curse.  But normally it was one calculated adventure at a time. This place.. with unknown, poisonous magics looming about, it was an unknown place for him, and despite the fact he couldn't really DIE (lack of blood and real organs could attest to that); he really didn't want to be torn to ribbons. It hurt every time and well.. it took forever to reassemble- (and part of him feared that if it got so bad.. perhaps it would get to a point where he couldn't reassemble at all..)

So returning his attention to her, he looked her over with mild scrutiny before asking, "Do you mind me asking, Lady Muriel, what exactly you are doing in such a wretched place as this? Surely you were not stupid enough to come here to do battle by yourself?" Though fo rall he knew, maybe she was?

Nemo

Muriel spared a thought to the question before answering, eventually coming out with "No... There were... Three of us? Four...? I am uncertain now... I am having trouble remembering." She said. Now that would bug her forever! "There was me... And a Connlaothian priest... I can't remember now his name... And... And a guide..." She grunted. "I hope the priest made it to safety... I liked him..." She mused, half to herself.

"We came here for... Some item of artifice... I cannot now remember... A... Book? A vessel of some kind for some necromantic purpose? The... I cannot remember." She said, trailin off a moment before coming back strong, like she was biting back a thought.

"And you?" She said, turning the topic back in her savior's direction suddenly "You certainly do not look an adventurer... Gods know I mean no offense here, but you look like the kind of man who frets over the state of his trousers more readily than the task at hand. What on earth are you doing in this nightmare hole?" She said, never one to mince words or honey-coat things

visualspice

Lord Amalin took in her words carefully, but he wasn't a patient man, so as she muttered through half thoughts and broken memories, he sighed irritably and then smoothed a hand down his face when the question came back to him. Quirking a brow, he eyed her skeptically.

"Well, I can tell you I'm hardly here to do battle, if that's what you mean," he said, smoothing down his coats. "I'm on a mission.. of sorts, one that's rather personal to me and I'd like to keep it at that." He eyed her up again, his eyes scrutinizing her form before asking, "Does this book you are looking for have a name?" Heaven forbid they be searching for the same book!

Nemo

"Don't know" she said, as she slid her greatsword into a hook on her back carefully, the metal sinking in with a hearty click of metal well fit. "Wasn't for me... It was for the priest's work, I think... Or we were hired to come get it..." she said, grunting as she strapped on her shield. The leather was dried and old, but still strong - a couple tugs on it confirmed this. How long had she been dead? She wasn't sure.  She could ask him what year this was, but... but... she couldn't remember what year she'd come from.

Oh well. Giving her long blade a twirl, making it roar and spit through the air with the motion of the flourish. "This place is replete with dark magic, and I fear combat may be our only recourse." she said, concern and (it had to be said) the slightest bit of disdain on her voice as she said "You may have lend of a weapon, if you like... I may have a dagger - and it should work against these things, if the state of my other weapons is to be believed."

She had to raise her voice a little... the sounds coming from the doorway were getting a bit more insistent - the spirits were gathering together, and they weren't happy - they'd been violently denied a meal, and several of their number had been discorporeated. "A normal weapon won't work on them, I fear - take my death as a warning." she said, drawing her dagger from her leg and offering it to him with her shield hand. It was a stiletto, made to get through chainmail and strike the heart, to kill a knight.

visualspice

"Well, the way I see it," Lord Amalin began, matter of factly. "A fight is only necessary under dire circumstances. Being as that may, we are still on grounds to flee; for a man who runs to fight another day, may live longer than the man who sticks around to fight."
Though when the weapon was offer to him, he cringed and was hesitant to take it at first, but a few powerful, banging knocks at the door from the angered and hungered spirits on the other side, made him think other wise as he took it in hand with a thankful nod. He faced the banging door now with a frown, the blade pointed forward.

"If the plan were up to me, we ought to make our escape. There's a window to our right. It's rather high, but if we were to play our options just right, the pair of us ought to be able to reach it before those creatures get in. Where the window leads, I am not sure, but any place other than here would be wise." He looked over to Lady Muriel.

"There's a chandelier across the way, if you have bit of rope on hand, or some sort of whip, we could use it to swing over to that ledge, or, perhaps, join forces to push some of this heavier debris over towards the wall and climb our way up. Either way, it's your call, and I'd rather not be here when those fiends get through the wall. If anything, this places reputation is known for it's corrupt magics, and I, for one, am not willing to stick around for much longer to find out what sort of magics can get corrupt."

Though he was no fool. Lord Amalin didn't come ill-prepared to deal with this sort of magics. He had a bag of tricks, and was hoping not to waste his supplies on a needless battle if the pair of them could run.

Nemo

((Ooc: an amazing post this is not ^^; sorry about that!))

The knight looked to the window in question, to the chandelier, the crates, and to her savior. He held that knife like he'd never done so before. He shouldn't be here. Hell, she shouldn't have died here... But she had, he was, and it was, and it was silly now to long for a different state of affairs. The moaning really was getting intense. They were moments from breaking into the room! And that window... Was little more than a glazed aperture. He could fit through it, but she... She... Was too thick, too big.

"Nay... I do not think I could manage that window. I think I could just about manage to buy you the time to escape unmolested, but as for me..." She gave her blade another swing. "... As for me, I will do my part and help you if I can. It is the least I may do for you - at least I am free." She said. By her direction, a brick began to glow an flung itself through the glazed glass, taking the frame with it. Shadows were already darkening the doorway! She had to be quick, this might be close. With a burst of effort that winded her, she gave an armor-rattling exertion, all she could muster, and the boxes, heavy things that they were, shuddered and shifted up to the wall, giving the man a clear escape. Shadows were surging across the floor now!

"Go, Lord Amalin! Take care of that knife! I shall return for it one day!" She said, and turne into the onrushing multitude with a banshee's cry of fury, that took physical force and staggered the darkness, just long enough for her to get purchase. Lady Muriel would die as she lived, and live as she died - sword in hand.

visualspice

Lord Amalin's face twisted.
"Are you mad, woman?" he bellowed, attempting to reach for her but she had already gone. Perhaps it was foolish to inform her she could drop her armor, but not in these dire straights. They hadn't the time, so he did her one favor, he ought to take his, but as he fumbled into a climb towards the window, he gave to pause, turning around as he swore beneath his breath.
"Gods, this will be the death of me," he grumbled, then jumped back down towards the floor and and pocketed the knife. He began to fumbled through his bag, search for something, anything.

"We're dealing with the restless," he mused out loud to himself, pulling out a leather bound book as he licked the tip ofhis finger and thumbed through it. "I could buy us some time, just some time.." he muttered out loud, ignorant to the wails and cries of those attempting to lash out at Lady Muriel. It wasn't until he had gotten to the one hundred and twenty-ninth page did he find what he was looking for.

"Ah, ha! I think I've got something Lady Muriel!" but the moment he stood erect, a smile stretched across his face, one of the flailing, moaning, groaning ghosts broke away from where it had once been detained and struck out after Lord Amalin. And as it came at him, his eyes went as wide as saucers. Rearing back and armed with only a book, he muttered something in ancient Essyrni and the book flared up and he knocked into the spirit like a club, sending the foul beast sailing away.

Nemo

The unexpected result certainly had been for the prettyboy to drop back down and help her! She really pegged him for the pompous, arrogant type, the kind that denies his own mortality and thinks he can convince monsters or bandits he couldnt be messed with because he's a nobleman... But when he pocketed the knife and pulled out a book, there she understood, or at least so she thought. He was a mage... Of some kind.

She tried to move in front of the man to cover him, employing overhand arcin sweeps with the flaming sword to this effect, but the spirits had learned if the sword's effectiveness against them and were simply dancing back and dodging to avoid or lessen the blows. One... Even broke away from the wall of flashing steel she wielded and made a break for her ward! She roared in anger and the temperature plummeted, but the thing made its way to him and...!

It all happened with treacle slowness - his eyes going wide... Him muttering a word or two... Then BAM, him introducin mr. Spookyskull to Mr. Book-binding with a WHOP that resounded even over the sound of the wraiths' moaning and screaming. She was struck dumb for a moment... Just long enough for one of the horrible things to get a lucky hit on her, right in the head.

It knocked her helmeted head clean off her shoulders, and her arms sagged. No blood rushed, no cry was abruotly cut off, no head was shaved clean off at the neck... There was simply... Nothing inside the armor. With her head still gone, the suit of armor brought the shield on her arm around like the wrath of gods, and splattered the offending spirit onto it with ease, spraying ectoplasm everywhere. Her blade came around in an arc after this, and sliced open one that had thought her doomed sans her head, igniting him into vapor.

From the ground, the glowing helmet said, from Amalin's feet "I can't tell you how strange this feels! Could you get my head please?"

visualspice

Amalin watched in horror as the woman's head was cleaved clean off and the helmet went toppling to the ground. His jaw remained open, even as the body continued to fight, where as the head remained dormant on the ground. That was, until it suddenly spoke. Gasping with a rattled breath, he jerked away and stared down at the helmet as it spoke to him, and his face twisted in confusion. He gripped the book tightly and gave a shake of his head, "You're... you're a ghost!?" Why hadn't he detected this before? Was she actually here to help him- or was she just another enemy? From his experience, most ghosts hated the likes of him and well, in this place, all the rest of them seemed to be making it their duty to come after him with a fury. Trying to shake it off, he shook his head again.

"H-how!?" he stammered, completely uncertain if he ought to just pluck her head off of the ground or just.. boot it towards her body,.. or something.

Nemo

"I did tell you I was dead, didn't I?" the head said, as patiently as she could. The light in the visor shifted from him to watch the battle. It... well, it hopped, spinning in place. The body was getting a little clumsy, light pouring from cracks in the metal as beasts got good hits in on her form. It hurt... but it was... distant pain, like... remembering pain long after the wound healed, remembering how much the injury sucked. Something told her though... that if her armor was destroyed... well... that wouldn't do anything nice for her.

"Just pick me up and put me on my shoulders!" she said, and reflected that this could possibly be the oddest sentence she's ever uttered in the whole of her existence. A solid hit sent her body into a pillar near them, and she staggered in their direction, bringing her shield to bear to swat a pair of ghosts into each other.

"Please! I implore you!" she pleaded!

Brisinger987

Skalos had teleported and ended up here. And he hadn't found ANY friends. Now he just wanted to leave. But he had to find friends, or he had to wait. He had no way of knowing the time. His brain didn't understand the concept. All he knew how to do was find friends. And so, he walked around.

He didn't even know how long he had been there. He might have been able to teleport away, but he needed to find friends. He wanted to find friends everywhere. If he had friends everywhere, then no matter what happened when he teleported, he could play games everywhere! And he wouldn't have to worry!

That was when he saw them. A ghost and a man. It managed to catch the shadow demon's interest enough to bring him closer to have a look.

"Hello? Ghost-lady and man-person? Will you be our friends?" He hoped they would know what to do and play chase right away! He loved how all the friends he made did that, they immediately played chase, and they started screaming in happiness!

visualspice

Lord Amalin was cringing the entire time, even as his own organs began to get itchy on the inside, reminding him that he too, wasn't a natural human being, and that the cycle to decompose had already begun.
Shit.

Keeping the head in hand, he wiped off the sweat on his brow and hesitated. Her body was dancing lightly over the battle, so Lord Amalin had to dance around her, clinging the head tightly to his side.
"I'm sorry Miss, but this seems a lot more difficult than one would assume." And even he had to dodge a few miscellaneous swings cleaving his way. But he eventually got the nerve to do it, rushing forward, head in hand, then raising it up above his own head, ready to place it squarely on her shoulders when he became frozen solid, Muriel's head still in his hands, but Lord Amalin's jaw set squarely upon the shadow like thing that suddenly appeared.

"By the God's, what is that thing," Lord AMalin hissed, then recalled his plight, clutching on more tightly to the head before pausing just behind Muriel, "Erm... do I just.. set it on.. screw it on.. lik e bottle? I'm not quite sure how to do this. Most do not lose their heads around me," The man mumbled, and worked at twisting the head back and forth, hoping it would stay on her shoulders this time for good.

Nemo

Lady Muriel flailed her arms a little as this and that was crossed up and messed with as her head was screwed on like a perishing cork, making a scrapey-squeaky sort of noise as Amalin attempted to prevent her wine from escaping, appearantly!

"G-gah! Guah!" she managed from the helmet before she got control of herself again and the latches caught, animated by her GHOSTLY WILL OF DOOM. That completed, she gently nudged Lord Amalin's hands away before somebody lost an eye or something. Even so, there was such a thing as politeness.

"Thank you, Lord Amalin." she said like a ballroom lady with all the formalness someone could manage after losing their head and having it screwed back on. Right about there, the ghost in the platemail noticed the bleeding shadow demon monster thing of multi-limbed terror and.... probably ruined the moment when she said, giddy for some odd reason,

"Cor, you must have real problems finding a shirt." to the thing.