Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Not even Gods gain rest from Evil [Brisinger987]

Started by Scythe-Nova, August 15, 2013, 09:14:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scythe-Nova

There could be no mistake about it she had felt the death of her servant, not even death was an excuse for not holding one's word. Senka stood in the main hall of the rebuilt fortress on the cold stone floor in front of her there was an enormous ritual circle carved into the stone and then filled with Ash, Sand, salt and blood mixed together and at various points on the circle stood large red candles that were lit, Senka had no smile upon her face which for anyone who knew her was something you never wanted to see since it meant she were either dissapointed or angry.

-"Foolish child thou shall yet learn that death is not an excuse for breaking thine word to me..."

She said with poison in her voice as she walked towards the center of the circle drawing forth a ceremonial dagger that she held in her left hand, when she came to the center she held out her hand and brought the knife to her wrist but instead of slitting her wrist she cut her hand clean off with one stroke. The severed hand landed upon the center of the circle and the instant it touched the floor the whole circle lit up with a dark purple shine with a dark poisonous green outline, Words from a language long since forgotten flowed from Senka's lips as she started the ritual. She spoke the words as if they had been etched into her mind a thousand times over all the while her stump of a hand began regrow in a sickening manner, This ritual was even older than Senka's body older than this world even it was used in ancient times to call and bind gods to one's will however Senka had altered the ritual to simply call a god here she needed not bind this god to her will.

-"Veel'a Altih Ra'd Rley'gh Kirnadaz!"

And with those words the ritual was complete and the light of the circle gathered in the center and in a flash the mixture in the carvings turned into some sort of liquid essence, in truth it was pure evil intent and sins of the dead turned into a liquid. Kirnadax would be obligated to heed this call so Senka simply walked out of the circle while loosening her cloak before setting upon a table nearby while waiting for Kirnadaz to appear.

Brisinger987

Kirnardaz was spending the day slaughtering rebels in his realm. Ceerbaro had killed most of them, but he was having trouble finding the last lot. Kirnardaz, as the master and god of his realm, the only being above him being the Dark Gods, who birthed the demons and Shades of this realm. From who the Prince's bloodline stemmed.

"Oh dear, the rebel leader, cornered by the demon he sought to usurp. Tell me. How is your son?" Kirnardaz grinned at the demon, who stood defiantly. "Oh, I forgot. He's here..." Kirnardaz summoned an image of Skalos torturing the rebel's son, a real, live image. The demon's will broke.

"Die, royal scum!" As the sword was raised, Kirnardaz grabbed the demon by the throat, and whispered a demonic incantation, causing the demon to disintegrate into nothingness, the red dust melding with Kirnardaz's skin.

"Not today..." Kirnardaz felt the pulling and sighed, frustrated already. Who was summoning him now?! He let the pull consume him, and before the smoke from his flame coated appearance cleared he was already growling.

"Who dares summon me? I was in the middle of important slaughter."

Klezmer Gryphon

Jy'aad sighed. Was his mother insane? Why would she want this former necromancer to be a servant to the House of Death?

A few months ago, Jy'aad had come to the underworld on his annual visit, which is during the winter months of the year. He soon had to deal with an upstart necromancer and stop a fight from breaking out between said mage and someone he evidently killed. Having dealt with that, the mage, evidently intent on pissing him off that day, summoned a demon, which he eventually dispelled as he walked into his judgement. Which is what brings us to present day.

After judgment had been passed, and the necromancer, Xerordir, was killed, and punished for his earthly sins, his mother had the bright idea of turning him into an enforcer of sorts.

"And you think this is a good idea why?" Jy'aad asked his mother, Astraea, the Goddess of Death, as they walked through the palace gardens in the underworld. His mother, dressed in a rather elegant, sliver and black dress, simply smiled and laughed.

"Jy'aad, think of it as a break. I realize that I probably send you on one too many missions occasionally, and this is my way of giving you a bit of a rest" she said in reply, sitting down on a nearby bench. Jy'aad was his mother's enforcer, assigned certain tasks that her endless armies of the undead would have a hard time overcoming, such as rogue Leviathans, troublesome vampires lords, or even the occasional wailing banshee.

"Furthermore, I changed his mindset." She continued, admiring the scenery. The trees were of a beautiful silver color, with the leaves being of different shades of bronze. Indeed, they were pretty, but Jy'aad wasn't paying attention at the moment.

"Even if you changed his mindset, he's still evil! Also, what if he has some demon lord     fri-"

"Demon lords don't have friends, Jy'aad, just tools for their own amusement" His mother interrupted. They continued arguing for a good while, but eventually, his mother's decision won out; Xerordir, now a skeletal soul lost in the depths of hell, would become an enforcer of Astraea's will.

Scythe-Nova

Hearing the voice of Kirnadaz sent a tingle through her body and she turned her head towards Kirnadaz still without a smile upon her lips, Her shawl wrapped itself around her arms forming a sort of full arm glove it might come to use later.

-"Evil calls upon thee to fullfill the promise the both of thee made"

She said with a sharp voice much more diffrent than her normal voice that had the primordial fear that seeped into everyone who she spoke to, Her voice was more focused now it was like the power in her voice that normaly spread out in he vicinity had simply focused into a single blade pointed towards the one she spoke to. It was as clear as day how wrathfull and frustrated she was not only from her voice but on her posture and annoyed movements.

-"Xerordir has met death without fullfilling his promise to me, And since both of thee made the promise thy will go to the realm of death and retrieve him so that thee can fullfill the promise..."

She said with a commanding voice and picked up a small coin from one of her pouches and tossing it to Kirnadaz, The coin was an ancient artifact called "Toll of Death" there were more of these coins in ancient times and they were used to pay off the reaper to allow one to live again. The coin could be used to escape death by giving it to the reaper but it could also be used to pay passage for one that already was dead so that they may return to the living again, These artifacts were very rare nowadays but Senka had a few that she had collected since ancient times.

-"The Toll will pay for sins and return life, but if it is not accepted take him back forcefully"

She said and sat herself upon the table observing Kirnadaz for his reaction of the news of Xerordir, Senka had not bound Kirnadaz to this world mostly because otherwise he would not have been able to go and retrive Xerordir from the realm of the dead and that would really screw with her plans.

Brisinger987

"You act as if I am a pawn in games for you Senka, when I could kill you in a heartbeat. I will save Xerordir because he is my friend." It was odd for a demon prince to use the word friend and the very way they spoke made that clear enough, the pronunciation of the word sounding sarcastic against the rest of their speech.

"If the Toll does not work Senka, I will not be best pleased. I do not like this." Xerordir was dead, no doubt of some sort of ultimate power. Kirnardaz owed him for Eleni. This would be his repayment.

"How did he die? Mass dragon attack? Assassination by a shade? Curse? Did a god strike him down?" Senka had to know how the man had died at least.

============================================

Xerordir liked his new form. He approached the goddess cautiously.

"Lady Astraea. What is your command?"

Scythe-Nova

-"... No he died the most foolish way possible, He ventured willingly into the realm of the dead... And was killed the same way he first killed someone"

Senka had known what Xerordirs punishment would be since she first saw him, Many beings had she bound to her service and one soul that told her of what punishment awaited them in death. It was one of the many ways she knew who she could sow the seeds of evil within and nurture to be a part of her plans, Kirnadaz had no punishment since gods just vanished when dying but she knew he could be part of her plans still.

-"Now that Xerordir is dead i will not be able to fuse thee together, So thy may ask of me another boon of thine choice"

She said to the demon prince looking at him and a hint of a grin grew on her face, Dealing with demons and evil beings allways brought back that smile upon her face she simply could not help it.

Brisinger987

"Ha! You think my power is that week as to need a constant host here? I thought you were supposed to be intelligent..." Kirnardaz snarled a low, demonic growl at Senka, curious as to what she really wanted Xerordir for.

"What agreement did he make? I have no recollection of it." Kirnardaz hoped that Xerordir would meet a fitting fate, and that was one. To relive first blood through the victim's eyes. That was fitting for a man who raised the dead.

Kirnardaz was annoyed that Xerordir was dead, but was seriously annoyed that she wanted to bring him back.

Scythe-Nova

-"... Seems thine memory fails thee, thy were inside Xerordir when he promised to build me a court of shadows to aid spreading the seed of chaos"

Senka spoke as she looked at the Demon prince but as allways there was no fear in her at all not a drop, At this point her mind considered to just enslave the prince but she knew he would be worth much more without chains. But there was still the matter of the boon she had promised them she expected nothing for free and vice versa.

-"But the important part here is that the boon both of thee asked of me before, I cannot accomplish it now that he is dead and as such thee is granted a boon i can accomplish"

Brisinger987

Kirnardaz chuckled, feeling rather powerful right now.

"You act as if you can force me to do this trivial and menial task. Xerordir will be brought back. Although I sense he is changed. Severely. I will corrupt him if possible or necessary. Simply tell me where." Kirnardaz monitored his forces, which lay siege to some distant, godly dimension. And they were winning. He had let his world collide with theirs, and they were now to be his subjects.

"So where might I find my Necromancer friend?"

Scythe-Nova

Senka chose to ignore the ramblings of the demon lord and when he asked where he might find Xerordir ske simply got up from her seating and stood just outside of the ritual circle and looked at the Demon lord.

-"Where doth the dead go? To the netherworld of course though his case is unusual since both his body and soul reside there, had that not been the case i would have summoned him back myself"

She explained simply and turned aways from Kirnadaz and looked over her shoulder at him with a Gaze not many could meet without reeling back in fear, But even though her gaze was laced with primal power it was a sultry and excited one and finally her smile returned to her as she turned back to Kirnadaz.

-"I'm sure even the greedy hands of the godess of Death wont stop thee"

Brisinger987

Goddess of Death? Dammit, he was hoping for something a little less complex than a goddess. He was lucky enough to not be able to "die" just be crushed. It was no death to have one's soul devoured.

"I will retrieve whatever is left. Most underworlds have... Violent residents..." Kirnardaz sighed, frustrated at the task at hand. But he would accomplish it. Xerordir was powerful, and useful. He would be very useful.

"Any clues to the whereabouts of an entrance or do I have to expend my energy tearing through space and time to reach him?" Kirnardaz was unmoved by the gaze. It was actually quite... Adorable. He found it cute that she thought he could be intimidated.

Scythe-Nova

-"Thy place little faith in me it seems, Of course i know the location of the entrance to the underworld."

She said with an amused tone as she produced a scroll from one of her larger pouches and tossed it lightly towards Kirnadaz.

-"There is little in this existance that goes by me unoticed... That applies to what happens in other realms as well of course"

She chuckled slightly and sat herself on the table nearby and looked at Kirnadaz with a look one would give when looking upon a child, Senka felt and knew that his end lied not far in the future and she almost felt for him that he would perish but it also felt good to know that his arrogance would be his end

-"That map will lead you to the entrance to the Underworld but well there thee will have to find Xerordir by thyself"

((OOC: Yeah Senka's kinda prophetic, she knows the ends of people not pinpoint but she is able to feel somewhat how close their end is :3 Hope it's okay))

Brisinger987

"Of course... I have a small psychic link with him from when we were host and master. I will find him. And I-" Kirnardaz was cut off when he felt the energy from that vision enter the room, and he felt a cold dread fall over him. For a moment he almost thought he was mortal. He almost felt... Weak...

"What was that?" He wasn't advanced enough at magic detection to sense if it was her , all he knew was this new feeling of approaching death.

"Angels? No... Angel of Death? God of Death? The End times embodied?" Kirnardaz settled down, realising he was thinking out loud, and straightened himself up.

"I have one final question. Can humans be raised to the status of Angel? Just as they can ascend to Demon?" Kirnardaz had felt the presence of a human-angel soul several times recently, and wondered if they were demi-angels or ascended angels.

Scythe-Nova

Senka narrowed her eyes as she saw the demon lord react and deep in her eyes a flame of lust ignited from that fear she could see in the demon and a tingle went through her spine making her shiver in some twisted kind of pleasure.

-"I have never actually seen it happen but i'm sure tis' not impossible"

She said with a wide smile as she went over that feeling she had seen in Kirnadaz reveling in the pleasure her mind got out of it. Oh she would need some alone time with this feeling... actually why not start right now maybe a bit subtle at least.

-"Hmmm"

She smiled as she scooted over to the corner of the table but still facing Kirnadaz as she began softly and subtly began grinding her crotch against the corner.

((OOC: Yeah she's twisted strange like that XD))

Brisinger987

Kirnardaz noticed the subtlety in her movements, although he wondered if his aura was possibly corrupting her in new, strange ways. It wasn't like she was some angel already, but she certainly wasn't obeying him. Therefore he could still corrupt her in ways she wouldn't think possible. So he just made a mental noise of disgust.

Then he felt a familiar psychic scream fill the void between realms, and around the world, a few sensitive psychics were overwhelmed and killed by the stress of receiving such a high energy level. To him it was just euphoric, and he smiled slightly.

"Well I see that I must leave you. Be more subtle next time. I will bring Xerordir back as soon as I can." Kirnardaz made the map on the table materialise in his hands, and began to walk.

"But if he is unable to fulfil his contract terms, he becomes mine to take..." She would have no way of stopping him, not after he had collected Xerordir. Then he left.

He decided to wait a few days, until he had finished the conquest of a realm, before he tried his new spell. And it was oh so successful. He devoured six hundred gods in the three days, and feeling his new power, he went to rescue Xerordir from the realm of the dead.

Arriving at the entrance to this underworld, he decided to use his new power to break down the pesky barriers that stopped him. Someone in the underworld would surely notice the power surge. He still wasn't an ascended god yet though, so his newfound power was just making him class a super-demon-prince or something similar.

Yet as he progressed through the underworld, he met no resistance. He finally found what he believed to be Xerordir, and spoke to his friend. "Xerordir, there you are. I have come to take you away my friend."

The monotone, bored voice replied back. "Lady Astraea is away on business, as is Prince Jy'aad, if you would like to leave a message, stick it up your arse and fuck off." The bluntness of the statement made Kirnardaz laugh.

An hour later, Kirnardaz had corrupted Xerordir. And made him more evil than ever.

He took him back to Senka, and summoned the pair to her throne room.

"Senka."

Scythe-Nova

-"..."

Senka chuckled as Kirnadaz dissapeared and shook her head lightly, She of course finished what she had started before she began to expand upon the ritual circle and after that was done she simply waited for the demon lord to return.

As the demon lord came back to the throne room Senka still sat upon the throne smiling widely at the demon and his companion, She had sensed Kirnadaz increase in power long before he tried to return and had adjusted the ritual circle as such.

-"Welcome back.. Seems thee have had some nice meals since we last met"

She said as she leaned back into the throne and put her hands on her lap while smiling widely at Kirnadaz, The Ritual circle had already become active the second he entered the room. It would not be noticable untill Kirnadaz actually tried to do something, and if he did he would be bound down in an instant no matter the power he used.

-"I see that thee has brought back Xerordir, Oh but how lovely he looks much better as just bones"

She mused and chukled slightly before looking at Kirnadaz with the same smile, Should she wish she could deactivate the power of the ritual circle before it would activate. It was so that she could still have a civil conversation with him without the circle binding him down with his own power.

((OOC: Explanation, The ritual circle would use the affecteds own power to bind him so the more powerful one is the more powerfull the bindings will be :3 And don't just dismiss this Singer, This kind of thing was made just to bind beings as powerfull or more as Kirnadaz. Of course this is nothing one does without sacrifice... but Senka has a lot to give in that regard))

Brisinger987

Kirnardaz stepped into the circle unwittingly. Then an evil grin spread across his face.

"Well he was no longer the person he used to be. Not the Xerordir you and I knew, friend..." His mocking tone indicated that Xerordir now belonged solely to Kirnardaz's service. He wouldn't openly admit it unless she asked to know. But what he had done would be worth mentioning.

"I... Reconstructed his personality. He is more improved for the purpose he now serves." Kirnardaz began to remember the spell that would spill deathly black fire everywhere, before Xerordir stepped in, and began to speak for himself.

With a deathly rasp, the skeleton's red eyes looked up at Senka.

"Can I not get a cup of tea for this?" The skeletal reaper inquired abruptly. The sinister tone that Kirnardaz was trying to hold was broken by Xerordir's comment, and Kirnardaz laughed, not evil or maniacal, just pure, hysterical laughter. The necromancer had amused the demon prince. A difficult feat.

"Of course Xerordir... Of course not all of his personality traits changed, Senka. Only the ones I saw fit to change." The trait that rendered undying loyalty to Kirnardaz was new. He would not obey any other master now.

Scythe-Nova

-"Alas Xerordir i have no tea for thee or thy friend"

Senka replied with a laughter while she slowly shook her head still smiling widely, Unlike before when Kirnadaz was here her outermost thoughts were shrouded by even more incomprihensible thoughts. It was most likely one of the magical items that provided this minds shroud, Senka found it much more usefull than a block since one could misstake it for her actual thoughts and if they tried to go deeper one would have to sift through coutless of thoughts to simply find a strand of her actual thoughts.

-"I trust thy remember thine promise to me Xerordir, Thy know what to do"

She said with a mocking tone it was almost like she tested Xerordir as much as she tested Kirnadaz, She knew the demon lord was up to no good and that was okay with her as long as he did not cross her. Senka leaned against her hand supported on the armrest on the throne and looked at Kirnadaz with her trademark grin.

-"What will thee do now? Return to thine realm? Devour another god? or maybe fill me in on what thy plans to do with thine newfound power?"

Brisinger987

Kirnardaz smiled, his grin beyond maniacal, and his thoughts full of death and despair. And Xerordir would have smiled too.

"I'm going to destroy this world, and everything in it. And like I said, I reprogrammed him to fit the purpose. Not your purpose though Senka. He is much more useful to me. So, if you'll excuse me, I have an invasion to start." He tried to launch a ball of dark energy at Senka but found himself immobilised, and Xerordir, as per his programming, went on guard.

"Release him Senka. Now..." Xerordir's voice was gravelly and demonic now. No humanity left. No capability of human interaction. Just the distilled evil Kirnardaz had left behind. His scythe appeared in his hands and he prepared for a fight immediately.

Scythe-Nova

Senka let out a deep sigh as the circle went on and she shook her head in dissappontment and rose from her throne.

-"There is no pleasure in destroying the world not even in ruling it, i thought that of all people thy would understand this..."

She said as she took light steps foward looking towards Xerordir whom seemed to still be able to manifest his power, Maybe he was not strong enough for the seal to activte for him. "In that case" Senka thought as she simply picked up a small trinket from one of her many pouches and simply tossed it on the ground between herself and Kirnadaz. The trinket was a holy relic made to repell the undead making it impossible for them to get anywhere near the item, it worked on intelligent undead such as vampires as well so it would surely repell Xerordir as well.

-"What are thee afraid of Xerordir? Thine Master cannot die by my hands, And i intend to release him just not untill he learns the price of breaking a vow to me..."

She said her voice dripping with malice that seemed to be endless, She were halfway to Kirnadaz now and she simply kicked the trinket closer to Kirnadaz while smiling just as he had done at her.

-"Kirnadaz... Thy hath broken a promise that thine servant made to me and thee will feel that pain, thought i am not able to kill thee i will make sure thy are never the same again"

There was a primal force in her words seethed in hatred and wrath but it subtly so that one could only feel it slightly as if they only saw the tip of the iceberg but knew it was much more than that. She reached into one of the folds of her cloak and retrived an old ornate dagger that had seen many years of use, This item was the only means Senka had of actually harming and killing gods though it would not kill Kirnadaz it would harm him though unlike most weapons for killing gods the wounds from this weapon would never heal or regenerate.