Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Umm.... Répétez, s'il vous plaît? (Open!)

Started by Klezmer Gryphon, October 07, 2013, 03:06:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Klezmer Gryphon

(OoC: I'll give you fair warning that François doesn't speak Common... So, to reflect that, I won't use English when he speaks... I'm open to changing this, though!... Extra warning: François' knowledge of Common doesn't go much further than swearing...)

when François didn't have time for this... He was supposed to be back at his studio, working with a customer who wanted to purchase one of his recent paintings. Instead, however, he was stuck at the bakery, trying to buy some bread.

"Madame, je veux simplement du pain! Qu'est-ce si difficile à comprendre à ce sujet?" he demanded, almost starting to yell at the baker, who clearly saw that the gryphon was pointing at the bread. The only problem was that she couldn't understand a word he was saying.

"Speak Common, for Ansgar's sake!" She yelled, waving her hands frantically at him, in a vain attempt to drive him off. But, to their mutual frustration, the stubborn François stayed where he was, now babbling again, the only intelligible words being "Ansgar" and "Fuck"...

zozee9

Cedric's humming started to trail off as Livi started to slow down. Seeing the storefront before them, he correctly assumed that they had made it to the bakery. He was just about to double check this with his gryphon companion when he started to hear some yelling from within the shop.

Glancing over at Livi, he asked, "Umm... is this it? What language is that, anyway? I don't recognize it..."
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

Art Thread: Here! | deviantArt Profile: Here <3

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

Klezmer Gryphon

Liviana chuckled when her friend asked about the language they were hearing.

"Oh, that? That's just the local babbler getting annoyed with the store owner. He doesn't speak Common very well." She said with a laugh. She had seen François around town on several occasions, but never really said anything to him except for the one time she decided to learn a bit of his language.

"François! Elle ne vous comprends pas," she called to the frustrated gryphon. Immediately he quit his ranting, and walked over to the pair. Liviana smiled to him, and looked to her elven companion, and introduced Cedric to the fox-like gryphon.

"This is François. I've met him a few times around town, and, as I said earlier, he doesn't speak Common very well." She explained. Flying over to the lady running the place, she reached into her purse, and pulled out enough money for a few loaves of bread, after which, she tossed one to François.

"Merci bien, Mademoiselle Vivien. Comment allez-vous? he asked graciously. There were many times where he would have used his sketch pad and gestures to resolve the situation, but he was without them that day. Regardless, he looked over the pair, and waited for an answer...

zozee9

"Erm... Cedric?" he replied, not quite sure what the question asked was. Normally he would say much more, but it was tough when he knew the other gryphon wouldn't understand a word he said.

Turning towards Livi, he added, "Shall we sit somewhere?" Without even waiting for her to reply, Cedric headed off into the bakery and grabbed a table set for four. He set his gigantic bag down on the chair next to him, and then hummed some more until Livi joined him.

But once she did come with the other gryphon, Cedric started talking immediately. "What sort of language is that, anyway? Is it some sort of gryphon language? If so, I would love to learn it! I'm sure I could find a book on it somewhere... Oh! Or is it something that only gryphons can understand? Because I've heard that some things are like that!"
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

Brisinger987

Torak was feeling rather... He didn't really know how to put it.

Irritable was one part of it, but neutral was another. Quick to change? Whatever he felt he had a small, menial task to do today. Find some food. No sword, no armour, no violence. Unless some idiot shouting in something other than common decided to throw stuff at him.

And when he entered the bakery, the amount of non-common words flying around irritated him. And the gryphons too. Bloody feathered mutts in his opinion. Feathered, winged mutts.

"Hey, feather-brains, how about this? Siarad gwaedlyd cyffredin rydych bastard anwybodus!" He copied the speech pattern of this horse-bird quite quickly, only shouting curse words and names in common, nothing else.

Klezmer Gryphon

As the two gryphons took their seats, Liviana laughed at Cedric's response to the other gryphon's question.

"He was asking how you were." She said with a giggle, and then began to explain what little she did know about François, who looked on with curiosity as the two conversed.

"François obviously isn't from around here. From what little I could gather through his drawings, his language is from a continent that is far, far to the east. I often urge him to come to my classes so he can learn Common, but-"

"Je n'aime pas votre le cours oú votre l'école, Mademoiselle Vivien. François chimed in, clearly showing his dislike of the lone college of Connlaoth, Liviana's workplace. The gryphon teacher sighed, and continued her explanation.

"But, he refuses to come. I'm not sure why, though" she said, the frustration clear in her voice. She wanted to help the fox-like gryphon, but every time she offered help, he turned it down... Frustrating indeed. And then came the rude interruption...

"Why don't you fuck off, no-brains?!" it was François, using his limited amount of Common, much to Liviana's chagrin. He was clearly annoyed by the new comer, who just interrupted a nice conversation with his fellow gryphon, and her friend.

Brisinger987

"Oooh, big strong mutt trying to make up for the fact that your parents were a fucking chicken and a donkey! You're gonna look pretty funny trying to peck corn with no fuckin' eyes..." Torak was in an argumentative mood then. This guy had just started an argument that would likely end in a brutal fist fight and guard separation. Most likely.

"Here's something for you. Little phrase I learnt in Vorzavian! Melkroth vas naradda yl ne damana du coptos nek zer! Now that probably doesn't sound insulting, but to demon's, that's about as bad as it gets! I doubt a mutt like you can understand anything more than a cluck or caw from your parents, so let me re-iterate." Torak found himself grinding his teeth, and cracked his knuckles.

"Melkroth the deformed is now laughing at your rotting face! Your face looks like it crawled on your skull, died, and is now rotting!" The insult was guaranteed to offend almost all demons.

Klezmer Gryphon

Up until this point, no one had paid much attention to the Sionhai woman sitting in the corner, dressed in a black coat and hat of some variety. Nobody paid her much attention... Until she had her sword pointed at the man's throat. It was a scene that shocked the two gryphons.

"Shut your mouth." She said in a voice that demanded respect, a voice of a hardened soldier. She kept the point of her sword aimed at his throat, but then addressed the two gryphons who sat at the table beside her.

"I hope this guy wasn't causing trouble for you." The lady said, almost apologetically.  The two gryphons merely stared...

zozee9

Cedric sat for most of the arguing, his face blank. It wasn't as if he didn't care for the gryphons; he just felt like he recognized the shouter for somewhere. Maybe he had met him before? No, he felt like that was wrong. Then perhaps a book, or maybe he was royalty, or maybe he found his way onto a bounty poster...

Well, no use dwelling over it. Cedric was just about ready to get up and knock the ignorant man out when another figure appeared. And this time it was a Sionhai! With a sword.

How did he always get himself in trouble?

Oh right, he was a treasure hunter. Trouble came with the money. With a sigh, Cedric finally stood up. Despite his small stature, his presence wasn't ignorable. "Thank you," Cedric replied to the Sionhai with a short bow. Then, looking the fool straight into his eyes, he added, "And I don't know what exactly you were yelling, but you better apologize!"

Brisinger987

Torak teleported about 4 meters back, summoning his armour and sword at the same time. "Now put the sword down, and you tell your stupid friend to top yelling at me. Or I'll cut her throat without a second thought." The standoff was V shaped, with Myria pointing at Torak, and Torak pointing at Cedric. He had even deliberately insulted the other man to make matters worse.

Then a flash of purple smoke appeared in front of Torak and soon he was laying on the floor, having been punched in the face and kicked in the groin.

"I apologise for my brother's behaviour... He's just being stupid... I'm Sophia." She bared a smile at them that showed off her half vampire nature.

zozee9

Cedric watched the boy, unimpressed. And when that odd girl appeared out of nowhere and knocked the fool down, Cedric couldn't help but laugh a little. But siblings? They seemed a bit... different, to say the least.

The vampire girl (or at least he assumed, given her teeth) seemed like the annoying type, however. The kind of girl that got all the guys and was self obsessed. All of the vampires Cedric had met were like that. Or, well, they were crazy and tried to kill him.

So maybe self obsessed wasn't too bad after all.

Reaching out his hand, Cedric quickly replied, "I'm Cedric. Nice to meet you."