Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Friends Are As Good As Dead (SilverShadow)

Started by Brisinger987, August 26, 2013, 01:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brisinger987

Methusela paced around the Valley's enjoying his newfound teenage freedom. He could go where he pleased now, and his mother had officially detached responsibility. If he got himself killed she would not mourn now. And she was not responsible for his actions, in any way.

Veraxitoc stayed for the ceremony as witness, should Methusela cause any problems and try to pin them on Seh'lvah.

Not that he would.

So far he hadn't strayed more than half the daylight hours travel away. He had no idea how to survive at night on his own, and he had vulnerable scale patches where his scales were growing loose and shedding to reveal harder, more dense scales, designed for fighting.

So as he sat by the lake in this particular valley, he sighed, swishing his tail. He still didn't feel happy, and the horrid scars on his wrists reminded him.

"I wish I was too dead to care..."

SilverShadow

Storm picked her way through the brush, lost in her thoughts. The midday sun was warm on her tanned skin, and made the blonde streaks in her hair look like strands of pure gold. She saw an opening through the bushes ahead and smiled. She had finally reached the valley. Being the wanderer she was, she was familiar with rather a lot of places, and there was a lake here she had rested by the lake in this valley before.

She was about to push through the last of the shrubs when she caught a glimpse of a large shape out of the corner of her eye. She turned toward the lake to see a dragon -- a fairly young one by the looks of it -- sitting by the shore, looking rather dejected.

Her gut gave her instructions and as always, she listened. She took several steps back so that she was completely hidden by the shrubs, then closed her eyes and stretched, silently shifting into her dragon form.

Tanith quietly shook her wings out, taking all of 2 seconds to adapt to her much larger body. Without further ado, stepped easily over the bushes she had just been concealed behind and into the openness of the valley. Her obsidian-black scales glittered in the sun, their pale, aqua blue tips sparking as they caught the light.

Brisinger987

Methusela felt the temperature in one direction change slightly, his scales slightly heat sensitive, and he turned in that direction, seeing, in his opinion, a pretty looking dragon. He wanted to say she was a Nightspinner, but she wasn't, something in his gut told him.

"Uh... Wh-who are you?" He stuttered, adjusting to avoid her seeing his arousal.

((OOC: He's gonna be like this the whole time btw, haha! Just ignore him, he's a teenager))

SilverShadow

((No worries, I have a teenage brother IRL so teenage boys don't bother me! ;) ))

"I'm Tanith." she said quietly, lowering her body slightly to make herself look smaller. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to startle you." She took a hesitant step toward him, the grass cool against your feet. She tilted her head to one side, her deep purple eyes peering at him in curiosity. "I haven't seen you around before. What's your name?"

Brisinger987

"My name's Methusela. I'm uh, a n-Nightspinner." Methusela shifted, hoping he wasn't clearly nervous or interested in her.

"I don't live too far away. Just a few miles one way. You?"

SilverShadow

"A Nightspinner! Wow, impressive! I thought Veraxitoc was the only Nightspinner left. Well it's a pleasure to meet you, Methusela. I'm a Crystal-back, in case you couldn't tell..." she trailed off, not sure what to say next. Social skills had never been her strong suit.

Brisinger987

Methusela was startled that she knew of Veraxitoc.

"How do you know of Veraxitoc?" Methusela was shocked, but he kept from saying that actually, she looked like a Nightspinner more than Crystalback, fearing she might take offense.

SilverShadow

Chavi chuckled. "Does any dragon not know of Veraxitoc? I mean, he's kind of famous." She lowered herself into the grass, shaking her wings into a more comfortable position. "How old are you, Methusela?" she asked curiously. He couldn't be that old, since he hadn't been wandering about on his own the last time she had passed through here.

Brisinger987

"He's never mentioned being famous before..." Methusela mumbled to himself.

"You want that in human equivalent or actual time alive?" Methusela had two contrasting answers. If he said a few months, he would seem juvenile. If he said his human equivalent, he would seem a lot older.

SilverShadow

Another chuckle rumbled in Chavi's chest. "Whichever you prefer," she told him, her deep purple eyes twinkling in amusement.

"As for the famous bit...until just now I, like everyone else, believed Veraxitoc to be the only Nightspinner left in existence. I guess that kind of makes him automatically famous. Not so much anymore though, huh? I mean, with you around."

Brisinger987

"Human equivalent of 16. Real age of about 1 year old. I will be 16 for the next 100 years, haha!" He conceded the point that either way he was young. Maybe she would understand him a little.

"Veraxitoc and I are still two of a kind... Although I heard tell that some red and black dragoness is roaming around, and looks just like a Nightspinner. An albino colouring." Methusela wanted to meet her badly, because that would be their race's chance of survival.

SilverShadow

"Wow, really? Sounds like you Nightspinners are making a come-back!" Chavi paused, then added "Why are you sitting out here all by yourself? When I first saw you, you looked rather glum." She didn't mention that she had been a human then. What was the point? Her human and dragon forms were so different that she essentially had two lives, different acquaintances for each form, and nobody knew that the young human wanderer Storm and the loner Crystalback Chavi were one and the same. It had worked out well so far, no reason to change that now.

Brisinger987

"We've been extinct for two thousand years, I bloody hope we are." Methusela grumbled.

"Just... Just thinking about stuff... That's all..." The reminder about his dad was a pain, unintentional yes, but still painful. He didn't want to remember about Shamgar. He wanted to forget.

SilverShadow

Sensing his reluctance, Chavi quickly said "Sorry, I didn't mean to pry."

((Lame, I know, sorry, but at this point I'm having trouble coming up with what to say next...what now?))

Brisinger987

((MEthusela spills the beans, lol))

"It's a home problem... My dad, my adoptive dad, Shamgar, left me and my mum a few weeks ago, and it's just... I can't..." Methusela tried to hold back a few tears, but failed miserably, silently letting them roll down his face.

SilverShadow

Chavi's breath caught in her throat as her heart hurt for him. She didn't know what to say, she had never been very socially savvy, but she's always been better with kids than adults and he was just a kid.

On impulse, she moved over to sit next to him and draped her tail tentatively across his back like a one-armed hug. "Oh, Methusela, I'm so sorry. My dad left me and my mom too, before I was old enough to know him. I know...how much it sucks." she finished lamely. Words. They had never really been willing to cooperate with her.

Brisinger987

"It's a bit different though... I wanted to know him, and he was hurtful, he was horrible, the last thing he said was so spiteful, like he never wanted to see me again, and I don't know why..." Methusela stifled back a small sob. He was confessing himself to a complete stranger, and he was trying so desperately not to cry. But it was futile.

"I got so upset, I... I..." Methusela didn't want to mention the state of his wrists, so instead he simply showed them to her.

SilverShadow

Chavi's stomach dropped as she saw the terrible scars on his wrists. She couldn't help him, she was SO not qualified, she was the last person who should be giving this young dragon advice. But he had opened up to her, why she couldn't fathom, but he had, and she had to do what she could.

"It's okay to cry, you know. I won't think less of you. It's natural. And it's better than...hurting yourself." She hesitated, then added softly, "I would know." She shifted her weight to her back legs and sat up, turning her front feet upward to expose her own wrists. At first there was nothing to see, but then she flexed and her scales stood on end to reveal quite a few scars of her own, hidden by her scales.

Brisinger987

"Oh... I... I didn't know... I don't want to cry... I need to show him I don't need him..." Methusela's bottom lip trembled, in truly futile attempts to stop himself crying. He didn't need Shamgar to be there. He didn't. That's what he kept telling himself.

But how he did. He needed to know his dad. He wanted his dad.

"I'm sorry..." He spoke softly before he just let go, giving in to the need to cry.

SilverShadow

Chavi, not knowing what to say, just hugged him tighter with her tail.

"I'm sorry, kid. I'm really sorry." she murmured, trying to be as supportive as possible. She didn't know what else to do.