Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Friends Are As Good As Dead (SilverShadow)

Started by Brisinger987, August 26, 2013, 01:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brisinger987

"I just don't know what else I can do... I want him to come back so badly, I miss him..." Methusela wiped his eyes with his wings, and scales fell off, revealing patches of flesh.

"Wow... I'm shedding scales still..."

SilverShadow

She gave him a little half-smile. "Don't worry, it'll get better with time. All of it. Even the scales!"

She picked up one of the fallen scales and contemplated it, before flicking her claw and sending the scale skipping across the smooth surface of the lake.

Brisinger987

"I suppose..." Methusela managed a small smile, and he looked over at a small boulder.

"That's a nice boulder..." He stood up, walking over, and coated it in flame.

SilverShadow

Chavi laughed in surprise. "What are you doing?"

She dragged her claws through the grass, then tossed the shreds into his pyre, adding flecks of color to the flame as they burned.

Brisinger987

"Don't get in the way, my fire is really hot..." He stretched his wings, putting as much energy into the flames as he could. They literally turned white, and the boulder visibly began to melt.

He cut off the flame, watching the boulder slowly try and cool down from it's white hot state.

"I'm gifted with hot fire."

SilverShadow

Chavi's purple eyes showed her astonishment as the boulder literally began to melt before her.

"Wow! That's really impressive!" she exclaimed, impressed. She watched as the slightly melted boulder went from white-liquid-hot to simply insanely-scalding-hot, and she grinned. "I don't know, I think I like it better this way."

Brisinger987

"It's a nice boulder now..." He felt slightly better for melting a boulder.

"Oddly therapeutic. I like it."

SilverShadow

"Not to mention fun!" she added pointedly, still grinning.

Brisinger987

"Thank you for listening to me... My mum, she took him leaving really hard... I have talked to her, but it's sort of home wrecked at the moment..." Methusela blew on a piece of magma, until it cooled, then picked up the molten rock, and threw it into the lake.

SilverShadow

Chavi watched the ripples from the splash fan out across the lake before she replied. "It's okay. That's what...friends...do, right?" She hesitated. "I'll be your friend...if you want." He seemed like he could use a friend, and she didn't exactly have a ton herself.

Brisinger987

"Yeah... I'd like that..." He smiled at her, before trying to decide if he was going to swim or fly home.

SilverShadow

She smiled back. "Well that's settled then."

((My brain is dead, sorry. x.x Oh, and heads up, I just changed Chavi's name to Tanith. I like it better. Lol sorry.))

Brisinger987

((ooc: That's ok :) ))

Methusela smiled. "Wanna come to The Colony?"

SilverShadow

Tanith hesitated, then nodded and smiled at him. "Sure. Lead the way, my new friend!"

Brisinger987

"Awesome." Methusela took a running leap into flight, circling at unnatural altitudes.

"What's the matter, scared of heights?"

SilverShadow

She laughed at his youthful, enthusiastic speed. She took her time lazily stretching out her wings, letting the sun glitter off their dark gems, then all at once she launched off the ground, appearing next to Methusela faster than most humans could blink. "Of course not! What do you think I am, a pigeon?" She grinned at him, teasing him.

Brisinger987

"You ain't seen nothing yet..." He beat his wings, and he was beyond the height of most mountain peaks, repeating the tricks that let him climb to places no other dragons Methusela knew of could. Up here was his escape. His freedom. The air was thin here, and almost non-existent. If she tried to climb up here, it could suffocate here.

SilverShadow

Tanith watched in amusement as he soared. She made no effort to follow him, but rather jetted along below him, keeping him in sight as they flew toward the colony.

Brisinger987

Methusela opened his wings to full extent, stretching the special talons, and spinning, releasing the signature scream that echoed across the valleys.

As they approached the Colony, they were met by a much bigger dragon flying towards them.

"That's Veraxitoc!"

SilverShadow

Tanith joined him in the joyous spinning, although she could not create the same sound, but righted herself when she saw the other Nightspinner approaching. Dragons as a species recognized no king, but he was a very powerful figure nonetheless. As he drew closer she hovered in the air and dipped her head, nodding respectfully to him. "Veraxitoc. It's a pleasure to see you again."