Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Not exactly a good impression(zozee9)

Started by Hadrian, August 08, 2013, 10:07:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hadrian

"This looks like a good place to make camp",said Hadrian, addressing vernon and jean.

Hadrian was running out of daylight and knew he needed to recuperate after a long day of travel. The setting sun had made a beautiful mix of colors like purple,orange,and red. It was a warm day but it had a nice crisp breeze. The weather was beautiful but the nights were cold and long, just like they had always been since he had left.

"Where even are we?", Jean complained,"We're in the middle of nowhere".
"We don't have a destination, we're running out of food,and we reek".

"Shut up, Jean", Answered Hadrian,"Help me pitch this tent".

The night was creeping in and the trio had just finished pitching the tent. Hadrian noticed vernon was very quiet. This was not normal, Hadrian's loudmouth,immature friend was always blabbering. Perhaps he was tired,Hadrian thought. Hadrian knew better though, he decided that he should talk to him later.

"Hadrian, can you help me get this splinter out of my foot?", Jean asked.

"Sure, hold still", Hadrian said,"Damn, your feet fucking stink"

Hadrian pulled the splinter out with ease. Hadrian then turned his attention outside of the tent. He thought he heard something.

zozee9

Lali walked along the path, her white dress flowing in the gentle wind. She was carrying a white pouch that, unlike its simple looks, actually had an infinite inventory. She loved enchanted items, and a pouch that could hold all of her stuff without weighing a lot was quite lovely.

She watched the beautiful sunset with a smile playing on her lips. Sunsets were almost as pretty as the starry night sky. Lali always wondered if her mom was watching her every night... or was she just another child of some promiscuous nymph?

Her thoughts got interrupted by the sound of people talking. Somebody was complaining about lack of food. Glancing down at her pouch, she wondered if she should give him some of hers. Deciding it was the right thing to do, she started heading off the path towards the talking, which was only about a minute away. She had missed seeing the tents before because she was so focused on the colorful sky.

The sound of sticks crunched underneath Lali's feet as she walked in front of the tent. Then she stopped moving. What should I do? she thought. I can't just walk in there, that would be strange. Maybe I should just leave food out here... but what if they're lost? It kind of sounded like they might be lost. Unsure, she just looked back up at the sunset, hoping that it would tell her the best course of action.
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

Art Thread: Here! | deviantArt Profile: Here <3

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

Hadrian

Hadrian looked outside his tent to see a woman standing. Hadrian looked with surprise at this woman wondering. who was she? Why was she here? What was she doing all the way out here?
The sunset was now a nice purple as it neared closer to night. Then it hit him,"Why can't I have this happen to me more?",he thought to himself. A woman appeared at his tent, alone, and beautiful. Hadrian then remembered his younger brother and friend were there. He knew he couldn't do anything around his brother. Hadrian's instincts told him to be cautious but his mind told him to stand down. Even though she looked friendly he still reached his hand behind his back to ready his sheathed dual daggers.

"Hello... Can I help you",Hadrian said cautiously

zozee9

Lali jumped as she heard somebody talking to her. Looking down from the sunset, she saw an elven man. He must have come out of the tent, she decided.

She moved her gaze from him to her pouch, which she then stuck her hand into... and then most of her forearm. Feeling around, she finally grasped some bread and pulled it out of the pouch. Holding it out for the elf, Lali stayed completely silent.

The expression on her face was one of kindness, composed of a nice smile and big, welcoming eyes. Her long, dark blue hair flowed in the wind like her dress. In moments like these, especially with a nice sunset in the background below a starry night sky, her nymph beauty really shone.
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

Hadrian

Hadrian looked down at the woman's hand. It was holding some bread. She seemed to be giving him the bread. Hadrian reached out to her hand and grabbed the bread. Her hands were soft and gentle, her smile was friendly and sincere. Hadrian put the bread in his pocket for later. Vernon walks out of the tent looking surprised and astonished. Both of them were very cautious around this stranger. Yet they were very grateful.

"Why are you helping us?", said Hadrian.

Hadrian looked over at Vernon with a look only Vernon understood. Hadrian then nodded in confirmation. Vernon walked back into the tent and gave jean some of the bread.

zozee9

Lali watched as another person walked out of the tent. She watched as he took the bread and went back into the tent. He was probably giving it to the rest of the people here, she decided. How many people are there? she wondered. Maybe I should give more food to them...

Instead of responding to the elven man, she grabbed a jar of strawberries from her pouch and handed them to him. Talking to strangers was dangerous. It was one of the things she remembered after the event. But helping people was good. So as long as she helped without talking, she should be fine. That was Lali's logic.

Hadrian

Hadrian acknowledged her silence immediately. He wondered why she was so uptight. He took a few steps closer to her. He stepped slowly so he did not alert her. Maybe she didn't speak in common. Maybe she couldn't hear him. He walked until she was within arms length from him.

"Listen honey I can't repay you I you don't tell me your name" ,Hadrian said with a much more sincere, soft voice than before. He looked at the woman who,in turn looked very nervous. It seemed like maybe she didn't want to talk to them. He didn't understand why though.

"Who is that?",jean called out from the tent.

"Get back in the tent",Hadrian answered.

"What's your name", he said as he looked back at the woman

zozee9

Lali stood still as he walked closer to her. He didn't seem as if he was planning on harming her and she found no reason to back away. All the same, she wasn't too comfortable with why he wanted to know her name. He didn't have to repay her.

She heard a new voice from the tent. So far she had counted three people.

Looking at the elven man in front of her, Lali merely shook her head. She wasn't planning on telling him her name. In fact, she wasn't sure why she was still at the campsite at all. She had already given them food. So she waved at him and turned around before heading back towards the path.

Hadrian

Hadrian was shocked that all she did was shake her head and wave goodbye. He was actually more offended then shocked. Hadrian watched as she walked away gracefully and swiftly. Hadrian knew he couldn't let this opportunity pass by him. He was letting a beautiful woman walk away from him without even saying a word. Part of him wanted to be angry, but he knew he shouldn't be. He decided to take one last attempt at communication with her.

"Excuse me....wait up",he called out while catching up to her," Why do you have to leave so soon, It's only the three of us. We won't hurt you, if that's what your worried about. Please, stay, I'd love to get to know you."

zozee9

Lali paused as she heard him call for her. She turned around saw him closer to her than she had expected. But he wanted her to stay, and she saw no reason to reject him.

So she nodded her head, threw him a smile, and started walking back towards the tent. Then, after about three steps, she stopped again. Turning towards the elven man, she explained, "I'm Lali." She continued walking again, wondering if maybe she and him could become friends. She liked having friends. She could talk to them all she wanted without worrying about danger. And maybe the other two of them would be friends with her as well.

Hadrian

Her response was not what he had expected. Hadrian was not ready for the response given to him. Either way, he got her to stay and that was good. Hadrian had heard her say her name was lali, he thought that was a nice name. Hadrian walked back to the tent with her. The two looked out of their decently sized tent and stepped outside.

"Guys, this is Lali. Lali, that's Vernon, and that's Jean. Why don't we sit outside, I'll get a fire going."

Hadrian then went into the tent to grab some wood for the fire. Before he left the tent, he made sure to grab some ale. Hadrian got back outside and sat down next to Lali.

Hadrian looked over at Lali,"Want some?" , he said gesturing towards the ale.

zozee9

Lali curtsied to both Vernon and Jean. She remembered that it was the polite thing to do, and people always seemed happy when she did it. Sitting down, she watched her two acquaintances with curiosity. Were they on a big journey? Or perhaps just visiting family? She kept making up possibilities without actually saying anything until her thoughts were interrupted by the elven man.

Looking at the ale, she quickly scrunched up her nose and shook her head. Then, pointing towards him, she asked, "Your name?" After all, he had introduced her to the other two but not to himself. She smiled at him, and then to the other two, and then back at him again.

Hadrian

Acknowledging her decline Hadrian tossed the bottle to Vernon. Vernon then moved all of the firewood closer together. Then snapped his fingers and a little flame was emmiting from his hand. He moved his hand under the big logs down to the kindle and placed the flame there. He backed up and after a quick motion, the fire was full size. It sizzled and cracked as it burned through the wood. It was real handy having a Mage with you.

"I'm Hadrian. Nice to meet you.", Hadrian said with a smile,"So,Lali, What are you doing all the way out here?"

zozee9

Lali jumped and then scooted backwards when the fire was started. Not because she was surprised by the magic, but because fire always made her feel uncomfortable. Although she didn't realize it at the time, it was her celestial nymph blood that detested it. Just as water made her magic stronger, fire made it weaker.

She looked at Hadrian curiously. Should she tell him? He seemed nice enough. Plus, what would he do to her? Lali didn't believe he would hurt her. After all, he said he'd love to get to know her. So after that brief pause of thinking, she responded, "Searching for my memories." Then, as if that was a completely normal thing to say, she continued, "How about you and your crew?"

Hadrian

It appeared as though the fire had scared Lali. Hadrian looked at Vernon and gestured toward the fire. Understanding him Vernon made the fire a little smaller to try to comfort Lali. Hadrian always tried to make his guests feel good around him. He thought happy guests meant a good time always.

"Search for my memories", he thought,"Hah! That's funny". Hadrian thought that was funny because she was doing the opposite of him. He was doing something a little more common.

"Searching for memories,eh?" Hadrian laughed while he said it," I'm trying to escape my memories. So where are you trying to go?".

zozee9

Lali smiled at Vernon when he made the fire smaller. She hadn't wanted to be a bother, but she was appreciative nonetheless. She stayed where she was, anyway. No use moving closer to the fire, even if it was smaller.

She frowned when Hadrian laughed at her. What was so funny? She had finally said something serious and he just laughed her off. But she was curious why he was trying to escape his memories. Lali felt like it would be better to have bad memories but know what they are than to have no memories at all. She had debated this a lot. After all, she didn't know if she had been some psychopath murderer before her memories were erased. It was a creepy thought, but always a possibility.

"Everywhere," she responded, saying nothing else. Him laughing at her had made her close up a little more again.

Hadrian

Vernon and Jean were surprisingly quiet tonight. They usually just talked non-stop about whatever was on their mind. Finally Vernon broke silence with an answer to Lali statement. It was first word he had said in a while.

"Everywhere huh? Interesting. Do you have any leads on your memories?", Vernon said completely serious.

The three of them were looking for purpose. Maybe their purpose was to help people? Maybe it was to kill people? They didn't know what they were doing with their lives. Perhaps helping her would be a good way to learn about themselves and the world?

zozee9

While Lali might be silent at this time herself, she didn't enjoy silence. This was mostly because she was actually quite talkative... just not around strangers. So she shuffled around uncomfortably in her seat until Vernon spoke up.

Unlike Hadrian, he seemed serious. He didn't laugh at her. So Lali smiled kindly at him and explained, "Not really. I've had leads, but most of them have been dead ends. The only person I have any clue about is my mother... I figure the rest I'll just learn by luck."

After all, she knew her mom was a celestial nymph. And there were legends about celestial nymphs and how to meet or contact them. But her dad and the rest of her family and friends were a mystery. She didn't even know if she knew anybody. Lali could have grown up in the woods for all she knew.

Hadrian

Vernon sat there listening with all his attention on Lali. For some reason he didn't seem to be focusing on listening but more Lali in general. Hadrian knew what he was thinking. He did not mind all that much. Jean on the other hand didn't quite understand fully what was happening. Vernon kept gazing at Lali the whole time until she finished her sentence. He then looked over at Hadrian and said...

"What do you think of this?",Vernon spoke confidently.

"I think it would be best to find her mother first. She might have some answers for you.", Hadrian stated clearly and quickly.

Jean then leaned over to Vernon and whispered something in his ear. Hadrian did not notice it at the moment though. Vernon nodded quickly at what Jean said and continued the conversation normally.

zozee9

Lali kept smiling at Vernon even after she finished talking. He was paying attention to her and was being so kind—she liked it. Maybe I should reward him, she thought. Give him a present for his kindness!

"I've been looking for her for three years now," Lali explained slowly. "The problem is that even though I know what she is, I don't know who she is. Or have many clues as to where she is..." She hadn't missed that Jean had whispered to Vernon, but didn't find it necessary to ask what he said. It didn't really affect her... and that would mean more talking, anyway.