Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

To Know the Definition for What Life Is (Spice!)

Started by Ivory, September 09, 2013, 07:08:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ivory

"So there are more of you, then," Redly answered, thinking of his own works-in-progress.  They weer, he thought, never, ever perfect...  Would grafting metal to a body be much the same?  Eternally imperfect?

"Are you the only one here in Connlaoth?"

It had not escaped his notice that she was familiar with explosives...nor that an army of metal people would be, in theory, effective.

visualspice

As usual, Aelith remained quiet as he spoke, and took a few seconds before answering, "I don't know. I've never been here before, so I couldn't say."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Ivory

"You don't keep in contact with the others?"  Redly had already projected his own life onto hers, whether she liked it or not!  To his way of thinking, the others were like her siblings...and he could not imagine not keeping track of his siblings, unruly though they may be!  "Well, what about your, er, master?"

visualspice

Aelith listened to his questions, digesting them with patience, for she was indifferent to his inquiries, anyway. So when he asked about keeping contact, she simply stated, "I left my home to be on my own." Then about her master, she waited a moment, her lips sagging into a frown before replying, "He's dead."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Ivory

"I'm sorry," Redly offered softly.  For all of it.  Even the parts she, probably, wasn't sorry about!

"If you're here alone and have nowhere else to stay while in Connlaoth, you're welcome to stay with me."  He glanced at her over his shoulder, offering her a very lopsided grin.  "I won't hurt you.  And I have plenty of extra space."

visualspice

Aelith remained quiet for a time. His words of offering were a strange thing to her, considering...
"Though I'm only passing through, I might take you up on that offer for the evening."

Ivory

"Good," he answered readily, urging the horse forward with a click of his tongue when it stopped to investigate a patch of sweet grass.  "My sister is visiting one of my other siblings, so it should be just the two of us..."

The house wasn't far from where Redly had been playing with the weapon.  In a short while, they were meandering through a meadow towards a quaint, if large, cottage.  The sloping lawn and small garden looked well-maintained and peaceful, and there was a stillness about that place that seemed a welcoming solitude.

"Here we are."  He reined in the horse outside the back door, between the cottage, a small stable, and what looked to be a small forge.  "I don't really have any servants or anything...but I'll get you whatever you need."

visualspice

Dismounting from the horse, Aelith studied the quaint 'cottage/forge' with interest, even as the look from her eyes almost made it seem as.if studying the small structure made her.bored. But a subtle curiosity shined in the depths of her eyes as she took in each minute detail, her posture, collected, like a soldier's with her shoulders square and chin high, which made it all the easier, for one so close,to observe the bandings of metal around her neck where it blended into flesh.

Ivory

Redly vanished long enough to see to the horse.  He'd have to return to properly put him away, but, for the time being, it was good enough that he was freed from bit, bridle, and saddle, and turned out into the field to graze a bit.

"Are you hungry?" the man wondered.  Looking every bit the gentleman, he held the door open for his guest.  "My sister's a better cook than I am, but I can hold my own."

He remembered, a bit belatedly, that she was not entirely human.  He paused, then, with a graceful frown.  "If you eat, that is..."

visualspice

A curious question it was as Aelith lifted her gaze to his and simply relied, "Do animals not.eat? You and I are not much different than they, and although parts of me.are of.metal... yes," she said, tilting her head. "I eat." And she stated at him expectantly before she added, this time almost with a.smirk, "Though I will require oil. I do not wish for my legs to rust."

Ivory

Redly blinked at her a minute, then laughed quietly and regarded her with a somewhat lopsided grin.  "I think you're making fun of me."

It was hard to tell, what with her subtle expressions, but...  He thought he detected some snark there.

"Well, have a seat.  I'll see what I can rustle up for grub."

visualspice

At his laughter, she blinked, and studied him a moment, then her legs.
"Do you not have oil?" she inquired, staring at them for a moment before lifting her gaze. "If not I will have to find a place that sells some. I have to keep my parts well maintenance if I don't want to seize up." Which, ironically was a bit painful when her parts DID become rusty.

Ivory

"I have oil," he answered with a grin, although he was moving towards the stove rather than towards his workshop.  "Illi will kill me if I bring oil in the house, but we can go out to the workshop if you want to do that first."

He seemed more intent on cooking than on finding her some oil, as he was speaking with his back to her.  "Let's see.  Do you like chicken noodle soup?"

That would be easy to make...and relatively quick, too!

visualspice

Aelith blinked at his suggestion. Well, at least she was going to be getting some oil...
But at the mention of soup, her ears perked up, as did the hunger she had forgotten about. Despite being half machine.. the woman still had to eat.

"Soup would suffice," she told him simply, blinking as she peered at his back side then slowly, began to take in the details of his home. It was... interesting, different, but in a way, all the same to the other human homes she had visited in her travels. Homes she viewed as something similar to the experimentation house her master once worked within, but then again, she thought homes and barns and shops were all the same, Buildings were buildings after all and in the Mists, her master Cinta owned everything so she had not yet wrapped around the concept of outside ownership yet (at least... not with buildings)

Ivory

"Good, 'cause that's what you're getting!"  Redly was no master chef, but he'd made plenty of soup in his life.  He moved through the kitchen confidently, searching out the required ingredients and tossing them into the pot.  He chopped up the vegetables without finesse, but he managed to do so without losing any digits, so that was all that could be said of that!

"How long you staying for?" he wondered as he worked.  "However long you want is fine by me.  The more the merrier!"

visualspice

Aelith watched him curiously, though soup was no fascinating subject matter, something about it- the cutting of vegetables and meat, brought a stirring inside her head. She recalled flashes of her sister, and herself as well, and they were... so young in this memory she almost didn't recognize them- especially as she remembered laughing along with her and throwing carrots and potatoes at one another until the pieces ended up all over the floor...
And she then recalled being scared, and as the memory stirred up the shadow figure of her parents, she took a step back from Redly as she began to recall how the scene played but- but as she and her sister began to cower, waiting to be punished, a man's laughter echoed throughout the memory, and the air turned warm and...

Aelith's lips twitched into a small smile, and in doing so- found herself not catching the last question Redly had asked.

Ivory

Redly gave her a moment to respond to his question, thinking, perhaps, that she was mulling it over.  When no response came, however, he turned towards her with a curious look that only grew more curious when he realized she was staring off into space with an odd smile.

"Aelith?" he prompted.  "Hello?  Anybody home in there?"

visualspice

The second he spoke, her smile faded as she.turned.towards him. Tilting her head curiously, she inquired, "Yes?"

Ivory

Redly's own smile widened into something softer, but equally as friendly.  More gently, he asked, "How long do you want to stay?  We have the room.  And I'm sure Illi would love to meet you when she comes back."

visualspice

How long did she want to stay? A strange question to ask and as it sunk in, she knew not the answer.
"I'm traveling through. Though, perhaps a night would do no harm." And then she tilted her head curiously to one side and inquired, "Who's Illi? Is that your sister?"