Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Little Bit Dusty...

Started by TheHighwayman, June 15, 2013, 06:29:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

"Well, I did try that once but it seems fate wants me in your lap," she teased, batting her eyes at him. "We are married after all." But then, to be nice, she slipped off of his lap and moved to stand. Better able to gain her balance now, she offered a hand down to Miklo to help him to his feet.
"Come on, let's see where this path leads."
Lucky for him, they had places to be and well, as much as she enjoyed playtime with others, Jinai was pretty focused on wanting to sniff out and search every end of this location and secret path.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

TheHighwayman

Miklo gladly took the hand and hauled himself to his feet. "It goes up," he said, just a bit of sarcasm slipping through. Summoning his fire again- and he noted that it was even a bit easier this time- he was too busy to say much else as he tried to dry the seat of his trousers. After a few moments of fruitlessly (and rather dumb-looking) flailing behind him, he decided to live with it, and instead turned his thoughts to something else that had been bothering him; what was the purpose for all this? The traps had made sense to keep out intruders from whatever sacred place they'd just left, but why have all this extra trickery going on? Surely it wasn't really needed? Hopefully they'd find an answer when they reached the end.

Though... Miklo took a deep breath and expanded his fire a little, trying to get as much extra heat as he could. At this point he'd be happy just getting out alive.

visualspice

At the end, it appeared as if there was a doorway that lead to the back streets of Reajh.
Reajh? But hadn't they just been in Uthlyn? Perhaps her eyes were playing tricks on her, but as she approached the opening, it appeared as if they were trapped inside by glass. Jinai made a face, reaching out to touch the glass door, and suddenly found herself falling through- and toppling painfully onto the cobblestone alley.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

TheHighwayman

That... couldn't possibly be right. Surely it was just an odd portion of Uthlyn, and they hadn't actually traveled that far. Had they? Miklo opened his mouth in warning... too late to stop Jinai from falling through. "Should have thought of that- could be a portal. No need for us to have traveled that far. That could work...."

While Miklo muttered to himself, he instinctively stepped forward himself, resting a palm on the glass door... and then realized that was also a bad idea. He'd seen Jinai fall earlier, why assume he wouldn't? With an annoyed grunt, the mage toppled after and landed roughly on the woman. "Ooof. Sorry miss Jinai."

visualspice

When Miklo landed on top of her, just about all of her breath had been expelled. Groaning, she tried to sit up, but surprisingly the bookish man weighed heavy enough she had to ask, "As much as it's fun for us to fall over each other each time we run into some form of danger, I think you're crushing my ribs. Can you kindly get off?"

TheHighwayman

Miklo hurriedly scrambled to his feet, uttering a series of frantic apologies which continued well after Jinai was free of his weight. Should have thought that move through a little more. When the man was done apologizing, he coughed and peered towards the mouth of the alley, creeping slowly forward and poking his head out the side. "Well... it certainly looks like Reajh. Though that raises more questions than it answers..." Why would an ancient civilization have a portal to a modern city? Was it just coincidence? Could they see the future? No, no, that couldn't be it. If that were the case they'd still be here...

He thought about checking to see if the portal back was still there, but then he realized it made little difference. There wasn't any way back through that trapped hallway regardless, so it was as good as a dead end. "Well, I hope you have a plan," he said.

visualspice

Jinai cursed before sighing.
"Well, now that we're free of whatever place that was, it's time to regroup and figure out what the hell that was we just walked through, and also..."s he peered up at the Grand Duke's palace looming in the not too distant background with a frown. "And also to find a way to get out of this city without me getting caught." Her lips twitched a little as she smiled sourly. "Last time I checked, there are more pictures of me posted all over this city than there are postings of the new laws." And she looked down the hallway, noted it was clear,a nd also, well, night was coming soon and gestured for Miklo to follow.

"So.. how well do you know how to fight? Cause I don't think we're on the nice side of the city." THough she was surprised whens he rounded the bend to find the building nearest them was a Church of Angsar.

TheHighwayman

Miklo paled a bit. "I'm not exactly much of a fighter, and I doubt my magic would be much use..." He sure hoped they didn't run into trouble. In the best case scenario, he might be able to set somebody's pants on fire, but that would both draw more attention than they needed and wouldn't be the most reliable method. "Hrm... best avoid fights, I think. Any way we could conceal your face? Or perhaps we could-"

He paused as they came upon the church, and gave her a wry look. "Are you sure we're not on the nice side of the city?" Not that a church of Angsar made him much more comfortable than a bunch of thugs did, but at least the church wouldn't have a reason to go for them on sight- at least as long as he didn't carelessly sling around fire and Jinai wasn't recognized.

visualspice

Jinai stared up at the sky.
"Night will be falling soon, perhaps we can find a place to lay low until then? Then sneak out?"
Then recalling his question earlier about this being 'the nice side', she simply shrugged. "The alley looked dirty," then she peered back over towards him as she began to approach the side of the church where a thick patch of vines were growing against it, "You coming?" She gave the vines a good tug and began to crawl.... up towards an open window above them.

TheHighwayman

"It's as good a plan as any, I suppose." Miklo took hold of the vines and hesitated- they had to be pretty strong to hold Jinai's weight, but he probably weighed as good bit more himself. The last thing he needed was for it to snap and drop him head first on the cobblestone street... but he couldn't think of any other good way up.

Waiting for Jinai to find solid footing (he sure wasn't going to risk making the vines support both of them), he peered to either side of the street, really hoping he'd not see anyone. With one or two hurried glances up to check Jinai's progress, he twitched nervously. "Could you hurry up? I don't like standing out in the open like this. I keep feeling like the guard is going to come around the corner any second, and I don't think the vines can hold both our weight."

visualspice

Jinai hadn't made it but a few feet up when she paused to look down at Miklo as she smirked.
"JUst enjoy the view and follow after me. If we make it up here alive, I'll let you see more than just up my skirts." And a few minutes later, she had successfully made her way to the window ledge. She paused a moment to peer inside, though it was hard to see since it was so dark, but a few candles indicated someone was awake inside, somewhere nearby. She motioned to Miklo to remain quiet before she crawled inside the window, then paused before turning around, offering out an arm to help him inside.

The room was small, a balcony over looking the pews that all faced towards a center statue of Angsar. Down below she noted the rows of candles lit before the statue, and just a single priestess bent down low in prayer. Smirking, she turned back towards Miklo.

"Looks like this place is deserted, minus the priestess below." And she took this moment to give an appreciative look over the bookish 'explorer' who just spent the days with her, traipsing around in some unknown ruin. The excitement had her heated, and her ways were hardly subtly as she asked, "Ever have sex in a church?" and she approached him in a way that said 'If not, soon you will.'

TheHighwayman

No guards yet, no guards yet, nobody was putting a sharp metal object through his skull... Jinai's comment didn't even register through Miklo's nerves. Once she was inside, he scrambled up after her as quickly as he could- quickly enough to surprise himself, as a matter of fact. He barely even had time to grab Jinai's offered arm before throwing himself through the window.

The man took a few deep breaths, but other than that managed to hold his tongue while they made sure there wasn't any trouble waiting for them. Immediately he started planning. Alright, they'd hide out there until nightfall, slip out and check the guard at the gates. There wouldn't likely be more than one or two on the gate itself, there had to be a way to slip past. They wouldn't know Miklo's face, maybe he could smuggle Jinai out through a cart? No, with everything going on the guard surely wouldn't be that careless. The scholar ran a hand through his dust-coated hair. They just had to... Oh.

Something told him that this wasn't the best time or the best place, but given he'd ignored the more rational bit of his thoughts a number of times already today- in much more dangerous circumstances- and was still alive, he decided one more probably wouldn't hurt. He shook his head, grinned, and began fumbling with the buttons on his shirt.

visualspice

He didn't need to fumble around with the buttons anymore for in just a few steps, Jinai was before him, a hand smoothing across his now exposed chest as she guided his hands away to her own body where she secured one at her hip, the other one her breast as she smirked, then moved her own hands to pluck each button open, one at a time. Though the second the shirt was open, it was off of him and tossed carelessly in a crumpled heap upon the floor.

With her hands traveling all over him, she could feel the grit from the ruins dusting him, taste the salt from his sweat as her lips met to his, then moved across his jawline and up to his ear where she breathed and moaned softly into his ear. And while one of her hands explored his body, the other one worked beneath her short leather skirt and a moment later... her undergarments were on the floor, discarded as they moved deeper into the shadows, leaving a trail in their wake of discarded clothing... and also leaving a trail of dirt still falling off their clothing from their time traipsing around beneath all of Uthlyn, and muddy footprints as well.

And It was here she cornered her 'husband' up against the wall, and with skilled hands she moved to unlace the front of his pants. They could be caught at any second, for they weren't in any real enclosed room, but she didn't care. Jinai Rinstgate lived for the thrills of life- the most dangerous, and hey, a little kinky role playing after she was digging around in the dirt seemed like an appropriate award. And Miklo was more than willing.

And she had great skills in these sorts of arts, where others were bookish, she relied on the baser instincts of life and learning to sate them. So Miklo was very lucky, and also, soon, very naked as their clothing was all but tossed away, leaving them only partially dressed before she sealed the deal and made herself Miklo's 'wife'.

OOC: We can fade to black from here, or if you're up for playing it out, I don't mind either way XD
Jinai is horrible >.>
just sayin'~
Though I'm sure her 'husband' doesn't mind XD