Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

When I Get My Hands On You... (Clever-Fox)

Started by Brisinger987, August 12, 2013, 07:57:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brisinger987

"I know, but the least you could do is try and give me one, try and give me something to look up to. Instead you leave. You're a coward, unwilling to fight unless you know the odds are stacked in your favour. Some father you turned out to be... There was a time I used to think the world of you. That you were my family, and were kind enough to look after me. Only mum cares. You are just selfish, Veraxitoc did 10 times a better job than you ever could now." Methusela made sure it was clear how hurt he was. He didn't move, wanting to make sure the conversation was over before going off and crying his soul out.

Klezmer Gryphon

A few weeks later, there came a distinct rapping at the mouth of Seh'lvah's cave one morning. Wood on stone. The owner's hoof-like hands were the only thing visible from underneath her tattered brown cloak. She had heard through the grapevine that there was some problems that needed sorting out, and here she was.

((OoC: GUESS WHO THIS IS!))

Brisinger987

Seh'lvah's mastered hearing picked up the rapping, and she jumped, startled by this intruder. She let her eyes glow through the darkness, and let out a low growl.

"Who goes there? Name yourself or become a meal..."

Klezmer Gryphon

The cloaked figure giggled.

"What, you're not a morning person, Seh'lvah?" She said, unfazed by the dragon's threat. She stepped into the cave, her hoofs making their distinct clop, clop, clop on the stone floor. If that wasn't enough for Seh'lvah to recognize her, then she was in for a bit of a scrap.

Brisinger987

"Liarri?" Seh'lvah recognised those hooves.

"Sorry, I thought you were Shamgar. Gonna tear him in half if he comes here again." She wasn't looking for a bitch-fest, but her way of acting naturally led to it.

"Come in, come in."

Klezmer Gryphon

Liarri say down on a rock, and took out an apple. Taking a bite, she thought about what to start with.

"I heard from a little birdy that you and Shamgar are having problems." She said playfully. She wasn't going to reveal how she learned of the incident yet, but it would come out eventually.

Brisinger987

"Well frankly, if Shamgar came bitching, then I can bitch back. Harder." Seh'lvah wanted to know who told her. Methusela didn't know her, and Veraxitoc was big enough and smart enough to not get involved.

"Who told you?"

Klezmer Gryphon

"Ah, that will come soon enough." She said, smiling. "I can tell you right now that Shamgar didn't come complaining to me."

She took another bite of her apple, and reclined a little, weary from the days she spent traveling from La'Marri to the valley.

"From what I heard," she continued, her voice somewhat muffled by the food in her mouth "you almost turned a poor little gryphon into a snack."

Brisinger987

"I don't care anymore. The little feathered bugger made me cough up a damned featherball." She grumbled to herself. She didn't think the gryphon had done anything wrong. Just got caught in the crossfire.

Klezmer Gryphon

"Really? You don't feel bad for scaring the life out of a little gryphon kit that was abandoned by his parents?!" She said, her voice going from the gentle, playful lilt to a cold, sharpened knife. Picking up her staff, she lightly thwacked the dragon on her forehead.

"Shame on you!"

Brisinger987

"Perhaps the little thing should look to Shamgar, cause he makes a great bloody parent! Look at Methusela for that example..." She spoke coldly. She hated Shamgar with every bone in her body, and was so angry at him. He had just walked off on Methusela yesterday, and now the boy had spent all night crying. Poor kid.

Klezmer Gryphon

Again, another thwack with the rod.

"Was I talking about Shamgar? No! I was talking about you!" Liarri said, While Seh'lvah was right to be angry with Shamgar for leaving, there was no need to be hateful and attack his parenting skills.

"If you make yourself out to be such a good parent, then why didn't you help Abbán? Why didn't you apologize to him for scaring, or offer to play some childish games? From what I've heard, Shamgar was doing just that!" She said, now growing even more serious. While she was here to help Seh'lvah, she wouldn't tolerate the attack of another person's ideals or morals while they weren't present.

Brisinger987

"I assumed it was one of Shamgar's. I should imagine he has hundreds of kids he's neglected. I won't apologise. Wrong place, wrong time. And Shamgar does what suits him. I didn't know whose it was, and it was none of my business. If the damn thing hadn't looked like Shamgar..." Seh'lvah was about to eat the rod any second.

"I wouldn't have been angry if it didn't look like a mini him. In fact, it's no doubt his. So why should I care? He doesn't care for Methusela, I won't care for Abbán."

Klezmer Gryphon

"Because Abbán isn't Shamgar's child. Learn to tell the difference between gryphon bloodlines." The voice belonged to Jy'aad Elveti, a long time friend of Liarri's, and also Prince of Death. He had spoken just as he emerged from a portal, standing right beside his closest friend.

"And, also, gryphon's can't breed until sixty years of age." He added, his black cloak parting slightly to reveal the dark fur of its wearer. Liarri was a bit surprised by his sudden appearance, but guessed that he had already finished his talk with Shamgar and Abbán.

" Seh'lvah, he does care for you and Methusela, Im sure. But, your actions the other day pushed him over an emotional cliff. Gryphons are loyal to one another, no matter how distant in relation they might be." Liarri added. When she had first travelled to La'Marri, she had stayed at a gryphon colony for a few weeks as their guest, and was exposed thoroughly to their culture. That's how she learned of this extreme loyalty that binds gryphons in time of great strife. She thought about whacking Seh'lvah again for her comment, felt the rod wasn't all that necessary for the moment.

Brisinger987

"He promised to help raise Methusela, as if he were his own. And then he doesn't make time for him! Veraxitoc is as close to a real father as Methusela will ever get. Thanks to Shamgar." Seh'lvah was avoiding the points, and didn't believe that Shamgar cared for them. If he cared, some attention might have been paid.

"I'm not here to be scolded by beings smaller than me. I'm leaving. Tell Shamgar he is not welcome here anymore."

Klezmer Gryphon

Before the dragoness could leave, Jy'aad had erected a barrier of black, jagged rocks at the mouth of the cave.

"Well, are we running late for something? I think not." He said, with a smirk on his face. Liarri was a it shocked with Jy'aad's action, but she was willing to let it slide, if only to get her point across.

"He may have promised you that, and sure, he may seem like he never made time, but tell me this, Seh'lvah, when is the last time you sat down and talked with him about it, and found out the truth?" She said, her tone back to the gentle breeze it normally was.

Brisinger987

"Why are you blaming this on me? I thought it would make sense to make time for family. My parents did it for me, and their parents for them. I made time for Methusela, and whenever I wasn't doing something with him, or some Colony task, Shamgar wanted to go and play swords with his dad, or have some philosophy rant with Azuma. I just wanna make sure my family are ok, and as far as I am concerned, he isn't part of it anymore." She snarled, fire starting at the back of her throat.

"Now let me go and see my son..."

Klezmer Gryphon

"I'm not trying to blame you Seh'lvah. Sure, Shamgar has his faults, everyone does, but you also have to remember that his father and grandfather are part of his family, both of whom just recently came into his life." She said, motioning for Jy'aad to drop the barrier, who added something else in reply, something that put a grim look on everyone's face.

"Just know, Seh'lvah, that if you ever want to apologize, you may not get another chance. When I talked with Shamgar, he was upset, almost on the brink of suicide. I literally had to drag him to the underworld just to keep him from killing himself out of regret, not just for leaving, either."

Brisinger987

"I've decided I don't like gryphons in general. Tell him I don't care what he does, and if he can prove that he might even be half decent as a father or partner, I will take him. Until then, what he does is his own business." Seh'lvah, in a rather hotheaded rage, simply walked next cave and sat with Methusela, pondering.

The young dragon had been crying all night. The tears were still fresh on his face, the horrid claw marks on his wrists still bleeding.

Klezmer Gryphon

"Seh'lvah, your missing the point! Shamgar grew up without a father, and lost his mother at a young age! Do you have any idea what that does to a person? He may not know how to handle being a father because he didn't have one during his childhood to guide him, to scold him, or to just be there for him!" Liarri said. She wasn't defending Shamgar, but she would make it a point to get this arrogant, enraged dragoness to listen! She noticed the claw marks on Methusela's wrists, but wouldn't do a thing, not until Seh'lvah started to listen.

Jy'aad nodded, and left, conjuring a portal to the underworld. A few moments later, he returned with Abbán in his arms, who cowered at the sight of the emerald scaled dragoness.