Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Little Bit Dusty...

Started by TheHighwayman, June 15, 2013, 06:29:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheHighwayman

It was a relatively nice morning in the city of Uthlyn: warm, slightly overcast but with no danger of raining, and just a little breezy. Miklo Quel noticed none of this as he roused himself at the back of his small bookstore, shaking off the old tome that had somehow ended up on his head while he slept and peering down at the book before him in an attempt to remember what he'd been doing when he nodded off last night. "Oh, that's right- shipbuilding. Now what was that idea I had right before I passed out...?" The man adjust his glasses as he noticed his half-finished leek stew from the night before. Not a great breakfast cold- it certainly hadn't been wonderful when it was hot, either- but it was there, and he couldn't exactly revolutionize the naval world on an empty stomach, now could he?

After a brief and somewhat unsatisfying- if filling- meal to start the day, Miklo groggily made his way to the bit of the building he reserved for his living-quarters and dunked his head in the wash-basin. Then he heard a dull thud coming from somewhere- what was that? Lifting his head out of the water, he stopped to listen. "Ah, someone at the door." Odd, he didn't get much business in the early morning, and it couldn't be one of his more regular customer's- they'd have simply walked in and started browsing, as he'd neglected to lock the door before he fell asleep last night. Fortunately such a small place wasn't a prime target for burglary- what would they steal, a few books? So, this had to be a new customer. Or possibly the guard, he supposed, but what would they want with him?

Not bothering to dry his face or his hair before answering, Miklo made his way back through the stacks and shelves of books- as well as those scattered over the floor. He would have been a particularly disheveled sight, and possibly a rather funny one as well with his normally dignified clothing loose and his glasses constantly slipping down the bridge of his nose. "Must adjust these sometime..." he muttered as he opened the door. "Hello?"

((OOC: No ideas in particular for this thread. If anyone has a character that needs a thread and can work with this opening then by all means toss them in however it suits you. Funny, serious, doesn't matter to me.))

visualspice

A lot had been going on in Connlaoth. She had barely managed to flea Reajh from an escapade that could have cost her her life. And now, no doubt, her face would be plastered all over wanted posters in town. Thankfully, Uthlyn had been unaffected by the threats of mages being  rounded up and marched off to the north, to camps reserved for only Ansgar knew what purpose. So she figured this would be a safe of a haven as possible, but the city still had mage residence here in the beginnings of a lock down. More and more mordecai and soldiers were flooding into this city everyday, and tensions were growing and fears more families would be broken up and sent to the north. Because of this, the Free Folk was ever expanding and had it's work cut out for them.

It was a very real threat, and as part of the Free Folk, it affected her goals directly. She could only hope any wanted posters for her hadn't made their way to this place yet, as she made her way quickly down the street. There were rumors a new archaeological dig site was happening just south-east of Uthlyn, something about some underground tomb or sanctuary possibly being uncovered from some unknown or forgotten kingdom of a time past.

Jinai, however, was far from interested in the historical side of things. What she was interested in was what sort of thing this was they were unearthing. If the dig site they found lead to some underground pathways, as some rumors suggested that were circulating, the mages who are being trapped within the cities under strict martial law might have a way to get out, or at least a safe place to hide for a while until things cooled down. She just had to find out more about this dig site, and once she had begun to inquire, people promptly told her hte funding had been pulled and the dig site, abandoned since the extra monies were being reverted back to the capital to rebuilding the damage done to the Grand Duke's Palace under the most recent attacks.

So while she was making her way towards this digsite to check it out herself, she ran into a bit of a problem. Not only were her wanted posters, infact, pasted all over town, one of the damn guards near the library spotted her and began to make chase. Thankfully she had lost him, and was catching her breath as she made her way down a side street when a small store caught her eye. This place was good as any to hide out within. So she knocked on the door and when a disheveled man answered it, she didn't waste two seconds before simply stepping inside.

"I'm looking for a book," she said casually, her eyes noting the walls lining with them. Hey, she might as well work with it, and appearing as a normal citizen just looking to peruse the wares wouldn't raise suspicion from this stranger either as she needed to remain hidden from the guards.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

TheHighwayman

"Of course, of course," Miklo began, his business sense already beginning to wake the rest of him up. He noticed how abruptly she pushed inside, but he decided to ignore it- after all, she might very well just be in a hurry. "Any book in particular? Or are you looking for something on a particular subject? If it's the latter, I'm sure I can be of help. If it's the former, well, I'll see what I can do. Or just feel free to look around, if you prefer." As he spoke, he began picking up a few of the books that had fallen out onto the floor and returning them to the shelves- not necessarily their shelves, as there seemed little to no rhyme or reason to the sorting of the books, but shelves nonetheless. "Anywhere in the building is open, aside from what's through that door over there- that would be my personal dwellings." Miklo leaned around a shelf and pointed vaguely towards the back wall, nearly dropping the pile of books he'd taken in his hands. "And pardon the mess. I received a new shipment the other day, and I've not yet had time to figure out how to make everything fit."

visualspice

Jinai seemed to pay the man not much attention as her eyes roamed over the books, before glancing towards the door. A silhouette of the pair of guards passed by, and she held her breath. Thankfully, they hadn't stopped. She had a random book in hand and glanced down at it.
"I heard something about a dig site being unearthed somewhere near the city. I was interested if you had any books on the subject. You know, about er.. ancient Connlaothian history. I was fascinated when the news had been announced, though it's a shame the funding had been cut."
Though it was then she noticed the book she was holding was about goat herding.
"And a friend of mine really likes goats. He really does. Do you have any more books like this?" Might as well go with it.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

TheHighwayman

"Ah, the digging! I heard about that myself. Can't wait to hear what comes of that- I considered offering to assist with that myself once or twice, actually. Somebody needs to watch the shop, though... Connlaothian history? I should have plenty on that. I'll see what I can find about the goats." Miklo shot Jinai a short grin, and then practically disappeared among the bookcases. He didn't even seem to pause long enough to read the full titles before snatching books from their place and adding them to his ever-growing pile. "Origins of a Great Nation... Roots of Connlaoth... Where Did We Come From.... Now where did I put that treatise on Fell? Ah, there it is!"

Returning with a stack of books well above his head- how did he manage to balance those?- Miklo gave a heave and dropped them all on the small table near the door. "There. That should be just about everything I have that might regard Connlaothian archaeology. Now to see to your friend's fascination with goats. That might take a bit longer."

Setting off once more- this time without quite as much energy as the prior topic had evoked- he called out, "So, why the interest in the ruins? If you don't mind me asking, that is. Most of the talk I've heard of it has just been gossip. Is it genuine curiosity, or are you just trying to win a bet or somesuch?" He continued muttering to himself as he scanned the shelves. "Goats, goats... Hrm- treatment of livestock, that might have something..."

visualspice

Jinai was only half listening to him, one ear was still trained on the door. For all she knew, the guards could come back. But when Miklo returned, placing a towering pile of books upon the table, she quirked a brow, fingers lightly dancing beside them as if counting how many there were.

"Which one would you suggest has the most information and is the most interesting read?" she began, ignoring all other questions as she kept her eyes to the books. "For the books on goats, that is." SHe added. "ANd which one has the most significant section of history. I doubt I could take all of these books home."
Assuming er.. that's what one did in this sort of shop.. it was a book shop, wasn't it?
She made a face and looked around. It was.. rather queer in here. SHe couldn't quite put her finger on what, though.

TheHighwayman

Miklo peered down at the significantly smaller stack of books he'd managed to find on the current subject, decided that was probably all he had, and returned to the table to drop them besides the earlier pile and take a seat. "Well now, I admit this is one subject that never quite piqued my interest like most. For interest, I'd say this one." He passed over a worn brown tome with very faded writing on the front that said 'Mankind's Greatest Ally, The Domestication of Goats.' The scholar adjusted his glasses and continued, "I think the author was a little bit loony, to be honest, but it's the only one of these four I can really remember, and thus suggest. Now... for history, that's a bit harder... I'd say in all likelihood... These!"

With a triumphant yell and a quick movement, he yanked two of the tomes from near the bottom of the pile, seeming to ignore the rest as they scattered over the table or fell to the floor. One of the books was rather small, while the other seemed almost to strain the table when Miklo put it back down. "That treatise I mentioned earlier had a few interesting points that I personally think apply rather well to this, and this large one here, Antiquity to Now, does a much better job of discussing what we know of those who came before. Much less speculation, many more facts."

visualspice

"Yes... interesting," Jinai began, taking the book 'Mankind's Greatest Ally, The Domestication of Goats.' And at his comment, she looked down at the cover and smirked at the title. Loony indeed. And for a second, her eyes drifted from the doorway, towards the chaotic pile of books, but most specifically to the ones he pointed out. She wasn't really all that interested to begin with, but to bide her time,s he could keep playing pretend.

"I see, I suppose all three of them would do. How much coin for them?" And as she was inquiring, she didn't notice the shadow looming at the door...

Klezmer Gryphon

The dig site was busy. That much Jy'aad knew. He had been researching these ruins for quite while, and now he had the chance to see them for himself. His tail wagged with anticipation, but he had to wait, as the workers had only uncovered what appeared to be a small temple. Anything's better than nothing, he thought. He adjusted the scabbards of his twin hook swords as he walked over to a tent with a large table.

Stepping inside, he saw a very unwelcome person, and even more loathsome piece of paper on his table. Ugh, what do they want now? he wondered, as he moved the piece of paper to look at the map that took up most of the tabletop.

"Sir, are you Jy'aad Elveti?" the man asked. He was a government official. Jy'aad loathed government officials.

"Yes, I am. Is there something important you have to tell me, or are you just here to waste my time?" He said, his voice full of disgust. For a while, the Connlaothian government had threatened to pull funding for this dig, saying that the funds could be used for something more useful than chasing a fairy tale. However, history was Jy'aad's livelihood, being an archaeologist, and that meant finding proof of things, even if it meant chasing a wild unicorn.

TheHighwayman

Miklo didn't notice the figure at the door either, at first, as he was busy thinking of a proper price for those particular books. "Hrm... well, how much do you think they're worth? For these three, I'd say about two, two and a half silver glints." Miklo drummed his fingers on the table, not realizing he'd given the price in Serenian coin out of habit. With a start, he noticed another figure at the door. "Two customers this early? This one can't be a regular either... unusual day. Very unusual day..." In fact, something about this day was beginning to unnerve him. Had he seen that woman's face somewhere before? And why so much activity? Ah well, he'd figure it out soon enough if it was a matter of importance. Best get the door before his mind ran off on a paranoid tangent.

As he stood, he adjusted his clothing- it wouldn't do to make a habit of greeting customers as a complete mess, after all- and took a moment to clean off his spectacles. "Need to make a note to myself to adjust these, sometime..." Reaching for the knob with his glasses still in his right hand, he wasn't quite able to make out who was standing there, and so opted for a simple, "Can I help you?"

visualspice

The guards stared back at the man and gave a frustrated sigh. "Has a woman come through here? We're looking for one's that's got blonde hair.." they studied the man. "Slightly smaller than you. Have you seen her?"

Jinai cursed under her breath, hiding herself by pressing herself inbetween the book shelves as her eyes darted around, trying to think of what to do. The best thing she could think of was to act quickly, and spotting a pair of glasses upon one of the shelves (one's that were rusty and dusty from age,) and very thick, almost like bottles, she plucked them up and dusted them off, then slipped them on, takig her hair and pinning it up as quickly as she could before grabbing onto another dusty sweater of his nearby and throwing it on over her shouldrs and tying it around the front. Then, taking one of the books, she began to approach Miklo at he front of the store as she used the book to shield her face, and as the spoke to the guards, and at their question, she snapped the book closed and took a hold of Miklo's hand before he had a chance to answer the men.

"Oh, darling, it seems we've got visitors!" She force da smile that was bigger than her face, hoping to distort her appearance enough that the wouldn't recognize her. SHe also gave Miklo's hand a warning squeeze. "Though we weren't expecting any customers at such an hour!" and the men stared at her, uncertain what to make of the frumpy librarian woman with the glasses that magnified her green eyes to appear as large as saucers. SHe batted her lashes at them, noticing they were caught off guard by the silly way she was smiling. "And fo course he has a blonde girl in here. I am his wife after all,"s he stated with a playful hit to one of the guard's shoulders, then a wink. "And the pair of you interrupted us from what we were doing. The shop's not open for another hour." And before the guards could say anything, she leaned forward, drawing Miklo's face hers as she pressed her lips hotly agianst his.

As she finished up that kiss, she gave him a look, hoping he understood her eye gestures before she heard the guards make awkward noises at the door. She turned to them with a giggle of a wave,  "Well, see you in an hour then if you need something?" and before they could reply, she shut the door in their faces.

The guards only stood there, red faced and uncertain.

"Say, I didn't know he had a wife." the one said.

The other replied, letting it catch up to him, "Yeah.. neither did I.." and the two exchanged glances before lookign back angrily towards the building.

Jinai,thankful she was safe for the moment, clicking the door locked, and turned back to him.
"So.. what's your name?" she said, removing the thick glasses from her face as she gave him a once over, then a grin. "So you know.." and began to pace around him, eyeing him up lik ea piece of meat. "So I know what to call myself while I pose as your wife."

OOC: I think I can start the chase scene in my next post, s as to have them inadvertently head towards the ruins, unless you want to start it in yours :D
but yeah, those guards are not going to be happy with either of them B|

TheHighwayman

Oh, the wanted posters. That's where he had seen her face before. Yes, it was shaping up to be a very unusual morning indeed. Luckily he'd already born a somewhat surprised expression to begin with, so his reaction to the revelation wasn't as suspicious as it could be. Miklo frowned and tapped his chin, as if trying to recall if he had or not, instead contemplating whether he should give the woman up. He'd always had a bit of sympathy for the more rebellious groups, and while he wasn't quite bold enough to actually offer any help, he certainly didn't bear them any ill will. But he was on thin ice already, what with having magic... Just as Miklo opened his mouth to inform the guards that no, he'd not seen the woman they were looking for, Jinai happened to take the matter out of his hands.

Once the door was locked, the man just stood there for a moment, beet red, trying to process everything. Might as well start with the easy bit. Letting out a low, long sigh, he began. "My name is Miklo, Miklo Quel. Now, while the kiss was appreciated, I'd appreciate it much more if you would kindly tell me exactly why you had to go and intervene. It's not like having a fugitive in my home would look good for me- even if I gave you up, some might assume I just turned coat in a pinch. The only rational course of action was to turn them away and get you out as soon as possible... which now will be rather difficult." The bookkeeper folded his arms and pushed his glasses back up. "I could have just told them no- I'm fairly well trusted around here- and they'd have been gone and not come back. Now, if anyone around here hears about this "wife" story, we'll have the guard down on both our heads in minutes, whether you're here or not!" While Miklo wasn't very successful at staying calm- he was both out of breath and glaring at the woman like he thought he could make her disintegrate if he tried hard enough- he did at least have the presence of mind to keep his voice down.

Then the anger slowly turned to a look of fear as something dawned on him. "Wait..." Miklo's palms started to sweat, and a panicked frenzy came into his eyes. "...I think I've met one of those guards before... when- oh." With a deep breath and a gulp, he finished, "When he bought a book for his niece here.... last... week." The much firmer knocking on the door that followed was confirmation enough.

visualspice

Jinai had been grinning like a cat, twirling the bottle-sized glasses around that distorted her features as the passed.
"Well, you're welcome." she said over the kiss, then eyed him over. "Lighten up, most people don't follow others that closely." But at the knock at the door, she was cursing too.
"I wouldn't open that if I were you.."

But they wouldn't have a choice, as the guards shouted, "Open up! We know that woman is the convict known for helping mages! We're coming in!"

"What ever happened to giving someone a choice?"

THen, BOOOM
the door was kicked in and Jinai's eyes widened. "Shit."

"You're bother under arrest for-" but before they could finish, JInai was dashing towards the back door.

TheHighwayman

Right. Back door- Miklo had forgotten he had one of those. With a snap of his fingers and a quick "Sorry!" he sent a few sparks flying into the eyes of the guards. Not enough to cause permanent damage, or slow them for long, and it probably wasn't worth revealing himself as a mage... but he was going to be tried for treason anyway, right? With that he darted after Jinai- who he would catch at the locked back door, with his key already in hand. "See? See what you did!" As the door opened, he didn't even bother to put the key back, simply throwing it away as he rushed into the streets. "I know this place; follow me and we both have a slight chance of making it."

Of course, Miklo didn't really care one way or the other whether Jinai stayed with him as he darted through the thankfully now growing crowds. He could hear shouts behind him- what they were he payed no mind to. Best to just focus on running. Or breathing, he corrected as his lungs soon started to scream for air. He couldn't run forever, there had to be somewhere to hide... "Pardon me. In a hurry. If you wouldn't mind..." he said as he darted past the people beginning to fill the streets.  He thought frantically of some way he could escape the pursuit- and shot a quick look back to see if the woman was still with him... but mostly to see how many guards were on their trail.

visualspice

Jinai was much faster than the bookish man, and quick;y found herself much farther ahead then him, but knowing he was a mage now meant she couldn't leave him behind. He was part of hte cause now, whether he wanted it or not. Slowing, she paused a moment to grab his hand. "Come on!" and dragged him along before she spotted a horse and rider. With a smirk, she finally let go of Miklo's hand, only to leap at the man on the horse, grab him by his arm then dragged him off the saddle.
Not wasting a beat, she already mounted and reached a hand down to Miklo. "Come on, give me your hand!"

OOC: IF YOU WANT TO LIVE

XD

TheHighwayman

She'd come back to help him? That had been unexpected. Maybe she wasn't so bad after all- but Miklo decided he could worry about things like that after they were done being chased by people carrying lots of stabbing implements. Grabbing the offered hand and doing what he could to haul himself up, he gave another worried look back and wrapped his arms as tightly as he could around Jinai's waist.

"I have an idea, I think. You know the dig site we were talking about? If we can get there and slip in somehow, I imagine the personal will hold up the chase: they wouldn't want a bunch of armor coated buffoons smashing some three thousand year old artifact." Miklo grimaced at the thought, but quickly pushed his scholarly inclinations aside for the sake of immediate survival. "We can get in, lie low, and then slip away as soon as the opportunity arises. By the way, why did you help me? It would be far easier on you just to run."

visualspice

"The dig site?" Jinai grinned, and snapped the reins.
"And if you think a dig site will deter the guards, you're crazy. All of Connlaoth is in a frenzy. THey'd tear that place apart. We'll have to find a way to get here discretely, though it's a good place to lay low for a while, but I think I hav ean idea. Hold on!"
and she had the horse bounding over a cart blocking their path head, and then turned quickly into a side street, then another, and wove around until they got to a quieter section of town. The ruins were just over the hill side, through the forests. All they had to do was get through the gates.

But hte timing couldn't be perfect, a group of merchants was passing through, and the metal doors were rolling open. With a grin, she pressed her heels harder into the horses side and it took off, and soon the pair were flying through the door, thundering up the beaten path and leaping over the hillside and quickly disappeared into the forests. and just when she thought they were far enough away from the dig site AND the gates, Jinai began to slow the horse to a trot.

"There, that ought to throw them off our sent for a while. Let's get to the dig site before-"
and then the ground suddenly gave way beneath her, swallowing them whole.

OOC: I figure they could fall into an ancient pathway that will lead back to the ruins, and maybe while at the ruins, case a cave in and fox's character can investigate, or accidentally fall in with them XD

TheHighwayman

Miklo simply held on for dear life as they rode- this sort of thing had never been his strong suit. He nearly fell off the horse a time for three before they slowed, and by the end of it his arms would have been like a vice-grip around Jinai. At least it gave him a chance to catch his breath... sort of. As soon as he was able to think about anything besides not falling off and splitting his head open, Miklo muttered a short, "Very unusual day indeed."

He was about to point out that she'd not answered his last question when the earth quite literally fell out from under him. As rider, horse, and extra baggage all tumbled down, Miklo felt his head hit something hard. He lost all sense of up or down, and he lost his grip on the woman. With a loud crash he hit, and everything went black...

When he came to a few moments later, he noticed three things. First, his glasses were broken- though with relief he found that it was the frame and not the much harder to mend lenses that had snapped. Second, his head hurt worse than that time he'd decided to test his new cure for hangovers on himself. Third, when he put a finger to his head in response to said pain, he found it was covered in blood. His only words, as he crawled to his feet and waited for the world to come a little more into focus were "Urggghhh...." and a hesitant "Miss? Are... you alright?"

visualspice

"Shh.. hold still," Jinai said. While he had been unconscious, she had been tending to his wounds. Thankfully, she had gotten out seemngly unharmed, though her leg hurt like a bitch, he wouldn't be able to tell as she was sitting down beside him. The horse had been stilled, having taken the brunt of hte fall. It's legs were broken, and the woman had to put hte poor creature out of it's misery.
SHe leaned forward now, applying more ointment to his wound.
"This should help wiht the bleeding," she said, then worked at putting hte jar of oinment away before looking over at him, thenup at the hole they had fallen into. She had since moved them to one side, but staying near the sunlight so she could work.

"Do you think you can walk? There's a path way over there," she said, pointing into the dark "We might be able to see where that leads to see if there's a way out. I doubt we can scale that." and she pointed to the massive drop they had come down from.

Klezmer Gryphon

Jy'aad was still in the tent, arguing with the government official, when he heard the commotion outside. Great, what now?

When the official tried to stop him from leaving, calling a couple of guards, Jy'aad simply responded by slitting one's neck, then kicking the other in the head.

"Don't try me."

Walking outside, he saw first a plume of dust, then saw the gaping hole in the ground. He ordered the workers to move out. Grabbing the longest rope he could find, he decided to go down in the hole and see for himself what was down there. Tying the rope around a post, he let the other end fall down into the chasm, and heard a resounding THUD when it hit floor. Not that deep he thought.

Climbing down into the mysterious hole, he reached the floor in less time than he thought. And the first few things he saw were more ruins of appeared to be ancient city, and two people, and a dead horse....

Well, my day just got a whole lot more interesting

Tags: