Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Talking to Mirrors

Started by visualspice, August 27, 2013, 07:02:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Talking to the mirrors, losing his mind and control, fighting all the voices, forgetting the reel and pull....

So many voices gathered inside his head, so many emotions fighting his own that he began to forget what it meant to be.... himself.  There was a whore inside, a child, a soldier, a mage, a psychopathic killer... all of them had been drained of their life and energies...
and all of those energies resided inside the man who stole them, and Blaith Harmond felt his head about ready to explode. Not only had their life forces and powers transferred from themselves into him, but their memories went with it, and the full life force of Chesrick Klaust was one of them, and his was the most dominant of them all.

His visions had been dogged,a nd his desire for his sister, Kella, ran rampant inside his brain. Like a nervous tick, his desires for her grew and grew like the ticking of the clock, until at times, he could not help himself but wanted his sister all to himself.

He remembered reaching for her, wanting to take her, forcing her upon the bed...
and the only thing that had saved his sister was the moment their skin had touched. The moment had knocked him clean off his feet, and when he awoke from his daze, Kella was gone...

And here he stood, the day dreary and full of rain, as he peered back into his reflection in the mirror without solace.

"Blaith Harmond. I am Blaith Harmond," he spoke, looking into his pale blue eyes in the mirror as his forehead pressed against the glass. His breath was hot against it, steaming up his reflection and misting it from sight. His fingers touched the misted glass, brushing it away, only to watch as again, his breath clouded the surface before he pulled away.

He felt dizzy, distressed, and felt his insides curdling. He gripped at his stomach, his blood suddenly heating with rage as he picked up a nearby chair and smashed it into the mirror.
The few shards that remained tucked into the edges of the mirror peered back at him now as a  fragmented reflection. He growled towards it.

Blaith Harmond? Who was that? He hungered for so much more. For a revolution, for death, for love, for sex, for her....
Kella, Kella, Kella... Gods.. how he needed his sister so.
And he felt hot, in heat,a nd he tore out onto the balcony, throwing the doors open and stumbled out int the rain.

For a long while he leaned against the railing, allowing the rain to cool him off as he closed his eyes, his clothes and body becoming soaked to the bone.
He had to find his sister before it was too late. Before either he killed her... or someone else.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

November

There was no doubt that Belle was indeed the busy worker. A blur of plans in motion and plans yet slumbering. The weather had taken a turn for the grim. A downpour of cold, bitter rain put a dampener on her mood. Given the recent circumstances, however, that still put her in a better mood than most. She simply breathed in the air, remembering why she was here at all. A vile, roaming beast occupied this place, and she had recently been in the presence of his other. Why oh why. Her thoughts came slightly annoyed. Why oh why do this to yourself? The stranger came into town like any other, on the back of a cart. Hitchhiking wasn't luxurious, it wasn't comfortable, but it was effective, and it was cheap. She flung a coin at the driver. It was some kind of payment. He could live with it. Now it was a matter of finding him.

Not that finding such a creature was troublesome for her. All it took was a few moment of concentration, and the ability to pick out a disturbed mind in a crowd of mortal fools. There were bigger challenges known to her kind. One of which, she had performed only but a day ago. So far, she hadn't given herself time to realize she had to stop at some point. She caught him, and she reeled him. "Bring him to me." Her thoughts brought her to a concealed room, hidden in a city under the shadow of a capitol. It concealed with a masters touch, because of it. But not that well. A bright red figure in a blue wall. Perfect. He'd worked himself up. One less job for her. Taking a moment to reflect on her rough-at-best plan, Belle began to slowly make her way towards a dangerous man, with a dangerous affliction.

~~~

Crawling her way inside the city, inside the buildings, inside the arteries and veins that fed the beating heart of a country on the brink, she forced herself unnoticed, with a mask, and a silent foot. Outside his door, she let him rage. It amused her at the very least. She crept in while he was too busy driving himself mad. It was hard to find good entertainment sometimes, and angry, mortal, men where often the best. Even better when you baited them.

"Blaith Harmond. Got it honey. Unlike you."

A coy, patronizing tone rung out from the other end of the room, breaking that fragile silence. Leaning on the frame of the smashed mirror, examining a piece of shattered glass, aloof and bored, a hooded figure. She pressed two fingers against the sharp edges, watching it tease against the flesh for blood, before she grimaced, and flung it back into the messy pile of shards on the floor with a sharp grating sound. Taking a moment to really survey the wasted glass, looking to the floor, she sighed. "It's a real shame I have to deal with so many men." Her voice came a tired fed up husk, sending her hidden gaze his way, and hand disappearing under the hood to press against her temple. "There really is a limit, you know." A short indulgent chuckle from the hood of a cocky stranger. "You might want to try looking for it." The figure cocked her head to one side slightly is bemusement. "You aren't going to find it in the rain." A grim, wiry grin.

"Contrary to popular belief, rain does not indeed wash away your sins."

visualspice

At the voice, Blaith spun around and peered back into his room. And at just that moment, a flash of lightning lit up the room, and he saw the hooded figure beside the mirror before a rumble of thunder shook the room. Soon afterwards, their world went silent and dark for a time as the pitter-patter of rain continue to beat down upon him, and the world all around him.

"Who are you?" he growled, hesitating to re-enter his own home as rain rivered down his face. "And what are you doing in my house?" He hesitated, a hand lowering towards his side. He had a hidden dagger there. If she was a threat, he'd just gut her like the rest. Or... even better, just simply touch her and let her suffer the same consequences as the others- like that time he choked the life out of Chesrick Klaust.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

November

Taking a moment to revel in the surroundings, she breathed, admiring the vapor that escaped her mouth in the cold air that the storm had brought them. Leaning still, she eyed the twisted murderer with an icy blue gaze from under the hood with a grin. She rose up from her postion, not too much shorter than the man she now faced. He was hesitant. Good. But she didn't want him too hesitant. Pulling her hood down, she revealed the beautiful face beneath, but she already knew that, in this case, her pretty face could be excused. For once, she was dealing with a man that her face alone could not win. This time, she could actually work.

She sighed only slightly. He was still a man who had committed quite the deed, and he had every reason to be weary. In some sense, she was glad he was weary enough of her to acknowledge his weapon. He didn't doubt her threat because of her attributes, as a woman. "There will be no need for weapons, Blaith. I intend to play nicely." Shaking out her hair, she stood before that drowned rat in the rain. "My name isn't important, I'd probably lie to you anyway. But why I'm here...infinitely so." Belle began to pace around the room. She claimed the space, played with ornaments, with sheets and fabrics and anything she could deem to be remotely personal.

Invade and occupy. The very basics of unease and power without force. Be large, take the space, and make it your own. Treat it with the care that would your space. Walk it like you've done it daily for years. Acknowledge the items and objects as if you had sought them yourself and they were your processions. But then, there was something in her hands. It glinted in whatever light there was. It ebbed a power that it shouldn't be able to. "See, you kicked this sleeping giant of a land, but not enough to wake it." She continued to paced and paced the room over, slowly, taking her time. "But it won't be let out of control. That's quite the shame. Things will stay as they are, under control." An somber, almost disheartened tone fell with her words, before an amused chuckle followed suit.

Her gaze rose to meet his after her thorough inspection of the space she had found her way into. The rain just kept falling. "I don't plan on letting your work go to waste too quickly. Do I have your attention, or will you brush away an inspired ally so soon?"

visualspice

"What's your game?" he asked, his voice dangerous. "What do you wish to accomplish and what do you know?"

A another flash of lightning illuminated the place in three brief flutters before a loud clap of thunder followed it as the room fell into darkness by a burst of wind.  Ornaments and lanterns chimed and clattered together, while the curtains and other draping ornamental clothe fluttered against the dissipated winds and fading echoes of thunder.

He could feel the thunder, even as it faded, for it shook the ground like a dragon's purr. His blue eyes, appearing as wicked and silver as the moon, never left her form as a few cautious boot steps carried him just inside the doors.

November

Belle scoffed slightly at his defensive nature, continuing to pace. In some ways, that was all good with her. There were two ways you kept your enemies. Defensive or unaware. She crossed her arms as she wandered across the floor with even steps. "I know you killed the former Grand Duke. I know you wish for a revolution, and change in the winds. I know that you are by far one of the most vile people I have ever had the displeasure of being in the presence of." She stared him down with cold, loathing eyes. "Whether that is a compliment or not is up to you." Pausing, she mused at the thing in her hand, before shooting a glance at the blonde-haired man she now shared space with. Tossing something in her hand, she threw it at him without a warning. A simple amber-jeweled necklace, that ebbed a strange power. The crest of the Grand Duke Calent upon it. "My game is simple, as is yours."

"Our prerogative in life is to cause a little trouble, and get what we want. Steal from those who have something worth stealing. Their life? Their money?...Their guideline." Belle smiled, and walking towards him a little more. "See, I have my little plans, and I'm sure you're thinking on your own. You've already spilled blood, might at well gut the thing while it's good." She stopped a few foot away from him,  enough to strike either way. "I don't have to use any fancy magic to get that much. It's all over your face. Somewhere in that black soul of yours you know the weight of what you've done, but as most would, you'll choose to leave that weight until you ascend to some 'greater plain' and are judged by something worth being judged by." Belle turned away, and sat herself in the nearest chair with gusto, letting out a sigh. "I'm planning on waving that thing in the faces of as many factions against the Duke as I can possibly find, that includes you."

"Let's just say the Grand Duke has quite the secret, and you're holding it in your hands. If word of that even slightly gets out, just a whisper of what it implies and it's nature, even the factions routing for the Duke will see their loyalty shake, excluding his pack of boring, submissive, wild Bitches, the White Lilly's, of course." She crossed her legs, reclining. "If you still want to have a hand in the mess you've created, I'm willing to give my hand, and I'm sure plenty more are with that little piece of darkness." She eyed the jeweled item. "My terms are loose, my deal is open. If you're up for a little occcupational therapy, then the times are right, and we..." The she-demons eyes dimmed with cruel, bitter intent "...most certainly are not."

visualspice

Blaith drew in a tense breath as she released her knowledge, though as the breath wavered as he expelled, he found himself only smirking at her through the dark.

"So you've been watching me?" he inquired, another purr of thunder evident, the panes of glass shaking subtly as his eyes watched the woman pace through his room. "And you wish to.. play?" He cocked his head curiously to one side and looked the woman over before flashing her a grin and giving a laugh through his nose.

"What would I care about a necklace?" Though once she revealed it's origins, he turned to her quizzically before shaking his head. "I don't understand. What would I care about owning a trinket from the grand duke? Couldn't you have stolen something more effective? Like his tax documents or some war strategy page?"

Though as she went on to praise the necklace, he glanced down at it as it rested in his palm. he had caught hte thing when she threw it but thought nothing of it until now. It did look and feel...
different.

"This item isn't cursed, is it?" he said, staring at her grimly, his blue eyes growing dark. "Because I don't have time to play with witches who watch me. So you know who I am and what I intend. So what? Who would believe you? You have no proof." He stared her over, pacing along with her as they seemed to eye one another up like a pair of wolves ready for a fight.

"And so you wish to help me?" he smirked at that, still staring at her cautiously, his gaze hardened, and shined darkly while the rest of him was illunimated by a flash of a series of lighting strikes before he paused, taking n a few steps between them and closing that gap. Now he stood but a mere few inches from her- dangerously close, and cocked his head like a curious animal.
"Why would I want your help?" he inquired, the smile never leaving his lips, but appearing almost cruel in the way he wore it. "And what's in it for you?"

Tags: