Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The New Manager? (Open to CIA)

Started by zozee9, July 25, 2013, 01:56:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colonel Mustard

"Aha! I remember! You clearly don't understand the art of drinking. Or girls. Because we both know I am one hot girl and you are one hot guy and do you want to have sex with me?"

Same was quiet for a few moments at that, allowing Jaxel's admonishment to simply wash over him. His face twitched a bit in bafflement at the statement, and he weighed up his options. If she didn't stink of booze and vomit and wasn't obviously drunk she would probably be pretty attractive, but as it was.

"I'll just forget that you said that because you're drunk," he said. "And no Thenwick will take advantage of a drunk lady; that bit of wisdom was passed down to me by Papa Thenwick and by the gods do I intend to honour his word."

He decided to ignore Jaxel's sudden display of acrobatics. Something about this place attracted crazies, he decided. He just hoped that once work started flowing again it would make put up with lunatics worth it.

zozee9

Tanya paused after Sam spoke, tossing his words around in her mind. After a second of processing, she snapped and pointed to him before saying, "Then tonight, when I'm sober." Or at least mostly sober.

Then she turned to the acrobatic doing dragon man. Shaking her head slowly as to not worsen her disappearing headache, Tanya said, "Just watching you is making me sick." If she was upside down right now, a lot more bowls would be needed.

Tanya tilted her head sideways, finally deciding to think about her boss's question. What kind of job had she signed up for, anyway? Eh, it didn't matter to her. "I," Tanya declared while pointing at herself, "am a genius. A scholar, to be exact." While the scholar part was debatable, it was true that Tanya was pretty smart. The fact that her speech had stayed so formal even when she was so drunk may have hinted at that fact, but people typically didn't notice that.
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

Art Thread: Here! | deviantArt Profile: Here <3

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

TheHighwayman

"Huh. We could use more people like that, come to think of it." Jax, once again, didn't seem the least bit concerned that this claim was being made by someone holding a bucket. Lifting himself up on his hands, he flipped down into his chair once more. "Anything else? And anything you'd care ta mention, Khanna?"

The strange man slipped his sword from his scabbard and began fiddling with the blade. A couple of times he tossed it in his hand as if he were about to start juggling it. "Oh! Hold on, if we're welcoming rookies to the fold there's something here..." Jaxel dropped the sword on the desk and darted to the corner of the room, where he began feeling about in the piles of papers for something. "Here it is... just have to get it open... Keep talking, I'm listening."

Caerina

"Oh-Okay." she said watching him shift among piles of paper "The name is Khanna, I usually deal with stuff and cases no one else wants to take, you know those with the highest bounties." she said with a grin. And it was true. She usually always took the baddest and not to mention ugliest cases. They were hard and after every one of those cases she would return with a more then one scar to show. But she also returned with a bunch of money and sometimes she even got an interesting artifact she could use.

"I don't really use much weaponry. Usually just my two daggers." she said showing her daggers. She didn't mention magic. They didn't need to know that, and she usually didn't use it in combat. "Also, I have a lot of knowlege in ancient languages and magic subjects." she said "And, that's all about me."

zozee9

Tanya watched as the dragon man played with the sword. She could tell by how he handled it that he was pretty experienced. She leaned forwards (almost a little too much). It was fascinating to watch—she could see his connection with the blade even though he wasn't actually using it. Things like that didn't form overnight. But then he put it down and headed for papers and Tanya immediately lost interest, leaning back in her chair again.

The girl started talking so Tanya turned her attention to her. Highest bounties? "You," she started, yet again using her finger to indicate who she was talking about, "are a gold digger." Then she started laughing, as if it was the funniest thing she had said all day.

After a few seconds of this and a few more seconds of deep breathing, Tanya returned her focus to her boss. "I am also a really good actor!" she stated proudly. "I can fool people into thinking I'm sober when I'm actually not!" What she said was normally true, but even she was too wasted to do that.

Tanya laid her head back into the chair, closed her eyes, and started to snore. In less than five seconds, she jerked back upright and yelled, "FOOLED YOU ALL! I wasn't actually sleeping!" Then she started laughing again. "Ha! I am just too funny today!"

She looked back at her boss and, as if it were just an afterthought, added, "Oh, I'm also really good at gathering information. Whether it's from observation or weaseling it out of people, I'm top notch."
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

Caerina

Khanna switched her attention on the drunken lady.
"I am a gold digger" she smiled widely "And you are a drunk, I am sure we'lll make an excellent team." she said with sarcasm.

So what if she loved money. Who didn't? Even since she was a slave she always imagined how great would it be to have lots of money. Lots of gold and silver coins, exchanging them in whatever you need. It was almost painful to remember that her coin purse was now practically empty. She glanced towards it. Yup, perhaps there was still a silver coin, or two.

"You are a great actress. I'm surprised you are working here and not in some theatre." her voice sounded serious and interested, but in fact she was just joking. And it was very obvious. She didn't quite understand how this woman was going to help them with the buisness. This is bound to be interesting,she thought as with a smile.

TheHighwayman

Jaxel finally got the small chest he'd been wrestling with open, grabbing four glasses and two small bags of coins. The glasses he set carefully on the table, and the coins he tossed to each of the women. "There's your first pay. Any gear you think you'll need, any debts ya might have, take care of those first. It's a bit more than you'll normally get, seeing as not everyone who shows up has enough to supply themselves."

Diving back into the chest, he pulled out a large bottle of wine. "And this is for a toast, once we've got everything sorted out. Now, lessee... what else should I ask...? Oh, right! Can either of you ride a horse?" Jax marked down a few notes on each of their papers and then leaned back in his chair, finally seeming to have settled down a bit... though he did pick up his saber again.

zozee9

Tanya giggled more as the red head proudly admitted what she was. Then she sported a wide smile as the girl commented about making an excellent team... since she was too drunk so sense the sarcasm. It had been a while since Tanya had a teammate.

Pointing to herself with both thumbs, Tanya explained (as if it was way too obvious), "I am a scholar! Acting is just a mere talent of mine." Then she scoffed.

But before Jaxel got the chest open, Tanya pulled on the top of her tight dress so that there was a gap big enough that she could almost see as far as her bellybutton. Then she stuck her arm down that gap and pulled a gold coin out of her corset. She let go of the dress and it immediately regained its tight form as Tanya smiled again, reaching and dropping the coin on Khanna's lap. "For my own special golddigger!" she yelled.

Seeing the coins that were now on the table, Tanya added, "Hey! Dragon boy is also giving you money! Lucky you!" She grabbed her bag of coins and set it on her own lap. Picking up her glass, she was just about to ask why it was empty before she saw the bottle of wine Jaxel was holding.

Pointing at the bottle, Tanya said, "Now that is what I'm talking about. That is good wine there. What was that worth?"

Then, using her fingers to keep track of her numbers, Tanya mumbled to herself, "Let's see... given where we are... it was probably about ten silver pieces... but it's been getting made more often... so maybe eight... plus tax... so nine silver pieces."

Putting her fingers down and looking straight at her boss, she tilted her head sideways and asked, "Nine silver pieces?" Chances were, she was right. Tanya knew her alcohol better than anything else. "And I can ride a horse! I learned to when I was quite young!" In fact, she had ridden her first horse alone when she was four. So yes, she knew how to ride a horse. The main problem was staying on the horse after a few bottles of beer.

Caerina

Khanna stared at the coin in her lap. Damn, if she wasn't such a golddigger she would've refused her. But money was way more important. She took the coin and smiled, putting it in her coin purse. As Jaxel put the bag of coins on the table, her eyes went wide. And again, she smiled widely, grabing the bag. One, two, three.. She happily counted with a satisfied grin.

"For new boots, for a necklace I saw..." she murmured more to herself, than to the others.

Khanna already had plans what and where is she going to buy. She was moneyless for days now, and she couldn't wait for her new payment. Then she looked at Tanya who already made calculations. It was a miracle that she was still awake after the amount of liquid she vomited just a few minutes ago. Fastly, Khanna did the calculations in her head. She was astonished, the drunken lady was right.

"You're smart.. But no more wine for you." she said, moving the bottle away from her. The last thing they needed was for her to pass out.

zozee9

Tanya looked at Khanna, her mouth wide open. Then it changed to a pout, as she crossed her arms and looked away from the red headed girl. "Hmph," Tanya said grumpily. "You are no longer my teammate."

When she sobered up some more, Tanya might appreciate the girl a little more. After all, right after she made her comment, her stomach felt upset again. Eyes wide and her hand on her stomach, she stood up and ran straight to the couch where the bowl still was. Luckily, she made it in time.

After throwing up, Tanya moaned, set the bowl on the ground, and slouched on the couch. She decided it wasn't worth it to go back to her chair. She slowly slid down the back of the couch until she was laying on her side, facing towards the people. Tanya closed her eyes, yawned, and sent a wave to all the people before explaining, "I'm going to take a nap now..." Then, a second later, she pointed directly to Sam (and was accurate, even though her eyes were closed) and mumbled, "You can prepare yourself for tonight..."

She was asleep, sound as she'd ever be.

TheHighwayman

Jaxel ignored Khanna's objections, pouring a glass for each of them. "Not a bad guess. But I got half a silver off because I know the seller pretty well." He grinned and pushed three of the glasses forward, scribbling down a bit more. He just raised an eyebrow and kept fiddling with his blade as Tanya puked and fell on the couch. "Well, no harm in letting her stay there I guess. Now, about rooms... You're welcome to any room that's not already been claimed. They're up the stairs, so feel free to have a look whenever- you can tell if they're open by the nameplate out front. Oh! And before I forget, I should introduce you to someone."

With that he jumped up, went to his back shelf, and dug around the piled of assorted junk he seemed to have collected. "Knew it was here somewhere... ah-hah!" He withdrew a small key and beamed. Giving two quick taps on the edge of the key, he said, "Alright now, come on out. We've got rookies to welcome. Don't tell me you're asleep in there..." Jax sat back down and continued messing with the key, apparently oblivious to the fact that it made him look even more like a lunatic.

((OOC: Raisin wanted to join in, so I'm giving him his cue. Don't want it to hold up the thread too long though, so feel free to keep posting until he sees a good spot to jump in.))

Colonel Mustard

It appeared that Tanya was asleep, and Sam breathed a quiet sigh of relief at this turn of events. The woman was completely, utterly crazed, that much was obvious, and she seemed pretty genuine in her desire to bed him even though he was a complete stranger. He wasn't adverse to sex, not in the slightest, and any good looking man or woman was fair game as long as they were up for it, but half of the fun was in the leadup to it all. Just going and shagging Tanya at the drop of the hat felt like a bit of an empty effort.

Also, she didn't smell too great. That certainly didn't help.

"So, Khanna," Sam said, in an effort to distract himself from Tanya's snoring form. "What brought to the hallowed halls of our fine guild?"

Caerina

Khanna begun drinking her wine. She wasn't too keen on drinking, but she supposed she could, once in a while take a glass of wine. Like a celebration. She threw a glance at Tanya who was snoring loudly. Not that Khanna minded, as long as she was quiet in some corner, she was just fine with the snoring. She reverted her attention to Sam. She was kinda scared for the poor guy, because Tanya didn't seem like the type who easily gives up. Except, if she stays asleep, then perhaps he could be saved from her. But only tonight, who knows what'll happen tomorrow.

"Money and adventure." she said and smiled. Every mission with a big enough amount of money is a go for Khanna. That's why she always finished with those close-to-impossible assigments. Not that she minded.

She also threw a glance to her boss who was... Well, let's just say Khanna wasn't sure what he was doing, but she didn't mind it not with the amount of money she just received. But, he did look strange. Khanna will just have to get use to it, isn't she?

raisin

Zehad was incredibly stiff and sore. He had been cooped up in his key for who knows how long, and he was reaching the end of his breaking point when his master had finally thought to give him a bit of free range. As he slowly started to take his form in the room, he surveyed his surroundings. People. Fabulous. He smiled as he felt himself become complete again. He wiggled his toes and began to speak.
"Oh, Master Cray, you have outdone yourself. You've found people genuinely dense enough to volunteer to join this motley crew which you seem to be amassing. Congratulations."
The djinn turned his eyes onto the members of the guild.
"Trust me, you should quit now, my Master is an absolute buffoon and will almost certainly get you all killed."

zozee9

Tanya, completely unaware of what was going on around her, was in a world of her own.

Physically, she was snoring loudly and in an unladylike manner. Her dress was starting to ride up her well toned thighs as she moved around uncomfortably in her sleep. Mumbling something incomprehensible, she finally turned around so that her back was facing towards the surrounding crew. That only made her dress climb up more.

Mentally, she was dreaming of a giant library. She, of course, was the librarian. At her desk, she could summon one of the many hot men or women who were working for her. There was also a stash of booze. While money had never been an issue for her—though it is a mystery why that's so—in this dream, Tanya had more money than a single person could ever need. She could buy all the booze, books, and beauty she wanted. She smiled in her sleep.

Looshi

"I'll second the genie." Eirdis said, stepping into the room. She had heard bits a pieces of the conversation, but it was enough to grasp what Jaxel was doing. Or did. Her sleepy eyes looked over the two women; one passed out with a content expression on her face, and the other sipping with hesitant motions at the glass of wine that had been offered to her by the boss, no doubt. Not as gregarious as the other with their alcohol, if she assumed right with the snoring one. They were human. Or at least appearing, you didn't know with these surface dwellers - they could be a toad in disguise. Eirdis scrunched up her thick eyebrows. They were too tall, too long limbed and had a sore lack of facial hair either way.

"But we all die eventually." She continued with a shrug, and slipped off the weathered backpack from her broad shoulders. The cooking pot attached to the side clattered as it hit the ground. Flipping the pack open, she began to dig through it, leading to the eventual finding of a little wooden box. She put it on Jaxel's desk, as fast as her short legs could take her.

"They couldn't pay in coin." She said, "So here are some turnip seeds."

"By the way, I'm Eirdis Stoneoath." She said to the one conscious girl. "I'm a Dwarf, and a woman. Lets get that out of the way, shall we?" She took one of the braids of her moustache between her fingers and played with it. "Welcome aboard."

TheHighwayman

Jaxel shot the pair of doubters an upside down grimace- at some point he'd ended up being upside down again- and uttered a cry of protest. "Hey now, that's no fair. I've not gotten anyone killed yet, have I? I mean, besides the people I stabbed.... or captured and they ended up being executed... or that one guy I pushed off a building... nevermind! The point is that I've not gotten anyone on my side killed yet!"

With a grunt, the man flipped off the chair and over the desk, somehow downing his glass of wine without spilling any and grabbing the bottle in the process. He landed just behind Eirdis and Khanna, looking about with a cheery expression on his face. "So miss Khanna, Eirdis here is our resident weapons expert. You need a bit of practice or a few pointers, she's the one to see. As for a sparring partner, feel free to ask anyone here. I'm usually up for a match, personally. As for Zehad- he's a friend of mine. Won his key in a bet against some drunkard or other... don't ask me how he got it. Zehad, treat everyone here as if they were me... unless their wish happens to be something that would set me or the Keep on fire or something. Hrm... On second thought, don't. I'd rather you not welcome everybody by calling them 'absolute buffoons' or worse."

With that taken care of, Jaxel scooped up the box and peered inside. Turnip seeds... not as good as gold, but they'd find something to use them for. Maybe they could start a turnip garden or something? Though he wasn't very fond of turnips himself... The man made a disgusted face and put the box back. He'd worry about that later. Out of the corner of his eye he noticed Tanya's dress slipping along. "Speaking of wishes, could ya give the lady over there a sheet or something? At this rate she'll climb right out of that thing before she wakes up."

Caerina

Khanna was suprised to see a female dwarf working at CIA. They were rare and usually were reluctant to work with humans. But it seemed like Eirdis was friendly enough... And hairy enough. Truth to be said, Khanna never saw a live dwarf, and had no idea how they looked like, except that they were short and hairy. She didn't think that the second part would apply on the dwarven women.

"Thank you, I'm Khanna." she said, finally putting down her glass of wine.

"Oh and Jaxel, if I need anything I'll ask." she said turning her attention to her boss.

Her dear drunken coworker was practically lying naked, since her dress slipped way to high for comfort. She sighed and got up from her chair, taking off her cloak and covering her. At least save some pride, for gods sake, Khanna thought. She had the strangest feeling that this is how her missions were about to look: Running around with a drunken lady who flirts with everyone and tries to sleep with them and then falls asleep on random places and make Khanna save her. Damn. Like she didn't have enough trouble withouth that.

Looshi

"I was paying you a compliment." Eirdis said, a light in her eyes. Dwarves were a funny lot. In the eyes of humans. To herself, she made perfect sense. What Dwarf didn't want to work with dullards and have a chance life threatening danger? It kept things interesting. And in a way, Eirdis knew she was not going to die from whatever Jaxel threw at her. It was not in her destiny, and she believed it no matter how ridiculous it sounded. A beard was a pivotal character, it had to be true.

She wasn't phased by her boss' back flips, she had been around long enough to know that they were his usual mode of transportation, or so it seemed. Though the trick with the wine, he was really showing off. Desperate are we, Jaxel? Eirdis found that amusing.

"Pleased to meet you Khanna." She said, reaching out a hand for her to shake. But then, she retreated to take off her glove, then offered it again. See, she could be polite. "I'm sure we'll all be good friends here."

Her eyes glanced over to the other woman, the one that was crawling out of her dress as she slept. "Guess I'll introduce myself to her later, I seemed to have missed the chance."

Eirdis gave a nod of approval when the new girl, Khanna, placed her cloak over the other. She might have been getting cold. Can't have that. Still, being able to move like that while asleep and not wake yourself up was impressive. Though, it might have been the alcohol.

"Hey, Jaxel. Where's Delvar?" Everyone one else was accounted for, by her count. But where was her Dwarven 'buddy'?

Paradox

If no one knew, everyone was certainly going to find out! A tremendous BOOM sounded from the room adjacent to theirs and the whole room shook fleetingly. Moments later smoky dust started pouring out of the other room and a short, stout figure covered in ashes and dust came charging out in a fit of coughing.

Delvar found Jaxel and the others assembled, though if he took notice to the newest arrivals at CIA, he didn't acknowledge it openly. Instead he looked up at Jaxel and said (well, more like shouted since he was hard of hearing and all ) "Ah was SO close tah makin' a concoction that'll turn a chicken egg into solid gold! Moost've botched an ingredient somewhere. " he shrugged ,"Ah well. Ah hope ye were needin' a new door, because we now 'ave one! Ah blew hole in the wall big enough fer ye to do yer silly acrobatics through 'em even. Surprise! "

Now he noticed the newcomers, Tanya and Khanna and shouted (though not by intention) , "Who're  they?"

Tags: