Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Winds of Canador (M)

Started by visualspice, June 15, 2013, 03:02:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Pao's eyes narrowed.
"As if we knew that would happen. But I did warn you not to touch rock! It was probably cursed." And she marked herself, taking a step back from Enzo. "For all we know, it could still be cursing you now!"
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

"Pao, I'm fine!" Enzo said with a huff and rolled his eyes.  "Now will you come along, we have to get through these tunnels lest the water continue to rise and flood them.  You'll be fine.  You've eluded death so far, I'm sure you're luck won't change just yet."

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Pao snorted.
"Call it what you will, but I am skeptical." She marked herself, as if warding her body of his. "I will follow, you will go first."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

Enzo led the way through the tunnel and the crystals there persisted in their glow.  Somehow they seemed dimmer, as if the light had drained from them.  The air simultaneously grew colder and thicker, making it harder to breathe.  Enzo coughed, and spat, and where his saliva landed, icicles formed.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

At this, Pao snapped an arm forward, grabbing his and urging him to halt.
"This air... This magic. Can not be right," she went.on with a silent tsk. "Low light.. the cold... It is bad omen."

Lion

"You WOULD be right," came a laughing voice that echoed out into the cavern.  "But I'm afraid all you can do is press through.  There's no going back after all."  He laughed again and Enzo scowled.

"Matakopas!  Enough with these games!  Show yourself so that I can behead you already," Enzo spat.

"Spare yourself the heartache, Vallarian.  You are not at home anymore," he said.  "I'm more surprised you haven't already done away with that little whore on your arm."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Pao hissed at the voice and sneered in it's direction.
"I told you, this place is cursed." And she glared around them. "Just like the man who follows us with foolish intent!"

Lion

At that Matakopas laughed.  "I do believe your little friend is the one following me, Saranthian," he hissed.  "And quite closely I think.  One must question his motive: Is it hate or is it love?"

Enzo hissed, gritting his teeth.  "I watched you destroy everything I held dear, Matakopas.  If you think I chase you out of love, allow me the opportunity to rectify that error," he growled.  He pushed through the cavern, pulling Pao along, as Matakopas' laughter followed them out.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Pao snorted at Matakopas's comment, and would have retorted but Enzo spoke for them both. And she let him pull her along through the coldness as the laughter echoed around them like the fading song of a gong.

"He does pose good question," Pao finally said, after they made some distance down the path. "This is more than one occasion we have seen him. Perhaps it is not to give chase, but something else."

Lion

Enzo turned to Pao wildly and he shook his head in disbelief.  "Why would you say such a thing?  Are we not here on your quest!?  Am I not slaying YOUR beasts?  Come let's finish this before I decide to turn this blade on you, Pao'ohra, you fool."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

The Saranthian gave a snort.
"Ya! I am no fool! If anything, you, with sword, are fool. Your friend.. he follows you, but tricks us, takes claim of our victories. We should tread carefully, or not at all, so as not to lead him to another free prize."

Lion

Enzo was about to retort when there was a sudden rumble, like a stomach growling, and the whole cave began to shake.  Crystals began to fall from the ceiling and stones began to drop.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Pao cursed through her teeth as crystals fell and bit into their flesh. And though both were momentarily frozen in place from the shock of what was happening, it didn't take long for Pao to give him a shove.
"Run, Enzo! Run!"

Lion

She shoved him just as rocks came crashing down between them, and Enzo fell forward into a pit, the ground beneath him cracking and breaking beneath his weight and sending him down into darkness.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

And as they fell into the darkness, a flash of light in the shape of a tiger engulfed them completely and warmth filled the void and time appeared to stop. And when Pao opened her eyes, she and Enzo were laying on their sides, unharmed but the air was chilly, and the only light appeared to be casting from the marks on Pao's skin, whihc, even to her, appeared strange.

Lion

Enzo awoke to the strange lights emitting from Pao's skin.  He blinked at her, curious, and sat up.  "Pao...what...what is that?" he asked.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

By the time Enzo questioned it, Pao's eyes rolled back and she collapsed against his form, the lights going out.

Lion

And then they were encased in darkness.  He pulled his arms around Pao, holding her defensively against himself until a sheet of light opened up before them.  Shielding his eyes, he was blinded by it and clung to Pao until his vision eased.  "Pao," he whispered, dragging her up and into his arms, and walking into the light.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

She didn't hear her name. She remained limp in his arms, even as the source of light was blinding.

Lion

Enzo pulled her into the light and when he slumped through the other side. Falling down, he nearly dropped Pao, and when he saw the gargantuan beast before them, he just about did.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn