Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Dancing and Dragons

Started by visualspice, August 27, 2013, 09:20:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

DevaniƩe's eyes welled up with sharp tears, though she tried to suppress them. Yet at his comment, she shot him a sharp glare.
"After this dance, I'd like to sit down."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

"No," Doryx said firmly and held her just the same.  "Oh come on, darling I'm only joking with you.  Please, can't we just enjoy our time together here?  Isn't that why we came here?  Look, I'm sorry.  Can you please give me a genuine smile?"

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

"You ask me to smile when I feel rotten." And she looked away and added with a sigh. "I'm not in the mood, Doryx..."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

"I'm sorry, I apologize," Doryx said softly.  "I shouldn't have said anything.  Let's just enjoy this dance.  I just wnnt to dance with my wife.  Is that too much to ask?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

DevaniƩe looked away from him and said nothing. Her insides were twisting up and she was having trouble blinking back her tears. And once she was able to recompose herself and put back on her mask, she turned t him and forced a smile. "As you wish."

Lion

Doryx just frowned and turned his own eyes down, hurt by the forced response.  But he kept his composure as best he could as they moved across the dancefloor.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

It just so happened Lady Roser'ren, her mother, was nearby and didn't miss a beat. She could tell by their body language something was going on. And then her eyes went towards a certain young Lord, Lord Mazrin and she gave a partial smile this way. She was no fool, and would take this matter up with DevaniƩe personally.. but much later.

For now, all of the couples danced beautiful, and DevaniƩe moved as graceful and light as a glass doll. And once the dance was complete and the couples were all applauding, she bent over and held onto her stomach.
"I don't feel well. I think I will sit this next one out." And before Doryx had a chance to stop her other wise, she pushed away from him and moved swiftly from the dance floor.
Though it wasn't entirely untrue, she felt wretched, both inside and out and was now regretting ever wanting Doryx to come with her here.
He didn't want to anyways and now look what's become of it.

And she? She felt a mockery as she made quick work to disappear, where ever she could.

Lion

But he wouldn't let her disappear as Doryx bowed graciously to the people around him before walking after Devaniee, following her easily through the crowd.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Growing annoyed, she finally stopped in a quiet, private corner, folded her arms over her chest and sighed as she glared at the wall, back to her husband.

Lion

Doryx stopped at her back and stared at the back of her head for a long time before he gathered the courage to approach her from the side.  "Darling?" he said tentatively.  "Would you like to step outside on the balcony with me?  Get some fresh air?  Away from all the people?  So we can talk?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

DevaniƩe drew in a careful breath before finally turning to him.
"I just need to.. cool off. Maybe you could get me something to drink and we can just relax out there before considering anther dance..."

Lion

"Yes, that sounds adequate.  Please excuse me," Doryx said with a bow and leaned in to kiss her cheek softly.  He pulled away for a moment before getting the drinks and returned shortly afterward.  He came back with two glasses of champagne in his hand and gestured an arm for her to lead the way.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

DevaniƩe remained alone in the corner, chewing over thoughts and fingernails. It wasn't until Doryx returned did she ease up some and moved with him out onto the balcony, taking her drink and hooking arms with him- all the while her mother watched them from a distance...

And she remained quiet, hesitant over her words and.. well, she did not want to be the first one to speak.

Lion

"Could you tell me what is the matter?" Doryx said, breaking the silence when they settled on the balcony at last.  "Was it something I did?  How can I know if you don't communicate with me?  We came here to have a good time, though I know even that seems far-fetched.  Please tell me.  I'm sorry for what I said about your mother if it's that.  I just...I just didn't want you to feel alone in your irritation.  I'm sorry for not dancing with you.  I'm sorry for not spending time with you as I intended.  I just want you to be happy, Devaniee."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

The more Doryx spoke, the more irritated she became, that finally she could take it no more as she turned to him and said, "That's enough, Doryx!" And her eyes wavered with tears. "Don't you get it? Don't you understand? You mock me with more than words today. I know I... don't have the best tastes sometimes, but Lord Mazrin was a good friend of mine. We knew each other back in Jadenshine, before I even met you. And at first, he was the only friend I had when you were gone... and then here you grow jealous over him? Over something that didn't even happen and could have and should have for your negligence?!" And she stared at him, her eyes continued to waver with tears before she slowly shook her head. "Doryx... You already know I'm not some glass doll for you to parade around anymore, yet here we are, and that's exactly what you're trying to pretend I am." And then glancing down at her champagne, she sighed and handed it back to her husband. "I am no logner thirsty. And I need to dry off my eyes. Excuse me while I go to the lady's room."

Lion

"I'm not pretending anything," Doryx replied as she was about to go.  "I wasn't trying to mock you or hurt you.  But I can see now that I did.  I told you before that I wouldn't have blamed you if you had gone astray.  It would have served me right for leaving you so.  But was I wrong to think that we'd grown closer in the journey to come here?  I thought we could finally work on what had separated us in the first place.  I still want to."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

DevaniƩe paused in midstride to turn around and she stared at her husband, looking him right in the eyes.
"I'm not saying I don't want to Doryx... but you don't seem to realize.." she began, her eyes tearing up again as she gave a tired sigh,a hand raking through her hair. "It's been years since we've ever spent this much time together. So many years I've lost count, Doryx... We... I..." she turned away, smoothing a hand down her face, covering her lips before she lowered her eyes to the ground and shook her head.
"It's just... going to take soem time.."
And she glanced down at the bracelet, before blinking back tears that blurred her vision.
"I... I'll be right back." And she walked away.

Lion

Doryx dropped his head and said nothing when his wife excused herself yet again.  Doryx turned his gaze out to the ocean the balcony overlooked and for the moment let himself be lost in the sensation of the view.  The moon was glorious the way it hung over three quarters waning.  The cliffs and hills to the west shone against it and he smiled a little, a crooked grin that slowly faded as he leaned against the railing.

When he felt a presence behind him, he said nothing, but remained quiet, waiting and listening.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"You know, I never wanted to come into bad terms with you, Lord Doryx," Came Lord Mazrin's voice from behind. "As a friend of Devaniee's I was... hoping that my assistance with your colleges, and fundings for archaeology might... help us make amends." He stood beside him and sighed. "I know you're no fool, Doryx, nd I know you think little of me." And he lifted his glass to his lips as he stare dout at the gardens below.
"But I did love her." He said, smiling over at the other man before looking down to his glass. "She just never loved me back. That's where you and I will always differ. And I can respect that." He shrugged and leaned against the railing. "Perhaps I'll have better luck in my next life, eh?"

Lion

Doryx turned to Mazrin as he had the gall to approach him, he studied the man with ambivalent eyes and just shrugged nonchalantly, taking a drink of his wine.  "It doesn't matter now, it's all in the past.  And I've learned the inconvenience of dwelling on the past.  Man must always move forward now, mustn't he?  Even me, who studies civilizations long dead, know that we learn from our past in order to prepare for our future."  He raised his glass to Mazrin and smiled.

"Devaniee is an intoxicating woman.  I can't blame you for loving her.  But I would blame you if you didn't respect me enough as a gentleman to keep your hands off of her.  Because you know what would happen if you did.  Consequences graver than death.  Mazrin, I would like bygones to be bygones and to let it all go.  Is such a thing acceptable to you?"  Doryx asked, extending a hand out to the man.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn