Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Just a little sport (Bsand)

Started by Hadrian, August 23, 2013, 06:20:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hadrian

The opens seas had been stormy the past few days. It was nice to have calm weather after the storm that damaged their ship slightly. Fenyriel had been standing in the crows nest looking after the day-to-day operations while captain Jacques was in his cabin. Fenyriel has had lots of work to do since he became first mate. As the days rolled on the men had become a little agitated. They were frustrated about the storm that would slow their progress to the city. Fenyriel climbed down the crows nest onto the upper deck.

"Oi! Come ere ya blockheads!", He screamed," We're gon to ave a little competition!"

The sailors all quickly turned their heads towards Fenyriel. They started walking over, abandoning their current duties."What is it now, Fen?", One of the men called out.

"Make a circle lads! We gun to ave ourselves a tourney!" All the men cheered in excitement as they loved having fighting competitions, though they did not do a full tournament often. Fen offered a sly smile saying," Who's First?!?"

Bsand

The numerous bangs from the waves hitting the ship from the past storms had made it tough to hear Jaques walk outside from his closed quarters. Though, it was quite obvious by the sight that he was interested fights.  The dark wooden floor was stained with blood inside his office, nobody quite knew why.  The man was well known around this area as "J", because he hated being called "Sir", or "Boss".

"Aye," J said, "who would like to start on ye ol' Jaques?" He was obviously not sober, the sweet smell of the storm faded to whiskey when he approached the middle of the crowd.  "C'mon men'. Ain't nobody on this ship want' to fight me? Well then, whoever is the first to lay down a gud' swing on me' gets a drink on me," J seemed ready for a swing.

Hadrian

Fen turned to the captain as he walked from below decks. He walked up and straight to the fights. As he challenged the men to fight Fen had an idea. He walked over to the captain, stood by his side and said," How bout a little tag team? If you and your partner can beat me and J. Ill give ya more rations!" Everyone in the crowd started chanting and yelling. Two men walked up with crooked smiles." We'll give it a go!" Fen then gestured a sailor to start the match.

"GO!!", he screamed

The one man charged toward Fen as the other played defensively against Jacques. Fen was hardly surprised by the aggressiveness the man showed, but he was no match for him. Fen quickly sidestepped him and readied himself for battle.

Bsand

The scene of the fight favored Captain and Fen, Fen was quite skilled in hand-to hand combat.  Then again, the drunk 47 year old Pirate who doesn't even like to be called so, was on that team.  He was a very nice person, as nice as a person can be out here.  Nobody knew too much about him, since we all were hired only a few weeks ago to raid and drink upon his name. 

Captain fell over on to the ground from sickness, he shouldn't be fighting two young men just after drinking.  Fen was on the other side, starting to need help against two eager pirates wanting extra food and drink.  Jaques then, as quick as anyone has ever seen the old man move, jumped up and grabbed hold of one of his enemy. He then threw the man into the pit of the spectators. Loud cheers came up from this move The Captain made.  Nearly the same time, Fen jabbed the other man in the gut, making him fall. Even louder cheers came up with that. "We have a winner!" came out of the crowd.
"Hah, na' I wan' this ship sailin' again'. Back to... Whatever yu' people do. Fen, come with me now," he shouted. 

Hadrian

Fen was holding his own against the men, but then again, two well trained sailors were still tough to fight. It was no surprise when Jacques ran up and threw the one man away. Fen then took advantage of the other sailors' shock and have him a punch to the gut. As he collapsed to the ground the captain called their victory. Obeying Jacques commands he followed the captain into his quarters.

"Wot' ya' need cap'n?"

Bsand

Captain Jaques shut the wooden door quickly, making sure nobody would here or see what they were going to do.  "Wut' do ya' thnk' ya' doin' lad?" strangely in an Irish accent. "I told ya' not to interact' with meh'." All the beer in his room was actually sider, he pretended to be drunk for the crew to underestimate him. He was quite skilled at the drunken old, fake pirate accent.  "Ya'know I didn't wunt' yu' do that.  But it did make the crew ease up a bit'. Whatever.  Just remembah' you do the killing nah'." The blood on the floor was getting old, many of Fen and Jaques old crew bled here.  "You can go nah' lass, just' dunt' leddum' know wut' were doin' here."