Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

All That Glitters Isn't Gold... (Tak)

Started by Brisinger987, September 02, 2013, 04:05:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brisinger987

Veskos wandered the streets of Uthlyn, looking at the humans around him. They seemed so blissful. But when he read their thoughts, they were in turmoil. All of them.

Suffering everywhere. He couldn't find crime though. He didn't want to find crime. But these people were suffering. The Civil War was taking it's toll on people. Well, some people called it that. Others called it a political stalemate, whereas Veskos called it annoy and pointless.

Mages made good edible souls, powerful souls. They ma-

A powerful soul, the smell coming from outside the city. He followed it briskly, not wanting to seem too eager. After all, a masked man running through the city streets with a daitō strapped to his back would look rather suspicious. And he could always feed on the soul of some high society snob.

As he exited the city and rrived at where the smell was strongest, he looked around for the source. He looked around, feeling the tell tale sting of something Holy nearby. The place seemed to shine gold as he examined it, wondering what was emitting the light.

Then he saw the golden man, and felt his eyes burning in the bright sunset light reflected off the golem's body. Or at least, it looked like a golem...

Tak

Defteroi was trying to have a stall open, to see if it worked. He sold Golems for goods, food and gold. He could smell Unholiness, just like all Gods should. He walked up to him. He looked straight at the Demon. "You Unholy Monster! I am Defteroi, Keeper of the Second Soul and God of Golems! Where you sent to kill me? You wish."

Two golems came out of the ground. http://www.cgtrader.com/3d-models/character-people/fantasy/stone-golem-guardian

Brisinger987

As the stone golems rose from the ground, Veskos' mask itself grinned at the challenge. In a flash of movement, his daitō was drawn, and he had cut one of the golems down. As the rocks crumbled and Veskos' smile grew wider, he felt a punch from the golem send him flying in one direction.

He swung himself round his daitō, which was planted in the floor, and teleported, catching the angle so that his rotation kicked the golem's head off.

"Is that the best you can do? I've had mice give me a bigger challenge. I am Veskos. Your opponent today. And feasting on your soul is going to be sooooooo good."

Tak

"I am Keeper of the Second Soul, by normal definition, it is not a soul, and also unedible".
It was extremely rare Defteroi was smart, but still...
about 20 Armor sets came to life and got hold of some armor, to attack.
Then some more Pavement Golems, and even a Coin Golem. If he so desired, Defteroi could make the whole city a Golem.

Tak

Quote from: Tak on September 02, 2013, 04:37:01 AM
"I am Keeper of the Second Soul, by normal definition, it is not a soul, and also unedible".
It was extremely rare Defteroi was smart, but still...
about 20 Armor sets came to life and got hold of some weapons, to attack.
Then some more Pavement Golems, and even a Coin Golem. If he so desired, Defteroi could make the whole city a Golem.

Brisinger987

((LOL))

"Yeahyeahyeah. Shut up now. I'm hungry." A horrible gargling sound mixed with a contented sigh as Veskos cut down several golems.

Then one broke his mask. Only a crack in the supernatural material, but still damage.

Suddenly he broke into a frenzy, screaming and laughing as he seemingly teleported everywhere, his sword moving in frenzied attack at the golems.

Only a few remained why the mask repaired itself.

Tak

Suddenly four of these ( http://gamerlimit.com/2011/07/capcoms-golem-has-laser-beam/ imagine that where there are no lasers) jumped up into the city from outside, surrounding the Demon.

"My soul is impossible to eat. I AM A GOD!!!"

Brisinger987

"Interesting. Still KILLABLE." Veskos snarled as he charged the first one, launching himself at blinding speed, causing the golem he charged at to explode. In midair, he blasted one with concentrated energy from his sword. That was two down.

The third golem however, managed to land a punch to the face. As the punch landed, Veskos felt his mask break a little more, and another frenzied attack ensued. Mere seconds later, the golem crumbled, the being simply turning to dust.

The fourth grabbed Veskos, and tried to rip his mask off, causing Veskos to scream in pain before the mask came off.

The second the mask came off, a beam of energy literally evaporated the golem, and when the smoke cleared, another mask was on Veskos' face.

"I've eaten bigger."

Tak

(Sorry for short posts))

"Doubt it".
another Golem jumped in. one of http://artofty.deviantart.com/art/Earth-Golem-155001383 and one of http://leopardsnow.deviantart.com/art/Earth-Golem-321657843 .

They may be taking up alot of ground, but he will return it. He also made a cotton giant eagle golem, and started flying around his large creations.
Despite popular belief, Defteroi needs to imagine what the Golems will look like.
Oh and how about a few extra normal sized ones, why not? three of them.

To recap, you don't anger Gods.

Brisinger987

Veskos' new mask grinned at the new golems. Veskos was loving this insane violence. Until the bloody bird was made. Veskos teleported onto the golem that was glowing green, plunging his sword into it's face.

"Rk'lton Dryt'vkr!" The daemonic language he shouted in would have just sounded like growling, but it charged his sword full of energy, blowing the golem's head apart.

Then Veskos decapitated two normal sized golems for good measure, making sure they couldn't hurt him. Golems were slow, and dim witted.

However the eagle wasn't. It swooped down, and in a single deft stroke, ripped Veskos' throat out, dropping him to the ground.

Veskos simply watched the corpse fall and sighed. Damned golems.

He watched, waiting for the right time to flash reform his body nearby. The nearest Dyr Za Hologh grounds was actually the cemetery, which was a 2 second walk from where Veskos' body was.

Tak

"That does not seem the end of him".
By coincedence the Golem he chose to make was a Cemetary Golem (https://www.google.com.au/search?q=Giant+golem&client=safari&hl=en&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=yIYkUvXoKuuuiQf39IDwBw&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAA&biw=320&bih=416 should be second result).

If he returns he will shout to the people how if the demon does not die, they will all be cursed.

Brisinger987

Veskos regenerated on the back of the Golem's head. The rift made by his regeneration let hundreds of Dyr Za Hologh flow out from the realm of the punished.

They swarmed the golem, tearing it apart piece by piece, before the sunlight, mortals and god's presence overwhelmed them and they disintegrated.

"I'm back..."

Tak

Defteroi frowned for a few seconds, then started to laugh. Oh, well, a few hundred normal sized golems made of whatever might work.
the Golems where all attacking again.

Brisinger987

For a minute, it seemed like war, as matching sized Dyr Za Hologh flowed from the rift, engaging the Golems out of frenzied instinct.

"Why don't you fight me, god. Too scared?"

Tak

Defteroi didn't hear. He was high above the clouds, observing.

Brisinger987

Veskos charged a jump, the sheer strength of his legs propelling him to Defteroi's level.

"Come on coward."

Tak

Defteroi simply moved out of the way, leaving the demon to fall down to the surface.

Better make a few more golems... 20 big ones. At the moment, he just wanted the demon dead, he may even have to call on Zoi, the god of life. Not now.

Brisinger987

The rift sealed, leaving the big golems alive. Veskos simply dropped the hulking creatures on one another from the sky. The weight and speed simply made them crumble on contact with one another.

"MORE!"

Tak

Now, every upgrade of Soul type carried a small bit of DNA from all the previous soul to boot them as the previous soul in case of errors (all except humans). Now, 'Keepers' can use these as negative forces, because they are not compatable. So, it is possible to make blasts of acidic soul and shields of acidic soul, but no Golems as technically it is living. Later Zoi upgraded all the Souls except for Golems, which was perfect for it's purpose.

((Because he is worshipped, he is twice as large as a normal person.))

Defteroi saw that the Demon liked attacking. so he made a Soul Barrier shield around him, went to the ground, and made Golems out of EVERYTHING AROUND. He will mend the damage.

Brisinger987

The energy from the soul barrier fed into Veskos, making his form shift as if it were an illusion. Then he dissipated.

In his place, stood a stronger form. One filled with soul energy. the sword in his hand glowed with black energy, the edges tinted red.

"Time to die!" A horrible roar emitted from the creature as it charged him.