Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

When I Get My Hands On You... (Clever-Fox)

Started by Brisinger987, August 12, 2013, 07:57:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brisinger987

"Get out. ALL OF YOU GET OUT!!!" Methusela's scales flared suddenly in response to his nightmare, and he released an unearthly roar at the people in the cave.

Seh'lvah quickly got up and put a wing over the young dragon. Where was Veraxitoc when he was needed?!

"Look... I am looking out for my son. If there is a problem, then please leave. I am trying to make sure my son is happy. And no amount of apology will undo the damage done to Methusela now. If Shamgar thinks he has what it takes, he can try and repair some of their relationship. But I don't want to know right now. I only care about my son right now." Seh'lvah deliberately held her temper so as not to wake or enrage Methusela further. As lithe as his build was for a dragon, he would be a physical match for Veraxitoc in the years to come. To anger something that could easily bring down a cave on top of himself was not wise.

Klezmer Gryphon

"Look, you think you and Shamgar are all that different right now? You're both crappy partners to each other. Shamgar is a seemingly self-centered, emotionally unstable teenager who is unable to make time for his family, and your just being a total bitch of a dragoness." He said, clearly pissed and cynical.

Without a word, he handed Abbán to Liarri, who cuddled and tried to comfort the young gryphon, and motioned for them to leave. If Liarri couldn't get the point across that they both were to blame for the incident with kind words and a rod, then he'd get it across with sheer truth.

((OoC: Note, I am taking inspiration for the insult from the show House))

Brisinger987

((OOC: Nice... *not bad face*))

"Well whatever I am, and whatever he is, I am trying to care for my son." Something that Jyaad had said made something click in her head, and she felt rather guilty now. But she refused to talk to Shamgar. She would rag him properly next time. He would literally become Methusela's chew toy.

Klezmer Gryphon

Jy'aad, while he was inclind to use the truth even more, felt he'd said enough, and went outside to find that Liarri had lulled the young gryphon to sleep. Gently taking the kit in his arms, he walked back into the cave, and said something else.

"I think you owe this little guy an apology." He said. He had no intention of waking Abbán up, not yet, anyway. Come to think of it, he is kinda cute...

Brisinger987

"Fine. I'm sorry Abbán. Happy? Can I stay with my child now?" Seh'lvah blasted out at Jyaad. This was irritating. To be left along to comfort Methusela when he wakes up, that was all she wanted.

Klezmer Gryphon

The sudden outburst woke Abbán, who, upon seeing the dragoness, started cowering and crying.

"W-why are we h-here?" He asked, referring to the cave. After the incident a few weeks ago, he seemed to develop a large fear of dragons, or, at least, certain dragons. Jy'aad quickly tried to comfort the boy, using a trick he'd use with his younger sister when she was upset or scared.

"Look, Seh'lvah, to be completely honest, your little stunt the other day scared the boy shitless. He's had quite a few nightmares, and now he's inclined to run away at the first sight of a dragon. Is this really what you'd want for any child? In fact, doesn't it contradict the very principles that this colony was founded on?" Jy'aad asked, still trying to keep Abbán from running away.

Brisinger987

"I'm sorry Abbán. But I am focusing on my family. I'm sorry I scared you." Seh'lvah wasn't really sorry. She had started thinking. Why were dragons so big if they were meant to share the world? It didn't make sense. Dragons were built to dominate. Fear gave dragons power.

Klezmer Gryphon

Jy'aad heard her tone of voice, and knew she wasn't very sincere. As he walked out of the cave, he motioned for Liarri to follow, and opened a portal.

"Come looking for us once you can actually be sincere in your apologies!" He yelled over the roar of the portal. He thought about where he was going for a second, but then Liarri whispered something.

"I think Father Caderyn would take good care of him for the time being..." She whispered. Indeed, Father Caderyn had worked with children extensively, no doubt from all races, so he'd be able to cater to Abbán's needs, at least for now. So, stepping through, the two friends and their fluffy acquaintance left the cave, leaving Seh'lvah to think about things.

((OoC: I think that would just about wrap up this thread))

Brisinger987

Every night Methusela had the same nightmare. Every night he grew worse.

Seh'lvah tried to stop him, but the moment she left him alone, the claw marks re-opened on his wrists. She watched her son suffering.