Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Why Is It Always A Hornets Nest?! (Alex Ryder)

Started by Brisinger987, May 12, 2013, 09:56:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brisinger987

Xerordir studied the man in front of him. He was quivering, begging Xerordir for his life. Surely he should have spared the man. But humanity didn't cross his mind. Behind Xerordir lied the charred remains of the man's daughter. The mans wife hung from the ceiling, her noose tied of her own hair. No one called him Thanati scum. Nor did they threaten him. Or insult his mother. This man needed to suffer. Xerordir looked at the man through the mask. He summoned a dark fireball, and grabbed the man by his throat. He spoke for the first time since he had broken the front door down. "THANATI SCUM?! Where has that gotten you?! Your wife and daughter are dead! If you think you can insult MY mother and get away with it, you will die a long, slow, painful death, Serenian SCUM!" He roared, throwing the fireball at the mans wife. Her corpse caught fire, and Xerordir laughed. He heard the clamour of the guards mustering outside. He would deal with them soon. Xerordir drew his dagger, and put it in the man's stomach.

10 minutes later, the man was but a pile of ash. He looked outside, the guards were getting into formation. How foolish. Xerordir threw gouts of fire threw the door. In the ded of night, the flames were blinding even to him. He heard a clanking of armour preceded by a frenzied neighing. A horse had bolted. He spoke the incantation, and bolts of purple lightning flew everything, most of the guards fell. He threw fireballs at those who didn't fall. He casually walked away from the corpses and heard the bells of alarm going off round town. He hurried to the shore, and sat, in the sand and darknes, and began a fire. He had thought of summoning a demon for company, but they expended too much energy, so he sat alone.

After a while of sitting on the shore he decided he needed to walk the town. He took the walk through the town center. The streets were abandoned, people having hurried home to check on their families. He wondered if the guards were patrolling or the town was in lockdown. He felt sorry for anyone who looked out their window right now, as he spoke a lengthy incantation. The ground shook and in front of him stood a shadow creature, a tall, pitch black void, with dark red eyes and teeth. A Shade. He smiled, and it sent a razor sharp grin back. "Kill everything. Everything but me." He watched as the Shade walked to the nearest house, phased through the door, and killed the inhabitants, who screamed as it slaughtered them.

Alex Ryder

Alexander sat in his small room. He'd angered his father yet again. He always managed to do something wrong. Today, he tripped and fell into the sand. His father was furious. Yelling at him that he had fouwled the family name. He was then dragged of home.

Many people knew. Probably everyone in the village knew what was happening behind closed doors. They saw the bruises, and they heard the screams. They even saw the scars from time to time, but they never did a thing. It had been a particulary hard beating that day.

His father had brought out all his torture devices. He had decided, that Alex was old enough to recieve a gift. At first he wondered what his father would want to give him. Then he wondered why his father had waited sixteen years t give it to him. His father came back to Alex' broken body and branded him. How he enjoyed it.

He decided then that he wasn't staying. Anywhere would be better than where he was now. So he packed his bag and hid it under his bed, waiting for his father to go to sleep, so he could sneak out.

It was after sundown when his father finally fell asleep, and alex snuck out of the house. He was mindful of everyone elce in the village, who he knew were on his fathers side. Finally he managed to reach the forrest edge. He walked for a whille until he reached another town. No one was out, but some lights were still on. What was wrong? Then he saw something black. It was entering a house. He could hear someone scream, and ran. Ofcourse he had to run straight into someone. "I am so sorry sir. I didn't see you there." He said as he picked himself up of the floor.

Brisinger987

Xerordir spun around as the child ran into the back of him. He turned around, snarling, and drew his dagger. He was only a wee boy... "One reason I shouldn't end your life now! 3 tries, if you don't give me one, you die." He held the boy by his throat. Just then, he heard the clatter of hooves against cobblestone pavement. He dropped the boy. "Don't run or I send a Shade after you." Xerordir indicated to the house occupied by the screaming inhabitants and the Shade. He turned to meet the 25 men on horse back. He spoke the Shade incantation. Once, twice, three times. 25 incantations later, the shades stood. "Kill the guards of this town. No one else." He turned back to the boy, and pointed his dagger.

"I'll have that reason now. If you don't mind." Something in the boys eyes begged for mercy but he didn't care. He wanted to show the boy how to respect his power. He was the greatest evil known to this land. Well, he had heard of another, but only rumor.

Alex Ryder

Alexander just looked at the man infront of him. So he had some special powers? Yeah, because that was scary. He'd seen spiders that demanded more respect than this guy, but he wouldn't voice his opinion ofcourse. His father had trained him wel, afterall.

"Well... I can cook." he said alittle uncertain. "And I can clean, I can care for your shades, I can maintain a fire, I can go days without sleep, and I always know how to fing water." he said with more confidence.

Then he was convinced he could hear his father running at him. He looked around frantically, untill he saw the man. He was very fat, and covered in grease stains. He was still in his sleepware, and his feet were bare. His head was bald, but he did have a blond mustache. "Alexander!" Alex moved behind the man. "Please don't let him take me. I'll do anything." he said.

Then the man reached them. "I am so sorry. I hope he wasn't bothering you." he said. "Come on Alexander, time to go home." He grabbed Alex by the arm, and pressed down on the fresh brandmark. This made Alex whimper just a little. He turned his pleading eyes to the man he just met. Begging him to not let his father take him 'home'.

Brisinger987

The man looked at Xerordir with an insincerity. "You should have raised him better." Xerordir touched the man's shoulder, and it caught fire. "In fact I am so offended that I want some repayment. You wouldn't mind him learning to work, would you?" The Shade that had entered the house returned, smeared in blood. It approached Xerordir and bowed to him. It made a hungering growl and turned to the man and boy, Alexander. "My friends..." Xerordir beckoned to the Shade. "Require to be taken care of. Your son says he has the skills I need." As the Shades behind him reached the guard force, he heard shouting, screaming, and all out violence as carnage ensued. They would never be able to hurt the shades, they were shadows. Deadly shadows.

"I am sure you don't want to see my friends angry. You wouldn't like them when they are angry, and your son's services would make them happy, right?" He finished the question, to which the Shade let out a long, slow hiss and nodded. Xerordir grinned, and the Shade followed, clearly aware of his master's emotions behind the mask. "And don't worry, your boy will come home in one piece."

Alex Ryder

Alex was relieved but at the same time angry. He was relieved that he wouldn't have to go back with his father, but angry that this man promised to give him back one day. He'd rather die then go back there. He looked at his father, who had stood there, contemplating.

"He's all yours." he said as he pushed Alexander to the floor, and then pressing a foot down on his chest. "You better work hard boy! Or I will have to teach you some more lessons when you get home." Then he was reliesed and able to stand up. "Yes father." he said.

His father growled. Wrong answer. "Manners!" he yelled. "I'm sorry master it won't happen again." said Alexander softly as his father threw him down at the mans feet. "Keep him. I don't want him back." Then his father stalked off.

"May I ask your name sir?" he asked when he stood up and brushed the dirt of of himself. "I'm Alexander Faye. Oh, and I would require the names of your shades also, if i am to properly care for them." He said as he tested his shoulder. It felt like it was dislocated, but it was nothing a simple push wouldn't fix.

Brisinger987

Boy, this kid was oblivious. The shade stalked after Alexander's father, and as the two turned the corner, the Shade pounced. A few seconds of yelling ensued, and the Shade skulked back round, dripping in blood. "I am good at lying to people. I need no assistance, but decided you need to be spared. They do not have names. The only service you would provide is food. And I can't grow more people." He beckoned to be followed by the boy. If he didn't, the Shade would eat him. "Do not hurt the boy." He called to all the Shades. They would obey.

Alex Ryder

"Oh." said Alexander as he followed. "But why did you spare me? You could have just killed me, and I bet you still can. Why not do it?" He was confused.

His father had always made sure he knew the rules that applied to everyone. There was one rule, that stated he should be obidient, one that stated he should always be polite, and a third, that stated he was to always serve the one in charge, which seemed to be this man. Who still hand't told him what his name was.

His father was dead. It hadn't really sunken in yet. For now, it just felt great. Now he was free from serving him. He could find a new master to serve. Afterall, serving people was his perpuse in life. Just not his father. "So, there isn't anything I can do for you then, master?" he asked. "And before you ask, yes you are my master, because you killed my previous one." he said before his new master could open his mouth.

Brisinger987

Maybe he could learn, dark magic is easy, he thought. Wait a minute, that evil he had caught rumors of, this Senka, it was a good idea to look for her. He made a small note to himself to find her. But this boy had suffered. He was ripe for turning. "Have you ever wanted power beyond most mages dreams? I can give you it. For I am Xerordir, the most feared necromancer to walk this earth. I have crushed demons. I can give you the powers of magic fueled by the corrupted souls of former enemies." Xerordir turned around just he said that. He loved his introductions. He made himself seem so good. Honestly, he was the only necromancer he knew.

"If I killed everyone I met I would be very lonely. Even evil meeds company some time. And besides, you looked like you needed help. I am human after all."

Alex Ryder

Alex thought about the offer. 'If I do learn magic, then I can make my master happy, and it might be helpful in the future. Afterall, what do I have to lose?' He pulled his bag from the floor, which was still there from when he was knocked to the ground by his father.

"Yes. I'd like to learn magic." he said. He was going to do this. He was going to do his best to learn this magic and make his mother proud. Yeah, he could do that.

Brisinger987

"Name one person in this town who you wish to save. All the others will die." That would be his final mercy. Someone could survive to tell of the necromancer. This boy could join his operation. He needed more members, afterall, he only had 2 others right now. 1 definite, the other which he had never met but desired. So this boy was ideal. He was willing to learn, and no doubt was still impressionable enough to be told that evil was a good enough path.

"Besides, when you have been trained enough, you can join me and my allies." Allies that he had yet to get.

Alex Ryder

"I would like to save the town smith, he deserves it. And, if I may ask, I would also like my three horses to be spared, and to be takes with us." He said as he walked in the direction of his house. There was a black horse, a white horse, and a brown horse. "The black one is called Shadow, the white one is Angel, and the brown one is Sandy." He said as he aproached his horses.

You could ride shadow if you wish. He is a great horse, and I think he matched your disposition well." He said as he brought out Shadow. He was the biggest of the three horses, and had red eyes. His mane was also black, and so whas his saddle. "I prefer Angel myself."

Brisinger987

"And your mother? You would have her dead?" Xerordir was genuinely confused. He would save his mother over all his family members. But if that was the child's wish. His Shades were too far away to hear him, but they would know who to spare. The horses though, the boy was resourceful. This was a good trait. He looked at the horse. Shadow? A good horse, sturdy, looked quick. In a random act of fun, Xerordir cast a spell, and his armour appeared. He cast an illusion, and the horse had armour, and Xerordir's head was under his arm. He drew a blade, mounted the horse, and cackled. Tonight would be fun. He looked at the boy. Ah, in his moment, he hadn't thought of the boy.

"Fancy inciting some fear? I can make you a headless horseman if you desire, or give you demon wings, any illusion you wish." He waited for the evil grin of a mischievous boy to appear.

Alex Ryder

"My mother died when I was a young boy." He said as a reply to the man. He smilled when Angel came out and nudged him on the side. She wanted to be ridden. He always liked Angel. She would allow him to ride without a saddle, and he loved doing so. He saddled Sandy too, and whisled. She would follow him now, and Shadow knew he had a new rider.

When he was told about the ilusions he smilled. "Demon wings sound awsome." He said as he climbed onto Angel. "Could you give Angel some too?" Then he looked around his town one more time. "I am ready."

Brisinger987

Demon wings on a horse? This boy would need to know a few things. That was just a dark pegasus. Not a demon horse. Demons had no horses, just hellhounds.  He could do a hellhound. "A hellhound would look better Alexander. Demons have no horses." He muttered the incantation. They looked like a pair. A white demon and matching hellhound. Terrifying unless one knew demons could not see white colours. Xerordir grinned as he mounted the horse. A night of hell. Helloween. No, didn't sound right. Halloween? Maybe.

Alex Ryder

Alexander looked himself and Angel over. "We look awsome Angel." He said to his new Hellhound, which was actually a horse. It was kind of ironic really. A 'hellhound' called Angel. He liked his new demon wings too.

He smilled when he realised they were going to scare people. Yes, he'd enjoy this. "Where to?" he asked.

Brisinger987

That made Xerordir think. Where to? Deadpeak fortress? The place was in disrepair. His camp? Definitely. "Just follow me my apprentice! You're going to learn from me how to be the best you can be!" He cackled, drew his sword, and put on a trebly voice. "YOU WILL ALL DIE!! KILL EVERY LAST ONE!" He drew his sword and spurred the horse! He charged forward, and into the night they rode...

((COMPLETE!))

Alex Ryder

Alexander followed, and watched closely all night long. He was making mental notes, trying to remember thing sthat seemed to scare certain people. When they reached camp, Angel had placed Alexander on her back, as he had fallen asleep allong the way. She placed him on the floor, and lay next to him, keeping him warm.

Pink pony, stop eating his hair..." mumbled Alexander in his sleep.

Alex Ryder

When he awoke the next morning, he left the camp, and everyone that was still sleeping, insearch of breakfast. This was something he was really good at. He found a small rock, and brought it with him. Looking around, he soon spotted a rabbit.

"Come on mister rabbit. Come to me." He said as the rabbit neared. Then, he threw the rock, hitting the rabbit on the head. He ran over to his prey, and smashed the rock on it's head again. It was dead withing seconds. Alex smilled.

He brought his catch back to camp, having cought two more rabbits. He'd find some deer later, when he had the time to go deeper into the forrest. He placed them near the fire, ready to be skinned, and kicked Xerordir in the side 'lightly'. "I cought them, you skin them" he said as he pointed to the rabbits, and started to tend to the horses.

Brisinger987

Xerordir had spent the night in the imagined presence of demons. They were not real but being with them pleased him. The camp had been boring and uninteresting. No-one worth murdering. His rude awakening was rather amusing. To be woken to skin rabbits, was not a bad awakening. The boy had caught food. Bravo. But to tell Xerordir to skin them was just laughable.

"My boy, if you think I have to, you are barking mad. Come. I shall not skin them. They shall skin each other. Watch." He spoke a small enchantment, and the rabbits rose, like marrionettes, and begun to skin each other perfectly. Xerordir laughed as the began cutting painlessly at each other. Then they boned and gutted each other. Then they jumped on a stick which Xerordir put over the fire.