Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Friends Are As Good As Dead (SilverShadow)

Started by Brisinger987, August 26, 2013, 01:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brisinger987

"Tanith? I didn't expect to see you. Good to see you again." Veraxitoc looked at Methusela, who seemed to be rather happy.

"We met in a valley not too far away."

SilverShadow

"Good to see you too," Tanith replied with a warm smile. "How have you been?"

Brisinger987

"Stressed." Veraxitoc decided to say that, purely because of the drama in the Colony.

"Let us set down by the castle. Methusela, I believe your mother wanted to see you."

SilverShadow

Nodding agreeably, Tanith followed Veraxitoc to the castle, landing on the large, sturdy old roof next to him.

Brisinger987

"So what brings you to The Colony?" Veraxitoc's inquiry sounded slightly interrogative. Of course, the younger, smaller dragon would be powerless to stop him if he felt the territory had been attacked, but it hadn't.

SilverShadow

Tanith lowered her head in deference as she replied, "Just passing through, on my way to Adela. I stopped by the lake to rest and met Methusela. He invited me back here." Dragons, much like wolves, were very territorial. She respected that. It was part of the reason she and Veraxitoc had gotten along so well in the past. She had made it clear she was no threat to him.

"You know me, Veraxitoc. I would never impose on your territory, you know that. You granted me allowance to pass through when my travels bring me this way, and that I all I am doing today." she smiled at him reassuringly.

Brisinger987

"I know. But incidents recently have made me weary. I have been attacked. Earlier today in fact." Veraxitoc showed her the missing chunk of tail that a smaller dragon had torn off.

"They were small, but agile. Wyverns. Little bastards scratched my eye."

SilverShadow

If there was such a thing as a dragon-sized bowling ball, that's how big Tanith's eyes were as she stared at him in disbelief.

"You've got to be kidding. Wyverns?! Attacked YOUR colony?! Never heard of a suicidal wyvern before. What the hell..." she was truly shocked. She had never heard of a wyvern having the guts (or stupidity) to attack a Nightspinner period, let alone in a colony! Of all the crazy things...

Brisinger987

"No, they attacked me. I was out hunting, for a potential hatchling. Found a grey egg." Veraxitoc suspected that the local area was littered with Nightspinner eggs, possibly laid down by friends of his. Or even Loreiaka before she died. All the previous eggs didn't hatch, or got smashed. So potentially, they could be his own children.

SilverShadow

"Oh, wow," Tanith murmured, then added "still, that's pretty gutsy. They just attacked out of the blue? I assume none of them are still alive to regret it?" This last she asked with a slight smirk.

Brisinger987

"If none are alive, none can tell the warning. I will not tolerate violence." A low groan emitted from Veraxitoc's throat, an agonised sigh almost. They had done a number on him. A big one.

SilverShadow

Tanith nodded. "Good point." At his groan, she turned to him in concern. "Is there anything I can do?"

Brisinger987

"Could you find Seh'lvah? She knows some healing magic that would be of good use right now. I can heal my broken ribs." Veraxitoc slumped on the roof, and breathed a magic air over his ribs, feeling them heal.

SilverShadow

"Of course!" Tanith looked forward to seeing the teenage dragon again. She and Seh'lvah had gotten along quite well the last time they'd met. She poised to take off, then realized she had no idea where she was going. "Err, any suggestions on where I might find her?" she asked Veraxitoc. The colony was large, but the land surrounding it was even larger, and her quest would go much faster if he could give her an idea of where to start.

Brisinger987

"Try the eastern valley caves." Veraxitoc said, seeing the tell tale green glow that indicated Seh'lvah was in one of the caves.

SilverShadow

((I thought Seh'lvah didn't have any magical abilities? 0.o Or is her bio not up to date?))

"Alright, I'll bring her here," Tanith nodded a confirmation and launched powerfully off the roof, her shiny black wings spreading wide as she soared up, then east , heading for the caves.

She circled in the air, studying each of the cave entrances until she found what she was looking for. That subtle green glow that Seh'lvah's emerald scales couldn't help but emit. She landed as lightly as a feather and took several quiet steps into the entrance of the cave, following the glow. When she saw the young dragon, she stopped, leaned nonchalantly against the wall, and said with a grin "Well hey Seh'lvah."

Brisinger987

((None of my character bios are up to date... :/ ))

Seh'lvah panicked, hearing Tanith. Gods, she had almost forgotten Tanith ever existed.

"Oh, hey Tanith." Methusela called out from the cave, before going back to his job.

Seh'lvah tried to think of a response.

"Hello Tanith."

SilverShadow

"Hey Methusela."

She took a couple steps into the cave, trying to figure out what she was seeing. "Did I interrupt a party?" she asked.

Brisinger987

"No, I just needed to talk to Methusela. What do you need Tanith?" Seh'lvah's scales sparkled and shimmered in the low light of the cave.

SilverShadow

"Veraxitoc is on the castle roof, he requires your assistance immediately," she told Seh'lvah, deciding not to go into details. She would let Veraxitoc do that.