Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

To Know the Definition for What Life Is (Spice!)

Started by Ivory, September 09, 2013, 07:08:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ivory

"That seems easier said than done, if its inventor is dead."  Especially if she wasn't willing to share it!  He rubbed his bearded chin thoughtfully a moment, and then he said, "Tell you what.  If you want to bring a sample of it to my shop, I could pass it along to the people who make this stuff."  He kicked the keg lightly with his foot.  "And they could look at it and see if they could figure out what it's made of."

It was, after all, what they did best.

"It sounds like a win-win."

visualspice

Aelith stared at him for a moment, digesting what he was saying before simply agreeing, "Alright.." Though she said with with some hesitation, looking the man over before securing the powder back to her belt.
"But how do you expect them to figure it out? I think some of the elements came from my home land."
Which, mind you, was miles away out at sea...
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Ivory

"I don't know, really," Redly answered simply with a shrug.  "But they're the best at what they do.  If anyone can figure it out, it's them."  They, like him, were tinkerers at heart.  And if people thought Redly was crazy for playing with guns and cannons, they were the ones who provided the powders that could make it, sometimes, so dangerous.

"What are you called?"  Let's try this again!  Jokingly, he added, "Unless you would rather me make up a name for you."  He could do that too!

visualspice

Aelith lifted her gaze to his, looking him over before simply replying, "Aelith." And she stared at him expectantly, waiting for him to lead the way. If there was promise of getting more powder, she might as well take it.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Ivory

"We'll have to share a horse," Redly said thoughtfully, abandoning his new toy as he moved towards the place he had tethered his mount.  The cannon would have to wait until the apprentices could come gather it up...

"You don't mind, do you?" he added, glancing at the strange girl over his shoulder.  And she was strange, too...

visualspice

Aelith followed by his side expectantly, then turned silently to observe his steed before looking back to him.
"That should suffice," she said, and waited for him to prepare the horse. Last time she tried to take the lead on something like this; the man ended up with her metal fist in his face.. and they were both horseless.

Ivory

She was certainly an odd one!  Redly saw to the horse at an unhurried pace, then swung up into the saddle himself.  He wasn't accustomed to double-riding, really, and certainly not with a woman...but, he thought, how hard could it be?

Extending a hand downwards to her, he invited, "Alright.  Up you come."

visualspice

Taking his hand, she stepped onto the horse and swung her legs over like a man, giving a simple gaze tot he man before her as her heavy metal legs nestled against his and she leaned against his back.  The horse, now burdened by a second rider, chuffed beneath her weight and moved uneasily as it swished it's tail uneasily. She ensured her things were secure on her person before turning her eyes back to him with a nod.

Ivory

Redly was momentarily surprised by her weight -- but then, he realized, he had no reason to be.  She was wearing armor, after all...  With his excitement, he had forgotten that small fact...

Easing his horse's complaints with a pat on its neck, he turned the animal back in the direction of home at an easy pace; there was no sense in tiring the poor creature out!

As they moved along, he asked, curiously, reviewing what little he knew of her.  "So, what brought you to Connlaoth?"  He paused, then, finding himself adding, "And why are you wearing armor?"  It was, after all, illegal to some degree...although she wasn't outright declaring herself a man.  That law, despite his familiarity with the subject, was a bit hazy.

visualspice

Aelith listened to his questions with some interest, but found it something really no different than the passing of time. So she replied with indifference.
"It just happened to be here."
And at his last question,s he stared down at her legs.
"I'm not wearing the armor.. it's a part of me." And she stated it simply, though there was only some hesitation in her voice. It seemed some folks out in this portion fo the world didn't quite understand what she was. So she hadn't quite grasped how to explain herself to these sorts of folk. Aelith was blunt anyways. There was no reason to hold anything back.

Ivory

It took Redly a moment to digest the words and to, mentally, verify what she had said.

If she was able to see his face, it would have looked as though he were thinking very, very hard -- so hard it nearly hurt.

Finally, curious, he pursued, "What do you mean it's part of you?"  Because that made no sense!

visualspice

Aelith went quiet. She didn't have to see his face to sense the tension, the confusion in the air, in his voice. So she kept quiet as she pondered over a concise way to explain.
"I live with it on."
What else was she to do? It wasn't the armor he thought it to be. She couldn't simply take it off. It was very much apart of her and as natural to her as breathing. She glanced down at her legs, then tot he metal of her arm. Then curiously, she glanced over to his hands.

Ivory

Well, that was...yes.  That's what that would mean, Redly supposed.  He rubbed his chin with his hand, then said, "I'm assuming you don't mean a figurative sense..."

Not in the way soldiers talked about their arms and armaments being a part of them, of living with them on all the time...

But why would someone seal a girl into an armor suit?

"How long have you been that way?"

visualspice

Aelith grew quiet at his question, trying to count the years.
"Since I woke up the second time."

Ivory

Redly didn't know what that meant.  He wasn't sure he wanted to know what that meant.  Instead, he pursued a much more gallant, and to the point, line of questioning.

"You're not hurting, are you?" he asked next, his concern readily apparent.  "We can get you out of that thing if you want.  We've got the best engineers and smiths and you-name-it in Connlaoth."

visualspice

Aelith blinked. Now it was her turn not to understand what he meant.
"Does it look like I'm hurting?" And as usual, her face and voice were a mask of indifference. "Besides, my armor is a part of me." She couldn't take that off is she wanted to- and if the man knew the intimacies behind them, he'd probably agree.

OOC: She's so nice and sociable!

Ivory

"Wait..."

Redly chewed over the information a minute, and then, finally, he asked, "You mean it's actually part of you?  You're not just stuck inside a suit of armor?"

Angsar above, who would do that to a girl??

And how??

But mostly why??

He sort of gaped -- although, clearly, not at her, because he couldn't see her...so he gaped in a general forwardly direction instead!

visualspice

Aelith remained silent as the man guiding the horse was digesting over this. Most couldn't wrap their brains around it, then again, things were a lot different at The Mists...
So when he was busy gaping over the thought of it, Aelith simply answered , "Yes."

Ivory

So, there was someone out there not just locking girls up in armor...but actually molding armor to their bodies.  The analytical, machine-loving, soldiering side of his brain was swamped with the possibilities...but he had played the role of protective older brother for much longer than he had been a soldier, and that part of him was horrified that someone would do that to a girl.

Finally, he managed, "Are there many of you?"

visualspice

"There were enough of us," she began to say. "For my master to compose his work on and attempt to perfect his ideas."