Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Not exactly a good impression(zozee9)

Started by Hadrian, August 08, 2013, 10:07:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hadrian

Not knowing anything about your family seemed much better than what he knew about his family. He would love to forget everything he has seen, he envied her. He listened closely as she explained what she had been doing the past years. His life was mostly traveling,drinking, and fucking the past three years.

"Well, we might as well...", Hadrian's sentence was interrupted by the sound of something flying through the air. A few seconds later he heard a scream. He turned to see an arrow lodged in his brother's thigh."GAAAAAHHHH", Jean screamed. Hadrian ran to Jean and dragged him behind cover. His bleeding was getting worse every second and he was bleeding profusely.

"Vernon! Lali! Get back!", His words were loud and furious!

The two in front of him ran behind his rock to see Jean wounded and bleeding. Vernon looked in horror as he saw Jean almost dead in front of him. Hadrian looked up over the rock only to see men emerging from the bushes with weapons.

"Vernon, keep him alive!", Hadrian yelled.

Hadrian drew his bow swiftly and cocked back an arrow as fast as he could. He took aim at another archer and fired an arrow that killed the man in one shot.

"Get ready!", Hadrian screamed as loud as he could.

zozee9

Lali's eyes widened as she saw Jean's limp figure. There was so much blood. She watched with fright as a few men came out of the bushes with weapons. She decided those were the kind of strangers it was normally best to avoid talking to.

The first thought that came into her mind was to attack them. But she didn't have much fighting skill. So her second though was to help Hadrian. Make him stronger, faster, anything. But as she glanced over to Jean, she knew he was currently in more danger. Maybe she could stop the blood... speed up his natural regenerative powers.

Quickly deciding that it was the best thing she could do, Lali shouted, "Move, Vernon!" He listened without question, probably due to the newfound ferociousness in her voice. She ran and leaned over the young boy, who was already starting to lose consciousness.  Using one hand, she lifted up his head. She gently placed her lips on his, giving him a light kiss. But that light kiss quickly grew more intimate, to the point that she used her other hand to open up his mouth and slide her tongue into it.

Of course, Lali wasn't just making out with a unconsciousness fourteen year old for the sake of it. During all of this time, she was transferring her energy into him. In this case, the magic she was creating would speed up his healing. While the small fire normally would have made her magic weaker, the starry night sky more than made up for it. Her eyes were closed so she didn't check, but Lali assumed the bleeding had at least stopped, if not healed a little.

The arrow in his thigh would prevent total healing, though Lali wouldn't have been able to do that anyway without very strong magic. There was too much blood loss.
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

Art Thread: Here! | deviantArt Profile: Here <3

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

Hadrian

After shooting the arrow he looked down to see a strange sight."What the hell Lali!?!", Hadrian yelled looking very puzzled. He just saw Lali make out with his 14 year old brother. Why in the world she did that, he knew not. Hadrian confusion was cut off by the sound of a  man scream a war cry while running towards them. Hadrian popped out of cover and was stunned by how close the man was to them. The next thing he saw was the man being roasted alive in a gout of arcane fire. He looked at Vernon with a look of approval.

"Give me your fire!", Hadrian demanded. Vernon then set Hadrian's arrow ablaze. Hadrian then cocked his arrow back, let out a sigh, and then shot the flaming arrow at the ground near the charging men. Hadrian then looked over at Vernon and nodded. Vernon moved his hands in a half circle and created a barrier of fire around the 4 of them. The men running at them stopped while seeing the flames burst. Hadrian then shot an arrow through one of them leaving only 2 left.

"I can't keep this up much longer!", Vernon called out grimacing.

"Just a little bit more!!", Hadrian answered while drawing another arrow.

zozee9

Lali heard what Hadrian said to her, but ignored it. She would explain it later. For now, she was to focus on saving Jean. Releasing her lips from his, she backed up and yanked out the arrow. The magic hadn't worn off, so luckily no more blood came out. Leaning forward, she kissed him again. If nothing else, she wanted to get as much of her magic flowing through him as possible so he would continue healing. Otherwise he would start bleeding again within the next half hour.

Even though her eyes were closed, Lali could feel the fire. And not just the heat—she could feel its power.  She quickly backed away and turned her head towards Vernon. "Stop it!" she yelled. Not only would the fire make it harder to transfer her magic into Jean, it would also make the magic already in him weaker. And with so much fire... it wouldn't be good. He'd probably start bleeding a little in a matter of minutes. Every drop of blood mattered at this point.

"Stop the fire if you want me to save him!" she said, knowing he might want an explanation. After all, by the looks of it, the fire was what was keeping them safe for now. Lali suppressed a yawn, realizing she'd have to take a nap after this. She preferred traveling by starlight, but using her magic was already starting to make her tired.
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

Hadrian

Hearing that if he stopped the fire it would save Jean. It didn't make any sense but he was already running out of energy. Vernon stopped the fire and and started breathing heavily. He used up so much energy he collapsed to the ground. After Hadrian shot another arrow leaving only one man left he looked down at the people counting on him. His only family member left had a potentially fatal wound. His new friend and his best friend both couldn't fight anymore. It was up to him to save his brother and his friends. As he drew his last arrow the man was nearing closer. He didn't realize he was so close the last time he looked up he did not have time to fully shoot his newly drawn arrow out of his bow. The man had been only a few feet away. Hadrian waited until he was within arms length and then thrusted the arrow into the mans throat. Kicking the body away he looked down at the 3 below him and said...

"Will Jean live?! Is he okay!? Why did you make out with him!? What the FUCK just happened?!"

zozee9

Lali sighed with happiness when the fire went out. Not only would that help her magic stay in Jean, but it also gave her a little more energy. But it seemed as if the boy would be okay... if he needed more of her magic, she could give it to him later. After a nice nap.

But now she had to deal with Hadrian. Through her travels, she had learned it wasn't normal to make out with random people. Especially with others around. That being said, some people didn't seem to mind it that much. Whether or not Jean was one of those people was unknown, due to his lack of consciousness.

Instead of responding to Hadrian, who she still considered a stranger and didn't want to waste too many words on, Lali stood up, walked over to him, and wrapped her arms around him. She used a small amount of her magic to transfer energy to him. It would just feel like a small adrenaline rush, and would be gone the second she broke contact. Which happened about three seconds later. Doing this didn't really drain any energy from Lali and she figured it would be enough to explain why she did what she did. This kind of explanation didn't work for everybody, but she thought it was worth a try. That way she didn't have to talk more.

Hadrian

Seeing a young woman make out with his 14 year old brother turned out not to be the weirdest thing that happened today. When Lali embraced him he felt power surge through his body. His battle fatigue was gone for the few seconds she held him in her arms. Hadrian's look of surprise was enough for her to understand that he knew. Hadrian now knew that when Lali kissed Jean she was actually helping him stay alive. Vernon still looked exhausted after using his energy an the fire wall spell.

Hadrian's next thought was immediately about Jeans well-being.

"We need to get him to a doctor. We need to take him to Arca or Selevea!"

"He won't make it all the way there.", Vernon said with sadness and exhaustion in his voice.

Hadrian turned quickly to Lali,"What do you think? Please, help us! We will help you if you help us!"

zozee9

Lali smiled at Hadrian's surprised look. He obviously picked up on her silent message and didn't seem to be judging her nearly as much anymore. But as his attention reverted back to Jean, her smile dropped. Not because she liked the attention, but because they were right about his poor condition.

"I can keep him from bleeding more, but unless we find a fair amount of water, there isn't much I can do about actually healing that wound of his. It'll be a battle inside his own mind, that's for sure. But it doesn't hurt to get him to a doctor... I can try to keep him as strong as I can get him to be. I wish I had medical knowledge. But I'm not even used to using my magic like this. It's hard," she replied, words quickly rushing out of her mouth. This was how she normally talked: almost too fast to understand. But to strangers, she preferred staying silent.

While she still considered the three with her strangers, Lali knew the situation was too dire to ignore and too hard to explain without words. So she let go of the restraint she had been using for staying silent. This time a yawn actually escaped her mouth and she rubbed her eyes afterwards. Using regenerative magic took a lot out of her.

Hadrian

Hadrian knew it would be hard to keep Jean alive. He knew he had to get to water. Not only to clean the wound but also because Lali said so. He sort of caught on why she didn't want fire and now needed water. He knew water made her magic more powerful. Vernon was finally up and walking about the area. Vernon seemed very nervous about what was happening.

"We don't have enough time to make it to a city. He will die before we get there. The best thing we can do is keep him here. Moving him long distances will hurt him more.", Vernon said sadly

"I'll look around the area. See if these bandits have anything on them that will help.", Hadrian added.

Hadrian looked around and searched the bodies for any potions or herbs. While he was looking through what seemed to be the leaders pack he saw a note.

Eliminate the girl named Lali. She mus'nt learn about her past.
                                             - X

"Lali, come look at this!"

zozee9

Running towards Hadrian, Lali wondered what he was looking at. His voice sounded urgent. When she read the letter, she figured out why.

"Amazing!" Lali shouted, perhaps contradictory to how many people would have reacted. "If we can figure out where these bandits came from, maybe we can figure out about my past! After all, whoever sent this note must know it if they want to hide it. Maybe I was some sort of secret agent... and I figured out a secret I wasn't supposed to know!" Her eyes dreamily looked up at the stars. Hopefully her life was full of good excitement like that. She would have so much to remember that way. And a real purpose to her life.

But for now, she'd have to deal with her current messed up life. Which involved saving Jean. If she had been smart, she would've grabbed a map before she left the last town. That way she could have seen where water might be. Unluckily for them all, she hadn't done so.

Hadrian

Hadrian's mind raced about how he could help Jean. How could they find water? Maybe he could make water. This gave Hadrian an idea, A genius one too.

"Will ice make your powers better? If so then I have an idea."

zozee9

"Ice?" Lali repeated hesitantly. "I've never tried it... but I don't think so. My heritage is what makes water help me so much. But... if you melt the ice, I suppose it could work." Ice was an interesting idea. She had never thought of it before. Surely it would be better than nothing, but she couldn't exactly stand in it. For the full effect of water to take control, she needed to be in it.

Lali paused before adding, "Why? Do you have a lot of ice?"

Hadrian

Hadrian now knew how to create some water. He was ecstatic. Hadrian went into his tent and grabbed all the buckets and containers he could find and lined them up in rows. He created a square of buckets. Hadrian knew this might not work but it was worth a try. Hadrian put all the other containers under the edge of his tent to catch rain water.

"Vernon, over these buckets create a bunch of ice. Then I need you to melt it with a fire and capture it into these buckets. The other containers are for rain water. Tomorrow I will head out to the city and get a large bath to hold the water."

Vernon nodded at Hadrian and got to work immediately. His skill with the arcane arts was exquisite. Hadrian then turned to Lali with a look of seriousness and determination.

"In the mean time, You and I need to talk about this note."

Hadrian then walked into the tent with her and sat on the ground. He pulled out the note and set it on the ground.

"Do you know who X is?"

zozee9

Lali watched as he grabbed things to put water in. While the fact that he could make the ice, and therefore water, was great, she was curious as to how he was going to get her to be able to be in the water. And Jean would need to be in it, too.

Deciding to ignore this issue and focus on what Hadrian was saying, Lali glanced at the note again. "No idea. It can't be the person who wrote my last letter... unless their handwriting changed," she responded before sticking her arm into her pouch.

After a few seconds of feeling around, Lali pulled out a small piece of paper. On it was the note left to her the day she had woken up with almost no idea who she was. In a nutshell, the note basically explained that the person was sorry, but they had to do it. They would change the past if they could but it was too late. Things like that. There was no signature at the bottom—not even a letter to show who they might be.

Hadrian

Hadrian hoped that his plan to make water would work. Still, he would have to go buy a large tub tomorrow. Switching his mind back to the conversation he was having with Lali. Who could be X. The handwriting was different on the two notes. "Perhaps whoever wrote your note was trying to defend you.", Hadrian said looking at Lali. It was now late in the night and he was getting very tired after that battle. He knew he was in for something much bigger than himself. And he couldn't get out of it.

zozee9

Lali gazed at the stars for a second, thinking. Then she gently replied, "I think they were. But I want to figure out my memories anyway—for better or for worse." Her guess was that the person who wrote the note and wiped out her memories was somebody who had been close to her. Maybe her dad, or a friend, or even a lover. But, of course, she didn't know.

She glanced over at Jean before returning her eyes to Hadrian. "When are you planning on going to sleep?" asked Lali. Getting rest would help replenish her magic faster, but she didn't want to be unaware if Jean started bleeding again. She would have to stop it immediately.

Hadrian

"Sleep, ahh", Hadrian thought to himself. He was very tired from the battle from earlier today but he couldn't sleep. Not while Jean was injured, but he was very fatigued after all that adrenaline stopped. He would do anything to be at an inn. Ale in his hand, A whore on his lap. His body ached and pained still and he would eventually need sleep, even if only for a few hours.

But her question presented an opportunity Hadrian thought he couldn't pass up. Maybe he could get Vernon to keep an eye out for him while he worked on "Other Matters". Hadrian thought about how he was going to seduce Lali then thought to himself,"I can't. Not now".

"I'll probably sleep soon",Hadrian said with a quieter voice then normal.

zozee9

Lali could tell that Hadrian was tired but didn't say anything about it. Yawning, she instead asked, "Would you mind if I took a nap? I just need you or Vernon to keep an eye on Jean... if he wakes up or starts bleeding again, let me know right away. But I need to replenish my magic."

She hoped that they could pass the night taking turns staying awake and watching Jean. Once it got late into the night, her magic would be even stronger than before. That way it would take less energy to help him and she wouldn't be as tired afterwards. But for now, she was getting sleepy. Lali yawned again, her eyelids starting to feel heavy.

Hadrian

The word "nap" alone made him tired but he couldn't afford to fall asleep. Instead he said,"yeah, I'll let you know if anything happens". Hadrian stepped out of the tent to talk to Vernon but he was already asleep. Leaning on the rock next to Jean. Hadrian saw the buckets full of water and smiled. He then sat up against a nearby tree and started writing in his journal.

Life is getting harder each day. Jean is injured and we are in the middle of nowhere.

Hadrian sat, writing his journal then looking back at Jean. Journal,Jean,Journal,Jean. He felt his eyes becoming heavier and heavier by the second. He finally gave in and fell asleep.

zozee9

Although she felt a little bad for keeping Hadrian awake, Lali decided to not let it bug her too much. After all, there was nothing she could do, right? She thought about this while pulling out a blanket from her pouch and then laying it down on the ground. Then she realized that she could actually help him.

So Lali left the tent, noticed that Vernon was sleeping, and walked in front of Hadrian. Without even saying anything, she bent down, grasped his head with her right hand, and kissed him gently. She transferred the same magic she had before, but this time the small adrenaline rush should last longer. At least until the half an hour it would take until Jean started to bleed again.

Then she turned around and headed back to the tent, not even looking behind her. She wrapped her blanket around her and fell asleep in a matter of seconds.