Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

only one word

Started by Anonymous, August 02, 2005, 11:28:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Tojaleui, or Tojabeau, as he favored to be called, waltzed down the street with a light hop in his gait. He navigated the streets like he owned them, like he had lived their once before. The stands were familiar, the stacks of delicious and succelant fruits and vegetables awaiting to be eaten - of course paid for before the eating part. But the thought of paying only tired Toja. He glanced at the cobblestoned path beneath him and wandered without worry, or even thought. Thought was never a necessity to him, or at least Ilitherya said so. But so what?

The Fox Spirit didn't fail to notice the Stand Owner Man to bend down, picking up a fallen fruit. Of course Toja didn't waste time to smoothly whisk away a shining red apple as he bit into it, a river of juice flowing into his mouth. He didn't want to think about anything other than the fact that the apple was a great speciman of what food should taste of because.. well.. What the hell was their really to think about? His boring, nomadic, and unfullfilling life? Whose life wasn't unfullfilling in same way? He didn't have a permanent, steady relationship in the sexual area, it hurt him.. But not much. Sleeping around suited his flighty and skittish style more.

The shadows strewn in an alley beckoned his prescence and he obliged greatfully, leaning against the corner of a building to munch away, most happily, at his apple. He crossed his legs at his ankles, free arm laying beside him stiffly, against the building to help balance him. Ah, so what would today bring him?

Anonymous

A young yet strikingly tall girl around the age of 14 frantically ran down the streets, dragging a large wheeled mechanism - or a 'bike', as it's creator labeled it - behind her. At a glance, she was wearing a hastily-made helmet composed of an elastic band and something unidentifyable, a white t-shirt and loose dark gray shorts combo and sported chocolate brown hair tied up into a near-shoulder length ponytail with spiked bangs shading her right eye, which was pale yellow and subtly wolf-like, her left eye no different. "Mika", they called her, or "Scatterbrain" among the long list of people unfortunate enough to talk to her.

The girl hopped between opposite sides of the streets and checked under every stand and in every corner, obviously searching for something. GAH! Where could that pesky lizard have gone now? She could've sworn that she had him on her shoulder the entire time, but all of a sudden, poof! He disappeared. Just like that. Maybe somebody randomly shouted "KITTEN EYEBALL EXPLOSION" and his brain imploded causing him to turn into a magic turtle heron and fly, fly away, who knows.  Dagnabbit, she'd already been through this street! This is the one with the crazy historian guy in the smelly hat. He makes learning fun.

Out of the blue, Mika spotted a young man leaning against the walls of an alley to her left eating a juicy-looking apple. Mika wasn't sure, but there was something different about him. Something heart-warmingly familiar, and yet unnervingly alien. For the moment, Mika dismissed it as her slipping into a hunger-induced trance and called out to him. "Hey, you! With the red hair!" she half-shouted. "You seen a big, fat, sandy-colored lizard around here? I've searched this place up and down and I can't find him anywhere!" Mika didn't realize it at the time, but it seemed pretty rude to just up and ask him without a prior introduction or anything. But hey, she'd do anything to get Leopold back, even eat a baby chicken. A LIVE baby chicken. In public. With salt. Infront of it's mother. Okay, she wasn't THAT determined to get him back, but she was damn close.

Anonymous

Toja had been quite calmly - and sanely might he add - eating his breakfast. A nice, juicey apple. Then some, rather peace-disrupting but amusing girl drove down the road and a rather strange contraption he didn't bother to caculate into the equation. He blinked when he was signalled out and that utterly drew a few glances in itself. He laughed and grinned good-naturedly. A big, fat, sandy colored lizard, eh?

"Nope! Doesn't he come when called?" Tojaleui decided to start a game... like he actually knew what the hell Mika was talking about.

Along the way he'd make up things to fill in the games, and if she even asked he'd just tell her his made up story. It'd be rather laughable, wouldn't it? Or maybe she was saner than she... appeared. For some reason he couldn't imagine the girl to be saner than he first assumed.. But first-impressions can, and often are, misleading. So he decided to be open-minded and let known of it affect his judgement. So he leaned there, wondering if her lizard came when it was called - but of course it didn't. Unless Mika had never tried calling the lizard so it therefore did not come.

I just confused myself.

Anonymous

Woah, he actually responded. Usually, people just look at her funny and then run away screaming about aliens when she talks to them. "Huh? Oh, of course not. Everytime I ask him why he doesn't come when I call him, though, he starts rambling about freedom and some guy named Jake who he says can "hook me up". He's crazy, I tell ya!" she replied, flailing her arms as an emphasis on "crazy". Everybody was indeed staring at her and Tojaleui, and the whispers had already arrived on the scene as well. She sure was good at attracting attention. Hmm... this guy didn't look like he was in much of a hurry - maybe she could trick-- err, persuade him into helping her find Leopold. Mika was never very good at finding stuff, ESPECIALLY not Leopold. The last time he escaped, she was lizardless for almost a week. She should really get one of those cardboard boxes with those oxygen holes or something.

"Say... would you mind helping me find Leopold? I don't have much, but I'm sure I can get you something of value." she offered, now standing less like a gorilla and more like, you know, a person. If he refused, well, it was back to the streets with her. Alone. Or she could just bug him about it until he complied, that usually works.

Anonymous

Toja finished off his apple, having found no reason to really respond to her thus far. Watching her was amusing - she seemed to be far more than just capable of offering him both distraction and entertainment. Everyone was staring, whispering, possibly about them. Actually, it was almost guranteed. The girl seemed utterly out of her mind, but she served a purpose as a village idiot, probably everywhere he supposed. Why not comply? Maybe he'd find he had a talent other than stealing, and which, it might make Ilitherya happy, which would make everyone happy. He could find a job - not that he wanted one.

"Ah, okay. I still think you should teach him," he retorted finally, pushing himself from the building and swaggering, sniffing the air and looking around.

What the hell did a lizard smell like?

"What does your lizard smell like?" He asked - which only attracted more odd glances, but directed at him.

He only gave the most goofy grin, left side elavated and his teeth exsposed. He crossed his at random points to get them to turn away from him. Then he glanced back at Mika, tilting his head at the more-than-obvious insane girl who probably belonged in an asylum of some sort.

Anonymous

(WARNING! Cheesyness ahead!)
"Teach him? Nahh, that'd be like teaching me to eat rocks. And I HATE eating rocks." she replied, backing out of the way to make room for Toja. "I'm Mika, by the way. What's your name?"

Now, the next question boggled even the likes of Mika. What did Leopold smell like? Why would he want to know that? Well, at least he wasn't asking what Leopold's hair smelled like - that would've been really weird. Because, y'know, he doesn't have hair. Ahh, well - she might as well give her best answer. He must've been asking the question for a reason.
"What does he smell like?" she began. "Well, I was never brave enough to find out, but I'd imagine that he smells like a mixture of wine, dust, and ins---"

All of a sudden, her speech was interrupted by the sudden and startling sound of a loud gunshot. Across the street from Mika and Tojaleui stood a masked goon pointing a smoking gun at Mika, and he was obviously the source of the gunshot. Luckily, he missed and nobody was harmed except for the road. Poor road.

He quickly fled back into the alley from which he came, but he was exposed just long enough for Mika to recognize him. "Oh, not that guy again..." she grumbled, still shaky after realizing that she could've died right then and there. Directing her attention back towards Toja, she said, "Don't worry about him. He's just angry at me for defeating him in battle. If he shows his smelly, foot-stamped face again, I'll banish him once and for all to the realm of wind and ghosts! For I am Burnt Face Woman, the bestest crime-fighting superhero in all the land!"