Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Class is in session (Zozee/TheWall/Brisinger/open)

Started by Klezmer Gryphon, August 27, 2013, 03:28:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Klezmer Gryphon

The morning was just beginning for Liviana. After a quick cup of tea, and some fish, she was out the door, and off to get class started. Sure, it was a bit stressful, and certainly fast-paced, but she felt good about it.

As she flew through the halls of one of Connlaoth's older schools, the gryphoness thought for a moment about her students. Most, if not all of them, were the sons of wealthy families and nobles. Spoiled brats, in her opinion. Every year, a new round of them came through her class, laughing, disrespectful, and noisy. And, every year, when they left, they were angels. She smiled, and entered her classroom, and was surprised to find the door unlocked.

With a bit of apprehension, Liviana opened the door, and was relived that there was no one there. Flying over to her desk, she noticed two things that were out of place. First, her nameplate was missing. And, second, there was a sealed envelope on the large oak desk. Her nameplate, as it turned out, was in the drawer, and was quickly returned to its proper place on the desk. The envelope, on the other hand, was a bit of a mystery. Gently taking it in her talons, she began flying up and down the small aisles of empty desks that filled the old stone and wood class room, trying to decide whether or not to open it. Her thoughts were interrupted by the grandfather clock in the corner sounding. It was the start of the first day of school.

SilverShadow

New school year, new teacher, same kids, same crap. Xanti slouched into this year's classroom on the first day of school just as the clock began to chime. The hood of her sweater was pulled low over her hair, and aside from a fleeting glance at her new teacher she kept her eyes on the floor as she made her way to a desk in the far back corner of the room. She quietly set her books on the desk and slid into the chair, scooting as far into the corner as she could.

zozee9

Clea sprinted to the classroom, throwing the door open, upon entering, fell straight down. While she managed to miraculously put her hands out in time to catch her fall, her face was red with embarrassment. Immediately standing up, she quickly and loudly stated, "I am so sorry for being late. I promise you that it won't happen again. I cleaned up the entire room and did all my duties before running off to the bathroom. I know that's not an excuse, and I'm so sorry."

Her breath was still heavy from running, and she silently cursed herself. Why didn't she just wait to use the restroom until some sort of break time? She must have disappointed the teacher from the very first second. And seeing as she was supposed to be a teacher some day, and was currently in training, that wasn't a very good start.

Clea stared intently at the gryphon teacher, trying to be discreet but completely failing. She had heard the teacher was a gryphon, but seeing her was a completely different thing. She looked so noble, tall, and wise... and then there was herself. Anybody looking at Clea would think she was just a girl no older than twelve.

She was wearing an adorable purple dress that she had to buy in the same section as kids. Her pure golden hair wasn't too long nor too short and was kept in two neat braids. Clea was skinny without any apparent muscles, appearing a little scrawny. What really stood out about her, however, was the fact that she was four foot nine. She was, in fact, a full nineteen years old.
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

Art Thread: Here! | deviantArt Profile: Here <3

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

Klezmer Gryphon

Liviana turned at the sound of the door flying open to see a little girl fall into the classroom. She was about to help the young lady up and send her off to any class she might be missing, but then she heard the girl apologize. Since when did I get an assistant? she wondered.

"Well, I suppose that explains why my nameplate was in the drawer instead of on the desk. Although... I do wonder why the headmaster decided to assign a little girl to be my assistant." The teacher said with a calm. It seemed to fall into place for her. This girl, apparently her assistant, must've come in earlier that morning and tidied up the room, hence why the nameplate was out of place. That still didn't explain the unmarked letter, though.

However, she put her thoughts about the letter aside, and put the letter itself in the top drawer in her desk for later reading. For the moment, she turned her attention to the girl in the back, who had come in just moments earlier.

"Excuse me, young lady, but what is your name?" She asked as she flew down the rows of desks to the back corner where the girl sat. She obviously could've just looked on the roll call sheet, but she couldn't put names to faces the first day, so it was practically useless until the rest of the class showed up.

SilverShadow

Xanti, who had been more or less ignoring the startling exchange happening at the front of the room, looked up as she became aware of the teacher flying toward her. "Xanti," she replied, her voice soft. Then, remembering that this was school and therefore the teacher would be working off a class list, she added, "Xanti Serseri."

zozee9

Clea bit her tongue to refrain from arguing with Liviana. She was not a little girl, and hated when people called her that. But she couldn't say that in front of the person who was supposed to be her trainer. Instead, she focused all her attention to making a mental note not to put the nameplate in the drawer.

Then she glanced over at the gryphon, then at Xanti, and then quickly searched through her mind. "You live with a foster family, correct?" asked Clea She took it upon herself to learn at least one thing about all the students before she started working.
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

SilverShadow

Xanti bristled a little. "Yeah? So?" Her voice dared the girl to make a big deal out of it. Just try something, I dare you, she thought, all her defenses up. She had been dealing with this crap her whole life. It never changed. Next, she predicted, the girl would say something about a foster kid with weird hair not belonging in a school for wealthy noblemen's children.

Klezmer Gryphon

"Young lady, asking that kind of question when you first meet someone is rude!" She said, almost angry with her assistant. However, she managed to compose herself before she did anything she'd regret later. As some of the other students started filing into the classroom and began taking their seats, Liviana decided the conversation could wait for the moment, and went to the front of the room to her desk so that she could address the class.

"Now, class, I am Ms. Vivien, and I will be your teacher for the year." She announced, her voice a gentle breeze amidst the silence of the class. If she had to pick a favorite sound, Liviana would pick silence.

zozee9

Clea missed the challenging tone in Xanti's voice and was about to explain that she had a foster sister, but the teacher cut her off. Great, she thought, sarcastic even in her head. I've already messed up twice and class hasn't even started.

She watched as more students came into the classroom, mentally assigning names and facts to all of them. Clea then followed the gryphon to the front of the class, though she stood off to the side. She wasn't quite sure if she was supposed to introduce herself or not. So, figuring it was better than saying something and making a fool out of herself, Clea merely stayed silent, moving her gaze back and forth between the teacher and the class.

Ivory

Cherie blinked owlishly at the administrator as he walked her to class.  She was not the first Treyburn to attend this school, and the administration expected trouble.  Unlike some of the older Treyburns, she was not outwardly a hellion - but she had been going through the same process with the administration on the first day for three years now.

"Here we are," the fat man huffed.  "And here is your information packet.  Again."

"Thank you," Cherie answered sweetly, accepting the folder from the fat man.  She had forgotten his name again, and she didn't have the heart to tell him.  He ushered her into the classroom with a polite wave to the teacher...and then he was gone.

Cherie glanced around the room, looking perfectly awkward as she lingered in the doorway.  The odd, boyish ensemble she wore did little to help that impression, nor did the way her bun had already fallen flat at the nape of her neck.  For the time being, though, at least she was clean!  "Sorry.  I lost my paperwork and didn't know where to come..."

SilverShadow

Xanti glanced up as the door opened again. Oh, there she was. The youngest Treyburn. Xanti was fairly certain her name was Cherie, though they'd never actually spoken. Cherie's family had long attended this school, and her older siblings were something of a legend. "Hellions" the headmaster had once screamed down the hall, Xanti recalled. This one didn't look like much of a hellion. Actually, she looked almost as awkward as Xanti felt. Intriguing.

Klezmer Gryphon

Liviana was just about to say something else when the door opened. In it was standing one of the Treyburns. Great.... she thought with a sigh. The Treyburns were notorious at the school, being hellions and whatnot. This one, she hoped, at least, wouldn't be as bad as the others.

"It's fine, Cherie. Just go and take a seat next to Xanti over in the corner." She said to the late student, pointing to the empty chair next to Xanti. With a sigh, she hoped there wouldn't be anymore interruptions. After slight shake of her feathered head, she continued informing the class on the rules of her classroom.

"Now, as I was saying, any notes I find getting passed ar-" she saw a note being passed right at the front. With a smile on her face, she gently flew over to the student, took the note, and crumpled it without even reading the message; a loud, wet gulp! following as she swallowed the piece of paper. It must've seemed weird, or even downright gross, but that's how Liviana dealt with the problem.

SilverShadow

Xanti choked down a silent laugh when the teacher ate the note. Maybe, just maybe, this class would at least prove to be interesting! She carefully avoided Cherie's eyes as the teacher directed her to Xanti's corner.

Ivory

Cherie nodded and slid into the seat beside Xanti.  Once seated, she took a moment to assess the classroom again, this time from a sitting position.

Her eyes nearly bulged out of her head when she saw what the teacher did with the note, and it made her grasp her beloved notebook protectively.

She didn't intend to pass it to anybody, but teachers usually didn't like her notebook...and she certainly didn't want it eaten!

It would probably make her pay attention -- for five minutes, anyway -- before she would turn her attention back to the cogs and gears it contained.

Hadrian

Devon walked through the door feeling nervous. He walked through the door with a wicked smile. He quickly walked up to his new teacher and smiled sarcastically." Sorry, I had to attend to some family business.", Devon said still smiling. He then turned and walked to the nearest open seat. As he took his seat he put his notebook on his desk and started drawing. Only hearing every third word the teacher said. He began jotting down the things he had collected that he was going to put up for sale.

Things to sell-
Copy of "Nymphs, and their behavior"
A necklace with a green skull decoration
Golden Ring

Klezmer Gryphon

Again with interruptions. If these kids don't stop showing up late, I may just hand in my resignation! she thought, annoyed with the constant disturbances. And, to top it all off, the student who just walked in was a sarcastic, pompous twat, one of the Isnars. The way he walked in, the way he smiled, all sarcastic and wicked; it just made her want to throw him through the wall.

"Young man, come into the hall with me." She said, walking up to the boy's desk and sinking her talons into his journal. She didn't care if he was drawing or jotting down a groceries list, her stress was pushed over the edge with just the constant interruptions, and her anger was just about to boil over.. She meant to correct the young twat's behavior not only for her own sanity, but as an example to the class as to what happens when you mess with the wrong people.

As she approached the door, she turned back and nodded to her assistant, basically leaving her in charge of the class until she got done with the Isnar kid.

Hadrian

Devon heard the teacher walk up to his desk. With his eyes still locked on his notebook. "May I help you?", Devon said practicing his best salesman voice. His snarkiness caused a few to giggle in the class. He walked with the teacher still smiling with his crooked smile. He winked and waved to a few girls while Ms. Liviana wasn't looking. Devon walked out the door and put on his best innocent face.

"I'm so sorry...I had to pick up something on the way to school.", Devon said.

SilverShadow

Xanti leaned back in her chair and crossed her arms over her chest, watching in unabashed amusement. Devon was one of the cocky ones. Devon was one of the ones she'd always hated. That snide, entitled, arrogant smirk of his...

Yes, she thought, this was going to be a very interesting year indeed.

Klezmer Gryphon

As soon as the boy walked out the classroom door, Ms. Vivien shut it. She didn't want any prying eyes in the classroom seeing what she had in store. After checking to make sure no one was coming, she began. She started gathering all the mucus and saliva in the back of her throat, which wasn't as easy as it seemed. After swallowing the note just minutes earlier, she had to be careful not to bring that back up.

After she felt she had a sufficent mass of sticky mucus and spit, she asked the boy one thing:
"Are those clothes made of silk or wool?" There was a sly smile on her face. As the gryphoness flew in place in front of the boy, her throat and mouth suddenly flew open, coating the boy in a thick, sticky layer of mucus and saliva. As her smile returned to her face, the teacher opened the door to let the slime coated student back into the classroom.

Ivory

With the teacher out of the classroom, it gave Cherie a chance to start playing with something!  She glanced at the door furtively, then looked to Xanti.  She put a finger over his lips, indicating that the other student should be quiet.

Grinning, she fished around in her pack and fished a gun -- of all things! -- from her pouch.  It was a pistol, much smaller than the rifles many were accustomed to seeing -- and she began to strip it apart with a speed that was downright incredible!  Gears, cogs, and springs soon littered her desk, and a healthy black smudge had appeared suddenly across her left cheek as she worked.