Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

When I Get My Hands On You... (Clever-Fox)

Started by Brisinger987, August 12, 2013, 07:57:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brisinger987

((Lol. Now Seh'lvah is gonna start another argument.))

Seh'lvah saw that no-one even batted an eye at her. That really ticked her off.

"I know a better game." She gusted the rocks away, growling in irritation.

"It's called: Shamgar is dumped, and Methusela is in my custody now. And before you ask, think about the last time you spent time with JUST me. Try and remember when the last time you tried to make time for me, OR Methusela was." She was careless with her tail as she whipped 180 degrees, and spat a fireball at a lone tree. She was tired of being alone except for Veraxitoc and Methusela. Shamgar didn't actually care.

Klezmer Gryphon

Shamgar was stunned by the brash actions Seh'lvah had just displayed. He was trying to comfort this younger gryphon; trying to calm him down and reassure him, as the duties of an older sibling or cousin would be in a gryphon colony would be, and she just brought up something to try and divert his attention!

"Seh'lvah..." He said, with a long, drawn out sigh, "I promise, I will make time for you and Methusela in the future. But, now, Abbán needs someone to reassure and comfort him after YOU scared him, after YOU thought he was some one else, and after YOU threaten to turn him into coq au vin!" He said, hitting the point home that the reason he was ignoring her at that time was her own fault, his wings flaring in a sign of accusation.

Brisinger987

"You comfort your friend! Frankly, I am gonna leave you to think exactly about what you are gonna do, cause you seem to care more about random Gryphons you find on Colony territory than you do about your own son or the dragoness you claim to love! So you think, about whether you actually care, and why don't you come see me tomorrow?! Or forget. Cause if you haven't spoken to me by midday tomorrow, then you are single, and any hope you have of being with me is gone." With that, she stormed off, leaving Shamgar to comfort Abbán, and going off to find Methusela.

Klezmer Gryphon

Shamgar was mad, yes, mainly because Seh'lvah was clearly in the wrong, and wouldn't admit it. Without even thinking about it, he yelled this in reply: "Well, how about we take this to Veraxitoc and the other Elders?! If you want to leave me, fine, do so, but I want you to see just how much you're in the wrong by it!"

He turned to Abbán, and put a wing around him, and genuinely smiled. He reminded Shamgar of himself, but that also made him wonder... What had happened to his parents?

Brisinger987

Seh'lvah reached Methusela, seething, and sat down, just the mere presence of her son helping her.

"Mum? You ok?" Methusela came and sat next to her. He had the dread feeling that Shamgar was involved.

They talked, and found they were on the same side.

"I've always felt like Uncle Ver was more of a father to me than dad was anyway... And he never makes time for either of us... And it's too late for him to try and turn that around." Methusela was getting angry over it.

"Exactly. Shamgar always made time for Azuma and Ajax, but never for you or me. I mean, you're supposed to be his son for gods sakes! And you're telling me that Veraxitoc, who is in no way related to you, feels like he is your dad! Would you go to Shamgar to talk about any problems you had?" They continued to converse like this for most of the evening.

Klezmer Gryphon

Shamgar really did feel bad for not making time for either of the people he loved, but, then again, he also had his grand father and father, both of whom just recently came into his life for the first time. Then he also had Abbán to now look after, but he would probably arrange for someon at the gryphon colony to take care of him, or, at least he hoped to. There was something about the younger gryphon that seemed eerily familiar, but he just couldn't put a mark on it.

Abbán was curious about the same thing. Indeed, he thought the older gryphon looked somewhat familiar, but he want bothered by it as much as Shamgar was.

For the next couple of hours, the two talked of random things, just like Abbán was with Lilith just that morning. Only this time, it was Shamgar who saw a dragon coming. A large, black dragon, with purple scale tips. Veraxitoc...

Brisinger987

Veraxitoc landed, his eyes fixed on the new gryphon. "Ok, who picked up the youngling. And why is he covered in stuff?" Veraxitoc cocked his head curiously, sniffing the gryphon.

Klezmer Gryphon

Shamgar proceeded to explain how he had found Seh'lvah yelling at the younger gryphon, mistaking Abbán for Shamgar, and also explained in part why he was covered in slime.

"And, Veraxitoc, for the record, Abbán won't be staying. He was just passing through." He added, and Abbán nodded on confirmation. Then Shamgar decided to explain the rest of what happened, including the small argument in which Seh'lvah threatened not only to break up with him, but also take full custody of Methusela, all in front of Abbán, as he had seen it all unfold, anyway.

Brisinger987

"Right... In terms of what she did to Abbán, I will speak to her, however this argument of yours... She has played herself well in that she has every right to take full custody of Methusela, and, with all due respect, I would not be a witness in your defence. I taught Methusela a lot, some of which should have been your teaching, and responsibility to him as a father. I am not defending either of you. Merely stating my view on the situation. And only on the issue with Methusela. Whether you and Seh'lvah spend time together is no longer my business. You and Methusela are rather distant though. Those are my final comments. If this does fall down to official statements, Methusela will, as of present, be given to Seh'lvah, and she can then pass for your rights to see him to be taken, which I will not allow, as you have shown no malice to him." Veraxitoc's voice was official and final.

Klezmer Gryphon

Shamgar, although somewhat disheartened by the decision, felt it was fair. He was distant from Methusela, but he still loved him. With a heavy heart, and sigh, he got up, and started cleaning Abbán, which, while Abbán laughed, and, probably even enjoyed it, Shamgar simply thought of how his family was falling apart. After a few minutes, he looked up, and said some final words to Veraxitoc before the elder flew off:

"If it isn't too much of a problem, I will be leaving once this matter is over with. The castle, once I have gathered my belongings, and have set everything in order, is yours to do as you please." He said. It was hard for the words to come out of his beak, but he had no reason to stay of his lover and his son didn't want anything to do with him.

Brisinger987

((OOC: Sham bar.... lol, yes, I saw the typos! XD))

"You don't have to. Just try to settle it? It's worth it. Don't want one to pass away unforgiven... It hurts when that happens Shamgar. I know. The dragoness I loved died and I couldn't forgive her. I still can't." Veraxitoc turned and flew off, heading for his peak.

Klezmer Gryphon

He sat there, and thought about the last words of the elder. Perhaps he was right. Still, he was going to leave. He couldn't fly back to the castle, which would have been easier, but it wasn't very far from where they were.

"Abbán," Shamgar said, with an honest smile on his face, "is it time to move on?"

Abbán wasn't really paying attention to the question, he was busy fishing, or, rather, trying to fish. Shamgar looked on with that same smile, but the same question appeared in his mind. What had happened to this guy's parents?

Brisinger987

Methusela and Seh'lvah shot overheard, having flown the other direction to pick up speed, and together they weaved an intricate, elegant pattern of black, orange and green, heading away from the castle, to the caves on the far side of the valley. They landed outside two caves which sat, their entrances parallel to each other.

Seh'lvah went and sat in her cave while Methusela lay outside the one parallel, and stared intently at Shamgar. Then he decided to go over to Shamgar.

"Shamgar."

Klezmer Gryphon

As Shamgar's mind wandered through all the various ways he could've asked the little guy why his parents weren't with him, he felt like someone was watching. Indeed, he turned around, and there sat Methusela, sitting and watching him and Abbán. However, he just ignored the young dragon, or, at least he didn't say anything to him.

Abbán let out a gleeful holler by the stream. Shamgar turned around, only to see the younger gryphon trying to haul a massive salmon ashore. Shamgar chuckled, and went to help Abbán with the fish.

"That's quite the catch!" He said, patting the young gryphon on the head. It was Abbán's catch, so he let the younger gryphon go first. Although, he couldn't shake the feeling that Methusela was either hiding something, or was plotting some scheme...

Brisinger987

Methusela reached Shamgar and sat down, a melancholy look on his face. He realised how, despite this guy being his dad, he didn't think he could trust him with any feelings he had, so he just tried normal conversation.

"Shamgar. What you doing?"

Klezmer Gryphon

Shamgar was a bit surprised at how Methusela addressed him, but it got his attention nonetheless. He could see the look on the dragon's face, and knew he wanted to say something.

"If you have something to say, just say it." He said, looking the boy in the eyes. It wasn't like he'd stick around much longer, anyway, or, at least so he thought. With Seh'lvah angry with him, and Methusela being is distant, it really seemed like a viable option. Looking over at Abbán for a split second, the smile that was on his face disappeared, not because of anything the young gryphon did, but because Shamgar came to realize how he'd gotten left on his own, and it made him shudder....

Brisinger987

"Why? Why didn't you try and make time to do stuff with me Shamgar?" Methusela deliberately avoided calling Shamgar dad, and didn't look in his eyes. The young dragon would break down if he looked in Shamgar's eyes, so he focused on watching Abbán.

Klezmer Gryphon

The question was a simple one, but Shamgar just couldn't answer. He couldn't answer, at least, not without making excuses. Instead of answering with words, he simply answered with deed. He simply shook the dust from his paws, a gesture in gryphon culture of final departure, never to return without reason. He wasn't angry, and he wasn't upset.... Not with Methusela, anyway. Seh'lvah had crossed a line when she threatened to eat Abbán, and this question Methusela just asked was the breaking point. Why it was, he had no idea, but it was too much.

Brisinger987

"You know what it's like to grow up without a father, and now you're leaving, leaving your son to the same fate. Don't come back. Not for mum. Not for me. Not for Azuma. Just go, you coward. Run along like your dad did. Just don't expect me to be nice next time we meet. I hope that wherever you go, people see you for the coward you are. I hope no other child has to take the same fate you've set on me." Methusela's words were venomous but not angry. They were the words he thought were right. He was hurt that he couldn't even get an answer from Shamgar.

"I hope you pay. Dad."

Klezmer Gryphon

"Tell me this, Methusela: It is really appropriate to call me Dad when Im not even your real father, or Seh'lvah your real mother?!" He said in reply. His words were sharp as a sword, and well tempered like steel on an anvil. He felt bad for not saying goodbye to some of the other colony members, namely his grandfather, Azuma, but he would know of his departure soon enough, and Shamgar would be more than willing to be lectured about it, but his mind wouldn't change, even if his grandfather chained him to a mountain.

"Abbán, let's go. We're leaving." He said, the young gryphon looking up from his dinner. With a worried look on his face, he followed as the older gryphon took off, and started flying towards the border of the valley.