Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

When the Stars Align Right (Fox)

Started by zozee9, September 08, 2013, 08:45:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zozee9

Cedric hustled through town, a giant backpack bouncing side to side on his back. Despite his small stature, he had no troubles carrying the weight. This was lighter than his usual load. Instead of being full with cups and jewelry and other metal pieces, his backpack was full of papers. Or, more accurately, books.

He weaved around the people agilely, moving quickly even though he didn't know where exactly he was going. Cedric glanced at every store front he could, searching for what he was looking for. He saw restaurants, clothing stores, and, of course, whorehouses. While the whorehouses may basically be famous, Cedric had no interest in them. Women were so boring.

At last, his eyes gleamed and he found what he was looking for. It was a large building, full of grandeur. He quickly turned and entered it, still managing to not run into anyone. Once inside, he admired it even more. There were bookshelves upon bookshelves full of priceless writings. When he looked up, he saw beautiful stained glass topping the bookshelves, probably about thirty feet high.

It was more beautiful than almost anywhere he had ever attempted to trade at, but he took that to be a good thing. That meant the building owner should have enough money to buy what he was trying to sell. Not wanting to waste any time, Cedric scurried over to the desk in front of him and demanded, "Let me speak to the person in charge. I have things that will fit perfectly into this library." Then he realized that since he was in a library, he had probably spoken that about ten times too loud. A nervous smile appeared on his face
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

Art Thread: Here! | deviantArt Profile: Here <3

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

Klezmer Gryphon

Her search through the library was fruitless thus far. Every shelf had been searched, every book looked at, and yet Liviana couldn't find the book she needed for the week's lessons, and it made her want to scream. And in her mind, she was.

Poring through the shelves in her search, the gryphoness was just about to call it quits and redo her lesson plans for the week since the book she was looking for, Treatises on Gryphon Culture, seemed to be blatantly absent from the shelves of the library. With a sigh, she flew over to the front desk to see if the librarian would be able to help her when she hit something, no someone!

"Oh, I'm so sorry. I was just coming to find a book for my class." the teacher said, noting the heavy bag the man seemed to be carrying. She couldn't see his face, but she presumed he was busy, probably trying to sell books to the library.

zozee9

After a harsh glare, the librarian walked away. Cedric could only hope that she was getting whoever was in charge. The books in his bag had to be quite valuable, and surely any library would pay a fortune to have them. He stood up straight so that whoever the librarian returned with would know that he was a confident man.

But when someone rammed into his backpack unexpectedly, he couldn't help but stumble forward a step. And then an elegant voice came from behind him. Turning around, Cedric prepared to apologize himself. After all, he probably got in the woman's way with his ginormous backpack. But after seeing just who had run into him and what she was, he let out a small gasp.

"So beautiful!" he exclaimed, completely forgetting his plans of apologizing. "Your wings... they're simply magnificent!" Setting his heavy bag down beside him with a thunk, Cedric smiled wholeheartedly and said, "I'm Cedric! May I have the pleasure of knowing your name?" Then he stuck out his hand, oblivious to the fact that he didn't know if a gryphon could even shake hands.
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

Klezmer Gryphon

"Umm.... Thanks, I guess..." Liviana said, somewhat confused as she shook the man's hand. She hadn't really done anything with her feathers outside of preening them the night before, but that was a normal habit of hers. Either you are an oddball, or you have some strange fetish...

Of course, though she couldn't help but smile, even with the slight confusion about why this elf was complementing her wings so spontaneously.

"Well... Cedric, eh? I'm Liviana. Pleased to meet you."

zozee9

"Pleased to meet you, too!" Cedric responded, resting his arm on the desk behind him. "So, Livi, do you work here? Or just browsing around? Maybe I can help you find a book." He wasn't quite sure why he offered that. He was here on business. But it seemed ungentlemanly to leave someone who needed help alone... plus, he had never met a gryphon before. Why not maximize his time with her?

"I'm here to sell some books. I found some that looked pretty interesting on my travels... and I'm willing to bet that this library doesn't have them. Rather, I'm willing to bet that no libraries have most of them," he continued, smiling proudly. Finding ancient papers wasn't his forte, so it always made him happy when he managed to do so.

Klezmer Gryphon

Just the opportunity she needed! If this guy was selling books, perhaps he had a copy of the one she was looking for...

"So... You're selling books..." Liviana began with a smile, "Would you happen to have a copy of Treatises on Gryphon Culture?"

While she waited for an answer, the gryphon's wings started feeling tired. Already? she thought, and, while the librarian who had just come back gave a rather sharp look, Liviana perched on the counter, bring careful not to disturb any documents scattered about its surface.

zozee9

"Treatises on Gryphon Culture?" Cedric responded, hesitantly. "No, I don't believe so. But I do have this excellent book on the evolution of non-humanoid creatures. I only skimmed through it, but I'm pretty sure gryphons were in there! If you'd like I could pull it out..." He paused. "Oh, here I go again! Sorry, I'm a business man, so sometimes my words wander off like that." He smiled shyly, embarrassed that she had just witnessed that. From time to time, he found himself working his merchandise into conversations without even realizing it. It wasn't his proudest of times.

Just then, he noticed the librarian had returned. Or, more accurately, the librarian had demanded his attention by doing an over exaggerated cough.

"The owner of this building is currently on a lunch break," she said with a nasally voice. Cedric couldn't figure out if that was natural or if she was just trying to bug him. "He will be back at another time."

Klezmer Gryphon

Liviana gave a gentle smile to the man. She was truly intrigued by this man, this elf, not just because he seemed to have some sort of obsession with gryphons, but also due to the fact he seemed to be genuinely kind. Leaving her perch, she flew over to Cédric, and gave him a small peck on the cheek, and covered her beak as she whispered something.

"Would you like to go to lunch with me?" She asked, her voice like a gentle breeze. Liviana was hoping that perhaps he might say yes, but she wasn't sure why. She reasoned that he might check further into his bag for the book she was looking for, but there was another feeling in her heart she hadn't felt before.

zozee9

Cedric smiled widely when Livi pecked him on the cheek. And then he wondered. Was that equivalent to a kiss on the cheek? Or was that just something gryphons normally did? He decided that he'd catch up on gryphon culture some time. It seemed like a useful thing to know.

Looking at his new gryphon friend, he responded, "Sure! Let's go! Now... I hope you know where places are because this is literally the first place I've gone in this town. I wanted to get these books off my shoulders as quickly as possible. No matter, I'll come back later!" He slung the bag over his shoulders once again and smiled at Livi. "Where shall we go?"

The librarian did another one of her over dramatic coughs and Cedric quietly said, "Certainly not here." He started exiting the library before he got into any more trouble.

Klezmer Gryphon

Liviana simply smiled as she led her new friend out the door. Having lived in Uthlyn for a few years now, she knew of more than a few places to get something to eat. There was a bakery literally across the street from the school she taught at, as well as a butcher's shop. And what was even more convenient was that the school was only a couple blocks away.

"Well, I don't go to taverns or bars, but there is a butcher and a bakery very close to the school I teach at." She said, now flying in that direction. Surely this man wouldn't mind some home cooking, would he?

zozee9

Cedric smiled at Livi and happily followed her. He was curious to where she would bring him. Although it did make him wonder if she ate meat... like, did she eat chickens? Not like he thought she was a chicken. It was just that they both had feathers.

Shaking his head at his own strange thoughts, he cleared his mind and started humming. He liked to hum while he walked—it was like his own voice kept him company. Which was awfully lonely, he realized, but it was needed when he was traveling through woods and mountains alone. So he just kept humming, perfectly content with how the day was going.