Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

I'm Bored Now... (Scythe, Clever-Fox)

Started by Brisinger987, July 24, 2013, 09:19:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brisinger987

Veraxitoc sat at the table, the chess board in front of him. His king was going to be in checkmate soon. If Ajax didn't move his rook to E6, Veraxitoc would be fine. If he moved the rook to E6, Veraxitoc would be trapped in row 7, and then all Ajax would have to do was move a queen or rook to row 7 and it would be game over. No pawns or bishops to hide behind, having sacrificed his queen earlier.

Methusela on the other hand was bored as hell. He was supposed to be learning chess, the most boring old people game possible. It wasn't fun, it had the pace of a dry snail, with about half as much enthusiasm. Was being old really that boring for dragons?! He sat, seemingly deflated on the ground, before he huffed.

"Meeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..." He continued to noise for as long as he could, before taking another breath and making more noise. He was soooo bored. Where was a pretty, eye-candy dragon when he needed one? Someone like Hari'lah. If she was here he wouldn't be bored. He would at least have eye candy to keep him interested.

Klezmer Gryphon

Ajax studied the board, and pondered his next move. He had one bishop left, two pawns, a rook, one knight and somehow still had his queen, and obviously still had his king. He took his time, and thought of several ways to get check mate. He went for the rook, had it between his talons, but then put it back, instead moving his knight to E6. He had a slight grin on his face. He wasn't ready to end this game just yet.

Looking over, he saw his grandson, who looked bored to tears, and chuckled a little.
"I remember being your age one time, Methusela. I had the same thoughts about board games.... Then I started playing them!"

Brisinger987

"I like board games actually, I just don't like the ones which take five million years to play! And it looks like that's how it is going because Veraxitoc is naturally immortal and will no doubt spend the next 5 years "umming and aahin" over this freaking game!" Methusela huffed and realised he had gotten up to rant. He huffed again, sighed, and let his head drop to the floor with a thud.

Veraxitoc was really just off in the land of chess figurines. He was visualising every move. Then he spotted it.

He picked up the knight he had left, and collected Ajax's night.

"There we go..."

Klezmer Gryphon

"Well played, but, I believe it is game over for you." Ajax said, moving his rook to E6 now. He had sacrificed the knight so he could take out Veraxitoc's piece, and trap his king. When he heard Methusela's comment, he replied with a remark of his own.
"Well, all board games take time to play, Methusela. Chess can move very quickly, provided one doesn't think of any strategy, and moves the pieces at random."

Brisinger987

"I best be off, and Methusela, no arguing with your grandfather. It's rude and unkind." Veraxitoc looked at the sky, and judging by the time of day, he should have been travelling by now. He needed to take a long trip south, and he had planned to set off earlier.

"It doesn't do anything, it's just moving pieces. I can do it without trying..." Methusela gave a proud look. He could beat his old man's old man at chess, it would be like taking a cake piece from a human baby.

Klezmer Gryphon

"Alright, Veraxitoc, I suppose we can play another game later." Ajax said as his fellow chess player flew off. He looked at Methusela, and reset the board, with his prices being white, and Methusela's black.

"And, Methusela, you really think you can beat your grandpa at chess? I welcome you to try." He said as he put the pieces in place. He'd have a little fun with his grandson, as Shamgar was in town at the moment, hopefully talking with the blacksmith as he had been instructed. But, he concentrated on spending time with his grandson for the moment, letting his other thoughts wander.

Brisinger987

"I'll show you I can beat you..." He grumbled as he shifted into a form that could hold the pieces.

"Come on then old man. Whites move first." Methusela looked at Ajax expectantly. If this guy couldn't win, then Azuma was going down later. If Methusela didn't die of old age before the old git made his move.

Scythe-Nova

Hari'lah had just come out of her cave as she saw Veraxitoc fly out of a cave next to hers, She heard Methusela and someone she did not know. Since her cave had a Lava stream inside of it she had rested while bathing in the lava and as such her scales were steaming in the cold air. She looked inside the cave that she had heard Methusela to find the small dragon that turned human and a Gryphon, She knew there were gryphons around the colony but she did not know any of them yet

-"Hello there i hope i'm not intruding, Hi Methusela"

She said as she moved inside the cave and saw the strange thing that they were using, Hari'lah were not familiar with the human world and such knew nothing if the games that they had.

-"What is that?"

She asked curiously and looked upon the chess set with interest.

Klezmer Gryphon

"Oh, well, hello there! Are you by any chance Methusela's girlfriend?" Ajax said, chuckling. He was using every parenting trick he knew, and he was enjoying himself. Looking back the board for a brief second, he moved his knight to G6, and waited for Methusela, who was no doubt embarrassed by his earlier remark.

Brisinger987

"N-n-no! She's just a friend..." Methusela tried to hide his obvious embarrassment from Hari'lah. He only wished she was his girlfriend.

He looked at the move, and made his own. Pawn to B4.

"No you're not intruding Hari'lah, just whooping this old man's arse at chess." Methusela sat back smugly. This old geezer had probably forgotten the rules already.

Klezmer Gryphon

"Well, this old man was the most feared force on the battlefield!" He said. He moved his own piece, pawn to G5. He wouldn't give Methusela the satisfaction of a quick game. Then, to prove his point about the battlefield, he drew his scimitar, and chucked it across the cave, splitting a small pebble the size of a dime in half.

Scythe-Nova

Hari'lah stopped mid-movement when the gryphon made his comment and she heated up making her scales fume against the air inside the cave causing some steam to come off her.

-"...Ah anyways what is this Chess?"

She asked and looked at the board and tilting her head in curiosity, Her eyes followed the moves both of the players made maybe she could learn how to play herself later.

Brisinger987

"It's a stupid game for stupid old people with nothing to do." Methusel shifted back to dragon form, knocking the table and pieces everywhere. He looked at the cave pool and judged if it was warm or cold. It was warm, by the steam coming off of it, no doubt a lava hot spring under the water and stone heating it up.

He dove in, not caring for splashing Ajax and rendering him unable to fly, and trying not to splash Hari'lah incase the water was cold. He felt it against his scales and it was scolding hot.

"Care to come for a swim Hari'lah? The water isn't cold, it's hot. There's no chance a git like you could swim in this Ajax, this is dragon water."

Klezmer Gryphon

"Well, aren't we the fickle one?! You just said "you would whoop my arse", and now you just give up...." Ajax said. He walked over to where his sword was, stuck in a rock up to the hilt. He sat there a moment, decking whether or not to pull it out. On one hand, he may need it in the figure, but on the other, it looked nice where it was. And, he couldn't fly for the moment, either, so, while he w pondering his options regarding his sword, he watched Methusela and Hari'lah.

Scythe-Nova

Hari'lah watched the two before Methusela flipped the board and jumped into a water pool, The small droplets of water that landed on her turned into steam quickly. She lowered her head towards the gryphon in an apologetic gesture before making her way to the cave pool before diving right into it and diving deeper into it looking up at Methusela, The small black dragon was not that far from her own age so it was just appropriate that they would play together.

-"..."

As she could not use telepathy she simply looked at Methusela for him to lead her where he wanted to go, She opened her third eye to see better in the water.

Brisinger987

Methusela dove underneath the water, the sheer ability of his eyes just allowing him to see underwater, born of a natural ability to see in all conditions.

"My god I hate him sometimes, so obsessed with when he was "the best on the battlefield". War is a bunch of crap if you ask me..." His thoughts were projected to her, as an offer of communication, if she wanted it.

Scythe-Nova

"He's just old remembering one's prime is not unusual, Anyway was there somewhere you wanted to go?"

She thought back hoping that her thoughts were broadcasted back, Her wings folded around herself making her more streamlined so that she could swim better in the water. She could hold her breath for many more minutes so she were not worried about being under water too long.

Brisinger987

"I just wanted to get away from him really, from the boredom, I enjoy swimming." He swam near one of the underwater volcanic vents. He popped one to see what it smelled like. It smelled like clean air.

He swallowed three bubbles to give himself something to respire.

"You ever played water tag?"

Scythe-Nova

"No not really, i haven't had time to play with other dragons of my age"

She thought back as she swam through the water very gracefully and very fast, The fin on her tail was completly unfolded and looked kinda large but it had a beautifull orange colour to it.

"But why not show me around? i have not had the time to get a feel of how large the colony is yet"

Brisinger987

"Okay, I'll give you a tour." Methusela beckoned for her to swim to the surface with him. He couldn't stop thinking about just how attractive she was. And how nice.

He surfaced, deliberately making another splash in Ajax's face.

"Hey, gramps, I'm taking Hari'lah on a tour, you coming with?"