Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Once Upon A Spider

Started by visualspice, August 18, 2013, 06:08:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Sah-lora regarded the man for a time. Her heart was beating rapidly within her chest,a nd her eyes were wild and wide.
"Then you are the Dark Prince of prophecy?" she said, mouth gaping in awe, and she moved forward a few steps and hesitantly reached a hand out to touch his arm, then shoulder, then to his face.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

Ghanon smiled and tilted his head, holding his arms out to her.  "In all his majesty," he replied and allowed her hand to touch him.

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Sah-lora's arms touched his arm, and she flinched lightly, but then, witha  smile, she touched his other arm and then took ihs hand, inspecting it. He appeared like any other human, just like her- but she had seen and felt when he had become other worldly- and had seen him come down from the stars.

Turning to him, her eyes became starry, like the sky.
"If you are the dark prince, take me to the stars!"
She had always wanted to go.
"Let me see the place you have come from. I am ready. The spiders have proven it!"
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

The spiders didn't really prove anything except that she would have little legs coming out of her later when they were finished digesting.  But Ghanon only smiled at her, taking both of her hands into his and stepping in closer to her.  She could feel his otherworldly energy emanating off of him and he clasped her wrists to his and his palms closed around her wrists.  "I could take you across the universe and back," he said, peering at her with his fluxing silver-green eyes.

"Look up at the stars, and breathe gently, feel your energy flow into me,"  Ghanon soothed.  He warmed his hands to her touch, the energy of his magic pulsing and coursing and gravitating between them.  "Focus on the stars, visualize them, then look into my eyes."  He gripped her wrists tighter before allowing his vision to pour into hers and his focus was so intent - not even a blink - as he imparted a fraction of his gifts to her, to allow her to be transported along with him.

Soon they faded from that world that was, their bodies ghosting through atmosphere, warping, blending, melding together until where they stood now seemed to be nothing more than a platform suspended both in space and in time.  And around them swirled the torrent of galaxies and stars and nebulas and quasars, pulsars, magnetars.

"Well?" he asked, looking up once he had broken their stare.  "What do you think?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

The sensation was out of this world. Whether it was lucid or real did not matter, for before her the stars spanned across her in an infinite ocean of clouds of swirling dusts and sparkles of light twinkling against the blackness. As far as her eyes could see this stretched, and the awe inspiring sensation had her clutching onto Ghanon tight.

Such power, such beauty kept her breath hitched within her throat as she peered around them- and found no words to describe the swell in her chest.

"I.." she said, hesitantly, still clutching onto him. "I do not know what to say!" And her eyes were lit up so vibrantly, the green colored appeared to sparkle like those of the pulsing stars. And she was smiling. "This is incredible! This land of a thousand stars!" And to him, she smiled, almost laughing. "And the power- I feel so insignificant here! It is like nothing I ever imagined!"

Lion

Ghanon offered her a small smile and turned his eyes toward hers.  Within their glare, the fluxing silver rimmed with green almost seemed to be filled with millions of more stars in their midst, as if within him resided the heart of another universe all its own, though whether that was true, or were merely the reflection of the stars around them, no one could ever know.

His hands gripped around her and he nodded.  "The gods know not the power of their own universe, their own creations.  They would turn a blind eye to the very majesty of what they had made.  There are some things we have yet to discover, that are greater even than the gods, these makers, these planners, these forsakers," he replied.

"But our world is just one of many, and many more among them."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Sah-lora continued to stare at the stars as he spoke, taking them all in in wonder before turning her gaze towards his. His eyes were mesmerizing, and she found herself with some difficulty to break his stare.

"Y-yes," was all she could say. "The Gods are fools."

Lion

Ghanon did not even blink as she stared into his vision.  He squeezed her hands and peered into her eyes until she was completely lost in them.  "Indeed they are.  Which is why I will help you, as the prophecy foretold.  Do you believe me now?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"Yes," she told him blindly, excitement and fear all welling up inside her and swelling her with glee. But she steeled off that giddyness and nodded. "Of course. Anything for the Dark Prince."

Lion

Ghanon smiled at her and squeezed her hand in all the realness he had become.  He nodded and took a hand to coax her eyes closed.  "We shall return to your realm then," he whispered gently.  And with that they dissipated back to her earthen plane.

Once they were surrounded again by dank trees and thick humid swampy air, Ghanon opened his eyes and told her to open hers.  "Then where do we begin?  I'm assuming you have the ritual to complete," he muttered.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Sah-lora, once she felt her boots on solid, swampy ground, her eyes shot open and she became giddy at the sight. Seeming not to hear his question, she turned to him.
"Oh what ritual when you are already here!" she spoke, taking his hands and squeezing them. "To think, my dark prince has come! I did not think it would be this blood moon, but you are here! And you are real!"

Lion

Ghanon frowned at her, not nearly as excited as she was.  He knew nothing about this woman and yet he made no qualms about pretending to be her destined lover.  It made no great matter, he simply needed to bide his time long enough to get the shard.  And if there was one thing Ghanon had it was time.

"What now then?" he breathed softly.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Her eyes were shimmering with such brightness that she had almost not realized the noise- and once she did- and the familiar howls and hisses were heard, her expression immediately dropped and her face, paling into terror.
"Those who come out at night.."s he whispered. "Those made of bone. To Rizhra's we must go," she spoke, taking his hand suddenly. "Lest the monsters of the swamp appear and eat us."

Lion

Monsters of the swamp?  He doubted it couldn't have been anything more than he could handle, but he knew better than to contest her judgment and her desperation as they moved on toward the house that had become her home.  To Rizhra.

"Is she far?" Ghanon breathed as he ran alongside her, following her lead.  He hoped it wasn't as the growls and howls grew louder and more angry.  Though he did not fear them, it wasn't a bad touch to pretend he did.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

At first, Sah-lora did not answer him as she tried to make quick work through the swamp like terrain.
"Yes.. see that curl of smoke?" she said, pointing one gloved finger towards the skeletal tops of the trees. "She lives there, on the other side of these swamps."
And it was evident that that location was so many miles away- and that the creatures, who howled, unseen, were so much closer than that.

Lion

"We're going to need to get there faster than running," Ghanon barked, feeling the creatures of the night closing in on them.  "That house up in the distance?  I think I can get us there..."  He suddenly lurched forward and wrapped his arms around Sah-lora.  A portal opened up before them and he leapt through.  He closed his eyes, as the portal closed behind them and before them, they tore through another, appearing on the other side and bashing through the door of the swamp hut.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

As the two fell into a muddied heap upon the floor, they would be greeted by the bubbling sounds of a brewing pot, it's heat...a nd smells. Though it seemed nothing else was there as Sah-lora lay on her back side, breathing heavily and peering up at the bones and dried herbs that hung from the ceiling and clattered together lightly, making hollowed- chime like noises as they struck together. But as the familiarity of the cabin became real to her, she sat up suddenly with a gasp.

"We're in my home!"

Lion

"This?  This is your home?  It certainly seems like someone like you would live here."  Ghanon's comment was a little disoriented as he climbed unsteadily to his feet.  Leaning against the wall, he took in the raw and savage look of seemed to be a witch's hut in the middle of the wilds of the swamp.  But then a notion struck him and he blinked.  "How do you know we'll be safe from the monsters here?" he asked.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

The reminder of those beasts had her gesturing to Ghanon to remain quiet as her green eyes stalked across the building, and she crept around- checking windows and doors alike to ensure they were closed. But each time she checked one window and one door, she lightly wrapped a hand around a clove of garlic and bones hanging from it. But she said nothing, letting her eyes raise towards the roof top when a night time wind rattled the roof.

"We are safe if the roof remains," she murmured.

Lion

"Yeah...hopefully."  Ghanon looked about the strange abode before finally turning and taking a seat on a stool in the corner.  "So where is your mother?  This Rizhra?  Though...perhaps we don't need her right off.  Do you have food and drink?  I am awfully famished!"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Tags: