Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Dancing and Dragons

Started by visualspice, August 27, 2013, 09:20:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

"Dare I ask the catalyst?" she said, smirking, though it faded as she read more into his expression. "Is it that bad?" She.inquired, glancing around but once to see if there was any sign of Lady Acaulian, and when she was not spotted, she frowned and turned back to him. "Where's your wife?""
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

Doryx shrugged, sighing again before taking a light sip of the wine in front of him.  His eyes too traced the crowd but found no sign of Devaniee.  "I don't have the faintest idea," he answered.  "I said something that upset her and she just walked away.  But I would be hard-pressed to go after her, with that bracelet around her wrist.  She wanted to enjoy her stay here, I'll let her do just that."

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Stephanie gave him a small smile at his admittance.
"We've had a long journey. I'm sure she's just feeling the weight of it now. Do keep your chin up. I'm sure she'll become excited once the dancing begins."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

Doryx gave Stephanie a comforted smile, nodding to her.  "Oh I have no doubt that she will.  I hope whoever her dancing partner is doesn't step on her feet.  She loves those shoes," he said with a nod and did in fact turn his chin up, turning in his seat to watch the people that began to move more toward the dancefloor.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Stephanie gave a roll of her eyes, but smiled at Lord Acaulian none the less.
"I can't believe you'd be a bad dancer, Doryx. Have you been spending too much time studying rather than using your politics on the dance floor?" She jested.

Lion

Doryx rolled his eyes at Stephanie and scowled.  "I never said I was bad at dancing," he muttered.  He just shrugged.  "I just don't like dancing.  It's not for me.  Though I suppose you love dancing.  Am I right?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Shrugging, the woman found herself admitting, "Well, to be honest, there are.much better things I could do in my free time..." Though, after studying Doryx she added softly, "Though my husband had.loved to dance." She said, affording him a sad smile before she glanced away. "But even still," she added wistfully. "I care not much for it."

Lion

Doryx actually laughed at her confession and he patted her hand.  "Then at least I am in kindred spirits," he said, smiling at his colleague.  "Stephanie, you never fail to entertain me.  In a friendly sense.  But, you know, despite me being miserable, I think it's time I got up and looked for my wife before she's swept away in the arms of another rogue.  Thank you for the conversation...and I see from across the way, you've caught the attention of some fine company."  He winked at Stephanie before departing through the crowd, looking for Devaniee.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Off to the side, she never thought she'd live to see the day of running into her 'almost' other lover. The one she had contemplated having an affair with, but before he even had a chance to kiss her- Devaniée had refused. Now he had shown up here of all places and had approached her, and she found herself a midst a web of social entrapment; and once the two had a chance to be alone together, he leaned forward to whisper into her ear, "Don't think I ever forgot about you, Devaniée. I still try to imagine what life would have been like have you ever chose to actually kiss me.."

OOC: Aaaaaand... I can't recall if her almost affair lover had a name but yeah XD
I'll think of one in my next post? Or you can? *shrug*

Lion

His name was Byron Mazrin and Doryx had spotted him from afar when at last he spotted his wife through the crowd.  He'd had her cornered and Doryx felt as if time was slowing down for a moment as his heart was suddenly pounding in his ears, in his hands and he stared at them for what seemed like an eternity.  But when time came back to him, he strode through the crowd and  came toward his wife and stood beside her and immediately Byron retracted, stepping back a little.

"Good evening Lord Mazrin," Doryx addressed, holding out his hand for him to shake.  "I didn't expect to see you here tonight.  How have you been faring?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Devaniée could have leaped clean out of her skin. Turning around, she exclaimed, "Oh! Doryx!" And then, a more sheepish smile came from Lord Mazrin as he bowed handsomely, albeit,  abit rigidly, to the high lord.

"Exceptionally well, though I caught some sort of fluke illness over the past few months, it seems my body was strong enough to fight it off." He cast a glance towards Devaniée, smirking, only slghtly more to see her gasp again. "And yourself, my high lord? How have you been these past few months. I do believe it's been some time."

Lion

"I have been well, and much better now that we've got to get out of the house," Doryx smiled and shook Lord Mazrin's hand in a tight grip that made the other Lord momenatrily wince.  "I'm glad to see you're in good health.  Oh, darling, Lord Mazrin is a benefactor to the university and we appreciate your generosity."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"Yes, well, it was the least I can do considering the um, acquaintance of myself and erm, your wife," he said with a humbled bow, still smarting a bit from the hand shake but as much as he wante dto shake out his hand, he refrained. After all, it was never put out there he tried to have an affair with his wife, but no doubt it might have been obvious.

Devaniée kept quiet, not certain how to react to either her husband or her former, 'could have been'  lover as she peered around the crowd, and almost caught her mother's gaze. Almost.
Tensing, she turned back around to the two men before her and smiled.

"Yes, we always appreciate and welcome gifts for the college.."

Lion

"Well, it was nice to see you again, Lord Mazrin," Doryx said with a nod and he smiled at Devaniee.  "Darling, perhaps you'd like to dance with me then since the first couples are already moving off the floor and the next round are coming in?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"Yes, dancing sounds lovely, perhaps you could spare a dance for me later this evening?" Lord Marzin replied, purposely cutting himself in to address Lady Acaulian as he took her hand and kissed the top of it softly. His eyes met to hers only briefly as he smiled. Devaniée was too stunned to answer. Blinking out of her trance, she turned to her husband after freeing her hand.

"Yes.. a dance.." And she turned to Doryx, tucking her hair back as she hooked arms wit him and let him lead her off onto the dance floor, her mind still numb over the affair.

Lion

"I'm afraid it will be a long wait in line, Byron," Doryx addressed firmly before sweeping his wife away from that cad and onto the dancefloor just as the music began.  He held onto Devaniee possessively,what might even be construed as jealousy and kept his hand firm on her waist.  "So that's the louse?" he asked as they danced.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Surprised was written clearly on her face as the two moved out onto the dance floor. And then at his comment, she gave an irritated breath and glared back at him.
"I could hit you, if it were not inappropriate,"s he said with a huff. "Is that the only reason you're so eager to dance with me?"

Lion

"You might be upset, but you'll have to curb your anger in the presence of company, especially your mother's.  Please, for yourself and me.  Mindful of the bracelet."  Doryx looked somber and peered at her eyes.  "And no, it's not the only reason I pulled you away to dance.  For one, you're my wife. Two, I love you and if I'm jealous enough to want to keep you to myself, then kill me.  Three, Lord Mazrin has had every willing wife he could sweep under his rug and no doubt countless of illegitimate children.  You think I'd let him take you from me?  After all we've been through?  Ruin everything we've built together?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"That's not what I meant, Doryx," she said, glaringly. "Now please, keep your voice low before you make us a show." And she looked around to see if anyone caught their argument, but it seemed all the other dancers were in their own little worlds.

Lion

Doryx smiled at her.  "It anything you should be thanking me from saving you from his diabolical clutches."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn