Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A deer amongst wolves... (OPEN)

Started by Klezmer Gryphon, June 25, 2013, 08:29:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Klezmer Gryphon

Liarri hated being in Connlaoth. The people were nice, and very friendly, and the streets weren't too dirty, but the laws banning magic use were the nails in the coffin. She had come to Reajh only because she had a friend whom she hadn't seen in a while.

As she walked down the street, she kept her hood pulled over her face, not wanting to scare anyone, or ingrain suspicion. With the current tensions between mages and non-mages, she didn't want anyone knowing she was a mage.

After a few minutes of wandering the streets, Liarri had found she'd gotten lost. Figuring it be better to not ask a guard, she sat down on a bench in the shade of a rather large tree. Why did you have to live in Connlaoth?

Brisinger987

Kirnardaz had decided he had to go on a wander round Reajh. And he had seen mostly humans. He had wandered the streets with his armour on, but no one who was a religious nut was able to recognise his armour. A lack of mortal reputation was good. It meant less problems. His magic presence was a fair amount stronger than most mordecai's fields.

He wandered, seeing if the guards were intimidated by him. They were. That was good as well. They didn't know who he was. Good.

Then he spotted the deer woman. He had seen her kind before. They were fairly pure and innocent. He wanted to observe her behaviour.

"Excuse me young lady, are you lost?" He dimmed the magical eye lights on his helmet, so that she could see his ruby eyes.

Klezmer Gryphon

"Oh, yes, actually. I have a friend who lives in Reajh, but I'm unfamiliar with the city." Liarri said, looking up at the man. He was wearing a rather interesting suit of armor. Crimson, with very demonic looking engravings and embellishments. She wasn't intimidated, however, even with this man's ruby colored eyes.

Feeling a little hungry, she reached into her cloak, and pulled out an apple. Realizing that this man might also be hungry, she pulled out another one, and held it out.

"Would you like an apple?"

Brisinger987

"No thank you. Where did your friend say she lived?" Kirnardaz was deciding whether to see if he could corrupt this girl, and how easy it would be. If she was pure she would resist, and his attempts would be futile. She would be incorruptible.

Klezmer Gryphon

"Some where close to the market. Im not quite sure which end, though. He spends most of his time at the library, always researching some ancient ruin." Liarri said, correcting the man. She noticed a look in his eyes, and revealed her pendant, a silver necklace with a crescent moon charm.

"Sorry, Im not dating." She said, deterring any attempts this stranger might make.

Brisinger987

Kirnardaz's corruptive presence would hopefully begin to warp her mind soon, if he stayed with her, he could see how long it would be. He could  see how resilient purity and innocence was.

"I have no interest in becoming your partner, as nice as you seem. If you want I will help you find where you are going?" Kirnardaz smiled as he took off his helmet.

Klezmer Gryphon

"I would appreciate the help, but don't try anything. Just because we're in Connlaoth doesn't mean Im defenseless." She said, getting up from the bench. She started walking down the street, as she knew where the market was. It was the library she had a hard time finding.

She didn't even bother looking at the man's face. He could be a dragon for all she cared.

Brisinger987

"Of course, I will show you the way." Kirnardaz turned and walked with her. He walked her to the library, and stood with her.

ViKtoricus

ViKtoricus walks with a bloody sword after the lovely encounter he had with a pitiful merchant. He's several gold coins richer because of his violent streaks. He plans to have some entertainment today, so he goes to the library. He notices two characters. An overly tall person, and a cloaked woman. ViK wonders how he would fare if he was to fight that giant of a man. But since he just got done with a fight, he's not feeling like doing another fight just yet. Instead, he just decides to follow them to wherever they're going. Maybe he could make new friends today...

Klezmer Gryphon

Liarri was just about walk through the library door, when her friend just happened to walk.

"Oh, Liarri, I didn't think you were arriving until tomorrow." it was Jy'aad. The two had met a while ago in La'Marri while Jy'aad was doing an excavation.

"Well, I got here early, then. So, what's this ruin you told me about?" Liarri asked. Jy'aad was always finding ruins to explore, and today was no exception. He had actually asked Liarri to come because he had found some Damhnait ruins in northern Connlaoth.

"It's strange, but I can explain more while we walk. Oh, and who's this?" He said, finally noticing the man in the crimson armor. He looked like something straight out of one of Jy'aad's ancient tomes....

--------------------
OoC: Hey, Vik, it would be appreciated if you wrote in past-tense. Just for future reference.

ViKtoricus

((OOC: Do you require it? I always do it in present tense in an effort to make things seem alive at the moment.))

ViKtoricus notices a fairly tall person approach the duo, now making it a trio. He notices that the person is not human, but an upright black fox of some sort. He then goes like "Ah, whatever. I'll just approach them."

He then approaches them and strikes up a conversation. "What's up people? How's everyone's day going?"

Klezmer Gryphon

Liarri and Jy'aad just stare at the person who just walked up. In both Damhnait and Sionhai culture, it was rude to just walk into a conversation like that. Jy'aad, however, replied.

"I realize you don't know this, but it's rude to just walk up and enter a conversation like you just did." He said sternly. This man was about the same age as him, but it didn't matter, "but, to answer your question, my day has been great."

ViKtoricus

"I'm sorry. I'm just a forward person. I didn't mean to be rude." ViK replies. He can't afford to piss off a mob of seemingly experienced warriors... Well, except for the hooded lady. But this hooded lady could be a witch for all he knows. "My name... is ViKtoricus. And I am a famed mercenary. May I accompany you people in wherever you're going?" It's a weird proposal. You don't just walk up to strangers and offer them to be bodyguarded. That's just weird. But ViK didn't care. He's trying to make friends.

Brisinger987

"Excuse me, I don't believe we've met." Kirnardaz could feel the corrupted soul of this man feeding him energy. Brilliant in his opinion.

"My name is Kirnardaz, and yours?" Kirnardaz was already trying to decide whether this man was another demon, or just simply someone with ill intent.

----------------

OOC: I don't think there is a rule against it on the site, but we just write in past tense, it is really a habit on this site...

Klezmer Gryphon

"Well, the more the merrier." Jy'aad said. He wasn't sure of this guy had some ulterior motive, but he figured it could hurt. Even if he did attack, he'd just get his ass handed to him.

Liarri wasn't quite as willing to let a total stranger accompany them, but then again, she did let this strange guy in crimson armor lead her to the library. As the two of them headed down the street towards the city gate, a couple of guards, accompanied by two Mordecai, stopped them.

"Is there any problem?" Liarri asked, "We're not causing any trouble."

The guards, however, weren't being nice today. One pushed Liarri up against a wall, which made Jy'aad angry. Drawing his two hook swords, he slew one of the Mordecai who restrained him, and kicked the other guard in the head.

Liarri wasn't having any luck. She couldn't use any magic, being restrained by a Mordecai, although she did manage to kick one in the face, before being dragged off to local jail. Jy'aad noticed to late, as he was caught up fighting a mob of guards that had swarmed him. He slaughtered them all.

Brisinger987

Kirnardaz rushed after the guards with Jy'aad, and threw a ball of dark magic at them. "Why don't you pick on someone your own size. Or better yet me. I doubt you can kill a full blown demon prince, little petty guards." Kirnardaz drew his own swords, and killed the ones who didn't die from the corruptive gas. Jy'aad was left unharmed by sheer will alone, and innocence.

Klezmer Gryphon

Jy'aad noticed the streets were getting crowded. Damn market! He nearly lost Liarri and her captors in the crowd, but then decided to take to the roof tops. Running up the wall, he slit the throat of an archer, and continued his chase. Dodging arrows shot at him, he knocked one guard off the roof, killed one with his swords, and used another one as a springboard to jump across the street.

Liarri continued to struggle with the guards who were restraining her. They had stopped in an alley way, and shoved her against a wall. What are they doing? She got her answer when they started trying to rip her cloak off, and laughing....

Brisinger987

Kirnardaz slaughtered fifty guards in blind magical frenzy. His strain was on his energy feed though, so he walked over the guards performing unspeakable deeds.

"Leave her alone, or fight Kirnardaz, demon prince of Vorax. And I will kill you all if you continue. I will drag you back to my realm and peel the flesh from your bones using a splinter." Kirnardaz's voice shook the alley, and a tile fell from the roof above. If the guards were stupid, they would suffer.

------------------

OOC: Depending on the guards reaction determines if he drags them to his dimension or not, and leaves the thread.

Klezmer Gryphon

Liarri, shaking and half naked, started crying. Not so much from the tile falling, and Kirnardaz's threat, but form the unspeakable deeds the guards were in the middle of performing. The guards, in their sheer terror of the demon prince, fled the scene, leaving Liarri shaking like a leaf. Jy'aad showed up just as they were fleeing, and slew them, leaving no witnesses except for himself, Liarri, and the demon prince.

Walking over to Liarri, he picked up her cloak and put it around her. She would live, but she'd was shaken by the incident.

Brisinger987

Kirnardaz walked over to her, retracting his corruptive influence into an orb in his armour, the size of the gem in the centre.

"Did they hurt you Liarri?" Kirnardaz understood that she would be traumatised. He had never grown up in a world where action like that was ostracised. Demons revelled in sin and lust, and it was not taboo, but more a release for any demon that wanted it. He had found it quite perverse and rather disgusting. But he was not expected to understand the notions and feelings of demon commoners.