Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

No Sun in Winter

Started by Lion, October 04, 2013, 03:51:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lion

Theon was intrigued by Ninn's curt, yet somehow polite behavior as they went about hunting for her sword.  He followed after her and moved quietly.  "Do you come to this village often?  The people here seem to have an attachment to you," he asked as they walked.

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

"That is because they are friendly to most. Not all settlements are this way. The more North you go, the people and weather both get equally cold."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

Theon walked with her in stride, grinning as he went.  "That is good to know.  I can only hope when I travel to the next village over, I find similar hospitality."  White puffs emerged from his mouth.  "That is my next destination."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

She didn't comment and kept on walking. It wasn't her place to care or to pry. But what was on her mind was her sword, and the cottage soon appeared at the top of the hill, but even before she approached it she paused.to swear. No one was home , as was evident by the lack of smoke from the chimney. She supposed Teymu must still be smithing. Without so much as a word, she headed back down the hill they had just.climbed, crossed the peddlars tent and rounded a close or trees. Though there was no smoke coming from his shop, Ninn saw movement and began to pick up her pace.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

Theon sensed her alarm and reached for his blade when she began to move quicker.  "What was that?" he hissed as he looked around.  He'd seen it too, but it'd been too quick for his eyes.  But his hands were at the ready and Lohengrin's edge flashed  silver against the snow.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

And that's when an arrow whizzed over his head. The woman didn't seem to notice, as she advanced, but with no sword, she was left with just a meager dagger in defense. But sword or not, she wasn't one to back down from any sort of fight, so with the small dagger in hand, she followed after the moving shadows through the trees.

Lion

Theon ducked low enough to avoid the arrow, but he could not see who was firing at them.  Despite the blankness of the snow, they remained in shadow and there was no moment to spare for idle viewing.  Theon bolted after Ninn, keeeping pace with legs as long as hers and pushing her toward the thickened copse of pine trees.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

The shadowed figures had a lead on them, and as the woman continued to run through the thickening snow, there was only one thing that halted her in her tracks-

And that was of the bloodied body laid splayed open, innards hanging from the trees, still wet and dripping into the snow.

Lion

Theon too, skidded to a halt when he saw the body, but he couldn't stand idle for long.  He heard the whistling, anticipating it before it came and he snatched Ninn by the arm, yanking her out of the way before the arrow buried itself into her head.  He didn't know what chased them, or what put that body in the tree, but he wasn't going to wait before it was upon him.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

The woman let out a cry as Theon yanked her aside, but when she realized why, her eyes went wide as she growled.
"This wickedness has gone on too long. We should fall back and warn the villagers."

Lion

Theon pulled her back to him.  "Wait!  What is it?" he asked.  "What are we dealing with?  Those same monsters again, or something worse?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"I can not judge if it's worse, but this is not in the monsters style. They use not arrows to cut through men, but their teeth."

Lion

"First, we must get your blade.  How are you to defend without it?  Your hands are only so much use.  Retrieve your blade, I will run ahead to warn the villagers," Theon said sternly.  "GO!"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Ninn glared at Theon before nodding.
"Go swift, as will I." And she rushed off, hoping no one had touched her blade.

Lion

A primal fear gripped Theon, more than the plague of his visions.  What he could see and what he could prevent were one thing.  But this was something else entirely.  The foreign entity that suddenly attacked them, and seemed intent on killing the villagers, brought up the hackles on the back of his neck.  It made Theon run all that much faster.

They hadn't gone that far when he saw the village come up from behind a patch of trees and the anxiety gripped him, that he was already too late.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

With blade in hand, Ninn was quick to reach Theon's side. And she called out to him, "Why are you stopping? We have to get to the village."

Lion

Theon didn't stop.  But he was surprised she'd caught up to him so quickly.  And with the village in sight, Theon felt his stomach suddenly drop as many huts and shacks were already engulfed in flame.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Ninn swore.
"Damn it, we're too late!" And she saw an upright creature take off, bow in hand. Without saying a word, she dashed after it and the moment it realized Ninn was coming after it, it bolted off into the deeper wood.

Lion

It was only then that Theon remembered Jouzan and he ran off toward the flaming town.  As he ran he heard screams coming from the inside of a hut and without thinking, Theon ran for it.  He smashed through the door, smoke coming out like a wasp swarm.  Two women screamed from inside the hut, one crying over the form of a man, still on the ground.

"Come on!"  Theon said, throwing the cloak over his face to protect it from the smoke.  There was nothing to be done for the man, who lay buried underneath a heavy piece of timber and one woman pulled the other along.  The second protested, screaming something in a strange tongue.  Theon grabbed her and yanked her out from beneath the collapsing roof and they both fell forward into the snow.

Theon stood, helping her up.  "Find others!" he said.  "Save them if you can."

And just when he thought it was too late, he heard the squawk of Jouzan swooping on overhead.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

The beast was.too fast for her, and she abandoned the chase and rushed back to town. She arrived in time to watch Theon rescue two ladies from their hut, and realized had she been alone, those two women would have died. Searching the other huts, she called through the flames to see if anyone needed any help. It was all they could do for now.